|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author listen to the singers?
(a) He liked to hear the echoes of voices against the brick.
(b) He liked to see the blonde girl in the choir sing.
(c) He preferred singers over instruments.
(d) He liked to hear the different parts of the music.
2. What was the name the author made up for Mrs. Solovey?
3. What has replaced an entire block of drugstores and candy shops in the neighborhood?
(a) Department stores.
(d) Second-hand furniture shops.
4. The author needed something urgent at the end of the chapter, The Block and Beyond, Pages 109-131. What did he need?
(a) To see his father.
(b) To see his mother.
(c) To use the facilities.
(d) To say his final goodbyes.
5. Why did the author run?
(a) To escape his block.
(b) To train for handball.
(c) To escape the junkyard dogs.
(d) To be the first to play follow the leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What memory is most strong for the author as he walks down Chester Street?
2. During the second year of The Great Depression, how long had it been since the author's father had work?
3. What hadn't the author learned yet when he had the discussion in a foreign language with Mrs. Solovey?
4. Where did the author first head when playing follow the leader?
5. Why did the author play the violin for the barber?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)