|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Main Character give to the person he meets per the Rat's request?
(b) A Kiss.
(c) A book.
2. How does the Main Character react the first time he sees the Girlfriend's ears?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He thanks her profusely.
(c) He is unable to speak.
(d) He cries.
3. How does the Strange Man respond to the Main Character's attempts at small talk during their phone call in Chapter 22?
(a) He tells him to stop wasting his time.
(b) He urges him to get to the point.
(c) With silence.
(d) He is uncharacteristically friendly.
4. Where do the Sixteen Steps that title Chapter 2 actually lead?
(a) To the Main Character's apartment.
(b) To the roof of the building.
(c) To a wall with no door.
(d) To the laundry room.
5. Whom does the Limo Driver tell the Main Character gave him the important phone number?
(a) The Girlfriend.
(b) The Strange Man.
(c) The Boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Main Character tell the Business Partner he must do in Chapter 23?
2. What does the Main Character eat, while his visitor watches, in Chapter 2?
3. When does the Main Character say that the Girlfriend is most likely to display her ears?
4. What prediction does the Girlfriend make in Chapter 6 that comes true?
5. Where does the opening scene of the novel occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Limo Driver.
2. What is the significance of the Rat's second letter?
3. How does the Strange Man convince the Business Partner to meet his demands?
4. What evidence is there in Chapter 2 that the Main Character and his ex-wife still care for each other?
5. Does the Main Character respect the former lover who dies in Chapter 1?
6. Does the Main Character care about the future of the Business Partner?
7. How does the Strange Man continue to threaten the Main Character in Chapter 22?
8. Describe the Main Character's efforts to connect with others in Chapters 19 through 21.
9. Why is the sex between the Main Character and the woman with the beautiful ears important?
10. What is the meaning of the chapter title "Wednesday Afternoon Picnic?"
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)