|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Girlfriend and the Main Character feel about the Limo Driver?
(a) They like him.
(b) They dislike him.
(c) They think he is hiding something.
(d) They are ambivalent towards him.
2. What does the caretaker at the ranch tell the Main Character that he must do to the sheep on the day of his visit?
(a) Disinfect them.
(b) Shear them.
(c) Brand them.
(d) Read to them.
3. What does the Main Character discover at the unlucky bend in the road?
(a) The road is impassable.
(b) A brand new jeep.
(c) The road is now paved.
(d) An old red truck.
4. Whom does the Main Character get to agree to pickup himself and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31?
(a) The caretaker's son.
(b) The livestock inspector.
(c) The caretaker.
(d) A mountain guide.
5. What does the Main Character do just before leaving the villa for the last time?
(a) Connects the grandfather clock.
(b) Collects sheep wool.
(c) Writes a letter to the Girlfriend.
(d) Takes some books from the shelves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is buried in the garage?
2. Who does the caretaker say is living in the home on the sheep ranch that the Main Character visits in Chapter 30?
3. On what basis do the Girlfriend and the Main Character select a hotel to stay in?
4. Who does the Main Character discover is originally from Hokkaido?
5. Who admits, after revealing the Rat's situation, to having sent the Girlfriend away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do the Girlfriend's ears help the quest while staying at the Dolphin Hotel?
2. Describe the Dolphin Hotel.
3. How does the Limo Driver feel about the cat?
4. What indicates that the Main Character's journey to Junitaki may be a hazardous one?
5. Why is the Rat able to destroy the Sheep?
6. How does the Main Character react to the Girlfriend's sudden disappearance?
7. How is isolation and alienation of the characters apparent in Chapters 25 and 26?
8. Who is responsible for the Strange Man's death?
9. Is the Sheep Man a part of the physical or the spiritual world?
10. Explain how the Sheep Professor came to his current state of being.
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)