|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the Main Character get to agree to pickup himself and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31?
(a) The livestock inspector.
(b) The caretaker's son.
(c) The caretaker.
(d) A mountain guide.
2. What does the caretaker at the ranch tell the Main Character that he must do to the sheep on the day of his visit?
(a) Disinfect them.
(b) Shear them.
(c) Brand them.
(d) Read to them.
3. How do the Girlfriend and the Main Character feel about the Limo Driver?
(a) They like him.
(b) They are ambivalent towards him.
(c) They think he is hiding something.
(d) They dislike him.
4. During the naming discussion in Chapter 24, what object is mentioned as a thing that is not named?
5. What vehicle is sent to pick up the cat?
(a) The Boss's Limo.
(b) A dilapidated taxicab.
(c) The Strange Man's sleek black sedan.
(d) An animal transport bus.
6. What best describes the Sheep Professor?
(a) Bald, short and timid.
(b) Large frame, long white hair and stinky.
(c) Slim with overgrown and graying hair.
(d) Meticulously dressed and formal.
7. Who does the Main Character discover is originally from Hokkaido?
(a) The Boss.
(b) The Business Partner.
(c) The Strange Man.
(d) His grandfather.
8. Where does the Main Character find sheep wool?
(a) In the Girlfriend's suitcase.
(b) Outside the villa.
(c) In a pillowcase.
(d) In a car in the garage.
9. How many head of sheep does the livestock inspector say are in the town of Junitaki?
10. On what basis do the Girlfriend and the Main Character select a hotel to stay in?
(a) The ad in the phone book.
(b) Its proximity to their location.
(c) Its name.
(d) A recommendation from a local.
11. Who do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discover is waiting when they arrive at the villa on the mountain?
(a) The Rat.
(b) No one.
(c) The Business Partner.
(d) An older woman.
12. What does the Main Character find in the Pan-Asian book in the villa?
(a) A recipe.
(b) A photograph of himself and the Business Partner.
(c) A list of addresses.
(d) A large check in his name.
13. Who starts speaking to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38?
(a) The Rat.
(b) The Sheep.
(c) The Girlfriend.
(d) The Boss.
14. What is the Main Character doing on the tenth day of his visit when the Sheep Man returns to the villa?
(a) Playing the guitar.
(c) Scrubbing the floor.
(d) Reading a book.
15. What best describes the appearance of the Dolphin Hotel?
(a) Old, but well cared for.
(b) Seedy and slightly intimidating.
(c) Opulent and beautiful.
(d) Old and rundown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sheep Professor tell Main Character and the Girlfriend that the sheep plans to do?
2. How does the person who picks up the cat feel about caring for the cat?
3. What do the Main Character, the Girlfriend and the person who comes to pick up the cat discuss early in Chapter 24?
4. What does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character to do before leaving the next day?
5. What fantasy does the man have as he is cooking dinner in Chapter 35?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)