|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Main Character do when he cannot reach either of the two people he tries to phone after returning from the Boss's home?
(a) Buys some wool socks.
(b) Calls a taxi.
(c) Orders more beer.
(d) Goes to a movie.
2. What does the Main Character do in Chapter 3 after his unexpected visitor leaves?
(a) Goes through his closet.
(b) Opens his package.
3. What do the Main Character and his business partner first discuss in Chapter 7?
(a) The Main Character's divorce.
(b) A new client that the Main Character wants to work with.
(c) The Business Partner's church.
(d) The Business Partner's disease.
4. Where does the Main Character first meet the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) At primary school.
(b) A wedding.
(c) At work.
(d) A coffee shop.
5. What does the Main Character say has happened to his business partner over the past several years?
(a) He has become a religious fanatic.
(b) He has grown weak from a chronic illness.
(c) He has become addicted to cocaine.
(d) He has become an alcoholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true of the Main Character when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
2. Where does the Main Character go in Chapter 1?
3. Who arrives at the Main Character's apartment after he makes his purchase in Chapter 22?
4. What does the Main Character drink in Chapter 9?
5. How does the Main Character react the first time he sees the Girlfriend's ears?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Boss come to gain his power?
2. Describe the Main Character's dream the first time he rides in the Boss's limo.
3. What is the cause of the friction between the Strange Man and the Main Character?
4. What do the woman's beautiful ears indicate about her?
5. Describe the mystery surrounding the Boss's illness.
6. What is revealed about the Main Character through his conversations with J and the Rat's female friend?
7. Why are sheep important in Japan's history?
8. What is the meaning of the chapter title "Wednesday Afternoon Picnic?"
9. Why is the sex between the Main Character and the woman with the beautiful ears important?
10. What is the importance of the Whale's Penis?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)