|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the trilateral power base that the Boss is said to control?
(a) Scientific institutions, a political party, and gold mines.
(b) Politicians, information services, and stocks.
(c) Japanese imports, publishing, and politicians.
(d) Bankers, newspapers, and educational institutions.
2. What is true of the Limo Driver?
(a) He is an atheist.
(b) He is a champion poker player.
(c) He is a devout Christian.
(d) He is an Olympic athlete.
3. What does the Rat send to the Main Character along with his first letter?
(a) A novel.
(b) An advertisement and a stamp.
(c) An addressed and stamped envelope.
(d) A lighter.
4. Whom does the Strange Man say he represents?
(a) A friend.
(b) The name on the business card.
(c) The Main Character's father.
(d) The person in the photograph.
5. What music does the Main Character recall hearing during his time with the person who dies were together?
(a) Patsy Cline and Johnny Cash.
(b) Swing Music.
(c) The Doors, the Stones, and the Moody Blues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the Main Character's apartment after he makes his purchase in Chapter 22?
2. What relationship does the Main Character share with the person who dies in Chapter 1?
3. What does the Main Character dream about in the limo on the way to the Boss's house?
4. What are the three occupations of the Girlfriend?
5. How does the Main Character first learn of the death in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of time to the characters in Chapter 24?
2. What is the importance of the Whale's Penis?
3. Does the Main Character care about the future of the Business Partner?
4. Do the Girlfriend's ears help the quest while staying at the Dolphin Hotel?
5. Describe the Business Partner.
6. Does the Main Character want to go on the mission for the sheep?
7. How does the Strange Man convince the Business Partner to meet his demands?
8. Describe the Strange Man.
9. Does the Main Character trust his new girlfriend?
10. How does the Boss come to gain his power?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)