|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(d) Not revealed.
2. What does the Main Character see when he uses the magnifying glass?
(a) Hidden text.
(b) A picture of the Rat.
(c) A starred sheep.
(d) The Rat's signature.
3. What does the Rat send to the Main Character along with his first letter?
(a) A novel.
(b) A lighter.
(c) An advertisement and a stamp.
(d) An addressed and stamped envelope.
4. What does the Main Character tell the Strange Man that he must do in Chapter 23?
(a) Pay for the medicine.
(b) Fire the Limo Driver.
(c) Come to the office.
(d) Watch the cat.
5. Where is the location of the photograph that the Main Character used in the bulletin?
(a) Tokyo, Japan.
(c) Hokkaido, Japan.
6. Where does the Rat's second letter tell the Main Character is his final destination?
(a) On a farm.
(b) In a city.
(c) On an island.
(d) In the mountains.
7. From where does the postmark indicate that the Rat's first letter is sent?
(d) The United States.
8. What does the Main Character give to the person he meets per the Rat's request?
(b) A book.
(c) A Kiss.
9. Who does the Strange Man say drew the image he shows to the Main Character in Chapter 18?
(a) The Girlfriend.
(b) The Boss.
(c) The Rat.
(d) The Strange Man.
10. What is true of the Limo Driver?
(a) He is an atheist.
(b) He is an Olympic athlete.
(c) He is a devout Christian.
(d) He is a champion poker player.
11. What does the Main Character buy after speaking with the Strange Man in Chapter 22?
(c) Warm clothes.
(d) Batteries and a flashlight.
12. What does the Strange Man tell the Business Partner that the company must do?
(a) Hire the person he indicates.
(b) Stop publishing a certain bulletin.
(c) Start to publish a bulletin that contains specific information.
(d) Fire the Girlfriend.
13. How does the Main Character react the first time he sees the Girlfriend's ears?
(a) He is unable to speak.
(b) He cries.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He thanks her profusely.
14. Where does the Main Character first meet the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) At primary school.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) At work.
15. What symptoms does the Boss exhibit of the brain cyst and the required medications?
(a) Dizziness and Depression.
(b) Headaches and hallucinations.
(c) Fatigue and difficulty breathing.
(d) Nausea and a rash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Limo Driver give to the Main Character?
2. What does the Strange Man tell the Main Character about the object seen through the magnifying glass?
3. What time does the Strange Man arrive at the office?
4. What best describes the Boss?
5. How does the Main Character first learn of the death in Chapter 1?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)