|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Strange Man tell the Main Character about the object seen through the magnifying glass?
(a) It implicates the Main Character.
(b) It is part of a sacred text.
(c) It does not exist.
(d) It puts the Rat in grave danger.
2. Whom does the Main Character live with?
(a) His father.
(b) No one.
(c) An unseen roommate.
(d) His cat.
3. What does the Business Partner believe about the business?
(a) That it is overextended.
(b) That it is failing.
(c) That it is going to be audited.
(d) That it has great potential.
4. What time is the Main Character told that the Boss would send a car for him?
5. What does the Strange Man give to the Business Partner?
(a) A list of demands.
(b) An incriminating photograph.
(c) A business card.
(d) A pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Main Character buy after speaking with the Strange Man in Chapter 22?
2. What does the Main Character eat, while his visitor watches, in Chapter 2?
3. What does the Main Character tell the Strange Man he fears losing?
4. What is true of the Main Character when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
5. What does the Limo Driver give to the Main Character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the woman's beautiful ears indicate about her?
2. Does the Main Character want to go on the mission for the sheep?
3. What is the cause of the friction between the Strange Man and the Main Character?
4. Is the Main Character a proactive or a reactive person?
5. How important is the cat to the Main Character?
6. Why are sheep important in Japan's history?
7. How does the Main Character react to his return to his hometown?
8. What evidence is there in Chapter 2 that the Main Character and his ex-wife still care for each other?
9. Describe the Limo Driver.
10. Does the Main Character flaunt the authority of the Strange Man?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)