|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Sheep Professor?
(a) The father of the owner of the Ovine Theater.
(b) A retired professor who owns the bookstore.
(c) The father of the owner of the Dolphin Hotel.
(d) A retired professor who live above the bookstore.
2. On what basis do the Girlfriend and the Main Character select a hotel to stay in?
(a) The ad in the phone book.
(b) Its name.
(c) Its proximity to their location.
(d) A recommendation from a local.
3. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend observe as they go further up the mountain road?
(a) The road worsens.
(b) There are headstones along the roadside.
(c) Everything has been burned to the ground.
(d) There is a single small hut every few miles.
4. Who do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discover is waiting when they arrive at the villa on the mountain?
(a) No one.
(b) The Business Partner.
(c) The Rat.
(d) An older woman.
5. What type of station do the Main Character and the Girlfriend go to in Chapter 24?
6. What vehicle is sent to pick up the cat?
(a) A dilapidated taxicab.
(b) An animal transport bus.
(c) The Strange Man's sleek black sedan.
(d) The Boss's Limo.
7. What does the Sheep Professor tell Main Character and the Girlfriend that the sheep plans to do?
(a) Turn the running of the world over to the animals.
(b) Kill the Boss and take over Japan.
(c) Transform humanity.
(d) Unite the sheep of the world.
8. Whose death is revealed by the person the Main Character discovers at the unlucky bend in the road?
(a) The Sheep Professor's.
(b) The Business Partner's.
(c) The Girlfriend's.
(d) The Boss's.
9. Why does the Sheep Man tell the Main Character that he fled to the mountains?
(a) To follow the Sheep.
(b) For love.
(c) To avoid the war.
(d) He worked for the Ministry of Forestry and Agriculture.
10. Whom is the Kipper referred to in the name of Chapter 24?
(a) The Main Character's cat.
(b) A childhood friend of the Main Character.
(c) A cat the Girlfriend had as a child.
(d) A famous character from a novel.
11. What happened to the Sheep Professor in 1935?
(a) He was entered by the Sheep.
(b) He created the Sheep.
(c) He gave the Sheep its powers and its star marking.
(d) He observed a friend who was controlled by the Sheep.
12. Who arrives at the villa and tells the Main Character that he has behaved selfishly?
(a) The Business Partner.
(b) The Rat.
(c) A messenger.
(d) The Sheep Man.
13. What best describes the appearance of the Dolphin Hotel?
(a) Old, but well cared for.
(b) Seedy and slightly intimidating.
(c) Old and rundown.
(d) Opulent and beautiful.
14. Where does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character that the Rat is located?
(a) In the garage.
(b) He says the Rat is dead.
(c) He says he does not know.
(d) At the Dolphin Hotel.
15. What was the Dolphin Hotel before it was a hotel?
(a) Ovine Hall.
(b) A public library.
(c) A public clinic.
(d) A brothel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Territorial Government name the area where the Sheep Professor's homestead is located?
2. What does the mirror reveal about the Sheep Man?
3. Whose suicide is revealed in Part 8?
4. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character that she has learned after their first day of research and hunting for the sheep?
5. How do the Girlfriend and the Main Character feel about the Limo Driver?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)