|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 13-14: The Rat's First Letter and The Rat's Second Letter and Part 5, Chapter 15-16: The Song is Over and She Drinks Her Salty Dog, Talking about the Sound of the Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the Rat ask the Main Character to visit for him?
(a) A female friend.
(b) An old man.
(c) His mother.
(d) A religious man.
2. What best describes the Boss?
(a) A major player in the conservative publication business.
(b) A technological genius with strong liberal viewpoints.
(c) A major right-wing political figure.
(d) A powerful leader of a corrupt family run corporation.
3. What does the person who is at the Main Character's apartment in Chapter 2 tell him?
(a) That he is selfish.
(b) That he is invited to a party.
(c) That she still loves him.
(d) That he owes money.
4. What does the Rat apologize for in his first letter to the Main Character?
(a) For leaving when their mother was ill.
(b) For their last fight.
(c) For sleeping with the Main Character's ex-wife.
(d) For leaving town without saying goodbye.
5. What does the Main Character find in the back of the limo that the Strange Man sends to pick him up and bring him to the Boss?
(a) A travel mug with a sheep emblem.
(b) A lighter with a worm emblem.
(c) A travel mug with a worm emblem.
(d) A lighter with a sheep emblem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the Strange Man demand to speak to?
2. Whom does the Strange Man say he represents?
3. How does the Main Character first meet his girlfriend?
4. What does the Strange Man give to the Business Partner?
5. Where does the bar owner suggest that the Main Character stay while he is in town?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)