|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 13-14: The Rat's First Letter and The Rat's Second Letter and Part 5, Chapter 15-16: The Song is Over and She Drinks Her Salty Dog, Talking about the Sound of the Waves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Rat include in his second letter to the Main Character?
(a) A picture and a check.
(b) An obituary and cash.
(c) A bulletin.
(d) A postcard.
2. Who tells the Main Character about a sheep in Chapter 6?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) The business partner.
(c) A messenger.
(d) His ex-wife.
3. What is in the photograph that the Main Character used in the bulletin?
(a) Worms digging in dirt.
(b) The Girlfriend and the Boss.
(c) A herd of sheep.
(d) A famous and powerful man.
4. What does the bar owner give the Main Character?
(b) A book.
(c) A list of addresses.
(d) A newspaper.
5. What does the unexpected visitor leave behind in Chapter 3?
(a) A slip.
(b) A book.
(c) A business card.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Rat tell the Main Character in his first letter?
2. What best describes the Girlfriend's feelings about her ears?
3. Whom does the Rat ask the Main Character to visit for him?
4. Whom does the Strange Man say he represents?
5. From where does the postmark indicate that the Rat's first letter is sent?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)