|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Strange Man Call the Main Character after his return from the Boss's home?
2. Who does the Strange Man say predicted that the death of the Boss due to his brain cyst would occur years ago?
3. What does the Strange Man believe is really the Boss's problem?
4. What does the Main Character say has happened to his business partner over the past several years?
5. What does the Main Character tell the Strange Man that he must do in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of the slip in Chapter 3?
2. How does the Strange Man convince the Business Partner to meet his demands?
3. Is the Girlfriend a passive person?
4. Describe the Limo Driver.
5. Does the Main Character trust his new girlfriend?
6. Why are sheep important in Japan's history?
7. Describe the Business Partner.
8. Describe the Rat's relationship to the Main Character.
9. Why do the Main Character and the Business Partner disagree on the direction of their business?
10. Why does the ex-wife not want the Main Character to deliver her belongings to her new home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Main Character goes through an awakening during the course of A Wild Sheep Chase. Analyze this awakening with specific events from the story. Consider symbolism, setting and relationships used to further the character development.
Essay Topic 2
A Wild Sheep Chase uses animal to make specific comments on humanity.
1) Define the author's apparent opinion on humans and animals.
2) Use the animals in the novel to explain the author's views on authority.
Essay Topic 3
Which character do you feel makes the greatest sacrifice in the novel? Analyze and support your answer with evidence from the book.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)