|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Sheep Professor?
2. Who does the caretaker say is living in the home on the sheep ranch that the Main Character visits in Chapter 30?
3. What vehicle is sent to pick up the cat?
4. What does the Main Character discover when he wakes up in Chapter 33?
5. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend eat after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
Essay Topic 1
Is the Main Character a strong person? Support your answer with specifics from A Wild Sheep Chase.
Essay Topic 2
The Main Character goes through an awakening during the course of A Wild Sheep Chase. Analyze this awakening with specific events from the story. Consider symbolism, setting and relationships used to further the character development.
Essay Topic 3
Many instances of foreshadowing are used in A Wild Sheep Chase.
1) Select an instance of foreshadowing that is related to mysticism or power and explain its significance.
2) Select an instance of foreshadowing that is simply a literary technique and is unrelated to the power of a character or object. Explain its significance.
3) Which instance of foreshadowing is more effective? Why?
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)