|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4: The Whale's Penis and The Woman with Three Occupations and Part 3, Chapter 5-6: Unblocked Ears and The Further Adventures of Unblocked Ears.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Main Character first learn of the death in Chapter 1?
(a) He sees the person die.
(b) A phone call.
(c) An obituary.
(d) The news.
2. Where does the opening scene of the novel occur?
(b) An unnamed village in Japan.
3. What music does the Main Character recall hearing during his time with the person who dies were together?
(a) Patsy Cline and Johnny Cash.
(b) Swing Music.
(d) The Doors, the Stones, and the Moody Blues.
4. What does the Main Character see upon arriving home in Chapter 2?
(a) A puddle of water.
(b) A peacock.
(c) Red high-heeled shoes.
(d) A present wrapped in gold paper.
5. Where do the Sixteen Steps that title Chapter 2 actually lead?
(a) To a wall with no door.
(b) To the roof of the building.
(c) To the Main Character's apartment.
(d) To the laundry room.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Main Character say that the Girlfriend is most likely to display her ears?
2. Where are they when the Girlfriend first shows the Main Character her ears?
3. How does the Main Character first meet his girlfriend?
4. What are the three occupations of the Girlfriend?
5. Where does the Main Character go in Chapter 1?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)