|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Strange Man say drew the image he shows to the Main Character in Chapter 18?
(a) The Strange Man.
(b) The Boss.
(c) The Girlfriend.
(d) The Rat.
2. Where does the Main Character go to buy supplies after speaking to the Strange Man?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) A pharmacy.
(c) An outdoors supplier.
(d) A clothing store.
3. What does the Business Partner believe about the business?
(a) That it is overextended.
(b) That it has great potential.
(c) That it is failing.
(d) That it is going to be audited.
4. What are the three occupations of the Girlfriend?
(a) Teacher, accountant, and sales clerk.
(b) Model, proofreader, and call girl.
(c) Graphic designer, psychic, and dog walker.
(d) Delivery person, Feng Shui advisor, and operator.
5. What best describes the mental state of the Main Character at the time he knew the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(d) Angst ridden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true of the Limo Driver?
2. Where does the opening scene of the novel occur?
3. What does the Main Character say about honest work in Chapter 7?
4. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character about her ears?
5. What does the Strange Man do when the Main Character refuses to tell him what he wants to know in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does the Main Character respect the former lover who dies in Chapter 1?
2. Describe the Strange Man.
3. What do the woman's beautiful ears indicate about her?
4. What is the importance of the slip in Chapter 3?
5. Does the Main Character flaunt the authority of the Strange Man?
6. Is the Main Character a proactive or a reactive person?
7. Does the Main Character trust his new girlfriend?
8. Describe the Main Character's dream the first time he rides in the Boss's limo.
9. Why do the Main Character and the Business Partner disagree on the direction of their business?
10. Is the Girlfriend a passive person?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)