|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who speaks to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38 tell him about the Rat?
(a) That the Rat is dead.
(b) That the Rat has killed the person who is speaking.
(c) That the Rat is going to kill him.
(d) That the Rat needs will need his help tomorrow.
2. What does the Main Character find in the Pan-Asian book in the villa?
(a) A recipe.
(b) A large check in his name.
(c) A list of addresses.
(d) A photograph of himself and the Business Partner.
3. Who drives the vehicle that arrives to pick up the cat?
(a) The Limo Driver.
(b) An American with a poor accent.
(c) The Strange Man.
(d) The Business Partner's brother-in-law.
4. What does the Territorial Government name the area where the Sheep Professor's homestead is located?
(a) Ovine Valley Settlement.
(b) Tsugaru Settlement.
(c) Honshu Plain Settlement.
(d) Twelve Falls Settlement.
5. What does the person whom the Main Character discovers at the unlucky bend in the road admit to having?
(a) A plan to take over the world.
(b) A sixth sense.
(c) A hostage.
(d) A bomb.
6. Who is the Sheep Professor?
(a) The father of the owner of the Dolphin Hotel.
(b) A retired professor who owns the bookstore.
(c) The father of the owner of the Ovine Theater.
(d) A retired professor who live above the bookstore.
7. Who is buried in the garage?
(a) The Rat.
(b) The Sheep Man.
(c) The Girlfriend.
(d) The Sheep.
8. What vehicle is sent to pick up the cat?
(a) An animal transport bus.
(b) The Boss's Limo.
(c) A dilapidated taxicab.
(d) The Strange Man's sleek black sedan.
9. Why does the Sheep Man tell the Main Character that he fled to the mountains?
(a) He worked for the Ministry of Forestry and Agriculture.
(b) To avoid the war.
(c) For love.
(d) To follow the Sheep.
10. Where does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character that the Rat is located?
(a) At the Dolphin Hotel.
(b) He says he does not know.
(c) He says the Rat is dead.
(d) In the garage.
11. What is the Main Character doing on the tenth day of his visit when the Sheep Man returns to the villa?
(a) Playing the guitar.
(c) Scrubbing the floor.
(d) Reading a book.
12. What does the Main Character find on the mountain road that tells him someone else has been there recently?
(a) A cigarette butt.
(b) A hat.
(c) Tire marks.
13. Who do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discover is waiting when they arrive at the villa on the mountain?
(a) The Business Partner.
(b) No one.
(c) An older woman.
(d) The Rat.
14. What happened to the Sheep Professor in 1935?
(a) He was entered by the Sheep.
(b) He observed a friend who was controlled by the Sheep.
(c) He created the Sheep.
(d) He gave the Sheep its powers and its star marking.
15. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend observe as they go further up the mountain road?
(a) Everything has been burned to the ground.
(b) There are headstones along the roadside.
(c) The road worsens.
(d) There is a single small hut every few miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Main Character discover is originally from Hokkaido?
2. How does the person who picks up the cat feel about caring for the cat?
3. What do the Girlfriend and the Main Character do after planning their strategy for hunting the sheep?
4. What was the Dolphin Hotel before it was a hotel?
5. What do the Main Character, the Girlfriend and the person who comes to pick up the cat discuss early in Chapter 24?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)