|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapter 36-37: The Wind's Own Private Thoroughfare and Things the Mirror Shows, Things the Mirror Doesn't.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does the postmark indicate that the Rat's first letter is sent?
(d) The United States.
2. What is true of the Main Character when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is walking a dog.
(c) He is carrying a large package.
(d) He is ill.
3. What best describes the Sheep Professor?
(a) Slim with overgrown and graying hair.
(b) Meticulously dressed and formal.
(c) Bald, short and timid.
(d) Large frame, long white hair and stinky.
4. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character just before she shows him her ears for the first time?
(a) That he will be at her command.
(b) That they must make love immediately.
(c) That she cannot be responsible for his sorrow.
(d) That he must stay with her for a few months.
5. What does the Main Character buy after speaking with the Strange Man in Chapter 22?
(a) Batteries and a flashlight.
(d) Warm clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the caretaker at the ranch tell the Main Character that he must do to the sheep on the day of his visit?
2. What happened to the Sheep Professor in 1935?
3. What is the name of the person who dies in Chapter 1?
4. Who does the Strange Man say predicted that the death of the Boss due to his brain cyst would occur years ago?
5. What losses do the Strange Man and the Main Character discuss in Chapter 17?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)