|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Girlfriend and the Main Character do after planning their strategy for hunting the sheep?
(a) Have dinner with the Sheep Lady.
(b) Go to a double feature at the theater.
(c) Interview the manager of the Ovine Theater.
(d) Buy and read books on sheep from the bookstore.
2. Where do the Girlfriend and the Main Character find a phone book to look up hotels?
(a) In a boutique.
(b) At the Ovine Theater.
(c) In the bookstore.
(d) At a restaurant.
3. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend observe as they go further up the mountain road?
(a) There are headstones along the roadside.
(b) Everything has been burned to the ground.
(c) The road worsens.
(d) There is a single small hut every few miles.
4. Why does the Sheep Man tell the Main Character that he fled to the mountains?
(a) He worked for the Ministry of Forestry and Agriculture.
(b) For love.
(c) To follow the Sheep.
(d) To avoid the war.
5. What does the Main Character find in the Pan-Asian book in the villa?
(a) A recipe.
(b) A photograph of himself and the Business Partner.
(c) A large check in his name.
(d) A list of addresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Main Character find on the mountain road that tells him someone else has been there recently?
2. What does the person who speaks to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38 tell him about the Rat?
3. What best describes the Sheep Professor?
4. What is the person who picks up the cat amazed to discover?
5. What happened to the Sheep Professor in 1935?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is responsible for the Strange Man's death?
2. Was the Main Character a good choice for the Strange Man's sheep finding mission?
3. How is isolation and alienation of the characters apparent in Chapters 25 and 26?
4. How are the sheep at the sheep farm similar to the people that the Sheep is trying to control?
5. How does the Sheep Professor's information help the Main Character on his quest?
6. Why is the Rat able to destroy the Sheep?
7. Aside from her powerful ears, is the Girlfriend a help or a hindrance to the Main Character?
8. How does the Limo Driver feel about the cat?
9. Why is the Sheep able to control the Rat?
10. Explain the caretaker's feelings about escorting the Main Character and the Girlfriend up that mountain.
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)