Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Sheep Professor?
2. Who does the caretaker say is living in the home on the sheep ranch that the Main Character visits in Chapter 30?
3. What vehicle is sent to pick up the cat?
4. What does the Main Character discover when he wakes up in Chapter 33?
5. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend eat after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
Essay Topic 1
Symbolism in A Wild Sheep Chase sends many messages involving themes like alienation, authority, and transformation. Select three items of symbolism and for each:
1) Describe what theme or idea they symbolize.
2) Analyze the use of that object to send a message at that point in the novel.
3) Relate the object to the author's use of surrealism in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Haruki Murakami makes specific choices about what information to include about each character in A Wild Sheep Chase.
1) Imagine that the characters of J, the Business Partner, or the Girl Who'd Sleep with Anyone were not included in the story and explain the impact this would have on the story.
2) What additional information about any single character would have significantly changed the novel? Explain.
3) Is the ex-wife, the Business Partner or the Limo Driver most important to the novel's message? Explain with support from the book.
Essay Topic 3
A Wild Sheep Chase uses animal to make specific comments on humanity.
1) Define the author's apparent opinion on humans and animals.
2) Use the animals in the novel to explain the author's views on authority.
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)