|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does the Main Character phone his business partner in Chapter 23?
(a) A nearby bar.
(b) The office.
(c) A grungy public phone.
(d) His apartment.
2. At what age does the person who dies in Chapter 1 die?
3. Why does the Strange Man Call the Main Character after his return from the Boss's home?
(a) Because the Boss has died.
(b) Because the Boss is getting worse.
(c) Because the Boss has disappeared.
(d) Because the Boss has recovered.
4. Who arrives at the Main Character's apartment after he makes his purchase in Chapter 22?
(a) The ex-wife.
(b) The Strange Man.
(c) The Rat.
(d) The Girlfriend.
5. What does the Main Character eat, while his visitor watches, in Chapter 2?
(a) An apple.
6. What does the Main Character see when he uses the magnifying glass?
(a) A starred sheep.
(b) The Rat's signature.
(c) A picture of the Rat.
(d) Hidden text.
7. What does the Main Character do when he cannot reach either of the two people he tries to phone after returning from the Boss's home?
(a) Orders more beer.
(b) Buys some wool socks.
(c) Calls a taxi.
(d) Goes to a movie.
8. Whom does the Strange Man demand to speak to?
(a) The person in charge of hiring and firing.
(b) The person in charge of accounting.
(c) The person in charge of graphic design.
(d) The person responsible for an image in the bulletin.
9. Who tells the Main Character about a sheep in Chapter 6?
(a) A messenger.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) The business partner.
10. Where does the Rat's second letter tell the Main Character is his final destination?
(a) On a farm.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) In a city.
(d) On an island.
11. Who once incarcerated the Boss?
(a) Japanese military forces.
(b) Chinese military forces.
(c) Occupation forces.
(d) Guerrilla forces.
12. Where is the location of the photograph that the Main Character used in the bulletin?
(a) Tokyo, Japan.
(b) Hokkaido, Japan.
13. Whose phone number does the Limo Driver say he has?
(a) The Boss's.
(b) The Girlfriend's.
(c) The Prime Minister's.
14. Where does the bar owner suggest that the Main Character stay while he is in town?
(a) With the Rat's friend.
(b) With the bar owner.
(c) With the Rat's family.
(d) With the Main Character's family.
15. What does the Rat tell the Main Character in his first letter?
(a) About the pictures he is painting.
(b) About the towns he has traveled to.
(c) About the women he has slept with.
(d) About his courses at the University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Main Character dream about in the limo on the way to the Boss's house?
2. What music does the Main Character recall hearing during his time with the person who dies were together?
3. At what age does the person who dies in Chapter 1 predict that he or she will die?
4. What does the Rat apologize for in his first letter to the Main Character?
5. Who is at the Main Character's apartment when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)