|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the Sheep Professor in 1935?
(a) He was entered by the Sheep.
(b) He gave the Sheep its powers and its star marking.
(c) He created the Sheep.
(d) He observed a friend who was controlled by the Sheep.
2. Whom is the Kipper referred to in the name of Chapter 24?
(a) A famous character from a novel.
(b) A childhood friend of the Main Character.
(c) A cat the Girlfriend had as a child.
(d) The Main Character's cat.
3. What fantasy does the man have as he is cooking dinner in Chapter 35?
(a) He imagines getting on a train.
(b) He imagines marrying the Girlfriend.
(c) He imagines owning a restaurant.
(d) He imagines cooking dinner for the Rat.
4. Who does the caretaker say is living in the home on the sheep ranch that the Main Character visits in Chapter 30?
(a) The Sheep Professor's wife.
(b) The owner of the villa.
(c) No one.
(d) The owner of the hotel the couple is staying in.
5. Who does the Main Character discover is originally from Hokkaido?
(a) The Business Partner.
(b) The Strange Man.
(c) The Boss.
(d) His grandfather.
6. Where did the Sheep Professor once work?
(a) The US Army.
(b) The Japanese Secret Service.
(c) The Ministry of Forestry and Agriculture.
(d) The Ministry of Science.
7. What type of station do the Main Character and the Girlfriend go to in Chapter 24?
8. What does the Main Character find on the mountain road that tells him someone else has been there recently?
(a) A cigarette butt.
(c) Tire marks.
(d) A hat.
9. Who starts speaking to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38?
(a) The Sheep.
(b) The Boss.
(c) The Rat.
(d) The Girlfriend.
10. Who is buried in the garage?
(a) The Rat.
(b) The Girlfriend.
(c) The Sheep Man.
(d) The Sheep.
11. What does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character to do before leaving the next day?
(a) Copy down the data in the book.
(b) Unplug all the appliances.
(c) Set the grandfather clock.
(d) Collect all the sheep wool he can.
12. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend eat after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
(a) They do not eat. They drink beer.
(b) A snack of peanuts and pretzels.
13. How do the Main Character and the Girlfriend get to the station after the cat is picked up?
(a) They are taken by the same person who picks up the cat.
(b) They call a taxicab.
(c) They take the Girlfriend's car.
(d) The Strange Man sends a different car for them.
14. What does the Main Character do on the seventh day of the trip to help locate the Rat?
(a) Places an ad in the paper.
(b) Posts fliers around the town.
(c) Calls the female friend of the Rat's.
(d) Asks door to door.
15. Who drives the vehicle that arrives to pick up the cat?
(a) The Strange Man.
(b) An American with a poor accent.
(c) The Business Partner's brother-in-law.
(d) The Limo Driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vehicle is sent to pick up the cat?
2. What does the caretaker at the ranch tell the Main Character that he must do to the sheep on the day of his visit?
3. What object does the Main Character discover in a book at the villa while he is waiting for the Rat to arrive?
4. Where does the man begin his part of the search for the sheep?
5. Who is the Sheep Professor?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)