|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapter 22-23: Sunday Afternoon Picnic and Limited but Tenacious Thinking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the opening scene of the novel occur?
(a) An unnamed village in Japan.
2. What does the Main Character do when he cannot reach either of the two people he tries to phone after returning from the Boss's home?
(a) Buys some wool socks.
(b) Orders more beer.
(c) Calls a taxi.
(d) Goes to a movie.
3. What does the Strange Man want the Main Character to tell him in Chapter 17?
(a) How he met the Girlfriend.
(b) Where he obtained the sheep photo.
(c) The Rat's location.
(d) How he met the Rat.
4. Where does the Main Character first meet the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) A wedding.
(b) At work.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) At primary school.
5. What prediction does the Girlfriend make in Chapter 6 that comes true?
(a) That the Main Character will get violently ill.
(b) That the Main Character will receive a package.
(c) That the Main Character will get a phone call.
(d) That the Main Character will have a visitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Rat send to the Main Character along with his first letter?
2. What does the Strange Man believe is really the Boss's problem?
3. What does the Rat apologize for in his first letter to the Main Character?
4. What does the Strange Man do when the Main Character refuses to tell him what he wants to know in Chapter 17?
5. For what length of time does the Strange Man tell the Main Character that he will leave him alone?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)