|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the caretaker say is living in the home on the sheep ranch that the Main Character visits in Chapter 30?
(a) The Sheep Professor's wife.
(b) The owner of the villa.
(c) The owner of the hotel the couple is staying in.
(d) No one.
2. Where do the Girlfriend and the Main Character find a phone book to look up hotels?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) In the bookstore.
(c) In a boutique.
(d) At the Ovine Theater.
3. What do the Main Character, the Girlfriend and the person who comes to pick up the cat discuss early in Chapter 24?
(a) The advertising business.
(b) The starred sheep.
(c) Messages from God.
(d) The superiority of animals over humans.
4. Who do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discover is waiting when they arrive at the villa on the mountain?
(a) The Rat.
(b) An older woman.
(c) No one.
(d) The Business Partner.
5. What was the Dolphin Hotel before it was a hotel?
(a) A public library.
(b) A public clinic.
(c) A brothel.
(d) Ovine Hall.
6. What does the person whom the Main Character discovers at the unlucky bend in the road admit to having?
(a) A plan to take over the world.
(b) A hostage.
(c) A sixth sense.
(d) A bomb.
7. What does the Sheep Professor tell Main Character and the Girlfriend that the sheep plans to do?
(a) Turn the running of the world over to the animals.
(b) Unite the sheep of the world.
(c) Kill the Boss and take over Japan.
(d) Transform humanity.
8. Where does the Main Character find sheep wool?
(a) Outside the villa.
(b) In a car in the garage.
(c) In a pillowcase.
(d) In the Girlfriend's suitcase.
9. What does the Main Character find on the mountain road that tells him someone else has been there recently?
(a) A cigarette butt.
(b) A hat.
(d) Tire marks.
10. What object does the Main Character discover in a book at the villa while he is waiting for the Rat to arrive?
(a) The ad he submitted seeking the Rat.
(b) The Strange Man's business card.
(c) A paper-thin mirror.
(d) The bulletin with the starred sheep.
11. What best describes the Sheep Professor?
(a) Large frame, long white hair and stinky.
(b) Slim with overgrown and graying hair.
(c) Bald, short and timid.
(d) Meticulously dressed and formal.
12. What is the person who picks up the cat amazed to discover?
(a) It has no name.
(b) It has no tail.
(c) It has a star on its belly.
(d) It has only one eye.
13. Whom does the Main Character get to agree to pickup himself and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31?
(a) The livestock inspector.
(b) The caretaker.
(c) A mountain guide.
(d) The caretaker's son.
14. How does the person who picks up the cat feel about caring for the cat?
(a) Genuinely pleased.
(b) Mildly annoyed.
15. Who does the Main Character discover is originally from Hokkaido?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) The Strange Man.
(c) The Boss.
(d) The Business Partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the caretaker admit that he will not take the Main Character and the Girlfriend any further up the mountain road?
2. After the couple checks into a hotel in Junitaki, what does the Main character do?
3. What do the Girlfriend and the Main Character do after planning their strategy for hunting the sheep?
4. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character that she has learned after their first day of research and hunting for the sheep?
5. Who says that names are given to things with purpose that are familiar and not mass produced?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)