|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ged turn himself into to fight the birds?
(a) A hawk
(b) A buzzard
(c) An owl
(d) An eagle
2. Where does the old man say Ged can find out more about the Shadow?
(a) The Court of Terrenor
(d) The wizard school on Osskil
3. Where does Ged see the shadow resting when he enters the inlet?
(a) On the stern of his boat
(b) On the water's surface
(c) On the bow of the boat
(d) On his shoulder
4. How does Ged reward the man for giving him the boat?
(a) Finds him a wife
(b) Gives him an endless supply of cigarettes
(c) Cures his cataract
(d) Cures his insanity
5. Why does the old man startle Ged?
(a) He has a snake tongue
(b) He has no face
(c) He knows a lot about Ged
(d) He threatens Ged with a dagger
6. What is Ogion doing when Ged lands on his arm?
(c) Collecting water
7. Why is Pechvarry so unhappy with his friend?
(a) He did not think the dragon was a threat
(b) He has not not given Pechvarry any attention since killing the dragon.
(c) Because he killed the dragon, but could not save his son
(d) He was going to kill the dragon himself
8. What tells Ged he is heading in the right direction?
(a) He can sense the Shadow
(b) The islanders keep telling him they've seen his double
(c) He is heading towards stormy weather
(d) He can tell from his map
9. To what part of Iffish does Ged go?
10. How does Ged say he defeated the Shadow?
(a) He exposed it to fire.
(b) He called to the gods for help
(c) He said its name
(d) He cast a spell to send it back from where it came
11. About whom does the woman tell Ged?
(b) Master Changer
(c) Lord Benderesk
12. What does the paving stone at the base of the castle contain?
(b) The bones of dead wizards
(c) Magic dust
(d) Ancient souls
13. What does Ged buy from a local man on Gont island?
(a) Some food
(b) A sword
(c) A small boat
14. What does Ged offer to be in order to get on board a ship to the Court of Terrenor?
(a) A jester
(b) An oarsman
(c) A cook
(d) A wizard
15. What is Yarrow desperate to know?
(b) If Ged is single
(c) Why he is being followed by a shadow
(d) Where Ged met her brother
Short Answer Questions
1. to where does Ged sail?
2. What does the seller ask for in return for the boat?
3. What does one village tell him?
4. What does Ged become near the end of his life?
5. Who do the ancient birds kill?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)