|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three occupations of the Girlfriend?
2. Who does the Strange Man say drew the image he shows to the Main Character in Chapter 18?
3. What does the Strange Man tell the Main Character about the object seen through the magnifying glass?
4. What does the unexpected visitor leave behind in Chapter 3?
5. Where does the bar owner suggest that the Main Character stay while he is in town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Main Character react to his return to his hometown?
2. Describe the Rat's relationship to the Main Character.
3. What evidence is there in Chapter 2 that the Main Character and his ex-wife still care for each other?
4. Does the Main Character respect the former lover who dies in Chapter 1?
5. Describe the Main Character's dream the first time he rides in the Boss's limo.
6. Describe the Main Character's efforts to connect with others in Chapters 19 through 21.
7. How important is the cat to the Main Character?
8. What is the cause of the friction between the Strange Man and the Main Character?
9. Why do the Main Character and the Business Partner disagree on the direction of their business?
10. Describe the Business Partner.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The labels used instead of names send strong messages about the characters in A Wild Sheep Chase. Select three characters and analyze the message sent by the label given by the author. Explain how the story would be different if names were used.
Essay Topic 2
Which chapter names are the best and the worst in A Wild Sheep Chase? Support your answer with a discussion of the effect of the title as it relates to themes and literary styles that may include foreshadowing, symbolism, character growth, plot development or anything else you find important to the story.
Essay Topic 3
Is it the isolation or the passivity of humans that makes it easiest for the Sheep to control humans? Explain with numerous examples from the novel.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)