|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is buried in the garage?
(a) The Sheep.
(b) The Sheep Man.
(c) The Rat.
(d) The Girlfriend.
2. What vehicle is sent to pick up the cat?
(a) A dilapidated taxicab.
(b) An animal transport bus.
(c) The Boss's Limo.
(d) The Strange Man's sleek black sedan.
3. Where does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character that the Rat is located?
(a) He says the Rat is dead.
(b) He says he does not know.
(c) At the Dolphin Hotel.
(d) In the garage.
4. In what condition is the Main Character at the beginning of Chapter 41?
(a) He is sobbing and filled with despair.
(b) He is drunk and hung-over.
(c) He is sick with a fever and vomiting.
(d) He is full of hope for the first time in years.
5. Where does the man begin his part of the search for the sheep?
(a) The postcard section at the bookstore.
(b) Travel and tourism places.
(c) Local sheep ranches.
(d) The Ovine Theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else does the Sheep Professor say has been looking for the Sheep?
2. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discuss after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
3. During the naming discussion in Chapter 24, what object is mentioned as a thing that is not named?
4. Who arrives at the villa and tells the Main Character that he has behaved selfishly?
5. What does the Main Character find outside of the villa that indicates someone, other than the Rat, has been there?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the sheep at the sheep farm similar to the people that the Sheep is trying to control?
2. What explanation does the Sheep Man give for the Girlfriend's disappearance?
3. How does the Limo Driver feel about the cat?
4. Why is the Sheep able to control the Rat?
5. How is isolation and alienation of the characters apparent in Chapters 25 and 26?
6. Do the Girlfriend's ears help the quest while staying at the Dolphin Hotel?
7. Why does the Main Character feel that he is being used as a pawn?
8. Is the Limo Driver an intelligent man?
9. Is the Cat or the Main Character more at home in the world? Please fully support your answer.
10. Is the Sheep Man a part of the physical or the spiritual world?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)