|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapter 36-37: The Wind's Own Private Thoroughfare and Things the Mirror Shows, Things the Mirror Doesn't.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is the Boss's brain cyst discovered?
2. For what length of time does the Strange Man tell the Main Character that he will leave him alone?
(a) One month.
(b) Not a single moment, until this mission is complete.
(c) Eight hours a night.
(d) Two weeks.
3. At what age does the person who dies in Chapter 1 predict that he or she will die?
4. What does the Strange Man tell the Main Character during their phone call in Chapter 22?
(a) That the boss started out in the same manner.
(b) That too much drinking is an obstacle to success.
(c) That the fate of the business is in his hands.
(d) That everyone has something to lose.
5. What is the trilateral power base that the Boss is said to control?
(a) Bankers, newspapers, and educational institutions.
(b) Politicians, information services, and stocks.
(c) Japanese imports, publishing, and politicians.
(d) Scientific institutions, a political party, and gold mines.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what basis do the Girlfriend and the Main Character select a hotel to stay in?
2. What does the Main Character find in the Pan-Asian book in the villa?
3. What time does the Strange Man arrive at the office?
4. Who do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discover is waiting when they arrive at the villa on the mountain?
5. What fantasy does the man have as he is cooking dinner in Chapter 35?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)