|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the old man say Ged can find out more about the Shadow?
(a) The wizard school on Osskil
(c) The Court of Terrenor
2. What does the shadow trick Ged into doing?
(a) Getting lost
(b) Starting a storm.
(c) Losing all of his supplies
(d) Crashing into rocks.
3. What is the final island Ged and Vetch visit?
4. Why does Ged tell Vetch to row?
(a) They need to get away from the shadow
(b) He thinks Vetch is being too lazy
(c) The sail is broken
(d) They are coming towards land
5. In what country are the couple heir to a throne?
6. Why does Ged have to stop chasing the shadow?
(a) Ged has no energy left
(b) Because of fog
(c) Because of a storm
(d) The shadow begins chasing him
7. What is the woman's name?
8. What does Ged acquire in Westhand
(a) A bigger boat
(b) A coat
(d) A slave
9. In what direction do Ged and Vetch travel?
10. What does Ged call his new boat?
11. Why won't Ged's spells work?
(a) He has forgotten an essential word.
(b) Because Pechvarry cursed him.
(c) Because the storm is one of Roke's safety spells
(d) Because killing the dragon had drained all of Ged's power
12. To where does Ged find a ship to sail?
13. What tells Ged he is heading in the right direction?
(a) The islanders keep telling him they've seen his double
(b) He can tell from his map
(c) He is heading towards stormy weather
(d) He can sense the Shadow
14. What does Ged see on the island?
(a) A mansion
(b) Human bones
(c) A shack
(d) A TV tower
15. What does the man ask Ged to paint on the boat?
(a) His name
(b) A mouth with shark like teeth
(c) Two eyes
(d) A dolphin
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ged reluctant to do?
2. Why is Pechvarry so unhappy with his friend?
3. What does Ged turn himself into to fight the birds?
4. Where does Ged next see the Shadow?
5. What has Ged lost?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)