|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 13-14: The Rat's First Letter and The Rat's Second Letter and Part 5, Chapter 15-16: The Song is Over and She Drinks Her Salty Dog, Talking about the Sound of the Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Strange Man tell the Business Partner to do with the object he gives him?
(a) Memorizes it.
(b) Gives it to the Main Character.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Locks it in a safe.
2. What does the Main Character say about honest work in Chapter 7?
(a) It is available only to the poor.
(b) It is not profitable.
(c) It is good for the soul.
(d) It does not exist.
3. What does the bar owner give the Main Character?
(a) A book.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A list of addresses.
4. What is the trilateral power base that the Boss is said to control?
(a) Japanese imports, publishing, and politicians.
(b) Scientific institutions, a political party, and gold mines.
(c) Politicians, information services, and stocks.
(d) Bankers, newspapers, and educational institutions.
5. Who tells the Main Character about a sheep in Chapter 6?
(a) The business partner.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) A messenger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the bar owner suggest that the Main Character stay while he is in town?
2. Where do the Sixteen Steps that title Chapter 2 actually lead?
3. What does the Main Character realize about his photos at the end of Chapter 3?
4. Why does the Main Character say that his relationship with his ex-wife is over?
5. What does the Rat refuse to give to the Main Character in his first letter?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)