|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Rat's second letter tell the Main Character is his final destination?
2. What losses do the Strange Man and the Main Character discuss in Chapter 17?
3. What does the unexpected visitor leave behind in Chapter 3?
4. What does the Main Character drink in Chapter 9?
5. What prediction does the Girlfriend make in Chapter 6 that comes true?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of the Whale's Penis?
2. What do the woman's beautiful ears indicate about her?
3. How is isolation and alienation of the characters apparent in Chapters 25 and 26?
4. What is the importance of the slip in Chapter 3?
5. What is the cause of the friction between the Strange Man and the Main Character?
6. Explain how the Sheep Professor came to his current state of being.
7. What action best shows the Main Character's personal growth throughout the novel?
8. Does anyone escape his or her association with the Sheep unscathed?
9. What explanation does the Sheep Man give for the Girlfriend's disappearance?
10. How important is the cat to the Main Character?
Essay Topic 1
Is the Main Character a strong person? Support your answer with specifics from A Wild Sheep Chase.
Essay Topic 2
The labels used instead of names send strong messages about the characters in A Wild Sheep Chase. Select three characters and analyze the message sent by the label given by the author. Explain how the story would be different if names were used.
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you feel makes the greatest sacrifice in the novel? Analyze and support your answer with evidence from the book.
This section contains 1,850 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)