|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Main Character and the Girlfriend get to the station after the cat is picked up?
(a) They are taken by the same person who picks up the cat.
(b) They take the Girlfriend's car.
(c) The Strange Man sends a different car for them.
(d) They call a taxicab.
2. Where does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character that the Rat is located?
(a) In the garage.
(b) At the Dolphin Hotel.
(c) He says he does not know.
(d) He says the Rat is dead.
3. What is the Main Character doing on the tenth day of his visit when the Sheep Man returns to the villa?
(b) Playing the guitar.
(c) Scrubbing the floor.
(d) Reading a book.
4. Who starts speaking to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38?
(a) The Girlfriend.
(b) The Sheep.
(c) The Rat.
(d) The Boss.
5. What does the caretaker at the ranch tell the Main Character that he must do to the sheep on the day of his visit?
(a) Disinfect them.
(b) Read to them.
(c) Brand them.
(d) Shear them.
6. What best describes the Sheep Professor?
(a) Bald, short and timid.
(b) Large frame, long white hair and stinky.
(c) Slim with overgrown and graying hair.
(d) Meticulously dressed and formal.
7. Where does the couple first take a train to in Chapter 29?
8. What does the person whom the Main Character discovers at the unlucky bend in the road admit to having?
(a) A plan to take over the world.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A sixth sense.
(d) A hostage.
9. What fantasy does the man have as he is cooking dinner in Chapter 35?
(a) He imagines getting on a train.
(b) He imagines owning a restaurant.
(c) He imagines cooking dinner for the Rat.
(d) He imagines marrying the Girlfriend.
10. Whom does the Main Character discover at the unlucky bend in the road?
(a) The Sheep Man.
(b) The Sheep.
(c) The Girlfriend.
(d) The Strange Man.
11. What object does the Main Character discover in a book at the villa while he is waiting for the Rat to arrive?
(a) The ad he submitted seeking the Rat.
(b) The bulletin with the starred sheep.
(c) The Strange Man's business card.
(d) A paper-thin mirror.
12. Where does the Sheep Professor tell the Main Character and the Girlfriend that it is considered a blessing for a sheep to enter a human?
(a) Northern China and Mongolia.
(b) Southern China and Vietnam.
(d) Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam.
13. Who does the caretaker say is living in the home on the sheep ranch that the Main Character visits in Chapter 30?
(a) The Sheep Professor's wife.
(b) The owner of the hotel the couple is staying in.
(c) No one.
(d) The owner of the villa.
14. Who drives the vehicle that arrives to pick up the cat?
(a) The Strange Man.
(b) The Business Partner's brother-in-law.
(c) The Limo Driver.
(d) An American with a poor accent.
15. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend eat after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
(a) They do not eat. They drink beer.
(c) A snack of peanuts and pretzels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Girlfriend and the Main Character first go to plan their strategy after exiting their flight?
2. After the couple checks into a hotel in Junitaki, what does the Main character do?
3. On what basis do the Girlfriend and the Main Character select a hotel to stay in?
4. What was the Dolphin Hotel before it was a hotel?
5. What do the Main Character, the Girlfriend and the person who comes to pick up the cat discuss early in Chapter 24?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)