|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapter 41-43: Green Cords and Red Cords; Frozen Seagulls, Return Visit to the Unlucky Bend, The Twelve O'clock Rendezvous.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Main Character see when he uses the magnifying glass?
(a) A starred sheep.
(b) The Rat's signature.
(c) A picture of the Rat.
(d) Hidden text.
2. What symptoms does the Boss exhibit of the brain cyst and the required medications?
(a) Nausea and a rash.
(b) Dizziness and Depression.
(c) Fatigue and difficulty breathing.
(d) Headaches and hallucinations.
3. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character that she has learned after their first day of research and hunting for the sheep?
(a) There are no maps of a certain area of this region.
(b) The government has stopped tracking sheep.
(c) Some local maps have blacked out portions.
(d) The government will not disclose their tracking data.
4. What does the person who speaks to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38 tell him about the Rat?
(a) That the Rat is dead.
(b) That the Rat has killed the person who is speaking.
(c) That the Rat is going to kill him.
(d) That the Rat needs will need his help tomorrow.
5. What does the Rat send to the Main Character along with his first letter?
(a) A novel.
(b) A lighter.
(c) An addressed and stamped envelope.
(d) An advertisement and a stamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three occupations of the Girlfriend?
2. What relationship does the Main Character share with the person who dies in Chapter 1?
3. Whom does the Main Character live with?
4. What time does the Strange Man arrive at the office?
5. What does the person who agrees to pick up the Main Character and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31 warn him?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)