|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Main Character discover when he wakes up in Chapter 33?
2. Who says that names are given to things with purpose that are familiar and not mass produced?
3. Where did the Sheep Professor once work?
4. What does the mirror reveal about the Sheep Man?
5. In what condition is the Main Character at the beginning of Chapter 41?
Short Essay Questions
1. What indicates that the Main Character's journey to Junitaki may be a hazardous one?
2. Why is the Rat able to destroy the Sheep?
3. Explain the caretaker's feelings about escorting the Main Character and the Girlfriend up that mountain.
4. Is the Limo Driver an intelligent man?
5. Why does the Main Character feel that he is being used as a pawn?
6. How are the sheep at the sheep farm similar to the people that the Sheep is trying to control?
7. Describe the Dolphin Hotel.
8. What explanation does the Sheep Man give for the Girlfriend's disappearance?
9. Is the Cat or the Main Character more at home in the world? Please fully support your answer.
10. Was the Main Character a good choice for the Strange Man's sheep finding mission?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Main Character goes through an awakening during the course of A Wild Sheep Chase. Analyze this awakening with specific events from the story. Consider symbolism, setting and relationships used to further the character development.
Essay Topic 2
The labels used instead of names send strong messages about the characters in A Wild Sheep Chase. Select three characters and analyze the message sent by the label given by the author. Explain how the story would be different if names were used.
Essay Topic 3
The mystical quality of the novel is enhanced by the power of certain characters that drive the plot in specific directions.
1) Is the Main Character helped on his journey in A Wild Sheep Chase by divine guidance or is he merely a pawn of the Strange Man?
2) How would the story be different without the girlfriend?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)