|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4: The Whale's Penis and The Woman with Three Occupations and Part 3, Chapter 5-6: Unblocked Ears and The Further Adventures of Unblocked Ears.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes the Girlfriend's feelings about her ears?
(a) That they are separate from the rest of her.
(b) She is greatly embarrassed by them.
(c) That they are her only source of beauty.
(d) She is very proud of them.
2. What relationship does the Main Character share with the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) They were married.
(b) They are stepsiblings.
(c) They were co-workers.
(d) They were former lovers.
3. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character about her ears?
(a) She rarely displays them.
(b) They bring her great luck.
(c) She gets a high off showing them.
(d) They bring her great misery.
4. At what age does the person who dies in Chapter 1 die?
5. What fantasy does the Main Character have often as a college student?
(a) Performing on stage.
(b) Having an art exhibit.
(c) Hopping on a train out of town.
(d) Herding sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does the person who dies in Chapter 1 predict that he or she will die?
2. Why does the Main Character say that his relationship with his ex-wife is over?
3. How does the Main Character first learn of the death in Chapter 1?
4. What do the Main Character and his guest do together in Chapter 2?
5. Where are they when the Girlfriend first shows the Main Character her ears?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)