|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Strange Man say predicted that the death of the Boss due to his brain cyst would occur years ago?
2. What losses do the Strange Man and the Main Character discuss in Chapter 17?
3. What does the Strange Man tell the Business Partner to do with the object he gives him?
4. What symptoms does the Boss exhibit of the brain cyst and the required medications?
5. How old is the Girlfriend as noted in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Main Character and the Business Partner disagree on the direction of their business?
2. What evidence is there in Chapter 2 that the Main Character and his ex-wife still care for each other?
3. Why is the sex between the Main Character and the woman with the beautiful ears important?
4. Is the Main Character a proactive or a reactive person?
5. Does the Main Character care about the future of the Business Partner?
6. Why does the ex-wife not want the Main Character to deliver her belongings to her new home?
7. Describe the location of the Boss's home.
8. What is the importance of the Whale's Penis?
9. What is the meaning of the chapter title "Wednesday Afternoon Picnic?"
10. What is the cause of the friction between the Strange Man and the Main Character?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 28, the Caretaker tells the Main Character that is easy to care for 200 sheep because they are cooperative and want to be led. How does this statement work as a metaphor for the mediocrity of humanity in A Wild Sheep Chase? Write an analytical response using support from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Select three characters from the novel, and explain how each plays a significant role in the awakening and character development of the Main Character.
Essay Topic 3
Which chapter names are the best and the worst in A Wild Sheep Chase? Support your answer with a discussion of the effect of the title as it relates to themes and literary styles that may include foreshadowing, symbolism, character growth, plot development or anything else you find important to the story.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)