|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Main Character and his business partner first discuss in Chapter 7?
(a) The Business Partner's church.
(b) The Business Partner's disease.
(c) A new client that the Main Character wants to work with.
(d) The Main Character's divorce.
2. What does the Main Character see upon arriving home in Chapter 2?
(a) Red high-heeled shoes.
(b) A puddle of water.
(c) A present wrapped in gold paper.
(d) A peacock.
3. How does the Strange Man respond to the Main Character's attempts at small talk during their phone call in Chapter 22?
(a) He urges him to get to the point.
(b) He is uncharacteristically friendly.
(c) With silence.
(d) He tells him to stop wasting his time.
4. How much money does the Main Character have from the Strange Man?
(a) 20,000 American dollars.
(b) 500 thousand yen notes.
(c) 150 ten thousand yen notes.
(d) 1,000 American dollars.
5. What time does the Strange Man arrive at the office?
(a) 11 AM.
(b) 3:15 PM.
(c) 9 AM.
(d) 11 PM.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the photograph that the Main Character used in the bulletin?
2. What does the Main Character do when he cannot reach either of the two people he tries to phone after returning from the Boss's home?
3. What does the Business Partner believe about the business?
4. What does the Strange Man tell the Business Partner that the company must do?
5. Who is the second person that the Main Character tries to phone after Limo Driver on his return from the Boss's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Main Character's dream the first time he rides in the Boss's limo.
2. Is the Girlfriend a passive person?
3. Does the Main Character respect the former lover who dies in Chapter 1?
4. What is the meaning of the chapter title "Wednesday Afternoon Picnic?"
5. Describe the Main Character's efforts to connect with others in Chapters 19 through 21.
6. How does the Main Character feel about the death of his former lover?
7. What is the importance of the slip in Chapter 3?
8. What does the way the Main Character responds to the death of his former lover in Chapter 1 reveal about him?
9. What is the cause of the friction between the Strange Man and the Main Character?
10. Does the Main Character trust his new girlfriend?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)