|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapter 41-43: Green Cords and Red Cords; Frozen Seagulls, Return Visit to the Unlucky Bend, The Twelve O'clock Rendezvous.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Main Character eat, while his visitor watches, in Chapter 2?
(d) An apple.
2. At what age does the person who dies in Chapter 1 die?
3. What does the Strange Man do when the Main Character refuses to tell him what he wants to know in Chapter 17?
(a) Shows him a different photograph.
(b) Threatens him.
(c) Tears up a check.
(d) Throws a lighter at him.
4. Where did the Sheep Professor once work?
(a) The US Army.
(b) The Ministry of Forestry and Agriculture.
(c) The Japanese Secret Service.
(d) The Ministry of Science.
5. How does the Strange Man respond to the Main Character's attempts at small talk during their phone call in Chapter 22?
(a) With silence.
(b) He tells him to stop wasting his time.
(c) He urges him to get to the point.
(d) He is uncharacteristically friendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does the person who dies in Chapter 1 predict that he or she will die?
2. When does the Main Character say that the Girlfriend is most likely to display her ears?
3. What does the Main Character say has happened to his business partner over the past several years?
4. Whom does the Main Character live with?
5. What does the Strange Man tell the Main Character about the object seen through the magnifying glass?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)