|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the villa and tells the Main Character that he has behaved selfishly?
(a) The Sheep Man.
(b) A messenger.
(c) The Rat.
(d) The Business Partner.
2. What does the Main Character find in the Pan-Asian book in the villa?
(a) A recipe.
(b) A large check in his name.
(c) A list of addresses.
(d) A photograph of himself and the Business Partner.
3. After the couple checks into a hotel in Junitaki, what does the Main character do?
(a) Visits the farm next door.
(b) Visits the Town Hall.
(c) Visits the local library.
(d) Talks to the concierge about the locals.
4. What does the person who agrees to pick up the Main Character and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31 warn him?
(a) That it will be a long and arduous journey.
(b) That they are travelling into a cursed area.
(c) That they will be changed after their journey.
(d) That the mountain roads will be soft from rain.
5. Why does the caretaker admit that he will not take the Main Character and the Girlfriend any further up the mountain road?
(a) He has run out of gas.
(b) He believes it is unlucky.
(c) He has been paid to stop here.
(d) He has been threatened if he takes them any further.
6. What does the Main Character do on the seventh day of the trip to help locate the Rat?
(a) Posts fliers around the town.
(b) Asks door to door.
(c) Calls the female friend of the Rat's.
(d) Places an ad in the paper.
7. What does the Sheep Professor tell Main Character and the Girlfriend that the sheep plans to do?
(a) Transform humanity.
(b) Unite the sheep of the world.
(c) Kill the Boss and take over Japan.
(d) Turn the running of the world over to the animals.
8. Where does the couple first take a train to in Chapter 29?
9. During the naming discussion in Chapter 24, what object is mentioned as a thing that is not named?
10. Why does the Sheep Man tell the Main Character that he fled to the mountains?
(a) For love.
(b) He worked for the Ministry of Forestry and Agriculture.
(c) To avoid the war.
(d) To follow the Sheep.
11. Where do the Girlfriend and the Main Character find a phone book to look up hotels?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At the Ovine Theater.
(c) In the bookstore.
(d) In a boutique.
12. What vehicle is sent to pick up the cat?
(a) A dilapidated taxicab.
(b) The Strange Man's sleek black sedan.
(c) The Boss's Limo.
(d) An animal transport bus.
13. What does the mirror reveal about the Sheep Man?
(a) He has no reflection.
(b) His true intentions.
(c) His appearance underneath the sheep costume.
(d) His relationship with the Boss.
14. Where does the Main Character find sheep wool?
(a) Outside the villa.
(b) In a car in the garage.
(c) In a pillowcase.
(d) In the Girlfriend's suitcase.
15. Where do the Girlfriend and the Main Character first go to plan their strategy after exiting their flight?
(a) Their hotel.
(b) A movie theater.
(c) A bar.
(d) A coffee shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character that she has learned after their first day of research and hunting for the sheep?
2. Who admits, after revealing the Rat's situation, to having sent the Girlfriend away?
3. What does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character to do before leaving the next day?
4. Whose death is revealed by the person the Main Character discovers at the unlucky bend in the road?
5. How does the person who picks up the cat feel about caring for the cat?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)