|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the shadow trick Ged into doing?
(a) Losing all of his supplies
(b) Starting a storm.
(c) Crashing into rocks.
(d) Getting lost
2. Who does Ged find on the island?
(a) The Shadow
(b) Master Changer
3. To where does Ged find a ship to sail?
4. Why does the old man startle Ged?
(a) He has a snake tongue
(b) He threatens Ged with a dagger
(c) He has no face
(d) He knows a lot about Ged
5. What has Ged developed?
(a) His wizard skills
(b) Talons instead of hands
(c) Hawk mannerisms
(d) A beak
6. Who is listening to their conversation?
(a) Master Changer
(c) Lord Benderesk
(d) Master Weaver
7. What is Vetch's sister's name?
8. What saves Ged from drowning?
(a) A wave carries him to shore
(b) He finds a piece of driftwood
(c) A hawk carries him to shore
(d) A dolphin takes him to shore
9. To what part of Iffish does Ged go?
10. How does Ged repair his boat?
(a) He phones Pechvarry
(b) The hide of a dead animal
(c) With wood and a spell
11. What do Ged and Vetch teach the islanders on Atowell?
(b) Songs of Lore
(c) Ancient recipies
(d) Ancient writings
12. What does Ged find out about the shadow?
(a) It does not like to be chased
(b) Spells do not affect it
(c) It wants to take over Ged's soul
(d) It does not like to be touched
13. What is Ged reluctant to do?
(a) Talk to villagers
(b) Look for the Shadow
(c) Go ashore
(d) Change salt water into fresh water
14. What does the man ask Ged to paint on the boat?
(a) Two eyes
(b) His name
(c) A dolphin
(d) A mouth with shark like teeth
15. to where does Ged sail?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does Ged find sitting in the shack
2. What is Yarrow desperate to know?
3. On whose arm does Ged land?
4. What does one village tell him?
5. Why are the couple on the island?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)