|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 13-14: The Rat's First Letter and The Rat's Second Letter and Part 5, Chapter 15-16: The Song is Over and She Drinks Her Salty Dog, Talking about the Sound of the Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the Strange Man say he represents?
(a) The person in the photograph.
(b) A friend.
(c) The name on the business card.
(d) The Main Character's father.
2. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character just before she shows him her ears for the first time?
(a) That he will be at her command.
(b) That he must stay with her for a few months.
(c) That they must make love immediately.
(d) That she cannot be responsible for his sorrow.
3. Who is at the Main Character's apartment when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
(a) The postman.
(b) His sister-in-law.
(c) His friend.
(d) His ex-wife.
4. What illness does the Boss have?
(a) Lung Cancer.
(b) A brain hemorrhage.
(c) Multiple Sclerosis.
5. What does the person who is at the Main Character's apartment in Chapter 2 tell him?
(a) That he is selfish.
(b) That she still loves him.
(c) That he owes money.
(d) That he is invited to a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the trilateral power base that the Boss is said to control?
2. Where do the Sixteen Steps that title Chapter 2 actually lead?
3. What does the Strange Man tell the Business Partner that the company must do?
4. Who once incarcerated the Boss?
5. Where are they when the Girlfriend first shows the Main Character her ears?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)