|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is referred to as the Boss?
2. What time is the Main Character told that the Boss would send a car for him?
3. What time does the Strange Man arrive at the office?
4. What symptoms does the Boss exhibit of the brain cyst and the required medications?
5. Whom does the Main Character live with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How important is the cat to the Main Character?
2. How does the Main Character feel about the death of his former lover?
3. Is the Cat or the Main Character more at home in the world? Please fully support your answer.
4. What is the importance of the Whale's Penis?
5. Describe the Business Partner.
6. Describe the Strange Man.
7. How are the sheep at the sheep farm similar to the people that the Sheep is trying to control?
8. Is the Sheep Man a part of the physical or the spiritual world?
9. Why is the sex between the Main Character and the woman with the beautiful ears important?
10. Does anyone escape his or her association with the Sheep unscathed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The labels used instead of names send strong messages about the characters in A Wild Sheep Chase. Select three characters and analyze the message sent by the label given by the author. Explain how the story would be different if names were used.
Essay Topic 2
A Wild Sheep Chase uses animal to make specific comments on humanity.
1) Define the author's apparent opinion on humans and animals.
2) Use the animals in the novel to explain the author's views on authority.
Essay Topic 3
Which chapter names are the best and the worst in A Wild Sheep Chase? Support your answer with a discussion of the effect of the title as it relates to themes and literary styles that may include foreshadowing, symbolism, character growth, plot development or anything else you find important to the story.
This section contains 1,777 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)