Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of station do the Main Character and the Girlfriend go to in Chapter 24?
2. How many head of sheep does the livestock inspector say are in the town of Junitaki?
3. Who starts speaking to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38?
4. Whom does the Main Character discover at the unlucky bend in the road?
5. Why does the caretaker admit that he will not take the Main Character and the Girlfriend any further up the mountain road?
Many characters in A Wild Sheep Chase l flounder looking for a sense of direction and purpose while others are strongly motivated and driven by a passionate purpose.
1) How does having a sense of purpose affect a character's life experience in this novel?
2) Compare and contrast two example in which having a sense of purpose are positive and negative events for specific characters in the book.
3) Analyze how a sense of purpose relates to happiness for the characters in this story.
The Main Character goes through an awakening during the course of A Wild Sheep Chase. Analyze this awakening with specific events from the story. Consider symbolism, setting and relationships used to further the character development.
Many instances of foreshadowing are used in A Wild Sheep Chase.
1) Select an instance of foreshadowing that is related to mysticism or power and explain its significance.
2) Select an instance of foreshadowing that is simply a literary technique and is unrelated to the power of a character or object. Explain its significance.
3) Which instance of foreshadowing is more effective? Why?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)