|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ged turn himself into to fight the birds?
(a) An eagle
(b) A buzzard
(c) An owl
(d) A hawk
2. What does Ged find out about the shadow?
(a) Spells do not affect it
(b) It wants to take over Ged's soul
(c) It does not like to be chased
(d) It does not like to be touched
3. What do Ged and Vetch teach the islanders on Atowell?
(b) Ancient writings
(c) Songs of Lore
(d) Ancient recipies
4. Towards what island does Ged sail?
5. What does Ged offer to be in order to get on board a ship to the Court of Terrenor?
(a) A wizard
(b) An oarsman
(c) A jester
(d) A cook
6. What saves Ged from drowning?
(a) A wave carries him to shore
(b) A hawk carries him to shore
(c) He finds a piece of driftwood
(d) A dolphin takes him to shore
7. With whom does Vetch live?
(a) His girlfriend
(b) His mother
(c) His sister
(d) His wife
8. What feature does Skiorh lack?
(a) A face
(b) A nose
(c) A mouth
9. Where does Vetch find Ged after he has fought the shadow?
(a) In a cave
(b) Suspended from a tree
(c) On the beach
(d) In the ocean
10. What does Serrett say will happen if Ged asks the stone a question?
(a) They will live forever
(b) They will fall in love.
(c) They will both rule the world.
(d) Ged will release the spirits
11. To where does Ged find a ship to sail?
12. Why is Pechvarry so unhappy with his friend?
(a) He did not think the dragon was a threat
(b) He was going to kill the dragon himself
(c) He has not not given Pechvarry any attention since killing the dragon.
(d) Because he killed the dragon, but could not save his son
13. What does Ged acquire in Westhand
(a) A bigger boat
(c) A slave
(d) A coat
14. Where does Ged dock his boat next?
(a) Northern Hands
(b) Eastern Hands
(c) Southern Hands
(d) Western Hands
15. Where does Ged see the shadow resting when he enters the inlet?
(a) On the bow of the boat
(b) On the water's surface
(c) On his shoulder
(d) On the stern of his boat
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ged help the couple before he leaves?
2. On what island is the Court of Terrenor located?
3. How does Ged get food from villagers when he travels in search of the shadow?
4. What is Vetch's sister's name?
5. About whom does Ged constantly ask?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)