|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Main Character do on the seventh day of the trip to help locate the Rat?
(a) Places an ad in the paper.
(b) Calls the female friend of the Rat's.
(c) Asks door to door.
(d) Posts fliers around the town.
2. Whom does the Main Character discover at the unlucky bend in the road?
(a) The Sheep.
(b) The Strange Man.
(c) The Girlfriend.
(d) The Sheep Man.
3. Where did the Sheep Professor once work?
(a) The Japanese Secret Service.
(b) The US Army.
(c) The Ministry of Forestry and Agriculture.
(d) The Ministry of Science.
4. Who says that names are given to things with purpose that are familiar and not mass produced?
(a) The person who picks up the cat.
(b) The Girlfriend.
(c) The station attendant.
(d) The Main Character.
5. What strategy do the Girlfriend and the Main Character come up with for hunting the sheep?
(a) She will research sheep and he will locate the area of the photo.
(b) She will interview locals and he will research sheep.
(c) She will locate the area of the photo and he will talk to business owners.
(d) She will get maps of the area and he talk to sheep owners.
6. Where does the Main Character find sheep wool?
(a) In the Girlfriend's suitcase.
(b) Outside the villa.
(c) In a car in the garage.
(d) In a pillowcase.
7. What does the Main Character find on the mountain road that tells him someone else has been there recently?
(a) A cigarette butt.
(c) A hat.
(d) Tire marks.
8. What fantasy does the man have as he is cooking dinner in Chapter 35?
(a) He imagines marrying the Girlfriend.
(b) He imagines getting on a train.
(c) He imagines cooking dinner for the Rat.
(d) He imagines owning a restaurant.
9. How do the Main Character and the Girlfriend get to the station after the cat is picked up?
(a) They take the Girlfriend's car.
(b) They call a taxicab.
(c) The Strange Man sends a different car for them.
(d) They are taken by the same person who picks up the cat.
10. What happened to the Sheep Professor in 1935?
(a) He was entered by the Sheep.
(b) He created the Sheep.
(c) He gave the Sheep its powers and its star marking.
(d) He observed a friend who was controlled by the Sheep.
11. Who does the caretaker say is living in the home on the sheep ranch that the Main Character visits in Chapter 30?
(a) No one.
(b) The Sheep Professor's wife.
(c) The owner of the hotel the couple is staying in.
(d) The owner of the villa.
12. How do the Girlfriend and the Main Character feel about the Limo Driver?
(a) They think he is hiding something.
(b) They like him.
(c) They are ambivalent towards him.
(d) They dislike him.
13. What does the Main Character find in the Pan-Asian book in the villa?
(a) A photograph of himself and the Business Partner.
(b) A recipe.
(c) A large check in his name.
(d) A list of addresses.
14. What type of station do the Main Character and the Girlfriend go to in Chapter 24?
15. Where do the Girlfriend and the Main Character first go to plan their strategy after exiting their flight?
(a) Their hotel.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) A bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character to do before leaving the next day?
2. Where do the Girlfriend and the Main Character find a phone book to look up hotels?
3. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend observe as they go further up the mountain road?
4. What does the Main Character do just before leaving the villa for the last time?
5. Who is the Sheep Professor?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)