|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapter 36-37: The Wind's Own Private Thoroughfare and Things the Mirror Shows, Things the Mirror Doesn't.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Strange Man tell the Main Character during their phone call in Chapter 22?
(a) That the boss started out in the same manner.
(b) That too much drinking is an obstacle to success.
(c) That the fate of the business is in his hands.
(d) That everyone has something to lose.
2. What best describes the appearance of the Dolphin Hotel?
(a) Seedy and slightly intimidating.
(b) Old, but well cared for.
(c) Opulent and beautiful.
(d) Old and rundown.
3. What is true of the Main Character when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He is walking a dog.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is carrying a large package.
4. What does the Main Character do in Chapter 22 before calling the Strange Man?
(a) Goes for a run.
(b) Finds a public phone.
(d) Takes some cold Medicine.
5. Who is the first person that the Main Character tries to phone after Limo Driver on his return from the Boss's home?
(a) The Boss.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) The Girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the Main Character that there are only 5,000 sheep in Japan?
2. What does the person who is at the Main Character's apartment in Chapter 2 tell him?
3. What do the Main Character and his guest do together in Chapter 2?
4. What does the Main Character tell the Business Partner he must do in Chapter 23?
5. What do the Main Character, the Girlfriend and the person who comes to pick up the cat discuss early in Chapter 24?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)