|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Main Character tell the Strange Man he fears losing?
(a) His business.
(c) His mind.
2. Where does the Main Character go after leaving the Limo Driver on his return from the Boss's home?
(a) His office.
(b) A hotel bar.
(c) A library.
(d) An airport lobby.
3. What does the Main Character do in Chapter 22 before calling the Strange Man?
(a) Goes for a run.
(b) Takes some cold Medicine.
(c) Finds a public phone.
4. What does the Rat apologize for in his first letter to the Main Character?
(a) For leaving town without saying goodbye.
(b) For leaving when their mother was ill.
(c) For their last fight.
(d) For sleeping with the Main Character's ex-wife.
5. What are the three occupations of the Girlfriend?
(a) Model, proofreader, and call girl.
(b) Graphic designer, psychic, and dog walker.
(c) Delivery person, Feng Shui advisor, and operator.
(d) Teacher, accountant, and sales clerk.
6. What does the Main Character buy after speaking with the Strange Man in Chapter 22?
(a) Batteries and a flashlight.
(b) Warm clothes.
7. Why does the Strange Man give the Main Character a magnifying glass?
(a) To look at the sheep photograph.
(b) To look at a document.
(c) To burn bugs.
(d) As a form of protection.
8. What best describes the Girlfriend's feelings about her ears?
(a) She is greatly embarrassed by them.
(b) She is very proud of them.
(c) That they are separate from the rest of her.
(d) That they are her only source of beauty.
9. What does the Strange Man give to the Business Partner?
(a) A list of demands.
(b) A pen.
(c) An incriminating photograph.
(d) A business card.
10. Whom does the Rat ask the Main Character to visit for him?
(a) A female friend.
(b) His mother.
(c) An old man.
(d) A religious man.
11. What does the Main Character dream about in the limo on the way to the Boss's house?
(a) The Girlfriend's ears on the Strange Man's head.
(b) Pliers and a talking cow.
(c) The Girlfriends ears sitting on the seat next to him.
(d) A hammer and a talking sheep.
12. What does the Rat refuse to give to the Main Character in his first letter?
(a) The dreams he is having.
(b) The name of his new wife.
(c) His address.
(d) The money he owes him.
13. What symptoms does the Boss exhibit of the brain cyst and the required medications?
(a) Nausea and a rash.
(b) Fatigue and difficulty breathing.
(c) Headaches and hallucinations.
(d) Dizziness and Depression.
14. Who is referred to as the Boss?
(a) The man behind the political structure of Japan.
(b) The man behind the largest liberal political party in Japan.
(c) The man behind the largest corporation in Japan.
(d) The man behind a mysterious Internet based business.
15. What does the Main Character eat, while his visitor watches, in Chapter 2?
(a) An apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true of the Main Character when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
2. What does the Strange Man give to the Main Character in Chapter 18 before telling him to leave?
3. Where does the Main Character go to buy supplies after speaking to the Strange Man?
4. Why does the Main Character say that his relationship with his ex-wife is over?
5. How old is the Girlfriend as noted in Chapter 4?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)