|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes the mental state of the Main Character at the time he knew the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) Angst ridden.
2. How does the Main Character first learn of the death in Chapter 1?
(a) He sees the person die.
(b) An obituary.
(c) A phone call.
(d) The news.
3. Where does the bar owner suggest that the Main Character stay while he is in town?
(a) With the Rat's family.
(b) With the Rat's friend.
(c) With the Main Character's family.
(d) With the bar owner.
4. Who once incarcerated the Boss?
(a) Chinese military forces.
(b) Japanese military forces.
(c) Guerrilla forces.
(d) Occupation forces.
5. What does the Strange Man believe is really the Boss's problem?
(a) The US military has taken over his body.
(b) The Rat has taken over his body.
(c) The Japanese government has taken over his body.
(d) A sheep has taken over his body.
6. What does the Rat apologize for in his first letter to the Main Character?
(a) For leaving town without saying goodbye.
(b) For their last fight.
(c) For sleeping with the Main Character's ex-wife.
(d) For leaving when their mother was ill.
7. What time does the Strange Man arrive at the office?
(a) 3:15 PM.
(b) 9 AM.
(c) 11 PM.
(d) 11 AM.
8. Who is the second person that the Main Character tries to phone after Limo Driver on his return from the Boss's home?
(b) The Business Partner.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) The Girlfriend.
9. Where does the Main Character first meet the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) A wedding.
(c) At primary school.
(d) At work.
10. What political party is under the Boss's control?
(a) The liberal party.
(b) The conservative party.
(c) The socialist party.
(d) The Pan-Asian party.
11. What best describes the Girlfriend's feelings about her ears?
(a) She is very proud of them.
(b) That they are her only source of beauty.
(c) That they are separate from the rest of her.
(d) She is greatly embarrassed by them.
12. Where does the Rat's second letter tell the Main Character is his final destination?
(a) On a farm.
(b) In a city.
(c) On an island.
(d) In the mountains.
13. What best describes the Boss?
(a) A powerful leader of a corrupt family run corporation.
(b) A technological genius with strong liberal viewpoints.
(c) A major right-wing political figure.
(d) A major player in the conservative publication business.
14. Whom does the Main Character live with?
(a) No one.
(b) His cat.
(c) His father.
(d) An unseen roommate.
15. How much money does the Main Character have from the Strange Man?
(a) 500 thousand yen notes.
(b) 1,000 American dollars.
(c) 20,000 American dollars.
(d) 150 ten thousand yen notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Strange Man tell the Main Character during their phone call in Chapter 22?
2. What does the Main Character realize about his photos at the end of Chapter 3?
3. What relationship does the Main Character share with the person who dies in Chapter 1?
4. Who owns the bar that the Main Character visits in carrying out the Rat's request?
5. Whom does the Strange Man say he represents?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)