|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Sheep Professor?
(a) A retired professor who owns the bookstore.
(b) The father of the owner of the Ovine Theater.
(c) The father of the owner of the Dolphin Hotel.
(d) A retired professor who live above the bookstore.
2. What vehicle is sent to pick up the cat?
(a) The Strange Man's sleek black sedan.
(b) An animal transport bus.
(c) The Boss's Limo.
(d) A dilapidated taxicab.
3. What does the Main Character do on the seventh day of the trip to help locate the Rat?
(a) Posts fliers around the town.
(b) Calls the female friend of the Rat's.
(c) Places an ad in the paper.
(d) Asks door to door.
4. What does the Main Character find outside of the villa that indicates someone, other than the Rat, has been there?
(a) A woman's glove.
(b) Cigarette butts.
(c) Sled tracks.
(d) A message stapled to a tree.
5. What does the mirror reveal about the Sheep Man?
(a) His appearance underneath the sheep costume.
(b) He has no reflection.
(c) His relationship with the Boss.
(d) His true intentions.
6. Who arrives at the villa and tells the Main Character that he has behaved selfishly?
(a) The Sheep Man.
(b) A messenger.
(c) The Rat.
(d) The Business Partner.
7. How do the Girlfriend and the Main Character feel about the Limo Driver?
(a) They dislike him.
(b) They like him.
(c) They think he is hiding something.
(d) They are ambivalent towards him.
8. Who does the caretaker say is living in the home on the sheep ranch that the Main Character visits in Chapter 30?
(a) No one.
(b) The owner of the villa.
(c) The owner of the hotel the couple is staying in.
(d) The Sheep Professor's wife.
9. Where does the Sheep Professor tell the Main Character and the Girlfriend that it is considered a blessing for a sheep to enter a human?
(a) Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam.
(b) Northern China and Mongolia.
(d) Southern China and Vietnam.
10. What best describes the Sheep Professor?
(a) Bald, short and timid.
(b) Meticulously dressed and formal.
(c) Slim with overgrown and graying hair.
(d) Large frame, long white hair and stinky.
11. Where does the couple first take a train to in Chapter 29?
12. What is the person who picks up the cat amazed to discover?
(a) It has no name.
(b) It has no tail.
(c) It has a star on its belly.
(d) It has only one eye.
13. What strategy do the Girlfriend and the Main Character come up with for hunting the sheep?
(a) She will research sheep and he will locate the area of the photo.
(b) She will locate the area of the photo and he will talk to business owners.
(c) She will interview locals and he will research sheep.
(d) She will get maps of the area and he talk to sheep owners.
14. Where did the Sheep Professor once work?
(a) The Ministry of Forestry and Agriculture.
(b) The US Army.
(c) The Japanese Secret Service.
(d) The Ministry of Science.
15. What do the Girlfriend and the Main Character do after planning their strategy for hunting the sheep?
(a) Have dinner with the Sheep Lady.
(b) Interview the manager of the Ovine Theater.
(c) Go to a double feature at the theater.
(d) Buy and read books on sheep from the bookstore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the Main Character get to agree to pickup himself and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31?
2. How does the person who picks up the cat feel about caring for the cat?
3. Who starts speaking to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38?
4. What does the person whom the Main Character discovers at the unlucky bend in the road admit to having?
5. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discuss after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)