|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ged turn himself into to fight the birds?
(a) An eagle
(b) A buzzard
(c) A hawk
(d) An owl
2. What does Yarrow feel about Ged's future?
3. What does Ged offer to be in order to get on board a ship to the Court of Terrenor?
(a) A jester
(b) A wizard
(c) A cook
(d) An oarsman
4. What does the shadow feel like when Ged grabs him?
(b) Like water
(c) Like air
5. What does Ged call his new boat?
6. What is Ged reluctant to do?
(a) Look for the Shadow
(b) Talk to villagers
(c) Change salt water into fresh water
(d) Go ashore
7. What has Ged developed?
(a) A beak
(b) Talons instead of hands
(c) Hawk mannerisms
(d) His wizard skills
8. Where does Ged next see the Shadow?
(a) Sitting on the edge of a cliff
(b) In the sky
(c) Reflected in the water
(d) In an inlet
9. Whose point of view does Le Guin switch to when Ged fights the Shadow?
(d) The Shadow's
10. What saves Ged from drowning?
(a) A dolphin takes him to shore
(b) A hawk carries him to shore
(c) He finds a piece of driftwood
(d) A wave carries him to shore
11. On which island does Ged stop next?
12. Why are the couple on the island?
(a) They were abandoned there during a coup.
(b) They became sick of the easy life.
(c) The love they feel for each other is frowned upon in their own country.
(d) They got shipwrecked.
13. How does Ged help the villagers?
(a) He provides them them with larger boats
(b) He provides them with healthier air
(c) He provides them with cleaner water
(d) He helps them with their personal needs
14. How does Ged get food from villagers when he travels in search of the shadow?
(a) He begs on the street
(b) He sneaks into their houses at night
(c) He threatens them at gun point
(d) He does good deeds
15. Why won't Ged's spells work?
(a) He has forgotten an essential word.
(b) Because Pechvarry cursed him.
(c) Because killing the dragon had drained all of Ged's power
(d) Because the storm is one of Roke's safety spells
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one village tell him?
2. What does Serrett say will happen if Ged asks the stone a question?
3. What feature does Skiorh lack?
4. What is Vetch worried about when he finds Ged?
5. How many people does Ged find sitting in the shack
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)