|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8, Chapter 33-35: She Leaves the Mountain; Hunger Strikes, A Find in the Garage; Thoughts in the Middle of the Pasture, and The Sheep Man Cometh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the trilateral power base that the Boss is said to control?
(a) Scientific institutions, a political party, and gold mines.
(b) Bankers, newspapers, and educational institutions.
(c) Japanese imports, publishing, and politicians.
(d) Politicians, information services, and stocks.
2. What fantasy does the man have as he is cooking dinner in Chapter 35?
(a) He imagines owning a restaurant.
(b) He imagines marrying the Girlfriend.
(c) He imagines cooking dinner for the Rat.
(d) He imagines getting on a train.
3. What vehicle is sent to pick up the cat?
(a) A dilapidated taxicab.
(b) The Strange Man's sleek black sedan.
(c) The Boss's Limo.
(d) An animal transport bus.
4. Who says that names are given to things with purpose that are familiar and not mass produced?
(a) The person who picks up the cat.
(b) The station attendant.
(c) The Main Character.
(d) The Girlfriend.
5. What type of station do the Main Character and the Girlfriend go to in Chapter 24?
Short Answer Questions
1. What political party is under the Boss's control?
2. What do the Main Character and the Girlfriend eat after arriving at the station in Chapter 24?
3. During the naming discussion in Chapter 24, what object is mentioned as a thing that is not named?
4. What does the Main Character drink in Chapter 9?
5. What does the Main Character find in the back of the limo that the Strange Man sends to pick him up and bring him to the Boss?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)