|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Main Character, the Girlfriend and the person who comes to pick up the cat discuss early in Chapter 24?
(a) The starred sheep.
(b) The superiority of animals over humans.
(c) The advertising business.
(d) Messages from God.
2. Who admits, after revealing the Rat's situation, to having sent the Girlfriend away?
(a) The Boss.
(b) The Rat.
(c) The Sheep.
(d) The Strange Man.
3. Who do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discover is waiting when they arrive at the villa on the mountain?
(a) No one.
(b) An older woman.
(c) The Business Partner.
(d) The Rat.
4. Where do the Girlfriend and the Main Character first go to plan their strategy after exiting their flight?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) A bar.
(c) Their hotel.
(d) A movie theater.
5. Who says that names are given to things with purpose that are familiar and not mass produced?
(a) The Main Character.
(b) The station attendant.
(c) The person who picks up the cat.
(d) The Girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Sheep Professor tell the Main Character and the Girlfriend that it is considered a blessing for a sheep to enter a human?
2. Who does the caretaker say is living in the home on the sheep ranch that the Main Character visits in Chapter 30?
3. What best describes the appearance of the Dolphin Hotel?
4. What is the Main Character doing on the tenth day of his visit when the Sheep Man returns to the villa?
5. What strategy do the Girlfriend and the Main Character come up with for hunting the sheep?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the sheep at the sheep farm similar to the people that the Sheep is trying to control?
2. Is the Cat or the Main Character more at home in the world? Please fully support your answer.
3. Do the Girlfriend's ears help the quest while staying at the Dolphin Hotel?
4. Explain the caretaker's feelings about escorting the Main Character and the Girlfriend up that mountain.
5. Describe the Dolphin Hotel.
6. Is the Sheep Man a part of the physical or the spiritual world?
7. What explanation does the Sheep Man give for the Girlfriend's disappearance?
8. Why is the Rat able to destroy the Sheep?
9. What indicates that the Main Character's journey to Junitaki may be a hazardous one?
10. Explain how the Sheep Professor came to his current state of being.
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)