|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of station do the Main Character and the Girlfriend go to in Chapter 24?
2. Where does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character that the Rat is located?
(a) He says he does not know.
(b) In the garage.
(c) He says the Rat is dead.
(d) At the Dolphin Hotel.
3. Where does the Main Character find sheep wool?
(a) Outside the villa.
(b) In the Girlfriend's suitcase.
(c) In a pillowcase.
(d) In a car in the garage.
4. Where does the man begin his part of the search for the sheep?
(a) Travel and tourism places.
(b) Local sheep ranches.
(c) The postcard section at the bookstore.
(d) The Ovine Theater.
5. Who do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discover is waiting when they arrive at the villa on the mountain?
(a) An older woman.
(b) The Rat.
(c) The Business Partner.
(d) No one.
6. Who is the Sheep Professor?
(a) A retired professor who live above the bookstore.
(b) The father of the owner of the Dolphin Hotel.
(c) A retired professor who owns the bookstore.
(d) The father of the owner of the Ovine Theater.
7. Whose suicide is revealed in Part 8?
(a) The Rat's.
(b) The Girlfriend's.
(c) The Boss's.
(d) The Sheep Man's.
8. What does the Territorial Government name the area where the Sheep Professor's homestead is located?
(a) Honshu Plain Settlement.
(b) Twelve Falls Settlement.
(c) Ovine Valley Settlement.
(d) Tsugaru Settlement.
9. What does the person who agrees to pick up the Main Character and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31 warn him?
(a) That it will be a long and arduous journey.
(b) That they are travelling into a cursed area.
(c) That they will be changed after their journey.
(d) That the mountain roads will be soft from rain.
10. Who says that names are given to things with purpose that are familiar and not mass produced?
(a) The station attendant.
(b) The person who picks up the cat.
(c) The Girlfriend.
(d) The Main Character.
11. What does the Main Character do just before leaving the villa for the last time?
(a) Takes some books from the shelves.
(b) Writes a letter to the Girlfriend.
(c) Connects the grandfather clock.
(d) Collects sheep wool.
12. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend eat after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
(b) A snack of peanuts and pretzels.
(c) They do not eat. They drink beer.
13. What does the Main Character discover when he wakes up in Chapter 33?
(a) The Girlfriend is gone.
(b) There is an envelope on the table.
(c) The Girlfriend is crying.
(d) There is a sheep in the room.
14. What does the caretaker at the ranch tell the Main Character that he must do to the sheep on the day of his visit?
(a) Brand them.
(b) Read to them.
(c) Shear them.
(d) Disinfect them.
15. What is the person who picks up the cat amazed to discover?
(a) It has only one eye.
(b) It has a star on its belly.
(c) It has no tail.
(d) It has no name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Girlfriend and the Main Character find a phone book to look up hotels?
2. Why does the Sheep Man tell the Main Character that he fled to the mountains?
3. Where does the Sheep Professor tell the Main Character and the Girlfriend that it is considered a blessing for a sheep to enter a human?
4. What happened to the Sheep Professor in 1935?
5. Who does the Main Character discover is originally from Hokkaido?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)