|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ged meet while out on his walk?
(a) Master Namer
2. Where does the woman say Ged is?
(b) The spirit world
(c) The Court of Terrenor
3. Why does Ged have to stop chasing the shadow?
(a) Ged has no energy left
(b) Because of a storm
(c) Because of fog
(d) The shadow begins chasing him
4. How does Ged repair his boat?
(a) The hide of a dead animal
(b) With wood and a spell
(c) He phones Pechvarry
5. What tells Ged he is heading in the right direction?
(a) He can tell from his map
(b) The islanders keep telling him they've seen his double
(c) He is heading towards stormy weather
(d) He can sense the Shadow
6. What does Vetch insist on doing?
(a) Making Ged invincible
(b) Giving Ged food supplies
(c) Giving Ged his sword
(d) Helping Ged search for the shadow
7. What do Ged and Vetch head into after Atowell?
(b) A cave
(c) Unchartered waters
(d) A storm
8. What does the man ask Ged to paint on the boat?
(a) Two eyes
(b) A dolphin
(c) His name
(d) A mouth with shark like teeth
9. How does Ged say he defeated the Shadow?
(a) He said its name
(b) He exposed it to fire.
(c) He cast a spell to send it back from where it came
(d) He called to the gods for help
10. Where do Ged and Vetch travel to after the fight?
11. What has Ged lost?
(a) His spell book
(b) His staff
(c) His memory
12. On what island is the Orrimy?
13. What does Ogion advise Ged to do?
(a) Talk to the shadow
(b) Fight the shadow
(c) Go back to school
(d) Runaway from the shadow
14. About whom does Ged constantly ask?
(a) Master Namer
15. What feature does Skiorh lack?
(b) A mouth
(c) A nose
(d) A face
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ged wake up?
2. Why can't Ged get to Roke?
3. How does Ged reward the man for giving him the boat?
4. With whom does Vetch live?
5. How does Ged help the villagers?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)