|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ged meet while out on his walk?
(a) Master Namer
2. Why does Ged want to go to Roke?
(a) He wants to see his friends
(b) He needs to get some spells
(c) It is the only place he feels safe
(d) He wants a job at the school
3. How does Ged repair his boat?
(a) With wood and a spell
(b) He phones Pechvarry
(c) The hide of a dead animal
4. How does Ged say he defeated the Shadow?
(a) He called to the gods for help
(b) He exposed it to fire.
(c) He cast a spell to send it back from where it came
(d) He said its name
5. Why does Ged have to stop chasing the shadow?
(a) Because of fog
(b) Ged has no energy left
(c) The shadow begins chasing him
(d) Because of a storm
6. What does one village tell him?
(a) That they know his real name
(b) That he is evil
(c) That they have seen him walking on water
(d) That he will soon die
7. What is the woman's name?
8. Which port does the ship sail into on the way to Havnor?
9. What does Ged find out about the shadow?
(a) It does not like to be touched
(b) Spells do not affect it
(c) It wants to take over Ged's soul
(d) It does not like to be chased
10. What does Ged become near the end of his life?
(a) A saint
(b) A master wizard
(c) King of all the worlds
(d) Archmage of all the worlds
11. How does Ged help the villagers?
(a) He provides them with cleaner water
(b) He provides them them with larger boats
(c) He helps them with their personal needs
(d) He provides them with healthier air
12. What does the shadow feel like when Ged grabs him?
(a) Like air
(d) Like water
13. What saves Ged from drowning?
(a) A hawk carries him to shore
(b) He finds a piece of driftwood
(c) A dolphin takes him to shore
(d) A wave carries him to shore
14. Who goads Ged about his skills as a wizard?
15. On what island is the Court of Terrenor located?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Ged get to Roke?
2. On whose arm does Ged land?
3. To what part of Iffish does Ged go?
4. Where does Ged dock his boat next?
5. Into what does Serrett turn herself?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)