|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4: The Whale's Penis and The Woman with Three Occupations and Part 3, Chapter 5-6: Unblocked Ears and The Further Adventures of Unblocked Ears.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes the Girlfriend's feelings about her ears?
(a) That they are separate from the rest of her.
(b) She is greatly embarrassed by them.
(c) She is very proud of them.
(d) That they are her only source of beauty.
2. How old was the Main Character when he knew the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(b) From age 18 to the present.
(d) From age five to the present.
3. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character just before she shows him her ears for the first time?
(a) That they must make love immediately.
(b) That he will be at her command.
(c) That he must stay with her for a few months.
(d) That she cannot be responsible for his sorrow.
4. What does the Main Character realize about his photos at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) His ex-wife cut out any picture of herself.
(b) There is a slip on a chair in many of the pictures.
(c) He is not in any of his photos.
(d) He has not taken any photos in three years.
5. What prediction does the Girlfriend make in Chapter 6 that comes true?
(a) That the Main Character will get a phone call.
(b) That the Main Character will receive a package.
(c) That the Main Character will get violently ill.
(d) That the Main Character will have a visitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Main Character eat, while his visitor watches, in Chapter 2?
2. What is true of the Main Character when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
3. What fantasy does the Main Character have often as a college student?
4. Where does the opening scene of the novel occur?
5. What music does the Main Character recall hearing during his time with the person who dies were together?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)