|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapter 22-23: Sunday Afternoon Picnic and Limited but Tenacious Thinking.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Strange Man give the Main Character a magnifying glass?
(a) To look at the sheep photograph.
(b) To burn bugs.
(c) As a form of protection.
(d) To look at a document.
2. What does the Strange Man tell the Main Character during their phone call in Chapter 22?
(a) That too much drinking is an obstacle to success.
(b) That the fate of the business is in his hands.
(c) That the boss started out in the same manner.
(d) That everyone has something to lose.
3. What does the Main Character do when he cannot reach either of the two people he tries to phone after returning from the Boss's home?
(a) Buys some wool socks.
(b) Orders more beer.
(c) Goes to a movie.
(d) Calls a taxi.
4. At what age does the person who dies in Chapter 1 predict that he or she will die?
5. Where does the Rat's second letter tell the Main Character is his final destination?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) On an island.
(c) On a farm.
(d) In a city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Main Character first meet the person who dies in Chapter 1?
2. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character just before she shows him her ears for the first time?
3. What relationship does the Main Character share with the person who dies in Chapter 1?
4. Where does the opening scene of the novel occur?
5. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character about her ears?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)