|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Main Character discover when he wakes up in Chapter 33?
(a) There is an envelope on the table.
(b) There is a sheep in the room.
(c) The Girlfriend is gone.
(d) The Girlfriend is crying.
2. Who else does the Sheep Professor say has been looking for the Sheep?
(a) A demanding Japanese woman.
(b) The Rat.
(c) The Strange Man.
(d) A friendly limo driver.
3. Whom does the Main Character get to agree to pickup himself and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31?
(a) A mountain guide.
(b) The livestock inspector.
(c) The caretaker's son.
(d) The caretaker.
4. During the naming discussion in Chapter 24, what object is mentioned as a thing that is not named?
5. What vehicle is sent to pick up the cat?
(a) A dilapidated taxicab.
(b) An animal transport bus.
(c) The Strange Man's sleek black sedan.
(d) The Boss's Limo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the appearance of the Dolphin Hotel?
2. After the couple checks into a hotel in Junitaki, what does the Main character do?
3. What does the person who agrees to pick up the Main Character and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31 warn him?
4. What does the mirror reveal about the Sheep Man?
5. Who is the Sheep Professor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Aside from her powerful ears, is the Girlfriend a help or a hindrance to the Main Character?
2. What indicates that the Main Character's journey to Junitaki may be a hazardous one?
3. Why does the Main Character feel that he is being used as a pawn?
4. Is the Cat or the Main Character more at home in the world? Please fully support your answer.
5. Was the Main Character a good choice for the Strange Man's sheep finding mission?
6. What explanation does the Sheep Man give for the Girlfriend's disappearance?
7. Explain how the Sheep Professor came to his current state of being.
8. What factors contribute to the eerie feeling of the area near the villa in Junitaki?
9. Describe the Dolphin Hotel.
10. Is the Sheep Man a part of the physical or the spiritual world?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)