|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Sixteen Steps that title Chapter 2 actually lead?
(a) To the roof of the building.
(b) To the Main Character's apartment.
(c) To a wall with no door.
(d) To the laundry room.
2. For how long does the Main Character tell the Business Partner that he will be gone?
(a) At least a year.
(b) He does not tell him.
(c) At least a month.
(d) Until his next birthday.
3. What does the Main Character eat, while his visitor watches, in Chapter 2?
(d) An apple.
4. How old was the Main Character when he knew the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) From age five to the present.
(c) From age 18 to the present.
5. From where does the Main Character phone his business partner in Chapter 23?
(a) His apartment.
(b) A nearby bar.
(c) The office.
(d) A grungy public phone.
6. Who is referred to as the Boss?
(a) The man behind the largest liberal political party in Japan.
(b) The man behind a mysterious Internet based business.
(c) The man behind the political structure of Japan.
(d) The man behind the largest corporation in Japan.
7. Why does the Main Character say that his relationship with his ex-wife is over?
(a) The Main Character is dying.
(b) She had an affair with his best friend.
(c) The Main Character is moving.
(d) She is leaving his best friend.
8. What does the Main Character do in Chapter 22 before calling the Strange Man?
(a) Goes for a run.
(b) Takes some cold Medicine.
(c) Finds a public phone.
9. What does the Strange Man tell the Business Partner that the company must do?
(a) Fire the Girlfriend.
(b) Hire the person he indicates.
(c) Stop publishing a certain bulletin.
(d) Start to publish a bulletin that contains specific information.
10. What is true of the Main Character when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He is carrying a large package.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is walking a dog.
11. Where does the Main Character go in Chapter 1?
(a) To a temple.
(b) To a performance.
(c) To a funeral.
(d) To a school.
12. What are the three occupations of the Girlfriend?
(a) Delivery person, Feng Shui advisor, and operator.
(b) Model, proofreader, and call girl.
(c) Graphic designer, psychic, and dog walker.
(d) Teacher, accountant, and sales clerk.
13. What does the Main Character see upon arriving home in Chapter 2?
(a) A present wrapped in gold paper.
(b) A puddle of water.
(c) Red high-heeled shoes.
(d) A peacock.
14. What illness does the Boss have?
(b) A brain hemorrhage.
(c) Lung Cancer.
(d) Multiple Sclerosis.
15. What does the Main Character tell the Strange Man that he must do in Chapter 23?
(a) Pay for the medicine.
(b) Come to the office.
(c) Fire the Limo Driver.
(d) Watch the cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Main Character first meet the person who dies in Chapter 1?
2. What best describes the Boss?
3. Who arrives at the Main Character's apartment after he makes his purchase in Chapter 22?
4. What time is the Main Character told that the Boss would send a car for him?
5. How is the Strange Man dressed?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)