|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Main Character do on the seventh day of the trip to help locate the Rat?
(a) Calls the female friend of the Rat's.
(b) Asks door to door.
(c) Posts fliers around the town.
(d) Places an ad in the paper.
2. Whom does the Main Character get to agree to pickup himself and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31?
(a) The caretaker's son.
(b) The caretaker.
(c) The livestock inspector.
(d) A mountain guide.
3. In what condition is the Main Character at the beginning of Chapter 41?
(a) He is drunk and hung-over.
(b) He is sobbing and filled with despair.
(c) He is sick with a fever and vomiting.
(d) He is full of hope for the first time in years.
4. What does the person who agrees to pick up the Main Character and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31 warn him?
(a) That they will be changed after their journey.
(b) That it will be a long and arduous journey.
(c) That the mountain roads will be soft from rain.
(d) That they are travelling into a cursed area.
5. What does the Main Character discover at the unlucky bend in the road?
(a) The road is impassable.
(b) An old red truck.
(c) The road is now paved.
(d) A brand new jeep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who speaks to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38 tell him about the Rat?
2. Who else does the Sheep Professor say has been looking for the Sheep?
3. Who starts speaking to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38?
4. Who is the Sheep Professor?
5. What best describes the appearance of the Dolphin Hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Sheep Professor's information help the Main Character on his quest?
2. Was the Main Character a good choice for the Strange Man's sheep finding mission?
3. How is isolation and alienation of the characters apparent in Chapters 25 and 26?
4. How are the sheep at the sheep farm similar to the people that the Sheep is trying to control?
5. What indicates that the Main Character's journey to Junitaki may be a hazardous one?
6. What is the importance of time to the characters in Chapter 24?
7. Is the Cat or the Main Character more at home in the world? Please fully support your answer.
8. Describe the Dolphin Hotel.
9. Is the Sheep Man a part of the physical or the spiritual world?
10. Aside from her powerful ears, is the Girlfriend a help or a hindrance to the Main Character?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)