|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Main Character, the Girlfriend and the person who comes to pick up the cat discuss early in Chapter 24?
(a) Messages from God.
(b) The advertising business.
(c) The starred sheep.
(d) The superiority of animals over humans.
2. What is the person who picks up the cat amazed to discover?
(a) It has a star on its belly.
(b) It has no tail.
(c) It has only one eye.
(d) It has no name.
3. Why does the caretaker admit that he will not take the Main Character and the Girlfriend any further up the mountain road?
(a) He believes it is unlucky.
(b) He has run out of gas.
(c) He has been threatened if he takes them any further.
(d) He has been paid to stop here.
4. What vehicle is sent to pick up the cat?
(a) The Boss's Limo.
(b) A dilapidated taxicab.
(c) An animal transport bus.
(d) The Strange Man's sleek black sedan.
5. Who does the caretaker say is living in the home on the sheep ranch that the Main Character visits in Chapter 30?
(a) The Sheep Professor's wife.
(b) The owner of the hotel the couple is staying in.
(c) The owner of the villa.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Sheep Professor tell the Main Character and the Girlfriend that it is considered a blessing for a sheep to enter a human?
2. What does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character to do before leaving the next day?
3. What does the Main Character discover at the unlucky bend in the road?
4. What strategy do the Girlfriend and the Main Character come up with for hunting the sheep?
5. What does the caretaker at the ranch tell the Main Character that he must do to the sheep on the day of his visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of time to the characters in Chapter 24?
2. Why is the Rat able to destroy the Sheep?
3. What factors contribute to the eerie feeling of the area near the villa in Junitaki?
4. Was the Main Character a good choice for the Strange Man's sheep finding mission?
5. Who is responsible for the Strange Man's death?
6. What explanation does the Sheep Man give for the Girlfriend's disappearance?
7. Explain how the Sheep Professor came to his current state of being.
8. How is isolation and alienation of the characters apparent in Chapters 25 and 26?
9. Is the Cat or the Main Character more at home in the world? Please fully support your answer.
10. How does the Main Character react to the Girlfriend's sudden disappearance?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)