|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discuss after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
2. Who arrives at the villa and tells the Main Character that he has behaved selfishly?
3. What does the Main Character do on the seventh day of the trip to help locate the Rat?
4. Who is the Sheep Professor?
5. What does the caretaker at the ranch tell the Main Character that he must do to the sheep on the day of his visit?
Essay Topic 1
Many instances of foreshadowing are used in A Wild Sheep Chase.
1) Select an instance of foreshadowing that is related to mysticism or power and explain its significance.
2) Select an instance of foreshadowing that is simply a literary technique and is unrelated to the power of a character or object. Explain its significance.
3) Which instance of foreshadowing is more effective? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What events in A Wild Sheep Chase are most important in changing the Main Character's perception of the importance of friendship and relationships? Refer to specific incidences and outcomes to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
The mystical quality of the novel is enhanced by the power of certain characters that drive the plot in specific directions.
1) Is the Main Character helped on his journey in A Wild Sheep Chase by divine guidance or is he merely a pawn of the Strange Man?
2) How would the story be different without the girlfriend?
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)