|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what length of time does the Strange Man tell the Main Character that he will leave him alone?
(a) Not a single moment, until this mission is complete.
(b) One month.
(c) Eight hours a night.
(d) Two weeks.
2. What is true of the Main Character when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He is carrying a large package.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is walking a dog.
3. What relationship does the Main Character share with the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) They are stepsiblings.
(b) They were former lovers.
(c) They were married.
(d) They were co-workers.
4. What does the Main Character do in Chapter 22 before calling the Strange Man?
(a) Takes some cold Medicine.
(c) Finds a public phone.
(d) Goes for a run.
5. Who tells the Main Character about a sheep in Chapter 6?
(a) The business partner.
(b) A messenger.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) His ex-wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symptoms does the Boss exhibit of the brain cyst and the required medications?
2. What fantasy does the Main Character have often as a college student?
3. What does the Main Character drink in Chapter 9?
4. What is true of the Limo Driver?
5. How old was the Main Character when he knew the person who dies in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of the slip in Chapter 3?
2. Is the Main Character a proactive or a reactive person?
3. Does the Main Character want to go on the mission for the sheep?
4. Is the Boss a respectable person?
5. Why are sheep important in Japan's history?
6. Describe the Business Partner.
7. What is the importance of the Whale's Penis?
8. What evidence is there in Chapter 2 that the Main Character and his ex-wife still care for each other?
9. Why does the Main Character feel that he is being used as a pawn?
10. What action best shows the Main Character's personal growth throughout the novel?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)