|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the Sheep Professor?
2. On what basis do the Girlfriend and the Main Character select a hotel to stay in?
3. What does the Territorial Government name the area where the Sheep Professor's homestead is located?
4. What does the Main Character discover when he wakes up in Chapter 33?
5. What does the mirror reveal about the Sheep Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the Cat or the Main Character more at home in the world? Please fully support your answer.
2. How does the Sheep Professor's information help the Main Character on his quest?
3. Is the Limo Driver an intelligent man?
4. How are the sheep at the sheep farm similar to the people that the Sheep is trying to control?
5. Who is responsible for the Strange Man's death?
6. What factors contribute to the eerie feeling of the area near the villa in Junitaki?
7. What explanation does the Sheep Man give for the Girlfriend's disappearance?
8. What indicates that the Main Character's journey to Junitaki may be a hazardous one?
9. Aside from her powerful ears, is the Girlfriend a help or a hindrance to the Main Character?
10. Was the Main Character a good choice for the Strange Man's sheep finding mission?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The mystical quality of the novel is enhanced by the power of certain characters that drive the plot in specific directions.
1) Is the Main Character helped on his journey in A Wild Sheep Chase by divine guidance or is he merely a pawn of the Strange Man?
2) How would the story be different without the girlfriend?
Essay Topic 2
What events in A Wild Sheep Chase are most important in changing the Main Character's perception of the importance of friendship and relationships? Refer to specific incidences and outcomes to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Which chapter names are the best and the worst in A Wild Sheep Chase? Support your answer with a discussion of the effect of the title as it relates to themes and literary styles that may include foreshadowing, symbolism, character growth, plot development or anything else you find important to the story.
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)