|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who once incarcerated the Boss?
(a) Japanese military forces.
(b) Guerrilla forces.
(c) Occupation forces.
(d) Chinese military forces.
2. What does the Main Character say about honest work in Chapter 7?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It is not profitable.
(c) It is available only to the poor.
(d) It is good for the soul.
3. What does the Limo Driver give to the Main Character?
(a) God's phone number.
(b) A map.
(c) His phone number.
(d) A bible.
4. What does the Main Character drink in Chapter 9?
5. What does the Main Character do in Chapter 22 before calling the Strange Man?
(a) Takes some cold Medicine.
(b) Finds a public phone.
(d) Goes for a run.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does the person who dies in Chapter 1 die?
2. Where does the opening scene of the novel occur?
3. What is the trilateral power base that the Boss is said to control?
4. What does the Main Character give to the person he meets per the Rat's request?
5. What does the Main Character dream about in the limo on the way to the Boss's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the ex-wife not want the Main Character to deliver her belongings to her new home?
2. Does the Main Character trust his new girlfriend?
3. Is the Boss a respectable person?
4. Is the Main Character a proactive or a reactive person?
5. Does the Main Character respect the former lover who dies in Chapter 1?
6. What does the way the Main Character responds to the death of his former lover in Chapter 1 reveal about him?
7. Describe the Main Character's efforts to connect with others in Chapters 19 through 21.
8. What is the cause of the friction between the Strange Man and the Main Character?
9. Why do the Main Character and the Business Partner disagree on the direction of their business?
10. How does the Boss come to gain his power?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)