|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ged run back home?
(a) The girl will turn him into a toad if he does not get back in 5 minutes.
(b) To find a spell to show the girl
(c) He is late for dinner
(d) To get away from the girl
2. With whom is Ged sent to study?
(b) Master Namer
3. What happens to Duny after he casts the spell?
(a) He is made into a saint
(b) He is killed
(c) He is arrested
(d) He falls into a coma
4. What does Ged tell the girl he can do?
(a) Talk to animals
(c) Make girls fall in love with him.
(d) Turn people into animals
5. With which of the boys does Ged become good friends?
6. Who arrives to cast away Ged's spell
(b) Master Namer
(c) Archmage Nemmerle
(d) Master Changer
7. Where on the island does the dragon live?
(b) St. Philips
(d) Pebble beach
8. What part of Gont is East Port?
(a) Ten Alders
(b) Eleven Elms
(c) Ten Elders
(d) Nine Alders
9. How does Ged kill the first dragon?
(a) He says his name
(b) He shoots him
(c) He drowns him at sea
(d) He chops off his head
10. From what island does Vetch come?
11. Why is Ged glad to be back at school?
(a) He has money to spend
(b) He is a happy to be back with his friends
(c) He can finally get some rest
(d) He wants to start school again
12. What is the name of the ship in which Ged travels to Roke?
(a) The Darkness
(b) The Black Stallion
(c) The Shady One
(d) The Shadow
13. What is special about the man from the mountains?
(a) He is a Gont Prince
(b) He is King of Gont
(c) He is the son of a God
(d) He is a great wizard
14. What kind of job does Pechvarry have?
(b) Rod maker
(d) Boat builder
15. What does the man from the mountains believe about Duny?
(a) That he will become the world's savior
(b) That he will become a great wizard
(c) That he will become King
(d) That he will become president
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ged immediately upon his return?
2. Why does Ogion say Ged has to learn the language?
3. Why does Ged decide to leave Torning?
4. What does Ged do when Pechvarry's son dies?
5. Who does Ged meet in a meadow?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)