|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Main Character first meet his girlfriend?
(a) Through a mutual friend.
(b) Through work at the ad agency.
(c) In a bar.
(d) Through a dating service.
2. How is the Strange Man dressed?
(a) In a polo shirt and Dockers.
(c) Like a bum.
(d) In a trench coat and gloves.
3. What does the Main Character dream about in the limo on the way to the Boss's house?
(a) The Girlfriend's ears on the Strange Man's head.
(b) Pliers and a talking cow.
(c) The Girlfriends ears sitting on the seat next to him.
(d) A hammer and a talking sheep.
4. What does the Main Character inadvertently steal from the Limo?
(a) A lighter.
(b) The Limo Driver's gloves.
(d) The Limo Driver's pen.
5. Who once incarcerated the Boss?
(a) Guerrilla forces.
(b) Japanese military forces.
(c) Chinese military forces.
(d) Occupation forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political party is under the Boss's control?
2. What does the Rat apologize for in his first letter to the Main Character?
3. Who owns the bar that the Main Character visits in carrying out the Rat's request?
4. What do the Main Character and his business partner first discuss in Chapter 7?
5. What does the bar owner give the Main Character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the way the Main Character responds to the death of his former lover in Chapter 1 reveal about him?
2. Does the Main Character trust his new girlfriend?
3. Describe the relationship between the Main Character and his ex-wife.
4. Describe the location of the Boss's home.
5. How does the Main Character react to his return to his hometown?
6. Is the Boss a respectable person?
7. Why are sheep important in Japan's history?
8. Why does the ex-wife not want the Main Character to deliver her belongings to her new home?
9. Describe the mystery surrounding the Boss's illness.
10. How does the Main Character feel about the death of his former lover?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)