|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 13-14: The Rat's First Letter and The Rat's Second Letter and Part 5, Chapter 15-16: The Song is Over and She Drinks Her Salty Dog, Talking about the Sound of the Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Girlfriend tell the Main Character just before she shows him her ears for the first time?
(a) That she cannot be responsible for his sorrow.
(b) That they must make love immediately.
(c) That he will be at her command.
(d) That he must stay with her for a few months.
2. What does the Strange Man tell the Business Partner to do with the object he gives him?
(a) Gives it to the Main Character.
(b) Memorizes it.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Locks it in a safe.
3. Why does the Main Character say that his relationship with his ex-wife is over?
(a) She is leaving his best friend.
(b) She had an affair with his best friend.
(c) The Main Character is moving.
(d) The Main Character is dying.
4. Where does the Rat's second letter tell the Main Character is his final destination?
(a) In a city.
(b) On an island.
(c) On a farm.
(d) In the mountains.
5. What does the Main Character dream about in the limo on the way to the Boss's house?
(a) A hammer and a talking sheep.
(b) Pliers and a talking cow.
(c) The Girlfriend's ears on the Strange Man's head.
(d) The Girlfriends ears sitting on the seat next to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the unexpected visitor leave behind in Chapter 3?
2. What does the Main Character say about honest work in Chapter 7?
3. Who is referred to as the Boss?
4. Whom does the Rat ask the Main Character to visit for him?
5. What time is the Main Character told that the Boss would send a car for him?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)