|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 13-14: The Rat's First Letter and The Rat's Second Letter and Part 5, Chapter 15-16: The Song is Over and She Drinks Her Salty Dog, Talking about the Sound of the Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character just before she shows him her ears for the first time?
(a) That she cannot be responsible for his sorrow.
(b) That he will be at her command.
(c) That they must make love immediately.
(d) That he must stay with her for a few months.
2. Whom does the Main Character live with?
(a) His cat.
(b) An unseen roommate.
(c) His father.
(d) No one.
3. What illness does the Boss have?
(a) A brain hemorrhage.
(c) Multiple Sclerosis.
(d) Lung Cancer.
4. How does the Main Character react the first time he sees the Girlfriend's ears?
(a) He cries.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He thanks her profusely.
(d) He is unable to speak.
5. Where do the Sixteen Steps that title Chapter 2 actually lead?
(a) To a wall with no door.
(b) To the roof of the building.
(c) To the Main Character's apartment.
(d) To the laundry room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Main Character give to the person he meets per the Rat's request?
2. What time does the Strange Man arrive at the office?
3. What is true of the Main Character when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
4. What does the Main Character drink in Chapter 9?
5. What does the Rat include in his second letter to the Main Character?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)