|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Strange Man believe is really the Boss's problem?
(a) The Rat has taken over his body.
(b) A sheep has taken over his body.
(c) The US military has taken over his body.
(d) The Japanese government has taken over his body.
2. What does the Rat tell the Main Character in his first letter?
(a) About the women he has slept with.
(b) About the towns he has traveled to.
(c) About his courses at the University.
(d) About the pictures he is painting.
3. What is in the photograph that the Main Character used in the bulletin?
(a) A famous and powerful man.
(b) Worms digging in dirt.
(c) The Girlfriend and the Boss.
(d) A herd of sheep.
4. What music does the Main Character recall hearing during his time with the person who dies were together?
(b) Patsy Cline and Johnny Cash.
(c) Swing Music.
(d) The Doors, the Stones, and the Moody Blues.
5. What does the Strange Man tell the Business Partner to do with the object he gives him?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Locks it in a safe.
(c) Gives it to the Main Character.
(d) Memorizes it.
6. Who does the Strange Man say drew the image he shows to the Main Character in Chapter 18?
(a) The Rat.
(b) The Girlfriend.
(c) The Boss.
(d) The Strange Man.
7. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character just before she shows him her ears for the first time?
(a) That he will be at her command.
(b) That he must stay with her for a few months.
(c) That they must make love immediately.
(d) That she cannot be responsible for his sorrow.
8. What does the Main Character do when he cannot reach either of the two people he tries to phone after returning from the Boss's home?
(a) Calls a taxi.
(b) Buys some wool socks.
(c) Goes to a movie.
(d) Orders more beer.
9. What does the Rat refuse to give to the Main Character in his first letter?
(a) The dreams he is having.
(b) The name of his new wife.
(c) His address.
(d) The money he owes him.
10. What does the Rat send to the Main Character along with his first letter?
(a) An advertisement and a stamp.
(b) An addressed and stamped envelope.
(c) A novel.
(d) A lighter.
11. What does the Main Character tell the Business Partner he must do in Chapter 23?
(a) Quit drinking.
(b) Hire an assistant.
(c) Watch the cat.
(d) Take care of the books.
12. What does the Main Character eat, while his visitor watches, in Chapter 2?
(b) An apple.
13. What does the Strange Man tell the Business Partner that the company must do?
(a) Start to publish a bulletin that contains specific information.
(b) Stop publishing a certain bulletin.
(c) Fire the Girlfriend.
(d) Hire the person he indicates.
14. What does the Main Character dream about in the limo on the way to the Boss's house?
(a) The Girlfriend's ears on the Strange Man's head.
(b) Pliers and a talking cow.
(c) A hammer and a talking sheep.
(d) The Girlfriends ears sitting on the seat next to him.
15. Where does the bar owner suggest that the Main Character stay while he is in town?
(a) With the Rat's family.
(b) With the Main Character's family.
(c) With the bar owner.
(d) With the Rat's friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Strange Man respond to the Main Character's attempts at small talk during their phone call in Chapter 22?
2. Why does the Strange Man give the Main Character a magnifying glass?
3. What prediction does the Girlfriend make in Chapter 6 that comes true?
4. What does the Main Character buy after speaking with the Strange Man in Chapter 22?
5. What do the Main Character and his business partner first discuss in Chapter 7?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)