|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who agrees to pick up the Main Character and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31 warn him?
2. How many head of sheep does the livestock inspector say are in the town of Junitaki?
3. Who else does the Sheep Professor say has been looking for the Sheep?
4. Where did the Sheep Professor once work?
5. Where do the Girlfriend and the Main Character first go to plan their strategy after exiting their flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was the Main Character a good choice for the Strange Man's sheep finding mission?
2. Who is responsible for the Strange Man's death?
3. How does the Sheep Professor's information help the Main Character on his quest?
4. What indicates that the Main Character's journey to Junitaki may be a hazardous one?
5. How are the sheep at the sheep farm similar to the people that the Sheep is trying to control?
6. Why is the Sheep able to control the Rat?
7. Why does the Main Character feel that he is being used as a pawn?
8. Explain the caretaker's feelings about escorting the Main Character and the Girlfriend up that mountain.
9. How does the Main Character react to the Girlfriend's sudden disappearance?
10. Why is the Rat able to destroy the Sheep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is it the isolation or the passivity of humans that makes it easiest for the Sheep to control humans? Explain with numerous examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
The labels used instead of names send strong messages about the characters in A Wild Sheep Chase. Select three characters and analyze the message sent by the label given by the author. Explain how the story would be different if names were used.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 28, the Caretaker tells the Main Character that is easy to care for 200 sheep because they are cooperative and want to be led. How does this statement work as a metaphor for the mediocrity of humanity in A Wild Sheep Chase? Write an analytical response using support from the novel.
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)