|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the person who picks up the cat amazed to discover?
2. What vehicle is sent to pick up the cat?
3. Who is the Sheep Professor?
4. What does the person who speaks to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38 tell him about the Rat?
5. Who else does the Sheep Professor say has been looking for the Sheep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do the Girlfriend's ears help the quest while staying at the Dolphin Hotel?
2. What indicates that the Main Character's journey to Junitaki may be a hazardous one?
3. Is the Cat or the Main Character more at home in the world? Please fully support your answer.
4. Why is the Rat able to destroy the Sheep?
5. Why does the Main Character feel that he is being used as a pawn?
6. Is the Limo Driver an intelligent man?
7. What explanation does the Sheep Man give for the Girlfriend's disappearance?
8. How is isolation and alienation of the characters apparent in Chapters 25 and 26?
9. How does the Limo Driver feel about the cat?
10. Explain how the Sheep Professor came to his current state of being.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is it the isolation or the passivity of humans that makes it easiest for the Sheep to control humans? Explain with numerous examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism in A Wild Sheep Chase sends many messages involving themes like alienation, authority, and transformation. Select three items of symbolism and for each:
1) Describe what theme or idea they symbolize.
2) Analyze the use of that object to send a message at that point in the novel.
3) Relate the object to the author's use of surrealism in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Select three characters from the novel, and explain how each plays a significant role in the awakening and character development of the Main Character.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)