|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ged find on the island?
(a) Master Changer
(c) The Shadow
2. What is Vetch's sister's name?
3. Where does the woman say Ged is?
(b) The Court of Terrenor
(c) The spirit world
4. What is Yarrow desperate to know?
(a) Why he is being followed by a shadow
(b) Where Ged met her brother
(d) If Ged is single
5. How does Ged repair his boat?
(b) He phones Pechvarry
(c) The hide of a dead animal
(d) With wood and a spell
6. On which island does Ged stop next?
7. What do Ged and Vetch head into after Atowell?
(a) A storm
(b) A cave
(d) Unchartered waters
8. Where does Ged wake up?
(a) The wizard school
(b) Ogion's cabin
(c) A cold room in a tower
(d) On a beach
9. On whose arm does Ged land?
(a) Lord Benderesk
(c) Master Changer
10. What saves Ged from drowning?
(a) A hawk carries him to shore
(b) A dolphin takes him to shore
(c) A wave carries him to shore
(d) He finds a piece of driftwood
11. How does Ged help the villagers?
(a) He provides them with cleaner water
(b) He provides them them with larger boats
(c) He provides them with healthier air
(d) He helps them with their personal needs
12. What does Ogion advise Ged to do?
(a) Runaway from the shadow
(b) Talk to the shadow
(c) Fight the shadow
(d) Go back to school
13. Where does Vetch find Ged after he has fought the shadow?
(a) Suspended from a tree
(b) In a cave
(c) In the ocean
(d) On the beach
14. Where does Ged dock his boat next?
(a) Northern Hands
(b) Southern Hands
(c) Western Hands
(d) Eastern Hands
15. What does the shadow feel like when Ged grabs him?
(c) Like water
(d) Like air
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ged feel from the stone?
2. Why does Ged want to stay in Atowell?
3. Why are the couple on the island?
4. Where does Ged see the shadow resting when he enters the inlet?
5. Why can't Ged get to Roke?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)