|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What building does the author miss the most, though?
(a) The drugstore.
(b) The fabric shop.
(c) The candy shop.
(d) The hardware store.
2. Where did the author stop his nightly runs around the block during summertime?
(a) The Rylots.
(b) The drugstore.
(c) The candy store.
(d) The Soloveys.
3. Why did the author listen to the singers?
(a) He liked to see the blonde girl in the choir sing.
(b) He liked to hear the echoes of voices against the brick.
(c) He liked to hear the different parts of the music.
(d) He preferred singers over instruments.
4. What was the greatest mystery about the Soloveys?
(a) Why they moved so much.
(b) What they fought over.
(c) Where they were originally from.
(d) Why they were living in Brownsville.
5. Why did the author keep going back to the barber shop?
(a) To hear the latest political discussions.
(b) To read the newspapers from New York.
(c) To take lessons from the barber.
(d) To look at two pictures from the first world war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mr. Solovey's jacket always covered with?
2. Which of the stations is the author's favorite?
3. Why don't the children sleep inside?
4. Who was the neighbor girl dating that her mother was ashamed of?
5. What had the author's final paper been about?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)