Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Sheep Professor?
(a) A retired professor who live above the bookstore.
(b) The father of the owner of the Ovine Theater.
(c) A retired professor who owns the bookstore.
(d) The father of the owner of the Dolphin Hotel.
2. Who does the caretaker say is living in the home on the sheep ranch that the Main Character visits in Chapter 30?
(a) No one.
(b) The owner of the villa.
(c) The owner of the hotel the couple is staying in.
(d) The Sheep Professor's wife.
3. What vehicle is sent to pick up the cat?
(a) A dilapidated taxicab.
(b) The Strange Man's sleek black sedan.
(c) An animal transport bus.
(d) The Boss's Limo.
4. What does the Main Character discover when he wakes up in Chapter 33?
(a) The Girlfriend is crying.
(b) There is a sheep in the room.
(c) The Girlfriend is gone.
(d) There is an envelope on the table.
5. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend eat after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
(a) They do not eat. They drink beer.
(d) A snack of peanuts and pretzels.
6. Where did the Sheep Professor once work?
(a) The Ministry of Forestry and Agriculture.
(b) The US Army.
(c) The Japanese Secret Service.
(d) The Ministry of Science.
7. Who starts speaking to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38?
(a) The Sheep.
(b) The Rat.
(c) The Boss.
(d) The Girlfriend.
8. What does the person who agrees to pick up the Main Character and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31 warn him?
(a) That the mountain roads will be soft from rain.
(b) That they will be changed after their journey.
(c) That they are travelling into a cursed area.
(d) That it will be a long and arduous journey.
9. What does the Main Character do just before leaving the villa for the last time?
(a) Writes a letter to the Girlfriend.
(b) Takes some books from the shelves.
(c) Collects sheep wool.
(d) Connects the grandfather clock.
10. What do the Main Character, the Girlfriend and the person who comes to pick up the cat discuss early in Chapter 24?
(a) The advertising business.
(b) The superiority of animals over humans.
(c) Messages from God.
(d) The starred sheep.
11. How do the Girlfriend and the Main Character feel about the Limo Driver?
(a) They like him.
(b) They are ambivalent towards him.
(c) They think he is hiding something.
(d) They dislike him.
12. In what condition is the Main Character at the beginning of Chapter 41?
(a) He is sick with a fever and vomiting.
(b) He is drunk and hung-over.
(c) He is sobbing and filled with despair.
(d) He is full of hope for the first time in years.
13. Who admits, after revealing the Rat's situation, to having sent the Girlfriend away?
(a) The Boss.
(b) The Rat.
(c) The Sheep.
(d) The Strange Man.
14. What does the Main Character do on the seventh day of the trip to help locate the Rat?
(a) Calls the female friend of the Rat's.
(b) Asks door to door.
(c) Posts fliers around the town.
(d) Places an ad in the paper.
15. What does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character to do before leaving the next day?
(a) Collect all the sheep wool he can.
(b) Unplug all the appliances.
(c) Copy down the data in the book.
(d) Set the grandfather clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death is revealed by the person the Main Character discovers at the unlucky bend in the road?
2. Why does the caretaker admit that he will not take the Main Character and the Girlfriend any further up the mountain road?
3. Who drives the vehicle that arrives to pick up the cat?
4. What does the Main Character find in the Pan-Asian book in the villa?
5. Who else does the Sheep Professor say has been looking for the Sheep?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)