|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapter 41-43: Green Cords and Red Cords; Frozen Seagulls, Return Visit to the Unlucky Bend, The Twelve O'clock Rendezvous.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the trilateral power base that the Boss is said to control?
(a) Bankers, newspapers, and educational institutions.
(b) Scientific institutions, a political party, and gold mines.
(c) Politicians, information services, and stocks.
(d) Japanese imports, publishing, and politicians.
2. What is in the photograph that the Main Character used in the bulletin?
(a) A herd of sheep.
(b) A famous and powerful man.
(c) Worms digging in dirt.
(d) The Girlfriend and the Boss.
3. What do the Main Character and his guest do together in Chapter 2?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Water the plants.
(d) Drink coffee.
4. What does the Main Character find on the mountain road that tells him someone else has been there recently?
(a) A hat.
(c) Tire marks.
(d) A cigarette butt.
5. What does the Main Character discover when he wakes up in Chapter 33?
(a) There is an envelope on the table.
(b) The Girlfriend is crying.
(c) The Girlfriend is gone.
(d) There is a sheep in the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Main Character and his business partner first discuss in Chapter 7?
2. How does the Strange Man respond to the Main Character's attempts at small talk during their phone call in Chapter 22?
3. Whom does the Main Character discover at the unlucky bend in the road?
4. Where does the man begin his part of the search for the sheep?
5. Where does the Main Character go in Chapter 1?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)