|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the author's final paper been about?
(a) Mrs. Solovey's suicide.
(b) His relationship with his mother.
(c) A violin.
(d) His Socialist party friends.
2. What was the first restaurant the author ever sat in?
(a) "The Corner Bakery."
(b) "Elliott's Deli."
(c) "Adina's Cafe."
(d) The "Coffee Pot."
3. What was the keyword when referred to Mendy?
4. What time frame did the author always imagine himself walking through New York in?
(a) The 1890's.
(b) The 1880's.
(c) The 1900's.
(d) The 1850's.
5. During the summer, children sleep somewhere other than their beds in Brownsville. Where do they sleep?
(a) The front porch.
(b) The living room.
(c) The fire escapes.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's name was on the sign the boys pasted to the outside wall of a house on Chester Street?
2. What did the fat brother that owned the barber shop put through the delicatessen window?
3. What hadn't the author learned yet when he had the discussion in a foreign language with Mrs. Solovey?
4. What kind of coat did Mr. Solovey wear?
5. What could you see someone doing into the late hours of dusk in Brownsville?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)