|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Girlfriend and the Main Character find a phone book to look up hotels?
(a) At the Ovine Theater.
(b) In a boutique.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) In the bookstore.
2. What fantasy does the man have as he is cooking dinner in Chapter 35?
(a) He imagines getting on a train.
(b) He imagines cooking dinner for the Rat.
(c) He imagines owning a restaurant.
(d) He imagines marrying the Girlfriend.
3. What does the caretaker at the ranch tell the Main Character that he must do to the sheep on the day of his visit?
(a) Shear them.
(b) Brand them.
(c) Read to them.
(d) Disinfect them.
4. What does the Main Character discover when he wakes up in Chapter 33?
(a) There is a sheep in the room.
(b) The Girlfriend is crying.
(c) The Girlfriend is gone.
(d) There is an envelope on the table.
5. Who does the Main Character discover is originally from Hokkaido?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) The Boss.
(c) The Business Partner.
(d) The Strange Man.
6. On what basis do the Girlfriend and the Main Character select a hotel to stay in?
(a) Its name.
(b) A recommendation from a local.
(c) The ad in the phone book.
(d) Its proximity to their location.
7. What does the Sheep Professor tell Main Character and the Girlfriend that the sheep plans to do?
(a) Turn the running of the world over to the animals.
(b) Unite the sheep of the world.
(c) Kill the Boss and take over Japan.
(d) Transform humanity.
8. What does the Territorial Government name the area where the Sheep Professor's homestead is located?
(a) Tsugaru Settlement.
(b) Twelve Falls Settlement.
(c) Ovine Valley Settlement.
(d) Honshu Plain Settlement.
9. What does the mirror reveal about the Sheep Man?
(a) His true intentions.
(b) His relationship with the Boss.
(c) His appearance underneath the sheep costume.
(d) He has no reflection.
10. What do the Main Character, the Girlfriend and the person who comes to pick up the cat discuss early in Chapter 24?
(a) The advertising business.
(b) The starred sheep.
(c) The superiority of animals over humans.
(d) Messages from God.
11. During the naming discussion in Chapter 24, what object is mentioned as a thing that is not named?
12. Who do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discover is waiting when they arrive at the villa on the mountain?
(a) An older woman.
(b) The Business Partner.
(c) The Rat.
(d) No one.
13. What does the Main Character find on the mountain road that tells him someone else has been there recently?
(b) A hat.
(c) A cigarette butt.
(d) Tire marks.
14. What does the person who speaks to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38 tell him about the Rat?
(a) That the Rat has killed the person who is speaking.
(b) That the Rat is dead.
(c) That the Rat is going to kill him.
(d) That the Rat needs will need his help tomorrow.
15. What does the Main Character find outside of the villa that indicates someone, other than the Rat, has been there?
(a) Cigarette butts.
(b) Sled tracks.
(c) A message stapled to a tree.
(d) A woman's glove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Sheep Professor once work?
2. What does the person who agrees to pick up the Main Character and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31 warn him?
3. What was the Dolphin Hotel before it was a hotel?
4. Where does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character that the Rat is located?
5. After the couple checks into a hotel in Junitaki, what does the Main character do?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)