|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what condition is the Main Character at the beginning of Chapter 41?
(a) He is full of hope for the first time in years.
(b) He is sobbing and filled with despair.
(c) He is drunk and hung-over.
(d) He is sick with a fever and vomiting.
2. How many head of sheep does the livestock inspector say are in the town of Junitaki?
3. What does the person whom the Main Character discovers at the unlucky bend in the road admit to having?
(a) A hostage.
(b) A sixth sense.
(c) A plan to take over the world.
(d) A bomb.
4. Who else does the Sheep Professor say has been looking for the Sheep?
(a) A friendly limo driver.
(b) The Strange Man.
(c) The Rat.
(d) A demanding Japanese woman.
5. What does the Main Character do on the seventh day of the trip to help locate the Rat?
(a) Asks door to door.
(b) Places an ad in the paper.
(c) Calls the female friend of the Rat's.
(d) Posts fliers around the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Territorial Government name the area where the Sheep Professor's homestead is located?
2. Why does the caretaker admit that he will not take the Main Character and the Girlfriend any further up the mountain road?
3. What does the Main Character do just before leaving the villa for the last time?
4. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend eat after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
5. How do the Main Character and the Girlfriend get to the station after the cat is picked up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the Cat or the Main Character more at home in the world? Please fully support your answer.
2. Is the Sheep Man a part of the physical or the spiritual world?
3. Aside from her powerful ears, is the Girlfriend a help or a hindrance to the Main Character?
4. Why does the Main Character feel that he is being used as a pawn?
5. What indicates that the Main Character's journey to Junitaki may be a hazardous one?
6. Explain the caretaker's feelings about escorting the Main Character and the Girlfriend up that mountain.
7. Is the Limo Driver an intelligent man?
8. Do the Girlfriend's ears help the quest while staying at the Dolphin Hotel?
9. How does the Sheep Professor's information help the Main Character on his quest?
10. Was the Main Character a good choice for the Strange Man's sheep finding mission?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)