|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Girlfriend and the Main Character find a phone book to look up hotels?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) In a boutique.
(c) At the Ovine Theater.
(d) In the bookstore.
2. What does the Main Character find outside of the villa that indicates someone, other than the Rat, has been there?
(a) A woman's glove.
(b) Sled tracks.
(c) A message stapled to a tree.
(d) Cigarette butts.
3. Whom does the Main Character discover at the unlucky bend in the road?
(a) The Girlfriend.
(b) The Sheep Man.
(c) The Sheep.
(d) The Strange Man.
4. Where does the couple first take a train to in Chapter 29?
5. Who else does the Sheep Professor say has been looking for the Sheep?
(a) The Rat.
(b) A friendly limo driver.
(c) A demanding Japanese woman.
(d) The Strange Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the couple checks into a hotel in Junitaki, what does the Main character do?
2. Where does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character that the Rat is located?
3. What do the Main Character, the Girlfriend and the person who comes to pick up the cat discuss early in Chapter 24?
4. What does the Main Character discover when he wakes up in Chapter 33?
5. What is the person who picks up the cat amazed to discover?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Main Character feel that he is being used as a pawn?
2. Explain how the Sheep Professor came to his current state of being.
3. Is the Sheep Man a part of the physical or the spiritual world?
4. How are the sheep at the sheep farm similar to the people that the Sheep is trying to control?
5. What is the importance of time to the characters in Chapter 24?
6. Is the Cat or the Main Character more at home in the world? Please fully support your answer.
7. What indicates that the Main Character's journey to Junitaki may be a hazardous one?
8. Do the Girlfriend's ears help the quest while staying at the Dolphin Hotel?
9. Explain the caretaker's feelings about escorting the Main Character and the Girlfriend up that mountain.
10. Who is responsible for the Strange Man's death?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)