|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Pechvarry so unhappy with his friend?
(a) He has not not given Pechvarry any attention since killing the dragon.
(b) He did not think the dragon was a threat
(c) Because he killed the dragon, but could not save his son
(d) He was going to kill the dragon himself
2. What is the woman's name?
3. What does Vetch insist on doing?
(a) Giving Ged his sword
(b) Making Ged invincible
(c) Helping Ged search for the shadow
(d) Giving Ged food supplies
4. How does the town react to Ged's victory over the dragons?
(a) They write a song
(b) They make the day a public holiday
(c) They have a banquet
(d) They make Ged a saint
5. What does the man ask Ged to paint on the boat?
(a) A dolphin
(b) A mouth with shark like teeth
(c) Two eyes
(d) His name
6. What does Ged turn himself into to fight the birds?
(a) An owl
(b) A hawk
(c) An eagle
(d) A buzzard
7. What does Ged find out about the shadow?
(a) It does not like to be touched
(b) It wants to take over Ged's soul
(c) It does not like to be chased
(d) Spells do not affect it
8. Where does Ged dock his boat next?
(a) Northern Hands
(b) Eastern Hands
(c) Western Hands
(d) Southern Hands
9. For what reason do the villagers tell Ged to move on?
(a) He has a bad aura
(b) They do not want the shadow on their island
(c) They already have a wizard
(d) Wizard's are not welcome
10. On what island is the Court of Terrenor located?
11. How does Ged help the couple before he leaves?
(a) He provides them with chickens
(b) He gives them a herd of cows.
(c) He gives them a spell book
(d) He sweetens their well water
12. To what part of Iffish does Ged go?
13. Where does Ged wake up?
(a) On a beach
(b) Ogion's cabin
(c) The wizard school
(d) A cold room in a tower
14. How does Ged repair his boat?
(a) With wood and a spell
(b) He phones Pechvarry
(c) The hide of a dead animal
15. Towards what island does Ged sail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ged meet while out on his walk?
2. Why can't Ged get to Roke?
3. In what country are the couple heir to a throne?
4. What does Ged offer to be in order to get on board a ship to the Court of Terrenor?
5. Which port does the ship sail into on the way to Havnor?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)