|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Main Character find outside of the villa that indicates someone, other than the Rat, has been there?
(a) Sled tracks.
(b) Cigarette butts.
(c) A message stapled to a tree.
(d) A woman's glove.
2. Who is buried in the garage?
(a) The Rat.
(b) The Sheep Man.
(c) The Girlfriend.
(d) The Sheep.
3. How do the Girlfriend and the Main Character feel about the Limo Driver?
(a) They dislike him.
(b) They think he is hiding something.
(c) They are ambivalent towards him.
(d) They like him.
4. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discuss after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
(a) Time saved by their mode of transportation.
(b) The downfalls of naming a child.
(c) God's inefficiencies.
(d) The Girlfriend's ears.
5. Whom does the Main Character get to agree to pickup himself and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31?
(a) The caretaker's son.
(b) The caretaker.
(c) A mountain guide.
(d) The livestock inspector.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the person who picks up the cat feel about caring for the cat?
2. What vehicle is sent to pick up the cat?
3. On what basis do the Girlfriend and the Main Character select a hotel to stay in?
4. Why does the Sheep Man tell the Main Character that he fled to the mountains?
5. Why does the caretaker admit that he will not take the Main Character and the Girlfriend any further up the mountain road?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Main Character react to the Girlfriend's sudden disappearance?
2. Explain how the Sheep Professor came to his current state of being.
3. Was the Main Character a good choice for the Strange Man's sheep finding mission?
4. Describe the Dolphin Hotel.
5. Is the Cat or the Main Character more at home in the world? Please fully support your answer.
6. Why does the Main Character feel that he is being used as a pawn?
7. Aside from her powerful ears, is the Girlfriend a help or a hindrance to the Main Character?
8. Why is the Sheep able to control the Rat?
9. How are the sheep at the sheep farm similar to the people that the Sheep is trying to control?
10. What is the importance of time to the characters in Chapter 24?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)