|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Strange Man say predicted that the death of the Boss due to his brain cyst would occur years ago?
(a) The Boss's personal physician.
(b) Japanese doctors.
(c) The Girlfriend.
(d) US Army doctors.
2. Whom does the Strange Man say he represents?
(a) The Main Character's father.
(b) A friend.
(c) The name on the business card.
(d) The person in the photograph.
3. What does the Main Character drink in Chapter 9?
4. How is the Strange Man dressed?
(a) In a trench coat and gloves.
(b) In a polo shirt and Dockers.
(c) Like a bum.
5. How old was the Main Character when he knew the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) From age five to the present.
(d) From age 18 to the present.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Rat tell the Main Character in his first letter?
2. What does the Strange Man do when the Main Character refuses to tell him what he wants to know in Chapter 17?
3. Who owns the bar that the Main Character visits in carrying out the Rat's request?
4. Who is the second person that the Main Character tries to phone after Limo Driver on his return from the Boss's home?
5. What does the Strange Man tell the Business Partner to do with the object he gives him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does the Main Character flaunt the authority of the Strange Man?
2. Describe the Limo Driver.
3. Does the Main Character trust his new girlfriend?
4. What is revealed about the Main Character through his conversations with J and the Rat's female friend?
5. What is the cause of the friction between the Strange Man and the Main Character?
6. Describe the Business Partner.
7. Describe the location of the Boss's home.
8. How does the Main Character feel about the death of his former lover?
9. What does the way the Main Character responds to the death of his former lover in Chapter 1 reveal about him?
10. Describe the mystery surrounding the Boss's illness.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)