|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the couple first take a train to in Chapter 29?
2. Who do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discover is waiting when they arrive at the villa on the mountain?
3. What does the Territorial Government name the area where the Sheep Professor's homestead is located?
4. Where does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character that the Rat is located?
5. How many head of sheep does the livestock inspector say are in the town of Junitaki?
Short Essay Questions
1. What explanation does the Sheep Man give for the Girlfriend's disappearance?
2. Explain how the Sheep Professor came to his current state of being.
3. How are the sheep at the sheep farm similar to the people that the Sheep is trying to control?
4. How does the Main Character react to the Girlfriend's sudden disappearance?
5. How does the Limo Driver feel about the cat?
6. How does the Sheep Professor's information help the Main Character on his quest?
7. Was the Main Character a good choice for the Strange Man's sheep finding mission?
8. Is the Sheep Man a part of the physical or the spiritual world?
9. Why does the Main Character feel that he is being used as a pawn?
10. Do the Girlfriend's ears help the quest while staying at the Dolphin Hotel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in A Wild Sheep Chase l flounder looking for a sense of direction and purpose while others are strongly motivated and driven by a passionate purpose.
1) How does having a sense of purpose affect a character's life experience in this novel?
2) Compare and contrast two example in which having a sense of purpose are positive and negative events for specific characters in the book.
3) Analyze how a sense of purpose relates to happiness for the characters in this story.
Essay Topic 2
Select three characters from the novel, and explain how each plays a significant role in the awakening and character development of the Main Character.
Essay Topic 3
A Wild Sheep Chase sends a message about mediocrity and authority. Explain the connection between the two themes and the characters in the novel. Describe which characters represent mediocrity, rising above it and authority and its use or abuse. Analyze the message the author is trying to send.
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)