|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the person who picks up the cat feel about caring for the cat?
(c) Genuinely pleased.
(d) Mildly annoyed.
2. What do the Girlfriend and the Main Character do after planning their strategy for hunting the sheep?
(a) Interview the manager of the Ovine Theater.
(b) Go to a double feature at the theater.
(c) Have dinner with the Sheep Lady.
(d) Buy and read books on sheep from the bookstore.
3. What strategy do the Girlfriend and the Main Character come up with for hunting the sheep?
(a) She will research sheep and he will locate the area of the photo.
(b) She will interview locals and he will research sheep.
(c) She will get maps of the area and he talk to sheep owners.
(d) She will locate the area of the photo and he will talk to business owners.
4. Where does the man begin his part of the search for the sheep?
(a) Travel and tourism places.
(b) The Ovine Theater.
(c) Local sheep ranches.
(d) The postcard section at the bookstore.
5. What best describes the appearance of the Dolphin Hotel?
(a) Old and rundown.
(b) Seedy and slightly intimidating.
(c) Opulent and beautiful.
(d) Old, but well cared for.
6. What does the Main Character find on the mountain road that tells him someone else has been there recently?
(a) A hat.
(b) Tire marks.
(c) A cigarette butt.
7. After the couple checks into a hotel in Junitaki, what does the Main character do?
(a) Talks to the concierge about the locals.
(b) Visits the Town Hall.
(c) Visits the farm next door.
(d) Visits the local library.
8. Where does the Sheep Professor tell the Main Character and the Girlfriend that it is considered a blessing for a sheep to enter a human?
(b) Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam.
(c) Northern China and Mongolia.
(d) Southern China and Vietnam.
9. Whom does the Main Character get to agree to pickup himself and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31?
(a) The caretaker.
(b) The livestock inspector.
(c) A mountain guide.
(d) The caretaker's son.
10. What vehicle is sent to pick up the cat?
(a) The Strange Man's sleek black sedan.
(b) An animal transport bus.
(c) A dilapidated taxicab.
(d) The Boss's Limo.
11. What does the Main Character discover at the unlucky bend in the road?
(a) The road is impassable.
(b) The road is now paved.
(c) A brand new jeep.
(d) An old red truck.
12. What does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character to do before leaving the next day?
(a) Collect all the sheep wool he can.
(b) Set the grandfather clock.
(c) Copy down the data in the book.
(d) Unplug all the appliances.
13. Who says that names are given to things with purpose that are familiar and not mass produced?
(a) The person who picks up the cat.
(b) The Main Character.
(c) The station attendant.
(d) The Girlfriend.
14. Whom is the Kipper referred to in the name of Chapter 24?
(a) The Main Character's cat.
(b) A cat the Girlfriend had as a child.
(c) A famous character from a novel.
(d) A childhood friend of the Main Character.
15. Who do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discover is waiting when they arrive at the villa on the mountain?
(a) The Rat.
(b) No one.
(c) An older woman.
(d) The Business Partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the Sheep Professor in 1935?
2. What type of station do the Main Character and the Girlfriend go to in Chapter 24?
3. What do the Main Character, the Girlfriend and the person who comes to pick up the cat discuss early in Chapter 24?
4. Who does the Main Character discover is originally from Hokkaido?
5. Who else does the Sheep Professor say has been looking for the Sheep?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)