|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 13-14: The Rat's First Letter and The Rat's Second Letter and Part 5, Chapter 15-16: The Song is Over and She Drinks Her Salty Dog, Talking about the Sound of the Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true of the Main Character when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
(a) He is walking a dog.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is carrying a large package.
(d) He is drunk.
2. What does the Rat refuse to give to the Main Character in his first letter?
(a) The dreams he is having.
(b) The name of his new wife.
(c) His address.
(d) The money he owes him.
3. When does the Main Character say that the Girlfriend is most likely to display her ears?
(a) When there are children around.
(b) During sex.
(c) When she wants attention.
(d) When there are animals around.
4. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character about her ears?
(a) They bring her great luck.
(b) She gets a high off showing them.
(c) They bring her great misery.
(d) She rarely displays them.
5. Who owns the bar that the Main Character visits in carrying out the Rat's request?
(c) The Gap Toothed Girl.
(d) The Main Character's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Strange Man tell the Business Partner to do with the object he gives him?
2. What does the Main Character say has happened to his business partner over the past several years?
3. Who is at the Main Character's apartment when he arrives home in Chapter 2?
4. Where do the Sixteen Steps that title Chapter 2 actually lead?
5. What best describes the Boss?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)