|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapter 41-43: Green Cords and Red Cords; Frozen Seagulls, Return Visit to the Unlucky Bend, The Twelve O'clock Rendezvous.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Main Character say has happened to his business partner over the past several years?
(a) He has grown weak from a chronic illness.
(b) He has become addicted to cocaine.
(c) He has become a religious fanatic.
(d) He has become an alcoholic.
2. What does the Territorial Government name the area where the Sheep Professor's homestead is located?
(a) Tsugaru Settlement.
(b) Honshu Plain Settlement.
(c) Twelve Falls Settlement.
(d) Ovine Valley Settlement.
3. Who does the Strange Man say predicted that the death of the Boss due to his brain cyst would occur years ago?
(a) The Girlfriend.
(b) US Army doctors.
(c) The Boss's personal physician.
(d) Japanese doctors.
4. Where does the bar owner suggest that the Main Character stay while he is in town?
(a) With the Main Character's family.
(b) With the Rat's family.
(c) With the bar owner.
(d) With the Rat's friend.
5. What does the Main Character see upon arriving home in Chapter 2?
(a) A puddle of water.
(b) A present wrapped in gold paper.
(c) A peacock.
(d) Red high-heeled shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Strange Man dressed?
2. During the naming discussion in Chapter 24, what object is mentioned as a thing that is not named?
3. Why does the caretaker admit that he will not take the Main Character and the Girlfriend any further up the mountain road?
4. What does the Main Character find on the mountain road that tells him someone else has been there recently?
5. What strategy do the Girlfriend and the Main Character come up with for hunting the sheep?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)