|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Strange Man say predicted that the death of the Boss due to his brain cyst would occur years ago?
(a) US Army doctors.
(b) The Boss's personal physician.
(c) Japanese doctors.
(d) The Girlfriend.
2. In what year is the Boss's brain cyst discovered?
3. What does the Main Character drink in Chapter 9?
4. Who once incarcerated the Boss?
(a) Chinese military forces.
(b) Occupation forces.
(c) Japanese military forces.
(d) Guerrilla forces.
5. What does the Main Character dream about in the limo on the way to the Boss's house?
(a) The Girlfriends ears sitting on the seat next to him.
(b) The Girlfriend's ears on the Strange Man's head.
(c) Pliers and a talking cow.
(d) A hammer and a talking sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Main Character first meet his girlfriend?
2. What best describes the Boss?
3. How does the Strange Man respond to the Main Character's attempts at small talk during their phone call in Chapter 22?
4. Who is referred to as the Boss?
5. Where does the Main Character go in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Limo Driver.
2. Describe the Business Partner.
3. Is the Girlfriend a passive person?
4. Describe the Main Character's efforts to connect with others in Chapters 19 through 21.
5. Does the Main Character care about the future of the Business Partner?
6. Describe the Main Character's dream the first time he rides in the Boss's limo.
7. How does the Main Character react to his return to his hometown?
8. Describe the location of the Boss's home.
9. Does the Main Character respect the former lover who dies in Chapter 1?
10. What is the importance of the slip in Chapter 3?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)