|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Main Character drink in Chapter 9?
2. Where does the Rat's second letter tell the Main Character is his final destination?
3. Who arrives at the Main Character's apartment after he makes his purchase in Chapter 22?
4. Where does the bar owner suggest that the Main Character stay while he is in town?
5. What do the Main Character and his guest do together in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Main Character react to his return to his hometown?
2. Why do the Main Character and the Business Partner disagree on the direction of their business?
3. What is the importance of the slip in Chapter 3?
4. Describe the Business Partner.
5. Describe the location of the Boss's home.
6. Does the Main Character flaunt the authority of the Strange Man?
7. Describe the mystery surrounding the Boss's illness.
8. What do the woman's beautiful ears indicate about her?
9. Does the Main Character care about the future of the Business Partner?
10. How important is the cat to the Main Character?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Main Character goes through an awakening during the course of A Wild Sheep Chase. Analyze this awakening with specific events from the story. Consider symbolism, setting and relationships used to further the character development.
Essay Topic 2
A Wild Sheep Chase uses animal to make specific comments on humanity.
1) Define the author's apparent opinion on humans and animals.
2) Use the animals in the novel to explain the author's views on authority.
Essay Topic 3
The labels used instead of names send strong messages about the characters in A Wild Sheep Chase. Select three characters and analyze the message sent by the label given by the author. Explain how the story would be different if names were used.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)