|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ged reluctant to do?
(a) Look for the Shadow
(b) Go ashore
(c) Talk to villagers
(d) Change salt water into fresh water
2. What is Yarrow desperate to know?
(a) Where Ged met her brother
(c) Why he is being followed by a shadow
(d) If Ged is single
3. Where does Ged next see the Shadow?
(a) Reflected in the water
(b) In an inlet
(c) Sitting on the edge of a cliff
(d) In the sky
4. Why won't Ged's spells work?
(a) Because Pechvarry cursed him.
(b) Because the storm is one of Roke's safety spells
(c) He has forgotten an essential word.
(d) Because killing the dragon had drained all of Ged's power
5. Who does Ged meet while out on his walk?
(b) Master Namer
6. What is Vetch worried about when he finds Ged?
(a) That the Ged he has found is actually the shadow
(b) That Ged cannot talk
(c) That Ged is going to die
(d) That they do not know the way back home.
7. Why does the old man startle Ged?
(a) He knows a lot about Ged
(b) He has a snake tongue
(c) He has no face
(d) He threatens Ged with a dagger
8. Who does Ged say won the fight?
(a) The Shadow
(c) Neither of them
(d) Ged did
9. Why is Ged nervous about entering the inlet?
(a) The shadow might kill him
(b) It is dark
(c) The tight space
(d) He is hearing funny noises
10. What saves Ged from drowning?
(a) He finds a piece of driftwood
(b) A hawk carries him to shore
(c) A dolphin takes him to shore
(d) A wave carries him to shore
11. What is the woman's name?
12. Why are the couple on the island?
(a) They were abandoned there during a coup.
(b) The love they feel for each other is frowned upon in their own country.
(c) They became sick of the easy life.
(d) They got shipwrecked.
13. With whom does Vetch live?
(a) His sister
(b) His girlfriend
(c) His mother
(d) His wife
14. Where does Ged dock his boat next?
(a) Southern Hands
(b) Eastern Hands
(c) Northern Hands
(d) Western Hands
15. On whose arm does Ged land?
(a) Master Changer
(d) Lord Benderesk
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country are the couple heir to a throne?
2. How does Ged say he defeated the Shadow?
3. What does the paving stone at the base of the castle contain?
4. Why is Pechvarry so unhappy with his friend?
5. What does Ged turn himself into to fight the birds?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)