|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapter 41-43: Green Cords and Red Cords; Frozen Seagulls, Return Visit to the Unlucky Bend, The Twelve O'clock Rendezvous.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Main Character go after leaving the Limo Driver on his return from the Boss's home?
(a) A hotel bar.
(b) A library.
(c) His office.
(d) An airport lobby.
2. What best describes the Girlfriend's feelings about her ears?
(a) She is very proud of them.
(b) She is greatly embarrassed by them.
(c) That they are separate from the rest of her.
(d) That they are her only source of beauty.
3. From where does the postmark indicate that the Rat's first letter is sent?
(b) The United States.
4. What does the Main Character tell the Business Partner he must do in Chapter 23?
(a) Quit drinking.
(b) Take care of the books.
(c) Hire an assistant.
(d) Watch the cat.
5. What does the person who speaks to the Main Character in the darkness in Chapter 38 tell him about the Rat?
(a) That the Rat is going to kill him.
(b) That the Rat is dead.
(c) That the Rat has killed the person who is speaking.
(d) That the Rat needs will need his help tomorrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the villa and tells the Main Character that he has behaved selfishly?
2. In what condition is the Main Character at the beginning of Chapter 41?
3. Who is the second person that the Main Character tries to phone after Limo Driver on his return from the Boss's home?
4. What does the Main Character say about honest work in Chapter 7?
5. Why does the caretaker admit that he will not take the Main Character and the Girlfriend any further up the mountain road?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)