|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Main Character go to buy supplies after speaking to the Strange Man?
(a) A clothing store.
(b) An outdoors supplier.
(c) A pharmacy.
(d) The grocery store.
2. What does the Main Character realize about his photos at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) There is a slip on a chair in many of the pictures.
(b) He has not taken any photos in three years.
(c) He is not in any of his photos.
(d) His ex-wife cut out any picture of herself.
3. Why does the Strange Man Call the Main Character after his return from the Boss's home?
(a) Because the Boss is getting worse.
(b) Because the Boss has died.
(c) Because the Boss has disappeared.
(d) Because the Boss has recovered.
4. Who tells the Main Character that there are only 5,000 sheep in Japan?
(a) The Girlfriend.
(b) The Limo Driver.
(c) The Boss.
(d) The Strange Man.
5. Whom does the Limo Driver tell the Main Character gave him the important phone number?
(b) The Boss.
(c) The Strange Man.
(d) The Girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Rat send to the Main Character along with his first letter?
2. What does the Strange Man tell the Business Partner to do with the object he gives him?
3. What best describes the Boss?
4. From where does the postmark indicate that the Rat's first letter is sent?
5. What does the Strange Man give to the Business Partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the Main Character a proactive or a reactive person?
2. Describe the Main Character's efforts to connect with others in Chapters 19 through 21.
3. Describe the location of the Boss's home.
4. What does the way the Main Character responds to the death of his former lover in Chapter 1 reveal about him?
5. How does the Main Character react to his return to his hometown?
6. What evidence is there in Chapter 2 that the Main Character and his ex-wife still care for each other?
7. Describe the Rat's relationship to the Main Character.
8. Describe the Main Character's dream the first time he rides in the Boss's limo.
9. What is the significance of the Rat's second letter?
10. How does the Boss come to gain his power?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)