|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Main Character find on the mountain road that tells him someone else has been there recently?
(a) A hat.
(b) Tire marks.
(d) A cigarette butt.
2. How do the Main Character and the Girlfriend get to the station after the cat is picked up?
(a) They call a taxicab.
(b) They are taken by the same person who picks up the cat.
(c) The Strange Man sends a different car for them.
(d) They take the Girlfriend's car.
3. Where did the Sheep Professor once work?
(a) The Ministry of Forestry and Agriculture.
(b) The US Army.
(c) The Ministry of Science.
(d) The Japanese Secret Service.
4. What do the Main Character, the Girlfriend and the person who comes to pick up the cat discuss early in Chapter 24?
(a) Messages from God.
(b) The starred sheep.
(c) The advertising business.
(d) The superiority of animals over humans.
5. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend eat after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
(b) They do not eat. They drink beer.
(c) A snack of peanuts and pretzels.
6. Whom does the Main Character discover at the unlucky bend in the road?
(a) The Sheep.
(b) The Strange Man.
(c) The Sheep Man.
(d) The Girlfriend.
7. Who admits, after revealing the Rat's situation, to having sent the Girlfriend away?
(a) The Boss.
(b) The Rat.
(c) The Strange Man.
(d) The Sheep.
8. Who does the Main Character discover is originally from Hokkaido?
(a) The Strange Man.
(b) The Boss.
(c) The Business Partner.
(d) His grandfather.
9. What best describes the Sheep Professor?
(a) Meticulously dressed and formal.
(b) Slim with overgrown and graying hair.
(c) Large frame, long white hair and stinky.
(d) Bald, short and timid.
10. Why does the Sheep Man tell the Main Character that he fled to the mountains?
(a) For love.
(b) To avoid the war.
(c) He worked for the Ministry of Forestry and Agriculture.
(d) To follow the Sheep.
11. On what basis do the Girlfriend and the Main Character select a hotel to stay in?
(a) The ad in the phone book.
(b) Its proximity to their location.
(c) A recommendation from a local.
(d) Its name.
12. What best describes the appearance of the Dolphin Hotel?
(a) Seedy and slightly intimidating.
(b) Old, but well cared for.
(c) Old and rundown.
(d) Opulent and beautiful.
13. What does the mirror reveal about the Sheep Man?
(a) His true intentions.
(b) His appearance underneath the sheep costume.
(c) His relationship with the Boss.
(d) He has no reflection.
14. Where does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character that the Rat is located?
(a) He says the Rat is dead.
(b) At the Dolphin Hotel.
(c) He says he does not know.
(d) In the garage.
15. How does the person who picks up the cat feel about caring for the cat?
(a) Genuinely pleased.
(b) Mildly annoyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the couple checks into a hotel in Junitaki, what does the Main character do?
2. What does the Territorial Government name the area where the Sheep Professor's homestead is located?
3. What does the Main Character find in the Pan-Asian book in the villa?
4. How do the Girlfriend and the Main Character feel about the Limo Driver?
5. Whom is the Kipper referred to in the name of Chapter 24?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)