|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapter 36-37: The Wind's Own Private Thoroughfare and Things the Mirror Shows, Things the Mirror Doesn't.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Main Character go to buy supplies after speaking to the Strange Man?
(a) A pharmacy.
(b) A clothing store.
(c) An outdoors supplier.
(d) The grocery store.
2. What does the Main Character find outside of the villa that indicates someone, other than the Rat, has been there?
(a) Cigarette butts.
(b) A message stapled to a tree.
(c) A woman's glove.
(d) Sled tracks.
3. Where does the Sheep Professor tell the Main Character and the Girlfriend that it is considered a blessing for a sheep to enter a human?
(a) Southern China and Vietnam.
(b) Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam.
(c) Northern China and Mongolia.
4. What losses do the Strange Man and the Main Character discuss in Chapter 17?
(a) The Boss's losses due to his health problem.
(b) Losses of loved ones.
(c) Business losses due to pulling the sheep bulletin.
(d) The implied loss of the Main Character's life.
5. Whom does the Rat ask the Main Character to visit for him?
(a) An old man.
(b) A female friend.
(c) His mother.
(d) A religious man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Rat include in his second letter to the Main Character?
2. What does the person who agrees to pick up the Main Character and the Girlfriend at 8:00 the next morning in Chapter 31 warn him?
3. After the couple checks into a hotel in Junitaki, what does the Main character do?
4. What is the trilateral power base that the Boss is said to control?
5. For what length of time does the Strange Man tell the Main Character that he will leave him alone?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)