|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapter 36-37: The Wind's Own Private Thoroughfare and Things the Mirror Shows, Things the Mirror Doesn't.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Main Character buy after speaking with the Strange Man in Chapter 22?
(a) Warm clothes.
(c) Batteries and a flashlight.
2. Whom does the Strange Man demand to speak to?
(a) The person in charge of accounting.
(b) The person responsible for an image in the bulletin.
(c) The person in charge of graphic design.
(d) The person in charge of hiring and firing.
3. What does the Main Character find outside of the villa that indicates someone, other than the Rat, has been there?
(a) Sled tracks.
(b) A woman's glove.
(c) A message stapled to a tree.
(d) Cigarette butts.
4. What does the Rat send to the Main Character along with his first letter?
(a) An addressed and stamped envelope.
(b) An advertisement and a stamp.
(c) A lighter.
(d) A novel.
5. What does the Main Character tell the Strange Man he fears losing?
(a) His mind.
(d) His business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Rat's second letter tell the Main Character is his final destination?
2. What does the Rat apologize for in his first letter to the Main Character?
3. What type of station do the Main Character and the Girlfriend go to in Chapter 24?
4. What was the Dolphin Hotel before it was a hotel?
5. What does the Main Character do on the seventh day of the trip to help locate the Rat?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)