|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Strange Man dressed?
(a) In a polo shirt and Dockers.
(b) Like a bum.
(c) In a trench coat and gloves.
2. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character about her ears?
(a) She gets a high off showing them.
(b) They bring her great misery.
(c) She rarely displays them.
(d) They bring her great luck.
3. What does the Strange Man do when the Main Character refuses to tell him what he wants to know in Chapter 17?
(a) Threatens him.
(b) Throws a lighter at him.
(c) Tears up a check.
(d) Shows him a different photograph.
4. What does the Main Character see when he uses the magnifying glass?
(a) A starred sheep.
(b) The Rat's signature.
(c) Hidden text.
(d) A picture of the Rat.
5. Who tells the Main Character that there are only 5,000 sheep in Japan?
(a) The Boss.
(b) The Girlfriend.
(c) The Limo Driver.
(d) The Strange Man.
6. Who is the first person that the Main Character tries to phone after Limo Driver on his return from the Boss's home?
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) The Boss.
(d) The Girlfriend.
7. Who is the second person that the Main Character tries to phone after Limo Driver on his return from the Boss's home?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) The Girlfriend.
(c) The Business Partner.
8. What does the Rat refuse to give to the Main Character in his first letter?
(a) The money he owes him.
(b) The dreams he is having.
(c) His address.
(d) The name of his new wife.
9. When does the Main Character say that the Girlfriend is most likely to display her ears?
(a) When she wants attention.
(b) When there are animals around.
(c) When there are children around.
(d) During sex.
10. What does the Main Character realize about his photos at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) His ex-wife cut out any picture of herself.
(b) He is not in any of his photos.
(c) He has not taken any photos in three years.
(d) There is a slip on a chair in many of the pictures.
11. What does the Main Character tell the Strange Man he fears losing?
(a) His mind.
(d) His business.
12. What illness does the Boss have?
(a) A brain hemorrhage.
(b) Lung Cancer.
(d) Multiple Sclerosis.
13. What relationship does the Main Character share with the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) They are stepsiblings.
(b) They were co-workers.
(c) They were married.
(d) They were former lovers.
14. What does the Main Character see upon arriving home in Chapter 2?
(a) A peacock.
(b) A puddle of water.
(c) Red high-heeled shoes.
(d) A present wrapped in gold paper.
15. Where is the location of the photograph that the Main Character used in the bulletin?
(a) Hokkaido, Japan.
(c) Tokyo, Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Main Character tell the Strange Man that he must do in Chapter 23?
2. What does the Main Character find in the back of the limo that the Strange Man sends to pick him up and bring him to the Boss?
3. Who does the Strange Man say predicted that the death of the Boss due to his brain cyst would occur years ago?
4. What symptoms does the Boss exhibit of the brain cyst and the required medications?
5. What does the Main Character dream about in the limo on the way to the Boss's house?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)