|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the three occupations of the Girlfriend?
(a) Delivery person, Feng Shui advisor, and operator.
(b) Model, proofreader, and call girl.
(c) Graphic designer, psychic, and dog walker.
(d) Teacher, accountant, and sales clerk.
2. What does the Rat include in his second letter to the Main Character?
(a) A postcard.
(b) A bulletin.
(c) An obituary and cash.
(d) A picture and a check.
3. Where does the Main Character go after leaving the Limo Driver on his return from the Boss's home?
(a) An airport lobby.
(b) His office.
(c) A hotel bar.
(d) A library.
4. How does the Strange Man respond to the Main Character's attempts at small talk during their phone call in Chapter 22?
(a) He tells him to stop wasting his time.
(b) He urges him to get to the point.
(c) He is uncharacteristically friendly.
(d) With silence.
5. What do the Main Character and his business partner first discuss in Chapter 7?
(a) The Business Partner's disease.
(b) A new client that the Main Character wants to work with.
(c) The Business Partner's church.
(d) The Main Character's divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Main Character give to the person he meets per the Rat's request?
2. Whom does the Limo Driver tell the Main Character gave him the important phone number?
3. What does the Main Character say about honest work in Chapter 7?
4. Where does the Main Character first meet the person who dies in Chapter 1?
5. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character just before she shows him her ears for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Main Character feel that he is being used as a pawn?
2. Describe the Rat's relationship to the Main Character.
3. How does the Boss come to gain his power?
4. Does the Main Character flaunt the authority of the Strange Man?
5. Explain the caretaker's feelings about escorting the Main Character and the Girlfriend up that mountain.
6. Describe the location of the Boss's home.
7. What factors contribute to the eerie feeling of the area near the villa in Junitaki?
8. How does the Strange Man convince the Business Partner to meet his demands?
9. How is isolation and alienation of the characters apparent in Chapters 25 and 26?
10. Describe the Dolphin Hotel.
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)