|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the man begin his part of the search for the sheep?
(a) The Ovine Theater.
(b) The postcard section at the bookstore.
(c) Travel and tourism places.
(d) Local sheep ranches.
2. What does the Territorial Government name the area where the Sheep Professor's homestead is located?
(a) Tsugaru Settlement.
(b) Ovine Valley Settlement.
(c) Twelve Falls Settlement.
(d) Honshu Plain Settlement.
3. Who is the Sheep Professor?
(a) The father of the owner of the Ovine Theater.
(b) A retired professor who live above the bookstore.
(c) A retired professor who owns the bookstore.
(d) The father of the owner of the Dolphin Hotel.
4. How many head of sheep does the livestock inspector say are in the town of Junitaki?
5. Who arrives at the villa and tells the Main Character that he has behaved selfishly?
(a) A messenger.
(b) The Rat.
(c) The Business Partner.
(d) The Sheep Man.
6. Who drives the vehicle that arrives to pick up the cat?
(a) The Strange Man.
(b) The Business Partner's brother-in-law.
(c) The Limo Driver.
(d) An American with a poor accent.
7. What is the person who picks up the cat amazed to discover?
(a) It has a star on its belly.
(b) It has no tail.
(c) It has no name.
(d) It has only one eye.
8. Where do the Girlfriend and the Main Character first go to plan their strategy after exiting their flight?
(a) Their hotel.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) A bar.
9. What does the Main Character find outside of the villa that indicates someone, other than the Rat, has been there?
(a) Cigarette butts.
(b) A woman's glove.
(c) Sled tracks.
(d) A message stapled to a tree.
10. What does the caretaker at the ranch tell the Main Character that he must do to the sheep on the day of his visit?
(a) Read to them.
(b) Disinfect them.
(c) Shear them.
(d) Brand them.
11. What does the person who speaks to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38 tell him about the Rat?
(a) That the Rat is going to kill him.
(b) That the Rat is dead.
(c) That the Rat needs will need his help tomorrow.
(d) That the Rat has killed the person who is speaking.
12. What does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character to do before leaving the next day?
(a) Set the grandfather clock.
(b) Collect all the sheep wool he can.
(c) Copy down the data in the book.
(d) Unplug all the appliances.
13. During the naming discussion in Chapter 24, what object is mentioned as a thing that is not named?
14. Whom does the Main Character get to agree to pickup himself and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31?
(a) The caretaker.
(b) The livestock inspector.
(c) The caretaker's son.
(d) A mountain guide.
15. Where does the Sheep Professor tell the Main Character and the Girlfriend that it is considered a blessing for a sheep to enter a human?
(a) Southern China and Vietnam.
(c) Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam.
(d) Northern China and Mongolia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Sheep Man tell the Main Character that he fled to the mountains?
2. Who does the Main Character discover is originally from Hokkaido?
3. Where did the Sheep Professor once work?
4. Who do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discover is waiting when they arrive at the villa on the mountain?
5. After the couple checks into a hotel in Junitaki, what does the Main character do?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)