|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Main Character see when he uses the magnifying glass?
2. What does the Main Character realize about his photos at the end of Chapter 3?
3. What does the Main Character inadvertently steal from the Limo?
4. How is the Strange Man dressed?
5. Whom does the Rat ask the Main Character to visit for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the way the Main Character responds to the death of his former lover in Chapter 1 reveal about him?
2. Does the Main Character trust his new girlfriend?
3. Does the Main Character care about the future of the Business Partner?
4. How does the Boss come to gain his power?
5. Describe the Strange Man.
6. Describe the Limo Driver.
7. How does the Main Character feel about the death of his former lover?
8. How does the Main Character react to his return to his hometown?
9. Describe the Business Partner.
10. Does the Main Character want to go on the mission for the sheep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both the Rat and the Main Character are weak men who undergo transformations during the story.
1) By the end of A Wild Sheep Chase, do you consider the Main Character or the Rat to be the better person?
2) Which character undergoes the greater transformation?
3) If the Rat had come out of this situation alive, what do you think his relationship to the Main Character would be like?
Essay Topic 2
The Will, the Gain, and the empire define the existence of the Sheep in A Wild Sheep Chase.
1) Explain how the Will, the Gain, and the empire come into existence in the novel.
2) Explain what situations could have existed or occurred that would have prevented these things from occurring.
3) Analyze how the Will, the Gain, and the empire in the novel relate to the world you live in.
Essay Topic 3
Imagine that A Wild Sheep Chase is told from a strictly historical perspective rather that with the surreal quality. In other words, that science is used to explain any mystical events in the novel. How would this impact the message of the story, the growth of the characters and the experience of the readers? Do you feel this could be effectively accomplished?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)