|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 4: The Whale's Penis and The Woman with Three Occupations and Part 3, Chapter 5-6: Unblocked Ears and The Further Adventures of Unblocked Ears.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Main Character first meet the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) At primary school.
(c) At work.
(d) A wedding.
2. What is true of the Main Character when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
(a) He is walking a dog.
(b) He is carrying a large package.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is drunk.
3. Where does the Main Character say he saw a whale's penis?
(a) In a documentary.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In a National Geographic.
(d) In a museum.
4. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character just before she shows him her ears for the first time?
(a) That they must make love immediately.
(b) That she cannot be responsible for his sorrow.
(c) That he will be at her command.
(d) That he must stay with her for a few months.
5. Who is at the Main Character's apartment when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His sister-in-law.
(c) His friend.
(d) The postman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Main Character and his guest do together in Chapter 2?
2. What does the unexpected visitor leave behind in Chapter 3?
3. What fantasy does the Main Character have often as a college student?
4. How does the Main Character first learn of the death in Chapter 1?
5. Where do the Sixteen Steps that title Chapter 2 actually lead?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)