|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who is at the Main Character's apartment in Chapter 2 tell him?
(a) That he is invited to a party.
(b) That she still loves him.
(c) That he owes money.
(d) That he is selfish.
2. Who does the Strange Man say drew the image he shows to the Main Character in Chapter 18?
(a) The Boss.
(b) The Rat.
(c) The Girlfriend.
(d) The Strange Man.
3. Why does the Main Character say that his relationship with his ex-wife is over?
(a) The Main Character is moving.
(b) She is leaving his best friend.
(c) She had an affair with his best friend.
(d) The Main Character is dying.
4. What illness does the Boss have?
(a) Multiple Sclerosis.
(b) Lung Cancer.
(d) A brain hemorrhage.
5. What political party is under the Boss's control?
(a) The liberal party.
(b) The conservative party.
(c) The socialist party.
(d) The Pan-Asian party.
6. How does the Main Character first meet his girlfriend?
(a) Through a mutual friend.
(b) In a bar.
(c) Through work at the ad agency.
(d) Through a dating service.
7. What does the Strange Man tell the Main Character about the object seen through the magnifying glass?
(a) It puts the Rat in grave danger.
(b) It implicates the Main Character.
(c) It does not exist.
(d) It is part of a sacred text.
8. What time does the Strange Man arrive at the office?
(a) 11 PM.
(b) 9 AM.
(c) 11 AM.
(d) 3:15 PM.
9. What does the Main Character tell the Strange Man that he must do in Chapter 23?
(a) Pay for the medicine.
(b) Watch the cat.
(c) Fire the Limo Driver.
(d) Come to the office.
10. How does the Strange Man respond to the Main Character's attempts at small talk during their phone call in Chapter 22?
(a) He is uncharacteristically friendly.
(b) He tells him to stop wasting his time.
(c) He urges him to get to the point.
(d) With silence.
11. How much money does the Main Character have from the Strange Man?
(a) 500 thousand yen notes.
(b) 20,000 American dollars.
(c) 150 ten thousand yen notes.
(d) 1,000 American dollars.
12. What losses do the Strange Man and the Main Character discuss in Chapter 17?
(a) The Boss's losses due to his health problem.
(b) Business losses due to pulling the sheep bulletin.
(c) The implied loss of the Main Character's life.
(d) Losses of loved ones.
13. What best describes the mental state of the Main Character at the time he knew the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(d) Angst ridden.
14. Who is at the Main Character's apartment when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
(a) His friend.
(b) The postman.
(c) His sister-in-law.
(d) His ex-wife.
15. Who is referred to as the Boss?
(a) The man behind the political structure of Japan.
(b) The man behind the largest liberal political party in Japan.
(c) The man behind the largest corporation in Japan.
(d) The man behind a mysterious Internet based business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Main Character go to buy supplies after speaking to the Strange Man?
2. What does the Main Character drink in Chapter 9?
3. Who arrives at the Main Character's apartment after he makes his purchase in Chapter 22?
4. When does the Main Character say that the Girlfriend is most likely to display her ears?
5. Who is the second person that the Main Character tries to phone after Limo Driver on his return from the Boss's home?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)