|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Dolphin Hotel before it was a hotel?
(a) A public clinic.
(b) A brothel.
(c) A public library.
(d) Ovine Hall.
2. How does the person who picks up the cat feel about caring for the cat?
(c) Mildly annoyed.
(d) Genuinely pleased.
3. Whom is the Kipper referred to in the name of Chapter 24?
(a) A famous character from a novel.
(b) The Main Character's cat.
(c) A childhood friend of the Main Character.
(d) A cat the Girlfriend had as a child.
4. What does the Territorial Government name the area where the Sheep Professor's homestead is located?
(a) Ovine Valley Settlement.
(b) Twelve Falls Settlement.
(c) Honshu Plain Settlement.
(d) Tsugaru Settlement.
5. Where do the Girlfriend and the Main Character find a phone book to look up hotels?
(a) At the Ovine Theater.
(b) In a boutique.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) In the bookstore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who admits, after revealing the Rat's situation, to having sent the Girlfriend away?
2. Where did the Sheep Professor once work?
3. Who is the Sheep Professor?
4. Where does the man begin his part of the search for the sheep?
5. During the naming discussion in Chapter 24, what object is mentioned as a thing that is not named?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is isolation and alienation of the characters apparent in Chapters 25 and 26?
2. Is the Sheep Man a part of the physical or the spiritual world?
3. How does the Limo Driver feel about the cat?
4. Aside from her powerful ears, is the Girlfriend a help or a hindrance to the Main Character?
5. How does the Main Character react to the Girlfriend's sudden disappearance?
6. Is the Cat or the Main Character more at home in the world? Please fully support your answer.
7. What is the importance of time to the characters in Chapter 24?
8. What explanation does the Sheep Man give for the Girlfriend's disappearance?
9. Why is the Rat able to destroy the Sheep?
10. What indicates that the Main Character's journey to Junitaki may be a hazardous one?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)