|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the bar owner suggest that the Main Character stay while he is in town?
(a) With the Rat's family.
(b) With the Main Character's family.
(c) With the bar owner.
(d) With the Rat's friend.
2. Who is the second person that the Main Character tries to phone after Limo Driver on his return from the Boss's home?
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) The Business Partner.
(d) The Girlfriend.
3. Whom does the Limo Driver tell the Main Character gave him the important phone number?
(a) The Boss.
(c) The Girlfriend.
(d) The Strange Man.
4. What time does the Strange Man arrive at the office?
(a) 11 AM.
(b) 11 PM.
(c) 3:15 PM.
(d) 9 AM.
5. What does the person who is at the Main Character's apartment in Chapter 2 tell him?
(a) That she still loves him.
(b) That he owes money.
(c) That he is invited to a party.
(d) That he is selfish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Strange Man give the Main Character a magnifying glass?
2. What is the trilateral power base that the Boss is said to control?
3. What does the Main Character do when he cannot reach either of the two people he tries to phone after returning from the Boss's home?
4. What does the Rat send to the Main Character along with his first letter?
5. Who tells the Main Character that there are only 5,000 sheep in Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does the Main Character respect the former lover who dies in Chapter 1?
2. Is the Boss a respectable person?
3. Is the Girlfriend a passive person?
4. How does the Boss come to gain his power?
5. Describe the mystery surrounding the Boss's illness.
6. Describe the location of the Boss's home.
7. Describe the Main Character's dream the first time he rides in the Boss's limo.
8. What is the significance of the Rat's second letter?
9. Describe the Business Partner.
10. How does the Strange Man convince the Business Partner to meet his demands?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)