|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapter 36-37: The Wind's Own Private Thoroughfare and Things the Mirror Shows, Things the Mirror Doesn't.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the couple checks into a hotel in Junitaki, what does the Main character do?
(a) Visits the Town Hall.
(b) Visits the local library.
(c) Talks to the concierge about the locals.
(d) Visits the farm next door.
2. What does the Rat tell the Main Character in his first letter?
(a) About the women he has slept with.
(b) About the pictures he is painting.
(c) About his courses at the University.
(d) About the towns he has traveled to.
3. How do the Main Character and the Girlfriend get to the station after the cat is picked up?
(a) They call a taxicab.
(b) The Strange Man sends a different car for them.
(c) They take the Girlfriend's car.
(d) They are taken by the same person who picks up the cat.
4. What is the Main Character doing on the tenth day of his visit when the Sheep Man returns to the villa?
(a) Playing the guitar.
(c) Scrubbing the floor.
(d) Reading a book.
5. Who is referred to as the Boss?
(a) The man behind the largest corporation in Japan.
(b) The man behind a mysterious Internet based business.
(c) The man behind the political structure of Japan.
(d) The man behind the largest liberal political party in Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Strange Man do as he waits for the Business Partner to arrive?
2. What does the Rat include in his second letter to the Main Character?
3. What object does the Main Character discover in a book at the villa while he is waiting for the Rat to arrive?
4. What does the Main Character buy after speaking with the Strange Man in Chapter 22?
5. How does the Strange Man respond to the Main Character's attempts at small talk during their phone call in Chapter 22?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)