|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the Main Character that there are only 5,000 sheep in Japan?
(a) The Boss.
(b) The Girlfriend.
(c) The Limo Driver.
(d) The Strange Man.
2. What time does the Strange Man arrive at the office?
(a) 11 AM.
(b) 3:15 PM.
(c) 11 PM.
(d) 9 AM.
3. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character about her ears?
(a) She rarely displays them.
(b) She gets a high off showing them.
(c) They bring her great misery.
(d) They bring her great luck.
4. Who does the Strange Man say predicted that the death of the Boss due to his brain cyst would occur years ago?
(a) The Girlfriend.
(b) US Army doctors.
(c) Japanese doctors.
(d) The Boss's personal physician.
5. What is true of the Limo Driver?
(a) He is a devout Christian.
(b) He is an Olympic athlete.
(c) He is a champion poker player.
(d) He is an atheist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the mental state of the Main Character at the time he knew the person who dies in Chapter 1?
2. What does the Main Character say has happened to his business partner over the past several years?
3. How does the Main Character first learn of the death in Chapter 1?
4. Whom does the Main Character live with?
5. Whose phone number does the Limo Driver say he has?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does the Main Character flaunt the authority of the Strange Man?
2. Is the Girlfriend a passive person?
3. Describe the Main Character's dream the first time he rides in the Boss's limo.
4. What is the importance of the slip in Chapter 3?
5. What does the way the Main Character responds to the death of his former lover in Chapter 1 reveal about him?
6. Describe the location of the Boss's home.
7. Does the Main Character trust his new girlfriend?
8. Describe the relationship between the Main Character and his ex-wife.
9. Describe the Main Character's efforts to connect with others in Chapters 19 through 21.
10. How does the Strange Man convince the Business Partner to meet his demands?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)