|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Rat tell the Main Character in his first letter?
(a) About his courses at the University.
(b) About the towns he has traveled to.
(c) About the pictures he is painting.
(d) About the women he has slept with.
2. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character about her ears?
(a) She rarely displays them.
(b) She gets a high off showing them.
(c) They bring her great misery.
(d) They bring her great luck.
3. What does the Main Character do in Chapter 3 after his unexpected visitor leaves?
(b) Goes through his closet.
(c) Opens his package.
4. What does the Main Character say has happened to his business partner over the past several years?
(a) He has become an alcoholic.
(b) He has become a religious fanatic.
(c) He has become addicted to cocaine.
(d) He has grown weak from a chronic illness.
5. What does the Main Character give to the person he meets per the Rat's request?
(a) A Kiss.
(b) A book.
6. What does the Strange Man do as he waits for the Business Partner to arrive?
(a) Types on his laptop.
(b) Waits motionless.
(c) Talks on his phone.
(d) Stares at the receptionist.
7. What does the Rat include in his second letter to the Main Character?
(a) A picture and a check.
(b) A bulletin.
(c) A postcard.
(d) An obituary and cash.
8. Who arrives at the Main Character's apartment after he makes his purchase in Chapter 22?
(a) The ex-wife.
(b) The Girlfriend.
(c) The Strange Man.
(d) The Rat.
9. Where does the Main Character go to buy supplies after speaking to the Strange Man?
(a) A clothing store.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) A pharmacy.
(d) An outdoors supplier.
10. What losses do the Strange Man and the Main Character discuss in Chapter 17?
(a) Losses of loved ones.
(b) Business losses due to pulling the sheep bulletin.
(c) The implied loss of the Main Character's life.
(d) The Boss's losses due to his health problem.
11. What does the Strange Man do when the Main Character refuses to tell him what he wants to know in Chapter 17?
(a) Threatens him.
(b) Throws a lighter at him.
(c) Tears up a check.
(d) Shows him a different photograph.
12. What is true of the Limo Driver?
(a) He is an Olympic athlete.
(b) He is a champion poker player.
(c) He is an atheist.
(d) He is a devout Christian.
13. What does the Main Character see when he uses the magnifying glass?
(a) A starred sheep.
(b) Hidden text.
(c) A picture of the Rat.
(d) The Rat's signature.
14. What does the Main Character inadvertently steal from the Limo?
(a) The Limo Driver's pen.
(b) The Limo Driver's gloves.
(c) A lighter.
15. How does the Main Character react the first time he sees the Girlfriend's ears?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He cries.
(c) He is unable to speak.
(d) He thanks her profusely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is the Main Character told that the Boss would send a car for him?
2. What is the trilateral power base that the Boss is said to control?
3. What is true of the Main Character when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
4. What does the Business Partner believe about the business?
5. Whom does the Strange Man demand to speak to?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)