|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mirror reveal about the Sheep Man?
(a) He has no reflection.
(b) His relationship with the Boss.
(c) His true intentions.
(d) His appearance underneath the sheep costume.
2. What best describes the appearance of the Dolphin Hotel?
(a) Opulent and beautiful.
(b) Old, but well cared for.
(c) Seedy and slightly intimidating.
(d) Old and rundown.
3. Who drives the vehicle that arrives to pick up the cat?
(a) The Strange Man.
(b) An American with a poor accent.
(c) The Limo Driver.
(d) The Business Partner's brother-in-law.
4. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend observe as they go further up the mountain road?
(a) There is a single small hut every few miles.
(b) There are headstones along the roadside.
(c) The road worsens.
(d) Everything has been burned to the ground.
5. What strategy do the Girlfriend and the Main Character come up with for hunting the sheep?
(a) She will get maps of the area and he talk to sheep owners.
(b) She will locate the area of the photo and he will talk to business owners.
(c) She will research sheep and he will locate the area of the photo.
(d) She will interview locals and he will research sheep.
6. What fantasy does the man have as he is cooking dinner in Chapter 35?
(a) He imagines marrying the Girlfriend.
(b) He imagines cooking dinner for the Rat.
(c) He imagines getting on a train.
(d) He imagines owning a restaurant.
7. Who arrives at the villa and tells the Main Character that he has behaved selfishly?
(a) A messenger.
(b) The Sheep Man.
(c) The Rat.
(d) The Business Partner.
8. Where does the man begin his part of the search for the sheep?
(a) Local sheep ranches.
(b) The postcard section at the bookstore.
(c) The Ovine Theater.
(d) Travel and tourism places.
9. Why does the caretaker admit that he will not take the Main Character and the Girlfriend any further up the mountain road?
(a) He has been threatened if he takes them any further.
(b) He has run out of gas.
(c) He has been paid to stop here.
(d) He believes it is unlucky.
10. What does the Main Character do just before leaving the villa for the last time?
(a) Writes a letter to the Girlfriend.
(b) Connects the grandfather clock.
(c) Collects sheep wool.
(d) Takes some books from the shelves.
11. Where does the Sheep Professor tell the Main Character and the Girlfriend that it is considered a blessing for a sheep to enter a human?
(b) Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam.
(c) Northern China and Mongolia.
(d) Southern China and Vietnam.
12. On what basis do the Girlfriend and the Main Character select a hotel to stay in?
(a) Its proximity to their location.
(b) The ad in the phone book.
(c) Its name.
(d) A recommendation from a local.
13. How does the person who picks up the cat feel about caring for the cat?
(a) Mildly annoyed.
(c) Genuinely pleased.
14. What is the Main Character doing on the tenth day of his visit when the Sheep Man returns to the villa?
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Playing the guitar.
(d) Scrubbing the floor.
15. How many head of sheep does the livestock inspector say are in the town of Junitaki?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Girlfriend and the Main Character feel about the Limo Driver?
2. What does the Main Character discover at the unlucky bend in the road?
3. Who else does the Sheep Professor say has been looking for the Sheep?
4. Why does the Sheep Man tell the Main Character that he fled to the mountains?
5. What do the Main Character, the Girlfriend and the person who comes to pick up the cat discuss early in Chapter 24?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)