|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does the Main Character tell the Business Partner that he will be gone?
(a) At least a year.
(b) He does not tell him.
(c) At least a month.
(d) Until his next birthday.
2. What does the Rat send to the Main Character along with his first letter?
(a) A lighter.
(b) An addressed and stamped envelope.
(c) An advertisement and a stamp.
(d) A novel.
3. Where does the opening scene of the novel occur?
(d) An unnamed village in Japan.
4. What political party is under the Boss's control?
(a) The Pan-Asian party.
(b) The liberal party.
(c) The socialist party.
(d) The conservative party.
5. What does the Business Partner believe about the business?
(a) That it is overextended.
(b) That it is going to be audited.
(c) That it is failing.
(d) That it has great potential.
6. From where does the postmark indicate that the Rat's first letter is sent?
(a) The United States.
7. What is true of the Main Character when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
(a) He is walking a dog.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is carrying a large package.
8. What does the Main Character do in Chapter 22 before calling the Strange Man?
(b) Finds a public phone.
(c) Goes for a run.
(d) Takes some cold Medicine.
9. How much money does the Main Character have from the Strange Man?
(a) 500 thousand yen notes.
(b) 150 ten thousand yen notes.
(c) 20,000 American dollars.
(d) 1,000 American dollars.
10. How does the Main Character first meet his girlfriend?
(a) Through work at the ad agency.
(b) Through a dating service.
(c) In a bar.
(d) Through a mutual friend.
11. Where does the bar owner suggest that the Main Character stay while he is in town?
(a) With the Main Character's family.
(b) With the bar owner.
(c) With the Rat's family.
(d) With the Rat's friend.
12. Where does the Main Character go after leaving the Limo Driver on his return from the Boss's home?
(a) An airport lobby.
(b) A hotel bar.
(c) A library.
(d) His office.
13. Where does the Rat's second letter tell the Main Character is his final destination?
(a) On a farm.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) In a city.
(d) On an island.
14. Who tells the Main Character that there are only 5,000 sheep in Japan?
(a) The Boss.
(b) The Girlfriend.
(c) The Limo Driver.
(d) The Strange Man.
15. What symptoms does the Boss exhibit of the brain cyst and the required medications?
(a) Dizziness and Depression.
(b) Nausea and a rash.
(c) Fatigue and difficulty breathing.
(d) Headaches and hallucinations.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does the person who dies in Chapter 1 die?
2. How old was the Main Character when he knew the person who dies in Chapter 1?
3. What does the Strange Man tell the Main Character about the object seen through the magnifying glass?
4. What does the Rat refuse to give to the Main Character in his first letter?
5. What does the Main Character see upon arriving home in Chapter 2?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)