Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Business Partner believe about the business?
2. What does the Main Character find in the back of the limo that the Strange Man sends to pick him up and bring him to the Boss?
3. What is the name of the person who dies in Chapter 1?
4. What does the Main Character give to the person he meets per the Rat's request?
5. What do the Main Character and his guest do together in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Limo Driver feel about the cat?
2. Describe the Dolphin Hotel.
3. Why are sheep important in Japan's history?
4. Why do the Main Character and the Business Partner disagree on the direction of their business?
5. Describe the Main Character's dream the first time he rides in the Boss's limo.
6. Describe the Limo Driver.
7. How does the Main Character feel about the death of his former lover?
8. What is the importance of the slip in Chapter 3?
9. How does the Main Character react to his return to his hometown?
10. How are the sheep at the sheep farm similar to the people that the Sheep is trying to control?
Essay Topic 1
A Wild Sheep Chase uses animal to make specific comments on humanity.
1) Define the author's apparent opinion on humans and animals.
2) Use the animals in the novel to explain the author's views on authority.
Essay Topic 2
The surreal quality of A Wild Sheep Chase is at times enhanced and at times contradicted by the use of setting in the novel. Select two settings that play an important role to the creation of the surreal feeling of the story. Compare and contrast them.
Essay Topic 3
Select three characters from the novel, and explain how each plays a significant role in the awakening and character development of the Main Character.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)