|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Rat's second letter tell the Main Character is his final destination?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) On a farm.
(c) In a city.
(d) On an island.
2. Where does the bar owner suggest that the Main Character stay while he is in town?
(a) With the Rat's family.
(b) With the Rat's friend.
(c) With the bar owner.
(d) With the Main Character's family.
3. What does the Main Character say about honest work in Chapter 7?
(a) It is available only to the poor.
(b) It is good for the soul.
(c) It is not profitable.
(d) It does not exist.
4. What is true of the Main Character when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He is walking a dog.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is carrying a large package.
5. What does the Main Character drink in Chapter 9?
6. What best describes the Girlfriend's feelings about her ears?
(a) That they are her only source of beauty.
(b) She is very proud of them.
(c) That they are separate from the rest of her.
(d) She is greatly embarrassed by them.
7. What does the unexpected visitor leave behind in Chapter 3?
(a) A slip.
(b) A business card.
(d) A book.
8. Where does the Main Character say he saw a whale's penis?
(a) In a museum.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In a documentary.
(d) In a National Geographic.
9. What does the Rat send to the Main Character along with his first letter?
(a) A lighter.
(b) An addressed and stamped envelope.
(c) An advertisement and a stamp.
(d) A novel.
10. What does the Main Character find in the back of the limo that the Strange Man sends to pick him up and bring him to the Boss?
(a) A lighter with a sheep emblem.
(b) A lighter with a worm emblem.
(c) A travel mug with a sheep emblem.
(d) A travel mug with a worm emblem.
11. What is the name of the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(b) Not revealed.
12. What is true of the Limo Driver?
(a) He is an Olympic athlete.
(b) He is a devout Christian.
(c) He is an atheist.
(d) He is a champion poker player.
13. How is the Strange Man dressed?
(a) Like a bum.
(b) In a polo shirt and Dockers.
(c) In a trench coat and gloves.
14. Who is referred to as the Boss?
(a) The man behind the political structure of Japan.
(b) The man behind a mysterious Internet based business.
(c) The man behind the largest corporation in Japan.
(d) The man behind the largest liberal political party in Japan.
15. What symptoms does the Boss exhibit of the brain cyst and the required medications?
(a) Fatigue and difficulty breathing.
(b) Headaches and hallucinations.
(c) Nausea and a rash.
(d) Dizziness and Depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What losses do the Strange Man and the Main Character discuss in Chapter 17?
2. Where are they when the Girlfriend first shows the Main Character her ears?
3. What music does the Main Character recall hearing during his time with the person who dies were together?
4. What does the bar owner give the Main Character?
5. How does the Main Character first learn of the death in Chapter 1?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)