|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ged wake up?
(a) The wizard school
(b) A cold room in a tower
(c) Ogion's cabin
(d) On a beach
2. Why is Pechvarry so unhappy with his friend?
(a) He did not think the dragon was a threat
(b) He has not not given Pechvarry any attention since killing the dragon.
(c) He was going to kill the dragon himself
(d) Because he killed the dragon, but could not save his son
3. Why is Ged nervous about entering the inlet?
(a) It is dark
(b) The tight space
(c) He is hearing funny noises
(d) The shadow might kill him
4. Where does the old man say Ged can find out more about the Shadow?
(c) The wizard school on Osskil
(d) The Court of Terrenor
5. What has Ged developed?
(a) Talons instead of hands
(b) His wizard skills
(c) A beak
(d) Hawk mannerisms
6. What does the seller ask for in return for the boat?
(b) A new wife
(c) A spell
7. To where does Ged find a ship to sail?
8. What does the man ask Ged to paint on the boat?
(a) His name
(b) Two eyes
(c) A mouth with shark like teeth
(d) A dolphin
9. Where does Vetch find Ged after he has fought the shadow?
(a) On the beach
(b) Suspended from a tree
(c) In the ocean
(d) In a cave
10. What has Ged lost?
(b) His spell book
(c) His staff
(d) His memory
11. What is Ged reluctant to do?
(a) Look for the Shadow
(b) Go ashore
(c) Talk to villagers
(d) Change salt water into fresh water
12. What does the shadow trick Ged into doing?
(a) Losing all of his supplies
(b) Getting lost
(c) Starting a storm.
(d) Crashing into rocks.
13. Where do Ged and Vetch travel to after the fight?
14. Why does Ged have to stop chasing the shadow?
(a) Ged has no energy left
(b) The shadow begins chasing him
(c) Because of fog
(d) Because of a storm
15. Why can't Ged get to Roke?
(a) He has been banished
(b) He can't find a ship that will take him
(c) A violent storm forces the ship back
(d) There is a war taking place.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does Ged find sitting in the shack
2. Who does Ged meet while out on his walk?
3. For what reason do the villagers tell Ged to move on?
4. How does Ged say he defeated the Shadow?
5. Who does Ged say won the fight?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)