|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapter 41-43: Green Cords and Red Cords; Frozen Seagulls, Return Visit to the Unlucky Bend, The Twelve O'clock Rendezvous.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character that the Rat is located?
(a) He says he does not know.
(b) He says the Rat is dead.
(c) In the garage.
(d) At the Dolphin Hotel.
2. Who does the Main Character discover is originally from Hokkaido?
(a) The Business Partner.
(b) The Boss.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) The Strange Man.
3. What does the Strange Man want the Main Character to tell him in Chapter 17?
(a) How he met the Girlfriend.
(b) The Rat's location.
(c) How he met the Rat.
(d) Where he obtained the sheep photo.
4. What best describes the appearance of the Dolphin Hotel?
(a) Seedy and slightly intimidating.
(b) Opulent and beautiful.
(c) Old, but well cared for.
(d) Old and rundown.
5. Where do the Sixteen Steps that title Chapter 2 actually lead?
(a) To the roof of the building.
(b) To a wall with no door.
(c) To the Main Character's apartment.
(d) To the laundry room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the Rat ask the Main Character to visit for him?
2. What vehicle is sent to pick up the cat?
3. Who does the Strange Man say drew the image he shows to the Main Character in Chapter 18?
4. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character about her ears?
5. What best describes the mental state of the Main Character at the time he knew the person who dies in Chapter 1?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)