Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Business Partner believe about the business?
2. What does the Main Character find in the back of the limo that the Strange Man sends to pick him up and bring him to the Boss?
3. What is the name of the person who dies in Chapter 1?
4. What does the Main Character give to the person he meets per the Rat's request?
5. What do the Main Character and his guest do together in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Limo Driver feel about the cat?
2. Describe the Dolphin Hotel.
3. Why are sheep important in Japan's history?
4. Why do the Main Character and the Business Partner disagree on the direction of their business?
5. Describe the Main Character's dream the first time he rides in the Boss's limo.
6. Describe the Limo Driver.
7. How does the Main Character feel about the death of his former lover?
8. What is the importance of the slip in Chapter 3?
9. How does the Main Character react to his return to his hometown?
10. How are the sheep at the sheep farm similar to the people that the Sheep is trying to control?
The mystical quality of the novel is enhanced by the power of certain characters that drive the plot in specific directions.
1) Is the Main Character helped on his journey in A Wild Sheep Chase by divine guidance or is he merely a pawn of the Strange Man?
2) How would the story be different without the girlfriend?
Imagine that A Wild Sheep Chase is told from a strictly historical perspective rather that with the surreal quality. In other words, that science is used to explain any mystical events in the novel. How would this impact the message of the story, the growth of the characters and the experience of the readers? Do you feel this could be effectively accomplished?
Symbolism in A Wild Sheep Chase sends many messages involving themes like alienation, authority, and transformation. Select three items of symbolism and for each:
1) Describe what theme or idea they symbolize.
2) Analyze the use of that object to send a message at that point in the novel.
3) Relate the object to the author's use of surrealism in the novel.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)