|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Main Character doing on the tenth day of his visit when the Sheep Man returns to the villa?
(a) Scrubbing the floor.
(c) Playing the guitar.
(d) Reading a book.
2. Who is buried in the garage?
(a) The Rat.
(b) The Sheep Man.
(c) The Girlfriend.
(d) The Sheep.
3. How do the Girlfriend and the Main Character feel about the Limo Driver?
(a) They dislike him.
(b) They think he is hiding something.
(c) They are ambivalent towards him.
(d) They like him.
4. Whose death is revealed by the person the Main Character discovers at the unlucky bend in the road?
(a) The Sheep Professor's.
(b) The Girlfriend's.
(c) The Business Partner's.
(d) The Boss's.
5. Who says that names are given to things with purpose that are familiar and not mass produced?
(a) The person who picks up the cat.
(b) The Girlfriend.
(c) The station attendant.
(d) The Main Character.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the naming discussion in Chapter 24, what object is mentioned as a thing that is not named?
2. How do the Main Character and the Girlfriend get to the station after the cat is picked up?
3. Where did the Sheep Professor once work?
4. What does the Main Character do just before leaving the villa for the last time?
5. What does the mirror reveal about the Sheep Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Sheep Professor's information help the Main Character on his quest?
2. Do the Girlfriend's ears help the quest while staying at the Dolphin Hotel?
3. Aside from her powerful ears, is the Girlfriend a help or a hindrance to the Main Character?
4. How does the Main Character react to the Girlfriend's sudden disappearance?
5. How is isolation and alienation of the characters apparent in Chapters 25 and 26?
6. What indicates that the Main Character's journey to Junitaki may be a hazardous one?
7. What factors contribute to the eerie feeling of the area near the villa in Junitaki?
8. Is the Limo Driver an intelligent man?
9. Who is responsible for the Strange Man's death?
10. Why is the Rat able to destroy the Sheep?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)