|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sheep Professor tell Main Character and the Girlfriend that the sheep plans to do?
(a) Turn the running of the world over to the animals.
(b) Unite the sheep of the world.
(c) Transform humanity.
(d) Kill the Boss and take over Japan.
2. Whom is the Kipper referred to in the name of Chapter 24?
(a) A cat the Girlfriend had as a child.
(b) The Main Character's cat.
(c) A childhood friend of the Main Character.
(d) A famous character from a novel.
3. After the couple checks into a hotel in Junitaki, what does the Main character do?
(a) Visits the local library.
(b) Visits the farm next door.
(c) Talks to the concierge about the locals.
(d) Visits the Town Hall.
4. How do the Girlfriend and the Main Character feel about the Limo Driver?
(a) They dislike him.
(b) They are ambivalent towards him.
(c) They think he is hiding something.
(d) They like him.
5. Who arrives at the villa and tells the Main Character that he has behaved selfishly?
(a) A messenger.
(b) The Rat.
(c) The Business Partner.
(d) The Sheep Man.
6. What do the Girlfriend and the Main Character do after planning their strategy for hunting the sheep?
(a) Buy and read books on sheep from the bookstore.
(b) Interview the manager of the Ovine Theater.
(c) Have dinner with the Sheep Lady.
(d) Go to a double feature at the theater.
7. Who else does the Sheep Professor say has been looking for the Sheep?
(a) A demanding Japanese woman.
(b) The Rat.
(c) The Strange Man.
(d) A friendly limo driver.
8. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character that she has learned after their first day of research and hunting for the sheep?
(a) The government will not disclose their tracking data.
(b) The government has stopped tracking sheep.
(c) Some local maps have blacked out portions.
(d) There are no maps of a certain area of this region.
9. Who drives the vehicle that arrives to pick up the cat?
(a) An American with a poor accent.
(b) The Business Partner's brother-in-law.
(c) The Limo Driver.
(d) The Strange Man.
10. What does the Main Character find outside of the villa that indicates someone, other than the Rat, has been there?
(a) A woman's glove.
(b) Sled tracks.
(c) A message stapled to a tree.
(d) Cigarette butts.
11. What does the Main Character find on the mountain road that tells him someone else has been there recently?
(a) Tire marks.
(b) A hat.
(d) A cigarette butt.
12. How do the Main Character and the Girlfriend get to the station after the cat is picked up?
(a) They are taken by the same person who picks up the cat.
(b) They take the Girlfriend's car.
(c) The Strange Man sends a different car for them.
(d) They call a taxicab.
13. Why does the caretaker admit that he will not take the Main Character and the Girlfriend any further up the mountain road?
(a) He believes it is unlucky.
(b) He has run out of gas.
(c) He has been threatened if he takes them any further.
(d) He has been paid to stop here.
14. What does the caretaker at the ranch tell the Main Character that he must do to the sheep on the day of his visit?
(a) Disinfect them.
(b) Brand them.
(c) Read to them.
(d) Shear them.
15. What does the Main Character discover at the unlucky bend in the road?
(a) A brand new jeep.
(b) The road is impassable.
(c) An old red truck.
(d) The road is now paved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the man begin his part of the search for the sheep?
2. What is the person who picks up the cat amazed to discover?
3. How does the person who picks up the cat feel about caring for the cat?
4. Where does the Main Character find sheep wool?
5. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discuss after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)