|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Strange Man tell the Business Partner that the company must do?
(a) Start to publish a bulletin that contains specific information.
(b) Stop publishing a certain bulletin.
(c) Hire the person he indicates.
(d) Fire the Girlfriend.
2. What does the Main Character do in Chapter 22 before calling the Strange Man?
(b) Goes for a run.
(c) Takes some cold Medicine.
(d) Finds a public phone.
3. How does the Main Character react the first time he sees the Girlfriend's ears?
(a) He cries.
(b) He thanks her profusely.
(c) He is unable to speak.
(d) He kisses her.
4. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character about her ears?
(a) She rarely displays them.
(b) They bring her great luck.
(c) She gets a high off showing them.
(d) They bring her great misery.
5. What is the name of the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(c) Not revealed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three occupations of the Girlfriend?
2. Why does the Strange Man Call the Main Character after his return from the Boss's home?
3. What does the bar owner give the Main Character?
4. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character just before she shows him her ears for the first time?
5. Who is the second person that the Main Character tries to phone after Limo Driver on his return from the Boss's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the location of the Boss's home.
2. What does the way the Main Character responds to the death of his former lover in Chapter 1 reveal about him?
3. How does the Boss come to gain his power?
4. What do the woman's beautiful ears indicate about her?
5. Describe the Business Partner.
6. What evidence is there in Chapter 2 that the Main Character and his ex-wife still care for each other?
7. Why are sheep important in Japan's history?
8. How does the Strange Man convince the Business Partner to meet his demands?
9. Does the Main Character care about the future of the Business Partner?
10. What is the significance of the Rat's second letter?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)