|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Strange Man want the Main Character to tell him in Chapter 17?
(a) The Rat's location.
(b) How he met the Girlfriend.
(c) How he met the Rat.
(d) Where he obtained the sheep photo.
2. What does the Main Character buy after speaking with the Strange Man in Chapter 22?
(a) Batteries and a flashlight.
(d) Warm clothes.
3. What does the Rat send to the Main Character along with his first letter?
(a) A lighter.
(b) A novel.
(c) An advertisement and a stamp.
(d) An addressed and stamped envelope.
4. What does the Business Partner believe about the business?
(a) That it is going to be audited.
(b) That it is failing.
(c) That it is overextended.
(d) That it has great potential.
5. Why does the Main Character say that his relationship with his ex-wife is over?
(a) She had an affair with his best friend.
(b) She is leaving his best friend.
(c) The Main Character is dying.
(d) The Main Character is moving.
6. What does the Main Character give to the person he meets per the Rat's request?
(b) A Kiss.
(c) A book.
7. Who is referred to as the Boss?
(a) The man behind the largest liberal political party in Japan.
(b) The man behind the political structure of Japan.
(c) The man behind a mysterious Internet based business.
(d) The man behind the largest corporation in Japan.
8. Who tells the Main Character that there are only 5,000 sheep in Japan?
(a) The Girlfriend.
(b) The Boss.
(c) The Strange Man.
(d) The Limo Driver.
9. Whose phone number does the Limo Driver say he has?
(b) The Girlfriend's.
(c) The Boss's.
(d) The Prime Minister's.
10. Whom does the Main Character live with?
(a) No one.
(b) His cat.
(c) An unseen roommate.
(d) His father.
11. What prediction does the Girlfriend make in Chapter 6 that comes true?
(a) That the Main Character will have a visitor.
(b) That the Main Character will get violently ill.
(c) That the Main Character will receive a package.
(d) That the Main Character will get a phone call.
12. What symptoms does the Boss exhibit of the brain cyst and the required medications?
(a) Dizziness and Depression.
(b) Fatigue and difficulty breathing.
(c) Nausea and a rash.
(d) Headaches and hallucinations.
13. Who tells the Main Character about a sheep in Chapter 6?
(a) A messenger.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) The business partner.
(d) His neighbor.
14. Who is the second person that the Main Character tries to phone after Limo Driver on his return from the Boss's home?
(a) The Business Partner.
(b) The Girlfriend.
(d) His ex-wife.
15. Where does the Main Character say he saw a whale's penis?
(a) In a National Geographic.
(b) In a documentary.
(c) In a museum.
(d) On the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true of the Main Character when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
2. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character about her ears?
3. At what age does the person who dies in Chapter 1 die?
4. How old is the Girlfriend as noted in Chapter 4?
5. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character just before she shows him her ears for the first time?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)