|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Ged get to Roke?
(a) A violent storm forces the ship back
(b) He has been banished
(c) He can't find a ship that will take him
(d) There is a war taking place.
2. What tells Ged he is heading in the right direction?
(a) He can sense the Shadow
(b) He is heading towards stormy weather
(c) The islanders keep telling him they've seen his double
(d) He can tell from his map
3. To where does Ged find a ship to sail?
4. What is Yarrow desperate to know?
(a) Where Ged met her brother
(b) Why he is being followed by a shadow
(c) If Ged is single
5. How does the town react to Ged's victory over the dragons?
(a) They make the day a public holiday
(b) They have a banquet
(c) They make Ged a saint
(d) They write a song
6. What does Ged buy from a local man on Gont island?
(a) A sword
(b) Some food
(d) A small boat
7. Who do the ancient birds kill?
(d) Lord Benderesk
8. Who shows Ged the way to the court?
9. Who does Ged meet while out on his walk?
(d) Master Namer
10. Why does the old man startle Ged?
(a) He knows a lot about Ged
(b) He has a snake tongue
(c) He has no face
(d) He threatens Ged with a dagger
11. What does Ogion give to Ged?
(a) A sword
(b) A dagger
(c) His spell books
(d) A staff
12. What feature does Skiorh lack?
(b) A mouth
(c) A face
(d) A nose
13. What does Ged call his new boat?
14. What is the final island Ged and Vetch visit?
15. Where does Ged dock his boat next?
(a) Southern Hands
(b) Northern Hands
(c) Eastern Hands
(d) Western Hands
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ged and Vetch head into after Atowell?
2. On which island does Ged stop next?
3. With whom does Vetch live?
4. In what direction do Ged and Vetch travel?
5. How does Ged try to get past the storm?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)