|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4: The Whale's Penis and The Woman with Three Occupations and Part 3, Chapter 5-6: Unblocked Ears and The Further Adventures of Unblocked Ears.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character just before she shows him her ears for the first time?
(a) That he will be at her command.
(b) That he must stay with her for a few months.
(c) That she cannot be responsible for his sorrow.
(d) That they must make love immediately.
2. What does the unexpected visitor leave behind in Chapter 3?
(a) A book.
(c) A slip.
(d) A business card.
3. What music does the Main Character recall hearing during his time with the person who dies were together?
(a) Patsy Cline and Johnny Cash.
(b) The Doors, the Stones, and the Moody Blues.
(d) Swing Music.
4. What best describes the Girlfriend's feelings about her ears?
(a) That they are her only source of beauty.
(b) That they are separate from the rest of her.
(c) She is very proud of them.
(d) She is greatly embarrassed by them.
5. When does the Main Character say that the Girlfriend is most likely to display her ears?
(a) During sex.
(b) When there are children around.
(c) When she wants attention.
(d) When there are animals around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Main Character eat, while his visitor watches, in Chapter 2?
2. What prediction does the Girlfriend make in Chapter 6 that comes true?
3. Where do the Sixteen Steps that title Chapter 2 actually lead?
4. What best describes the mental state of the Main Character at the time he knew the person who dies in Chapter 1?
5. What are the three occupations of the Girlfriend?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)