Part 1, Chapter 1: Wednesday Afternoon Picnic
1. Where does the opening scene of the novel occur?
(a) An unnamed village in Japan.
2. How does the Main Character first learn of the death in Chapter 1?
(a) He sees the person die.
(b) An obituary.
(c) A phone call.
(d) The news.
3. What is the name of the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) Not revealed.
4. What relationship does the Main Character share with the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) They were co-workers.
(b) They were former lovers.
(c) They are stepsiblings.
(d) They were married.
5. Where does the Main Character first meet the person who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) At primary school.
(b) At work.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A wedding.
6. Where does the Main Character go in Chapter 1?
(a) To a funeral.
(b) To a performance.
(c) To a school.
(d) To a temple.
7. What music does the Main Character recall hearing during his time with the person who dies were together?
(b) The Doors, the Stones, and the Moody Blues.
(c) Swing Music.
(d) Patsy Cline and Johnny Cash.
This section contains 5,329 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)