|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend observe as they go further up the mountain road?
2. What best describes the Sheep Professor?
3. How do the Girlfriend and the Main Character feel about the Limo Driver?
4. Who starts speaking to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38?
5. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend eat after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Limo Driver feel about the cat?
2. Why is the Sheep able to control the Rat?
3. What is the importance of time to the characters in Chapter 24?
4. How does the Sheep Professor's information help the Main Character on his quest?
5. Was the Main Character a good choice for the Strange Man's sheep finding mission?
6. What factors contribute to the eerie feeling of the area near the villa in Junitaki?
7. Why is the Rat able to destroy the Sheep?
8. What indicates that the Main Character's journey to Junitaki may be a hazardous one?
9. Who is responsible for the Strange Man's death?
10. Describe the Dolphin Hotel.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which chapter names are the best and the worst in A Wild Sheep Chase? Support your answer with a discussion of the effect of the title as it relates to themes and literary styles that may include foreshadowing, symbolism, character growth, plot development or anything else you find important to the story.
Essay Topic 2
Which character do you feel makes the greatest sacrifice in the novel? Analyze and support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism in A Wild Sheep Chase sends many messages involving themes like alienation, authority, and transformation. Select three items of symbolism and for each:
1) Describe what theme or idea they symbolize.
2) Analyze the use of that object to send a message at that point in the novel.
3) Relate the object to the author's use of surrealism in the novel.
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)