|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapter 36-37: The Wind's Own Private Thoroughfare and Things the Mirror Shows, Things the Mirror Doesn't.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Main Character buy after speaking with the Strange Man in Chapter 22?
(a) Warm clothes.
(c) Batteries and a flashlight.
2. Who is referred to as the Boss?
(a) The man behind the political structure of Japan.
(b) The man behind the largest corporation in Japan.
(c) The man behind a mysterious Internet based business.
(d) The man behind the largest liberal political party in Japan.
3. Where do the Sixteen Steps that title Chapter 2 actually lead?
(a) To the Main Character's apartment.
(b) To the laundry room.
(c) To a wall with no door.
(d) To the roof of the building.
4. Where are they when the Girlfriend first shows the Main Character her ears?
(a) At the ad agency.
(b) In an upscale restaurant.
(c) At a dinner party given by mutual friends.
(d) In a library.
5. Whom does the Strange Man demand to speak to?
(a) The person in charge of accounting.
(b) The person in charge of hiring and firing.
(c) The person responsible for an image in the bulletin.
(d) The person in charge of graphic design.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Rat send to the Main Character along with his first letter?
2. Who does the Strange Man say drew the image he shows to the Main Character in Chapter 18?
3. For what length of time does the Strange Man tell the Main Character that he will leave him alone?
4. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend observe as they go further up the mountain road?
5. What does the Main Character see when he uses the magnifying glass?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)