|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapter 22-23: Sunday Afternoon Picnic and Limited but Tenacious Thinking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the Strange Man say he represents?
(a) The name on the business card.
(b) The Main Character's father.
(c) A friend.
(d) The person in the photograph.
2. Where does the Main Character first meet the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) A wedding.
(c) At work.
(d) At primary school.
3. What is the trilateral power base that the Boss is said to control?
(a) Bankers, newspapers, and educational institutions.
(b) Politicians, information services, and stocks.
(c) Japanese imports, publishing, and politicians.
(d) Scientific institutions, a political party, and gold mines.
4. What does the Rat refuse to give to the Main Character in his first letter?
(a) His address.
(b) The dreams he is having.
(c) The name of his new wife.
(d) The money he owes him.
5. Who arrives at the Main Character's apartment after he makes his purchase in Chapter 22?
(a) The Strange Man.
(b) The Girlfriend.
(c) The ex-wife.
(d) The Rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Main Character say has happened to his business partner over the past several years?
2. Where does the Main Character say he saw a whale's penis?
3. Whom does the Limo Driver tell the Main Character gave him the important phone number?
4. What does the Strange Man do when the Main Character refuses to tell him what he wants to know in Chapter 17?
5. What does the Strange Man tell the Main Character about the object seen through the magnifying glass?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)