|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapter 22-23: Sunday Afternoon Picnic and Limited but Tenacious Thinking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the photograph that the Main Character used in the bulletin?
(a) Worms digging in dirt.
(b) The Girlfriend and the Boss.
(c) A herd of sheep.
(d) A famous and powerful man.
2. How does the Strange Man respond to the Main Character's attempts at small talk during their phone call in Chapter 22?
(a) He urges him to get to the point.
(b) With silence.
(c) He tells him to stop wasting his time.
(d) He is uncharacteristically friendly.
3. What does the Main Character do when he cannot reach either of the two people he tries to phone after returning from the Boss's home?
(a) Orders more beer.
(b) Goes to a movie.
(c) Calls a taxi.
(d) Buys some wool socks.
4. Where does the opening scene of the novel occur?
(c) An unnamed village in Japan.
5. What does the Main Character inadvertently steal from the Limo?
(a) The Limo Driver's gloves.
(b) The Limo Driver's pen.
(c) A lighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does the person who dies in Chapter 1 die?
2. What does the Strange Man tell the Main Character during their phone call in Chapter 22?
3. What best describes the Girlfriend's feelings about her ears?
4. Who is referred to as the Boss?
5. How does the Main Character first learn of the death in Chapter 1?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)