|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ged nervous about entering the inlet?
(a) It is dark
(b) The shadow might kill him
(c) The tight space
(d) He is hearing funny noises
2. Whose point of view does Le Guin switch to when Ged fights the Shadow?
(b) The Shadow's
3. What does Ged buy from a local man on Gont island?
(a) A small boat
(b) A sword
(c) Some food
4. Where does Ged next see the Shadow?
(a) Reflected in the water
(b) In an inlet
(c) Sitting on the edge of a cliff
(d) In the sky
5. What does Vetch insist on doing?
(a) Giving Ged food supplies
(b) Giving Ged his sword
(c) Helping Ged search for the shadow
(d) Making Ged invincible
6. For what reason do the villagers tell Ged to move on?
(a) They do not want the shadow on their island
(b) He has a bad aura
(c) Wizard's are not welcome
(d) They already have a wizard
7. In what country are the couple heir to a throne?
8. What does Ged feel from the stone?
9. Where do Ged and Vetch travel to after the fight?
10. Why does the old man startle Ged?
(a) He knows a lot about Ged
(b) He threatens Ged with a dagger
(c) He has a snake tongue
(d) He has no face
11. On which island does Ged stop next?
12. What does Ged call his new boat?
13. What does Ged find out about the shadow?
(a) Spells do not affect it
(b) It does not like to be touched
(c) It does not like to be chased
(d) It wants to take over Ged's soul
14. How does Ged help the couple before he leaves?
(a) He gives them a herd of cows.
(b) He gives them a spell book
(c) He sweetens their well water
(d) He provides them with chickens
15. What does the seller ask for in return for the boat?
(b) A new wife
(c) A spell
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ged and Vetch head into after Atowell?
2. What does Ged acquire in Westhand
3. What does the paving stone at the base of the castle contain?
4. With whom does Vetch live?
5. Where does the woman say Ged is?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)