|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Main Character realize about his photos at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) His ex-wife cut out any picture of herself.
(b) He has not taken any photos in three years.
(c) He is not in any of his photos.
(d) There is a slip on a chair in many of the pictures.
2. What does the Main Character find in the back of the limo that the Strange Man sends to pick him up and bring him to the Boss?
(a) A lighter with a sheep emblem.
(b) A lighter with a worm emblem.
(c) A travel mug with a sheep emblem.
(d) A travel mug with a worm emblem.
3. Whom does the Strange Man demand to speak to?
(a) The person in charge of accounting.
(b) The person in charge of hiring and firing.
(c) The person responsible for an image in the bulletin.
(d) The person in charge of graphic design.
4. What does the Rat apologize for in his first letter to the Main Character?
(a) For sleeping with the Main Character's ex-wife.
(b) For leaving when their mother was ill.
(c) For leaving town without saying goodbye.
(d) For their last fight.
5. How does the Strange Man respond to the Main Character's attempts at small talk during their phone call in Chapter 22?
(a) He tells him to stop wasting his time.
(b) With silence.
(c) He urges him to get to the point.
(d) He is uncharacteristically friendly.
6. What political party is under the Boss's control?
(a) The conservative party.
(b) The socialist party.
(c) The liberal party.
(d) The Pan-Asian party.
7. Who arrives at the Main Character's apartment after he makes his purchase in Chapter 22?
(a) The Strange Man.
(b) The Rat.
(c) The ex-wife.
(d) The Girlfriend.
8. Where does the opening scene of the novel occur?
(d) An unnamed village in Japan.
9. What symptoms does the Boss exhibit of the brain cyst and the required medications?
(a) Nausea and a rash.
(b) Fatigue and difficulty breathing.
(c) Headaches and hallucinations.
(d) Dizziness and Depression.
10. What does the Main Character say about honest work in Chapter 7?
(a) It is good for the soul.
(b) It does not exist.
(c) It is available only to the poor.
(d) It is not profitable.
11. From where does the Main Character phone his business partner in Chapter 23?
(a) His apartment.
(b) A nearby bar.
(c) A grungy public phone.
(d) The office.
12. Where does the Main Character go after leaving the Limo Driver on his return from the Boss's home?
(a) An airport lobby.
(b) His office.
(c) A hotel bar.
(d) A library.
13. How does the Main Character first meet his girlfriend?
(a) In a bar.
(b) Through work at the ad agency.
(c) Through a mutual friend.
(d) Through a dating service.
14. What does the Main Character buy after speaking with the Strange Man in Chapter 22?
(a) Warm clothes.
(c) Batteries and a flashlight.
15. What does the Main Character inadvertently steal from the Limo?
(b) A lighter.
(c) The Limo Driver's gloves.
(d) The Limo Driver's pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Main Character tell the Strange Man that he must do in Chapter 23?
2. What is true of the Main Character when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
3. What do the Main Character and his business partner first discuss in Chapter 7?
4. What does the Strange Man tell the Business Partner to do with the object he gives him?
5. What does the person who is at the Main Character's apartment in Chapter 2 tell him?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)