|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fantasy does the man have as he is cooking dinner in Chapter 35?
2. Where do the Girlfriend and the Main Character first go to plan their strategy after exiting their flight?
3. What does the Main Character discover when he wakes up in Chapter 33?
4. What is the person who picks up the cat amazed to discover?
5. How many head of sheep does the livestock inspector say are in the town of Junitaki?
Short Essay Questions
1. What factors contribute to the eerie feeling of the area near the villa in Junitaki?
2. What explanation does the Sheep Man give for the Girlfriend's disappearance?
3. Do the Girlfriend's ears help the quest while staying at the Dolphin Hotel?
4. How are the sheep at the sheep farm similar to the people that the Sheep is trying to control?
5. Describe the Dolphin Hotel.
6. Who is responsible for the Strange Man's death?
7. How does the Limo Driver feel about the cat?
8. How does the Main Character react to the Girlfriend's sudden disappearance?
9. Why is the Sheep able to control the Rat?
10. Aside from her powerful ears, is the Girlfriend a help or a hindrance to the Main Character?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A Wild Sheep Chase uses animal to make specific comments on humanity.
1) Define the author's apparent opinion on humans and animals.
2) Use the animals in the novel to explain the author's views on authority.
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in A Wild Sheep Chase l flounder looking for a sense of direction and purpose while others are strongly motivated and driven by a passionate purpose.
1) How does having a sense of purpose affect a character's life experience in this novel?
2) Compare and contrast two example in which having a sense of purpose are positive and negative events for specific characters in the book.
3) Analyze how a sense of purpose relates to happiness for the characters in this story.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 28, the Caretaker tells the Main Character that is easy to care for 200 sheep because they are cooperative and want to be led. How does this statement work as a metaphor for the mediocrity of humanity in A Wild Sheep Chase? Write an analytical response using support from the novel.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)