|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, Chapter 17: The Strange Man's Strange Tale and Part 6, Chapter 18: The Strange Man's Tale Goes On.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Sixteen Steps that title Chapter 2 actually lead?
(a) To the roof of the building.
(b) To the Main Character's apartment.
(c) To the laundry room.
(d) To a wall with no door.
2. Whom does the Strange Man demand to speak to?
(a) The person in charge of graphic design.
(b) The person responsible for an image in the bulletin.
(c) The person in charge of accounting.
(d) The person in charge of hiring and firing.
3. Who is at the Main Character's apartment when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
(a) His sister-in-law.
(b) The postman.
(c) His friend.
(d) His ex-wife.
4. What fantasy does the Main Character have often as a college student?
(a) Performing on stage.
(b) Hopping on a train out of town.
(c) Herding sheep.
(d) Having an art exhibit.
5. What does the Main Character see upon arriving home in Chapter 2?
(a) A puddle of water.
(b) Red high-heeled shoes.
(c) A present wrapped in gold paper.
(d) A peacock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Strange Man say predicted that the death of the Boss due to his brain cyst would occur years ago?
2. Where does the Main Character first meet the person who dies in Chapter 1?
3. What best describes the mental state of the Main Character at the time he knew the person who dies in Chapter 1?
4. What does the Main Character drink in Chapter 9?
5. What does the Main Character eat, while his visitor watches, in Chapter 2?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)