|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Sixteen Steps that title Chapter 2 actually lead?
2. What does the Main Character drink in Chapter 9?
3. Whom does the Rat ask the Main Character to visit for him?
4. Where are they when the Girlfriend first shows the Main Character her ears?
5. What does the person who is at the Main Character's apartment in Chapter 2 tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does the Main Character trust his new girlfriend?
2. Describe the Main Character's efforts to connect with others in Chapters 19 through 21.
3. What is revealed about the Main Character through his conversations with J and the Rat's female friend?
4. What is the meaning of the chapter title "Wednesday Afternoon Picnic?"
5. How does the Strange Man convince the Business Partner to meet his demands?
6. Describe the Main Character's dream the first time he rides in the Boss's limo.
7. Why is the sex between the Main Character and the woman with the beautiful ears important?
8. What evidence is there in Chapter 2 that the Main Character and his ex-wife still care for each other?
9. How does the Boss come to gain his power?
10. Why do the Main Character and the Business Partner disagree on the direction of their business?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A Wild Sheep Chase uses animal to make specific comments on humanity.
1) Define the author's apparent opinion on humans and animals.
2) Use the animals in the novel to explain the author's views on authority.
Essay Topic 2
A Wild Sheep Chase sends a message about mediocrity and authority. Explain the connection between the two themes and the characters in the novel. Describe which characters represent mediocrity, rising above it and authority and its use or abuse. Analyze the message the author is trying to send.
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in A Wild Sheep Chase l flounder looking for a sense of direction and purpose while others are strongly motivated and driven by a passionate purpose.
1) How does having a sense of purpose affect a character's life experience in this novel?
2) Compare and contrast two example in which having a sense of purpose are positive and negative events for specific characters in the book.
3) Analyze how a sense of purpose relates to happiness for the characters in this story.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)