|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapter 41-43: Green Cords and Red Cords; Frozen Seagulls, Return Visit to the Unlucky Bend, The Twelve O'clock Rendezvous.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Main Character say he saw a whale's penis?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In a documentary.
(c) In a National Geographic.
(d) In a museum.
2. What type of station do the Main Character and the Girlfriend go to in Chapter 24?
3. During the naming discussion in Chapter 24, what object is mentioned as a thing that is not named?
4. What best describes the appearance of the Dolphin Hotel?
(a) Opulent and beautiful.
(b) Seedy and slightly intimidating.
(c) Old, but well cared for.
(d) Old and rundown.
5. What is the trilateral power base that the Boss is said to control?
(a) Politicians, information services, and stocks.
(b) Scientific institutions, a political party, and gold mines.
(c) Bankers, newspapers, and educational institutions.
(d) Japanese imports, publishing, and politicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Main Character and his guest do together in Chapter 2?
2. What do the Main Character and his business partner first discuss in Chapter 7?
3. What prediction does the Girlfriend make in Chapter 6 that comes true?
4. What does the Main Character say about honest work in Chapter 7?
5. What political party is under the Boss's control?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)