|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death is revealed by the person the Main Character discovers at the unlucky bend in the road?
(a) The Business Partner's.
(b) The Sheep Professor's.
(c) The Boss's.
(d) The Girlfriend's.
2. Who do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discover is waiting when they arrive at the villa on the mountain?
(a) The Rat.
(b) No one.
(c) The Business Partner.
(d) An older woman.
3. What does the Main Character find outside of the villa that indicates someone, other than the Rat, has been there?
(a) Cigarette butts.
(b) Sled tracks.
(c) A woman's glove.
(d) A message stapled to a tree.
4. What does the Main Character find in the Pan-Asian book in the villa?
(a) A recipe.
(b) A photograph of himself and the Business Partner.
(c) A large check in his name.
(d) A list of addresses.
5. Who drives the vehicle that arrives to pick up the cat?
(a) The Business Partner's brother-in-law.
(b) An American with a poor accent.
(c) The Limo Driver.
(d) The Strange Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the couple first take a train to in Chapter 29?
2. Why does the caretaker admit that he will not take the Main Character and the Girlfriend any further up the mountain road?
3. What does the person who speaks to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38 tell him about the Rat?
4. What does the Main Character do on the seventh day of the trip to help locate the Rat?
5. On what basis do the Girlfriend and the Main Character select a hotel to stay in?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)