|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who speaks to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38 tell him about the Rat?
(a) That the Rat is going to kill him.
(b) That the Rat has killed the person who is speaking.
(c) That the Rat is dead.
(d) That the Rat needs will need his help tomorrow.
2. Whom is the Kipper referred to in the name of Chapter 24?
(a) A famous character from a novel.
(b) A cat the Girlfriend had as a child.
(c) The Main Character's cat.
(d) A childhood friend of the Main Character.
3. How do the Main Character and the Girlfriend get to the station after the cat is picked up?
(a) The Strange Man sends a different car for them.
(b) They are taken by the same person who picks up the cat.
(c) They take the Girlfriend's car.
(d) They call a taxicab.
4. Where does the Main Character find sheep wool?
(a) In the Girlfriend's suitcase.
(b) Outside the villa.
(c) In a car in the garage.
(d) In a pillowcase.
5. Where does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character that the Rat is located?
(a) He says the Rat is dead.
(b) In the garage.
(c) He says he does not know.
(d) At the Dolphin Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is buried in the garage?
2. What was the Dolphin Hotel before it was a hotel?
3. After the couple checks into a hotel in Junitaki, what does the Main character do?
4. Whose death is revealed by the person the Main Character discovers at the unlucky bend in the road?
5. What best describes the appearance of the Dolphin Hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the Sheep Man a part of the physical or the spiritual world?
2. Describe the Dolphin Hotel.
3. Who is responsible for the Strange Man's death?
4. Was the Main Character a good choice for the Strange Man's sheep finding mission?
5. How does the Sheep Professor's information help the Main Character on his quest?
6. Is the Cat or the Main Character more at home in the world? Please fully support your answer.
7. Is the Limo Driver an intelligent man?
8. Why is the Sheep able to control the Rat?
9. Why is the Rat able to destroy the Sheep?
10. What explanation does the Sheep Man give for the Girlfriend's disappearance?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)