|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the Girlfriend's feelings about her ears?
2. How does the Main Character first learn of the death in Chapter 1?
3. How does the Strange Man respond to the Main Character's attempts at small talk during their phone call in Chapter 22?
4. What does the Rat apologize for in his first letter to the Main Character?
5. What time does the Strange Man arrive at the office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of the Whale's Penis?
2. Does the Main Character flaunt the authority of the Strange Man?
3. What is the meaning of the chapter title "Wednesday Afternoon Picnic?"
4. Describe the Rat's relationship to the Main Character.
5. How does the Main Character react to his return to his hometown?
6. What is the significance of the Rat's second letter?
7. What does the way the Main Character responds to the death of his former lover in Chapter 1 reveal about him?
8. Describe the Main Character's dream the first time he rides in the Boss's limo.
9. Describe the Limo Driver.
10. Does the Main Character respect the former lover who dies in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in A Wild Sheep Chase l flounder looking for a sense of direction and purpose while others are strongly motivated and driven by a passionate purpose.
1) How does having a sense of purpose affect a character's life experience in this novel?
2) Compare and contrast two example in which having a sense of purpose are positive and negative events for specific characters in the book.
3) Analyze how a sense of purpose relates to happiness for the characters in this story.
Essay Topic 2
The Main Character goes through an awakening during the course of A Wild Sheep Chase. Analyze this awakening with specific events from the story. Consider symbolism, setting and relationships used to further the character development.
Essay Topic 3
What events in A Wild Sheep Chase are most important in changing the Main Character's perception of the importance of friendship and relationships? Refer to specific incidences and outcomes to support your response.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)