|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the Rat ask the Main Character to visit for him?
(a) A religious man.
(b) A female friend.
(c) An old man.
(d) His mother.
2. Where does the bar owner suggest that the Main Character stay while he is in town?
(a) With the bar owner.
(b) With the Rat's family.
(c) With the Rat's friend.
(d) With the Main Character's family.
3. What prediction does the Girlfriend make in Chapter 6 that comes true?
(a) That the Main Character will have a visitor.
(b) That the Main Character will get a phone call.
(c) That the Main Character will receive a package.
(d) That the Main Character will get violently ill.
4. What does the Rat send to the Main Character along with his first letter?
(a) An advertisement and a stamp.
(b) An addressed and stamped envelope.
(c) A novel.
(d) A lighter.
5. What music does the Main Character recall hearing during his time with the person who dies were together?
(a) The Doors, the Stones, and the Moody Blues.
(b) Patsy Cline and Johnny Cash.
(d) Swing Music.
6. What does the Strange Man believe is really the Boss's problem?
(a) A sheep has taken over his body.
(b) The US military has taken over his body.
(c) The Rat has taken over his body.
(d) The Japanese government has taken over his body.
7. What does the Strange Man give to the Main Character in Chapter 18 before telling him to leave?
(a) An address.
(b) A large sum of money.
(d) A picture of the Girlfriend with the starred sheep.
8. What is true of the Main Character when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
(a) He is walking a dog.
(b) He is carrying a large package.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is drunk.
9. What does the Strange Man tell the Business Partner to do with the object he gives him?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Locks it in a safe.
(c) Gives it to the Main Character.
(d) Memorizes it.
10. What does the Main Character say about honest work in Chapter 7?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It is available only to the poor.
(c) It is not profitable.
(d) It is good for the soul.
11. Where is the location of the photograph that the Main Character used in the bulletin?
(b) Hokkaido, Japan.
(d) Tokyo, Japan.
12. Where does the Main Character go in Chapter 1?
(a) To a school.
(b) To a temple.
(c) To a performance.
(d) To a funeral.
13. What does the Rat tell the Main Character in his first letter?
(a) About the pictures he is painting.
(b) About the women he has slept with.
(c) About his courses at the University.
(d) About the towns he has traveled to.
14. What symptoms does the Boss exhibit of the brain cyst and the required medications?
(a) Headaches and hallucinations.
(b) Fatigue and difficulty breathing.
(c) Nausea and a rash.
(d) Dizziness and Depression.
15. What does the Main Character do when he cannot reach either of the two people he tries to phone after returning from the Boss's home?
(a) Goes to a movie.
(b) Calls a taxi.
(c) Buys some wool socks.
(d) Orders more beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Sixteen Steps that title Chapter 2 actually lead?
2. At what age does the person who dies in Chapter 1 die?
3. What does the bar owner give the Main Character?
4. What does the Limo Driver give to the Main Character?
5. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character about her ears?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)