|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapter 41-43: Green Cords and Red Cords; Frozen Seagulls, Return Visit to the Unlucky Bend, The Twelve O'clock Rendezvous.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend eat after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
(c) They do not eat. They drink beer.
(d) A snack of peanuts and pretzels.
2. What does the Main Character do when he cannot reach either of the two people he tries to phone after returning from the Boss's home?
(a) Calls a taxi.
(b) Orders more beer.
(c) Goes to a movie.
(d) Buys some wool socks.
3. Where do the Girlfriend and the Main Character find a phone book to look up hotels?
(a) In the bookstore.
(b) In a boutique.
(c) At the Ovine Theater.
(d) At a restaurant.
4. What does the Main Character dream about in the limo on the way to the Boss's house?
(a) A hammer and a talking sheep.
(b) Pliers and a talking cow.
(c) The Girlfriend's ears on the Strange Man's head.
(d) The Girlfriends ears sitting on the seat next to him.
5. Who tells the Main Character that there are only 5,000 sheep in Japan?
(a) The Boss.
(b) The Strange Man.
(c) The Girlfriend.
(d) The Limo Driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the caretaker admit that he will not take the Main Character and the Girlfriend any further up the mountain road?
2. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend observe as they go further up the mountain road?
3. What does the Main Character inadvertently steal from the Limo?
4. Where does the opening scene of the novel occur?
5. Where are they when the Girlfriend first shows the Main Character her ears?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)