|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Strange Man do when the Main Character refuses to tell him what he wants to know in Chapter 17?
(a) Threatens him.
(b) Tears up a check.
(c) Shows him a different photograph.
(d) Throws a lighter at him.
2. How old was the Main Character when he knew the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(c) From age 18 to the present.
(d) From age five to the present.
3. What does the Strange Man tell the Main Character about the object seen through the magnifying glass?
(a) It does not exist.
(b) It puts the Rat in grave danger.
(c) It implicates the Main Character.
(d) It is part of a sacred text.
4. What does the Strange Man give to the Business Partner?
(a) A business card.
(b) An incriminating photograph.
(c) A list of demands.
(d) A pen.
5. Why does the Strange Man Call the Main Character after his return from the Boss's home?
(a) Because the Boss is getting worse.
(b) Because the Boss has recovered.
(c) Because the Boss has disappeared.
(d) Because the Boss has died.
6. What are the three occupations of the Girlfriend?
(a) Graphic designer, psychic, and dog walker.
(b) Teacher, accountant, and sales clerk.
(c) Model, proofreader, and call girl.
(d) Delivery person, Feng Shui advisor, and operator.
7. What fantasy does the Main Character have often as a college student?
(a) Having an art exhibit.
(b) Performing on stage.
(c) Herding sheep.
(d) Hopping on a train out of town.
8. From where does the postmark indicate that the Rat's first letter is sent?
(b) The United States.
9. What does the Strange Man do as he waits for the Business Partner to arrive?
(a) Types on his laptop.
(b) Talks on his phone.
(c) Waits motionless.
(d) Stares at the receptionist.
10. Who is at the Main Character's apartment when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
(a) The postman.
(b) His sister-in-law.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) His friend.
11. What do the Main Character and his business partner first discuss in Chapter 7?
(a) The Main Character's divorce.
(b) The Business Partner's church.
(c) The Business Partner's disease.
(d) A new client that the Main Character wants to work with.
12. What does the Main Character do in Chapter 3 after his unexpected visitor leaves?
(a) Opens his package.
(d) Goes through his closet.
13. What music does the Main Character recall hearing during his time with the person who dies were together?
(a) Patsy Cline and Johnny Cash.
(b) The Doors, the Stones, and the Moody Blues.
(c) Swing Music.
14. What does the Strange Man tell the Business Partner that the company must do?
(a) Stop publishing a certain bulletin.
(b) Start to publish a bulletin that contains specific information.
(c) Fire the Girlfriend.
(d) Hire the person he indicates.
15. In what year is the Boss's brain cyst discovered?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Sixteen Steps that title Chapter 2 actually lead?
2. What does the Rat apologize for in his first letter to the Main Character?
3. Who is the second person that the Main Character tries to phone after Limo Driver on his return from the Boss's home?
4. What does the Rat tell the Main Character in his first letter?
5. From where does the Main Character phone his business partner in Chapter 23?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)