|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Main Character tell the Strange Man that he must do in Chapter 23?
(a) Come to the office.
(b) Pay for the medicine.
(c) Watch the cat.
(d) Fire the Limo Driver.
2. Where does the Main Character go to buy supplies after speaking to the Strange Man?
(a) A pharmacy.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) A clothing store.
(d) An outdoors supplier.
3. Whom does the Strange Man demand to speak to?
(a) The person in charge of graphic design.
(b) The person in charge of hiring and firing.
(c) The person in charge of accounting.
(d) The person responsible for an image in the bulletin.
4. How is the Strange Man dressed?
(a) Like a bum.
(b) In a trench coat and gloves.
(d) In a polo shirt and Dockers.
5. For what length of time does the Strange Man tell the Main Character that he will leave him alone?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Eight hours a night.
(c) Not a single moment, until this mission is complete.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character just before she shows him her ears for the first time?
2. What does the Rat apologize for in his first letter to the Main Character?
3. What does the Strange Man tell the Main Character about the object seen through the magnifying glass?
4. What is true of the Main Character when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
5. What time is the Main Character told that the Boss would send a car for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Strange Man.
2. Is the Girlfriend a passive person?
3. Does the Main Character want to go on the mission for the sheep?
4. Does the Main Character flaunt the authority of the Strange Man?
5. How does the Main Character feel about the death of his former lover?
6. Describe the relationship between the Main Character and his ex-wife.
7. What does the way the Main Character responds to the death of his former lover in Chapter 1 reveal about him?
8. How does the Strange Man continue to threaten the Main Character in Chapter 22?
9. How does the Main Character react to his return to his hometown?
10. Does the Main Character trust his new girlfriend?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)