|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who speaks to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38 tell him about the Rat?
(a) That the Rat has killed the person who is speaking.
(b) That the Rat is dead.
(c) That the Rat is going to kill him.
(d) That the Rat needs will need his help tomorrow.
2. Where does the Main Character find sheep wool?
(a) In a car in the garage.
(b) Outside the villa.
(c) In a pillowcase.
(d) In the Girlfriend's suitcase.
3. What does the mirror reveal about the Sheep Man?
(a) His relationship with the Boss.
(b) He has no reflection.
(c) His true intentions.
(d) His appearance underneath the sheep costume.
4. During the naming discussion in Chapter 24, what object is mentioned as a thing that is not named?
5. Who admits, after revealing the Rat's situation, to having sent the Girlfriend away?
(a) The Strange Man.
(b) The Sheep.
(c) The Boss.
(d) The Rat.
6. In what condition is the Main Character at the beginning of Chapter 41?
(a) He is full of hope for the first time in years.
(b) He is drunk and hung-over.
(c) He is sick with a fever and vomiting.
(d) He is sobbing and filled with despair.
7. Who drives the vehicle that arrives to pick up the cat?
(a) The Strange Man.
(b) The Limo Driver.
(c) The Business Partner's brother-in-law.
(d) An American with a poor accent.
8. Why does the caretaker admit that he will not take the Main Character and the Girlfriend any further up the mountain road?
(a) He has been threatened if he takes them any further.
(b) He has run out of gas.
(c) He has been paid to stop here.
(d) He believes it is unlucky.
9. Where does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character that the Rat is located?
(a) He says the Rat is dead.
(b) He says he does not know.
(c) At the Dolphin Hotel.
(d) In the garage.
10. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discuss after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
(a) Time saved by their mode of transportation.
(b) The Girlfriend's ears.
(c) God's inefficiencies.
(d) The downfalls of naming a child.
11. What best describes the appearance of the Dolphin Hotel?
(a) Old and rundown.
(b) Opulent and beautiful.
(c) Old, but well cared for.
(d) Seedy and slightly intimidating.
12. What happened to the Sheep Professor in 1935?
(a) He observed a friend who was controlled by the Sheep.
(b) He gave the Sheep its powers and its star marking.
(c) He created the Sheep.
(d) He was entered by the Sheep.
13. Whom does the Main Character discover at the unlucky bend in the road?
(a) The Sheep Man.
(b) The Strange Man.
(c) The Girlfriend.
(d) The Sheep.
14. What is the person who picks up the cat amazed to discover?
(a) It has no tail.
(b) It has no name.
(c) It has a star on its belly.
(d) It has only one eye.
15. What is the Main Character doing on the tenth day of his visit when the Sheep Man returns to the villa?
(a) Scrubbing the floor.
(c) Playing the guitar.
(d) Reading a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Territorial Government name the area where the Sheep Professor's homestead is located?
2. What does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character to do before leaving the next day?
3. What does the Main Character discover when he wakes up in Chapter 33?
4. What object does the Main Character discover in a book at the villa while he is waiting for the Rat to arrive?
5. Who is the Sheep Professor?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)