|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose phone number does the Limo Driver say he has?
2. What music does the Main Character recall hearing during his time with the person who dies were together?
3. What is true of the Limo Driver?
4. What is true of the Main Character when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
5. Whom does the Limo Driver tell the Main Character gave him the important phone number?
Short Essay Questions
1. How important is the cat to the Main Character?
2. Describe the Main Character's dream the first time he rides in the Boss's limo.
3. How does the Main Character feel about the death of his former lover?
4. Describe the Strange Man.
5. Why do the Main Character and the Business Partner disagree on the direction of their business?
6. What is the cause of the friction between the Strange Man and the Main Character?
7. Does the Main Character respect the former lover who dies in Chapter 1?
8. Describe the Limo Driver.
9. What evidence is there in Chapter 2 that the Main Character and his ex-wife still care for each other?
10. What is the significance of the Rat's second letter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Imagine that A Wild Sheep Chase is told from a strictly historical perspective rather that with the surreal quality. In other words, that science is used to explain any mystical events in the novel. How would this impact the message of the story, the growth of the characters and the experience of the readers? Do you feel this could be effectively accomplished?
Essay Topic 2
Select three characters from the novel, and explain how each plays a significant role in the awakening and character development of the Main Character.
Essay Topic 3
What events in A Wild Sheep Chase are most important in changing the Main Character's perception of the importance of friendship and relationships? Refer to specific incidences and outcomes to support your response.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)