|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Strange Man say predicted that the death of the Boss due to his brain cyst would occur years ago?
(a) The Girlfriend.
(b) Japanese doctors.
(c) The Boss's personal physician.
(d) US Army doctors.
2. Why does the Strange Man Call the Main Character after his return from the Boss's home?
(a) Because the Boss is getting worse.
(b) Because the Boss has recovered.
(c) Because the Boss has disappeared.
(d) Because the Boss has died.
3. When does the Main Character say that the Girlfriend is most likely to display her ears?
(a) When there are children around.
(b) During sex.
(c) When there are animals around.
(d) When she wants attention.
4. What does the Strange Man give to the Main Character in Chapter 18 before telling him to leave?
(a) A picture of the Girlfriend with the starred sheep.
(c) A large sum of money.
(d) An address.
5. Who is the second person that the Main Character tries to phone after Limo Driver on his return from the Boss's home?
(a) The Girlfriend.
(b) His ex-wife.
(d) The Business Partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Strange Man dressed?
2. Who tells the Main Character that there are only 5,000 sheep in Japan?
3. Where does the Main Character go after leaving the Limo Driver on his return from the Boss's home?
4. What losses do the Strange Man and the Main Character discuss in Chapter 17?
5. How does the Strange Man respond to the Main Character's attempts at small talk during their phone call in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the location of the Boss's home.
2. Describe the Strange Man.
3. How does the Boss come to gain his power?
4. What is the meaning of the chapter title "Wednesday Afternoon Picnic?"
5. Describe the Main Character's efforts to connect with others in Chapters 19 through 21.
6. Describe the Main Character's dream the first time he rides in the Boss's limo.
7. What do the woman's beautiful ears indicate about her?
8. Is the Girlfriend a passive person?
9. Does the Main Character trust his new girlfriend?
10. Why is the sex between the Main Character and the woman with the beautiful ears important?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)