|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the Main Character discover at the unlucky bend in the road?
(a) The Strange Man.
(b) The Girlfriend.
(c) The Sheep Man.
(d) The Sheep.
2. Who does the caretaker say is living in the home on the sheep ranch that the Main Character visits in Chapter 30?
(a) No one.
(b) The Sheep Professor's wife.
(c) The owner of the villa.
(d) The owner of the hotel the couple is staying in.
3. Where does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character that the Rat is located?
(a) In the garage.
(b) At the Dolphin Hotel.
(c) He says the Rat is dead.
(d) He says he does not know.
4. What was the Dolphin Hotel before it was a hotel?
(a) A public library.
(b) A brothel.
(c) A public clinic.
(d) Ovine Hall.
5. What does the caretaker at the ranch tell the Main Character that he must do to the sheep on the day of his visit?
(a) Brand them.
(b) Disinfect them.
(c) Read to them.
(d) Shear them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is the Kipper referred to in the name of Chapter 24?
2. Why does the Sheep Man tell the Main Character that he fled to the mountains?
3. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend observe as they go further up the mountain road?
4. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discuss after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
5. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend eat after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of time to the characters in Chapter 24?
2. How does the Sheep Professor's information help the Main Character on his quest?
3. What indicates that the Main Character's journey to Junitaki may be a hazardous one?
4. Explain how the Sheep Professor came to his current state of being.
5. Why is the Rat able to destroy the Sheep?
6. What factors contribute to the eerie feeling of the area near the villa in Junitaki?
7. How are the sheep at the sheep farm similar to the people that the Sheep is trying to control?
8. Was the Main Character a good choice for the Strange Man's sheep finding mission?
9. Why does the Main Character feel that he is being used as a pawn?
10. Explain the caretaker's feelings about escorting the Main Character and the Girlfriend up that mountain.
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)