|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapter 36-37: The Wind's Own Private Thoroughfare and Things the Mirror Shows, Things the Mirror Doesn't.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Main Character find on the mountain road that tells him someone else has been there recently?
(a) A hat.
(b) Tire marks.
(c) A cigarette butt.
2. How much money does the Main Character have from the Strange Man?
(a) 500 thousand yen notes.
(b) 1,000 American dollars.
(c) 20,000 American dollars.
(d) 150 ten thousand yen notes.
3. What symptoms does the Boss exhibit of the brain cyst and the required medications?
(a) Nausea and a rash.
(b) Headaches and hallucinations.
(c) Fatigue and difficulty breathing.
(d) Dizziness and Depression.
4. What does the Strange Man do when the Main Character refuses to tell him what he wants to know in Chapter 17?
(a) Threatens him.
(b) Shows him a different photograph.
(c) Throws a lighter at him.
(d) Tears up a check.
5. Who do the Main Character and the Girlfriend discover is waiting when they arrive at the villa on the mountain?
(a) An older woman.
(b) No one.
(c) The Rat.
(d) The Business Partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Main Character say that his relationship with his ex-wife is over?
2. What does the Main Character do in Chapter 22 before calling the Strange Man?
3. What does the Main Character tell the Strange Man he fears losing?
4. What time does the Strange Man arrive at the office?
5. Where does the Main Character go after leaving the Limo Driver on his return from the Boss's home?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)