|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapter 36-37: The Wind's Own Private Thoroughfare and Things the Mirror Shows, Things the Mirror Doesn't.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the caretaker admit that he will not take the Main Character and the Girlfriend any further up the mountain road?
(a) He has been paid to stop here.
(b) He believes it is unlucky.
(c) He has run out of gas.
(d) He has been threatened if he takes them any further.
2. What does the Main Character discover when he wakes up in Chapter 33?
(a) There is a sheep in the room.
(b) The Girlfriend is gone.
(c) The Girlfriend is crying.
(d) There is an envelope on the table.
3. Why does the Strange Man Call the Main Character after his return from the Boss's home?
(a) Because the Boss is getting worse.
(b) Because the Boss has recovered.
(c) Because the Boss has disappeared.
(d) Because the Boss has died.
4. After the couple checks into a hotel in Junitaki, what does the Main character do?
(a) Visits the farm next door.
(b) Talks to the concierge about the locals.
(c) Visits the local library.
(d) Visits the Town Hall.
5. What does the Main Character do in Chapter 22 before calling the Strange Man?
(a) Takes some cold Medicine.
(c) Finds a public phone.
(d) Goes for a run.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three occupations of the Girlfriend?
2. Where does the Main Character find sheep wool?
3. What does the Main Character find in the back of the limo that the Strange Man sends to pick him up and bring him to the Boss?
4. What does the Main Character say about honest work in Chapter 7?
5. What best describes the appearance of the Dolphin Hotel?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)