|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of station do the Main Character and the Girlfriend go to in Chapter 24?
2. Where does the Main Character find sheep wool?
(a) In a car in the garage.
(b) In a pillowcase.
(c) In the Girlfriend's suitcase.
(d) Outside the villa.
3. What strategy do the Girlfriend and the Main Character come up with for hunting the sheep?
(a) She will interview locals and he will research sheep.
(b) She will research sheep and he will locate the area of the photo.
(c) She will locate the area of the photo and he will talk to business owners.
(d) She will get maps of the area and he talk to sheep owners.
4. Whom does the Main Character get to agree to pickup himself and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31?
(a) The caretaker's son.
(b) The caretaker.
(c) The livestock inspector.
(d) A mountain guide.
5. What does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character to do before leaving the next day?
(a) Unplug all the appliances.
(b) Copy down the data in the book.
(c) Set the grandfather clock.
(d) Collect all the sheep wool he can.
6. Why does the caretaker admit that he will not take the Main Character and the Girlfriend any further up the mountain road?
(a) He believes it is unlucky.
(b) He has run out of gas.
(c) He has been threatened if he takes them any further.
(d) He has been paid to stop here.
7. What does the Main Character discover at the unlucky bend in the road?
(a) A brand new jeep.
(b) The road is impassable.
(c) The road is now paved.
(d) An old red truck.
8. How does the person who picks up the cat feel about caring for the cat?
(a) Mildly annoyed.
(c) Genuinely pleased.
9. Where does the man begin his part of the search for the sheep?
(a) The postcard section at the bookstore.
(b) Local sheep ranches.
(c) The Ovine Theater.
(d) Travel and tourism places.
10. What happened to the Sheep Professor in 1935?
(a) He created the Sheep.
(b) He observed a friend who was controlled by the Sheep.
(c) He gave the Sheep its powers and its star marking.
(d) He was entered by the Sheep.
11. What does the Main Character discover when he wakes up in Chapter 33?
(a) The Girlfriend is gone.
(b) The Girlfriend is crying.
(c) There is a sheep in the room.
(d) There is an envelope on the table.
12. What does the Main Character find on the mountain road that tells him someone else has been there recently?
(a) A cigarette butt.
(c) Tire marks.
(d) A hat.
13. During the naming discussion in Chapter 24, what object is mentioned as a thing that is not named?
14. Who starts speaking to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38?
(a) The Sheep.
(b) The Girlfriend.
(c) The Rat.
(d) The Boss.
15. Who drives the vehicle that arrives to pick up the cat?
(a) An American with a poor accent.
(b) The Limo Driver.
(c) The Strange Man.
(d) The Business Partner's brother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Main Character find outside of the villa that indicates someone, other than the Rat, has been there?
2. Where do the Girlfriend and the Main Character find a phone book to look up hotels?
3. What was the Dolphin Hotel before it was a hotel?
4. What vehicle is sent to pick up the cat?
5. What does the Main Character find in the Pan-Asian book in the villa?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)