|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ged buy from a local man on Gont island?
(b) A sword
(c) Some food
(d) A small boat
2. In what direction do Ged and Vetch travel?
3. What is the woman's name?
4. What is Ged reluctant to do?
(a) Talk to villagers
(b) Look for the Shadow
(c) Change salt water into fresh water
(d) Go ashore
5. Why are the couple on the island?
(a) They became sick of the easy life.
(b) They were abandoned there during a coup.
(c) The love they feel for each other is frowned upon in their own country.
(d) They got shipwrecked.
6. Who does Ged say won the fight?
(a) The Shadow
(b) Ged did
(d) Neither of them
7. What does Ged do the next day after the villagers suggest he leaves?
(a) He goes for a walk
(b) He hides in the mountains
(c) He casts a spell over the village
(d) He leaves
8. Why can't Ged get to Roke?
(a) He can't find a ship that will take him
(b) There is a war taking place.
(c) He has been banished
(d) A violent storm forces the ship back
9. What does the shadow trick Ged into doing?
(a) Crashing into rocks.
(b) Losing all of his supplies
(c) Starting a storm.
(d) Getting lost
10. What does Ged see on the island?
(a) A shack
(b) A mansion
(c) Human bones
(d) A TV tower
11. What has Ged developed?
(a) Talons instead of hands
(b) A beak
(c) His wizard skills
(d) Hawk mannerisms
12. What is Vetch's sister's name?
13. Where does Ged see the shadow resting when he enters the inlet?
(a) On the stern of his boat
(b) On the bow of the boat
(c) On the water's surface
(d) On his shoulder
14. Where does Ged next see the Shadow?
(a) Sitting on the edge of a cliff
(b) In the sky
(c) In an inlet
(d) Reflected in the water
15. In what country are the couple heir to a throne?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one village tell him?
2. What does Ogion advise Ged to do?
3. Where does Vetch find Ged after he has fought the shadow?
4. Which port does the ship sail into on the way to Havnor?
5. Why does Ged want to go to Roke?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)