|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that names are given to things with purpose that are familiar and not mass produced?
(a) The person who picks up the cat.
(b) The station attendant.
(c) The Girlfriend.
(d) The Main Character.
2. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend observe as they go further up the mountain road?
(a) There are headstones along the roadside.
(b) There is a single small hut every few miles.
(c) The road worsens.
(d) Everything has been burned to the ground.
3. What object does the Main Character discover in a book at the villa while he is waiting for the Rat to arrive?
(a) The bulletin with the starred sheep.
(b) The ad he submitted seeking the Rat.
(c) The Strange Man's business card.
(d) A paper-thin mirror.
4. What best describes the appearance of the Dolphin Hotel?
(a) Old and rundown.
(b) Opulent and beautiful.
(c) Old, but well cared for.
(d) Seedy and slightly intimidating.
5. How does the person who picks up the cat feel about caring for the cat?
(b) Genuinely pleased.
(d) Mildly annoyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Main Character do on the seventh day of the trip to help locate the Rat?
2. What vehicle is sent to pick up the cat?
3. Where does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character that the Rat is located?
4. What does the caretaker at the ranch tell the Main Character that he must do to the sheep on the day of his visit?
5. Who do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discover is waiting when they arrive at the villa on the mountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What explanation does the Sheep Man give for the Girlfriend's disappearance?
2. Aside from her powerful ears, is the Girlfriend a help or a hindrance to the Main Character?
3. Explain how the Sheep Professor came to his current state of being.
4. What factors contribute to the eerie feeling of the area near the villa in Junitaki?
5. Explain the caretaker's feelings about escorting the Main Character and the Girlfriend up that mountain.
6. Why is the Rat able to destroy the Sheep?
7. How are the sheep at the sheep farm similar to the people that the Sheep is trying to control?
8. How does the Main Character react to the Girlfriend's sudden disappearance?
9. Is the Sheep Man a part of the physical or the spiritual world?
10. Do the Girlfriend's ears help the quest while staying at the Dolphin Hotel?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)