|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ged turn himself into to fight the birds?
(a) A hawk
(b) A buzzard
(c) An eagle
(d) An owl
2. Why are the couple on the island?
(a) They became sick of the easy life.
(b) They were abandoned there during a coup.
(c) They got shipwrecked.
(d) The love they feel for each other is frowned upon in their own country.
3. Where does Ged see the shadow resting when he enters the inlet?
(a) On the water's surface
(b) On the stern of his boat
(c) On his shoulder
(d) On the bow of the boat
4. What is Ged reluctant to do?
(a) Change salt water into fresh water
(b) Talk to villagers
(c) Go ashore
(d) Look for the Shadow
5. What tells Ged he is heading in the right direction?
(a) He can tell from his map
(b) He is heading towards stormy weather
(c) He can sense the Shadow
(d) The islanders keep telling him they've seen his double
6. What has Ged developed?
(a) His wizard skills
(b) Hawk mannerisms
(c) A beak
(d) Talons instead of hands
7. What has Ged lost?
(a) His staff
(b) His spell book
(d) His memory
8. What does Vetch insist on doing?
(a) Giving Ged food supplies
(b) Helping Ged search for the shadow
(c) Making Ged invincible
(d) Giving Ged his sword
9. What feature does Skiorh lack?
(b) A face
(c) A nose
(d) A mouth
10. How does the town react to Ged's victory over the dragons?
(a) They have a banquet
(b) They make Ged a saint
(c) They make the day a public holiday
(d) They write a song
11. What does Ged feel from the stone?
12. How does Ged help the couple before he leaves?
(a) He sweetens their well water
(b) He gives them a spell book
(c) He provides them with chickens
(d) He gives them a herd of cows.
13. Why does Ged have to stop chasing the shadow?
(a) Ged has no energy left
(b) The shadow begins chasing him
(c) Because of a storm
(d) Because of fog
14. What does Ogion give to Ged?
(a) His spell books
(b) A staff
(c) A dagger
(d) A sword
15. Why won't Ged's spells work?
(a) Because Pechvarry cursed him.
(b) Because the storm is one of Roke's safety spells
(c) He has forgotten an essential word.
(d) Because killing the dragon had drained all of Ged's power
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Skiorh vanish Ged's powers?
2. What was Ged's Shadow's name?
3. Into what does Serrett turn herself?
4. Which port does the ship sail into on the way to Havnor?
5. What does Yarrow feel about Ged's future?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)