|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character to do before leaving the next day?
2. Where does the couple first take a train to in Chapter 29?
3. How does the person who picks up the cat feel about caring for the cat?
4. What object does the Main Character discover in a book at the villa while he is waiting for the Rat to arrive?
5. During the naming discussion in Chapter 24, what object is mentioned as a thing that is not named?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is it the isolation or the passivity of humans that makes it easiest for the Sheep to control humans? Explain with numerous examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 28, the Caretaker tells the Main Character that is easy to care for 200 sheep because they are cooperative and want to be led. How does this statement work as a metaphor for the mediocrity of humanity in A Wild Sheep Chase? Write an analytical response using support from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you feel makes the greatest sacrifice in the novel? Analyze and support your answer with evidence from the book.
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)