|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the caretaker admit that he will not take the Main Character and the Girlfriend any further up the mountain road?
(a) He believes it is unlucky.
(b) He has run out of gas.
(c) He has been threatened if he takes them any further.
(d) He has been paid to stop here.
2. Where does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character that the Rat is located?
(a) He says he does not know.
(b) In the garage.
(c) He says the Rat is dead.
(d) At the Dolphin Hotel.
3. Who starts speaking to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38?
(a) The Rat.
(b) The Sheep.
(c) The Girlfriend.
(d) The Boss.
4. What does the Main Character find in the Pan-Asian book in the villa?
(a) A large check in his name.
(b) A photograph of himself and the Business Partner.
(c) A recipe.
(d) A list of addresses.
5. Who is the Sheep Professor?
(a) A retired professor who owns the bookstore.
(b) The father of the owner of the Dolphin Hotel.
(c) The father of the owner of the Ovine Theater.
(d) A retired professor who live above the bookstore.
6. Who admits, after revealing the Rat's situation, to having sent the Girlfriend away?
(a) The Boss.
(b) The Rat.
(c) The Sheep.
(d) The Strange Man.
7. Where did the Sheep Professor once work?
(a) The Ministry of Forestry and Agriculture.
(b) The Japanese Secret Service.
(c) The Ministry of Science.
(d) The US Army.
8. Who arrives at the villa and tells the Main Character that he has behaved selfishly?
(a) A messenger.
(b) The Business Partner.
(c) The Sheep Man.
(d) The Rat.
9. What does the Main Character find outside of the villa that indicates someone, other than the Rat, has been there?
(a) A message stapled to a tree.
(b) Sled tracks.
(c) Cigarette butts.
(d) A woman's glove.
10. What does the Main Character discover when he wakes up in Chapter 33?
(a) There is an envelope on the table.
(b) The Girlfriend is gone.
(c) The Girlfriend is crying.
(d) There is a sheep in the room.
11. What does the Territorial Government name the area where the Sheep Professor's homestead is located?
(a) Tsugaru Settlement.
(b) Honshu Plain Settlement.
(c) Ovine Valley Settlement.
(d) Twelve Falls Settlement.
12. What does the Main Character find on the mountain road that tells him someone else has been there recently?
(b) Tire marks.
(c) A cigarette butt.
(d) A hat.
13. What do the Girlfriend and the Main Character do after planning their strategy for hunting the sheep?
(a) Buy and read books on sheep from the bookstore.
(b) Go to a double feature at the theater.
(c) Have dinner with the Sheep Lady.
(d) Interview the manager of the Ovine Theater.
14. Who is buried in the garage?
(a) The Rat.
(b) The Girlfriend.
(c) The Sheep Man.
(d) The Sheep.
15. What does the caretaker at the ranch tell the Main Character that he must do to the sheep on the day of his visit?
(a) Brand them.
(b) Read to them.
(c) Disinfect them.
(d) Shear them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the Sheep Professor?
2. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character that she has learned after their first day of research and hunting for the sheep?
3. What does the person who agrees to pick up the Main Character and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31 warn him?
4. After the couple checks into a hotel in Junitaki, what does the Main character do?
5. What strategy do the Girlfriend and the Main Character come up with for hunting the sheep?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)