|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the master of the wizard school?
(b) Archmage Nemmerle
2. Why does the dragon initially refuse to deal with Ged?
(a) It is against dragon law.
(b) Ged will kill him anyway
(c) Dragons don't make deals with humans
(d) Ged has already killed his children
3. What does Master Namer teach him?
(a) The etiquette of a wizard
(b) Ancient history
(c) Ancient spells
(d) Ancient names
4. Whose spirit does Ged raise?
(a) His mother
(b) The spirit of the dead
(c) His grandfather
(d) The spirit of an earthsea legend
5. Who manages to rouse Ged from his coma?
6. Why is Ged glad to be back at school?
(a) He is a happy to be back with his friends
(b) He has money to spend
(c) He can finally get some rest
(d) He wants to start school again
7. Which Master finally agrees to teach Ged the Higher Arts?
(a) Master Weaver
(b) Master Namer
(c) Master Changer
(d) Master Patterner
8. At what age does Duny have his naming ceremony?
9. Why does Ged repeat the dragon's name?
(a) It reduces the dragon's power
(b) It raises the dragon slayer's spirit
(c) He likes its sound
(d) It makes the dragon trust him
10. Why does Duny's Aunt try to weave a spell over him?
(a) To make him fall in love with her
(b) To make him disappear
(c) To keep him in her power.
(d) To cure his blindness
11. From what island does Vetch come?
12. Who arrives to cast away Ged's spell
(a) Master Namer
(b) Archmage Nemmerle
(d) Master Changer
13. What does Ged tell the girl he can do?
(b) Turn people into animals
(c) Talk to animals
(d) Make girls fall in love with him.
14. What does Ged ask the main dragon to do?
(a) To help the island rather than kill them
(b) Say a spell
(c) Make a deal with him
(d) Take him away from the island
15. What does Ged have to study?
(a) The Old Testament
(b) The Koran
(c) The Talmud
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ged kill the first dragon?
2. With whom do Jasper and Vetch now have to train?
3. To whom does Jasper introduce Ged?
4. What kind of job does Pechvarry have?
5. What kind of people occupy Torning?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)