|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what condition is the Main Character at the beginning of Chapter 41?
(a) He is sobbing and filled with despair.
(b) He is sick with a fever and vomiting.
(c) He is full of hope for the first time in years.
(d) He is drunk and hung-over.
2. Why does the Sheep Man tell the Main Character that he fled to the mountains?
(a) He worked for the Ministry of Forestry and Agriculture.
(b) To follow the Sheep.
(c) To avoid the war.
(d) For love.
3. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discuss after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
(a) God's inefficiencies.
(b) The Girlfriend's ears.
(c) The downfalls of naming a child.
(d) Time saved by their mode of transportation.
4. What type of station do the Main Character and the Girlfriend go to in Chapter 24?
5. What does the Main Character discover when he wakes up in Chapter 33?
(a) The Girlfriend is gone.
(b) The Girlfriend is crying.
(c) There is an envelope on the table.
(d) There is a sheep in the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Sheep Professor?
2. What does the person who speaks to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38 tell him about the Rat?
3. After the couple checks into a hotel in Junitaki, what does the Main character do?
4. Where do the Girlfriend and the Main Character find a phone book to look up hotels?
5. What is the Main Character doing on the tenth day of his visit when the Sheep Man returns to the villa?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is isolation and alienation of the characters apparent in Chapters 25 and 26?
2. Is the Cat or the Main Character more at home in the world? Please fully support your answer.
3. Aside from her powerful ears, is the Girlfriend a help or a hindrance to the Main Character?
4. Explain the caretaker's feelings about escorting the Main Character and the Girlfriend up that mountain.
5. Is the Limo Driver an intelligent man?
6. What factors contribute to the eerie feeling of the area near the villa in Junitaki?
7. What indicates that the Main Character's journey to Junitaki may be a hazardous one?
8. Why is the Sheep able to control the Rat?
9. Why is the Rat able to destroy the Sheep?
10. What explanation does the Sheep Man give for the Girlfriend's disappearance?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)