|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author rejoice to see in his kitchen?
(a) More customers than his mother had ever had before.
(b) A sink full of fresh produce.
(c) His cousin and her friends sitting at the table.
(d) His dad covered in paint from his first job in some time.
2. What was the keyword when referred to Mendy?
3. What kind of coat did Mr. Solovey wear?
4. Mr. and Mrs. Solovey had children, what were their children?
(a) Two sons.
(b) Three daughters.
(c) A son and two daughters.
(d) Two daughters.
5. Who's name was on the sign the boys pasted to the outside wall of a house on Chester Street?
(a) Eddie Cicotte.
(b) Cy Young.
(c) Babe Ruth.
(d) Dazzy Vance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the author call "The Chicken Lady?"
2. Why did the author run?
3. What emotion did the author feel when he was working during his sixteenth summer?
4. What did the author hide under his coat on the way home Passover week?
5. Why don't the children sleep inside?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)