|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fantasy does the man have as he is cooking dinner in Chapter 35?
(a) He imagines owning a restaurant.
(b) He imagines marrying the Girlfriend.
(c) He imagines getting on a train.
(d) He imagines cooking dinner for the Rat.
2. Who starts speaking to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38?
(a) The Sheep.
(b) The Rat.
(c) The Boss.
(d) The Girlfriend.
3. Where do the Girlfriend and the Main Character find a phone book to look up hotels?
(a) In a boutique.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At the Ovine Theater.
(d) In the bookstore.
4. What does the Main Character find on the mountain road that tells him someone else has been there recently?
(a) A cigarette butt.
(c) A hat.
(d) Tire marks.
5. Who is the Sheep Professor?
(a) A retired professor who owns the bookstore.
(b) The father of the owner of the Dolphin Hotel.
(c) A retired professor who live above the bookstore.
(d) The father of the owner of the Ovine Theater.
6. How does the person who picks up the cat feel about caring for the cat?
(b) Mildly annoyed.
(d) Genuinely pleased.
7. Where does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character that the Rat is located?
(a) In the garage.
(b) He says the Rat is dead.
(c) At the Dolphin Hotel.
(d) He says he does not know.
8. What best describes the Sheep Professor?
(a) Meticulously dressed and formal.
(b) Bald, short and timid.
(c) Large frame, long white hair and stinky.
(d) Slim with overgrown and graying hair.
9. What does the Sheep Professor tell Main Character and the Girlfriend that the sheep plans to do?
(a) Turn the running of the world over to the animals.
(b) Transform humanity.
(c) Kill the Boss and take over Japan.
(d) Unite the sheep of the world.
10. What does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character to do before leaving the next day?
(a) Set the grandfather clock.
(b) Copy down the data in the book.
(c) Unplug all the appliances.
(d) Collect all the sheep wool he can.
11. Who does the Main Character discover is originally from Hokkaido?
(a) The Strange Man.
(b) The Boss.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) The Business Partner.
12. Who says that names are given to things with purpose that are familiar and not mass produced?
(a) The person who picks up the cat.
(b) The Main Character.
(c) The station attendant.
(d) The Girlfriend.
13. Who does the caretaker say is living in the home on the sheep ranch that the Main Character visits in Chapter 30?
(a) The Sheep Professor's wife.
(b) The owner of the villa.
(c) The owner of the hotel the couple is staying in.
(d) No one.
14. How many head of sheep does the livestock inspector say are in the town of Junitaki?
15. Who is buried in the garage?
(a) The Girlfriend.
(b) The Rat.
(c) The Sheep Man.
(d) The Sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the caretaker admit that he will not take the Main Character and the Girlfriend any further up the mountain road?
2. What does the Main Character find in the Pan-Asian book in the villa?
3. During the naming discussion in Chapter 24, what object is mentioned as a thing that is not named?
4. What does the person whom the Main Character discovers at the unlucky bend in the road admit to having?
5. Who arrives at the villa and tells the Main Character that he has behaved selfishly?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)