|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapter 41-43: Green Cords and Red Cords; Frozen Seagulls, Return Visit to the Unlucky Bend, The Twelve O'clock Rendezvous.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Main Character do just before leaving the villa for the last time?
(a) Collects sheep wool.
(b) Takes some books from the shelves.
(c) Writes a letter to the Girlfriend.
(d) Connects the grandfather clock.
2. What losses do the Strange Man and the Main Character discuss in Chapter 17?
(a) The Boss's losses due to his health problem.
(b) The implied loss of the Main Character's life.
(c) Business losses due to pulling the sheep bulletin.
(d) Losses of loved ones.
3. How do the Girlfriend and the Main Character feel about the Limo Driver?
(a) They dislike him.
(b) They are ambivalent towards him.
(c) They like him.
(d) They think he is hiding something.
4. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend observe as they go further up the mountain road?
(a) The road worsens.
(b) There is a single small hut every few miles.
(c) Everything has been burned to the ground.
(d) There are headstones along the roadside.
5. Who owns the bar that the Main Character visits in carrying out the Rat's request?
(b) The Main Character's father.
(d) The Gap Toothed Girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the visitor to the villa tell the Main Character to do before leaving the next day?
2. Where does the Main Character find sheep wool?
3. Where does the Rat's second letter tell the Main Character is his final destination?
4. How does the Strange Man respond to the Main Character's attempts at small talk during their phone call in Chapter 22?
5. Who is buried in the garage?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)