|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discuss after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
2. What strategy do the Girlfriend and the Main Character come up with for hunting the sheep?
3. What does the person who agrees to pick up the Main Character and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31 warn him?
4. In what condition is the Main Character at the beginning of Chapter 41?
5. How do the Girlfriend and the Main Character feel about the Limo Driver?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The surreal quality of A Wild Sheep Chase is at times enhanced and at times contradicted by the use of setting in the novel. Select two settings that play an important role to the creation of the surreal feeling of the story. Compare and contrast them.
Essay Topic 2
The labels used instead of names send strong messages about the characters in A Wild Sheep Chase. Select three characters and analyze the message sent by the label given by the author. Explain how the story would be different if names were used.
Essay Topic 3
Is the Main Character a strong person? Support your answer with specifics from A Wild Sheep Chase.
This section contains 1,275 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)