|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 13-14: The Rat's First Letter and The Rat's Second Letter and Part 5, Chapter 15-16: The Song is Over and She Drinks Her Salty Dog, Talking about the Sound of the Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Rat apologize for in his first letter to the Main Character?
(a) For leaving when their mother was ill.
(b) For sleeping with the Main Character's ex-wife.
(c) For leaving town without saying goodbye.
(d) For their last fight.
2. What does the Main Character say has happened to his business partner over the past several years?
(a) He has become a religious fanatic.
(b) He has become addicted to cocaine.
(c) He has grown weak from a chronic illness.
(d) He has become an alcoholic.
3. From where does the postmark indicate that the Rat's first letter is sent?
(d) The United States.
4. Whom does the Main Character live with?
(a) His cat.
(b) His father.
(c) An unseen roommate.
(d) No one.
5. What does the Rat tell the Main Character in his first letter?
(a) About the women he has slept with.
(b) About his courses at the University.
(c) About the towns he has traveled to.
(d) About the pictures he is painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who is at the Main Character's apartment in Chapter 2 tell him?
2. What do the Main Character and his business partner first discuss in Chapter 7?
3. Who once incarcerated the Boss?
4. Whom does the Strange Man demand to speak to?
5. What best describes the Boss?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)