|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What let the author know how he felt after he read his prayer book?
(a) By the feeling in his chest.
(b) By the thoughts he had the rest of the day.
(c) By the song in his head.
(d) By the discussions he had with his mother.
2. Who did the author call "The Chicken Lady?"
(a) Mrs. Klein.
(b) Mrs. Deutscher.
(c) Mrs. Baruch.
(d) Mrs. Rosenthal.
3. During the second year of The Great Depression, how long had it been since the author's father had work?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Nine weeks.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Three years.
4. Why did the author daydream of Mrs. Solovey?
(a) She had a mysterious life.
(b) She hypnotized him.
(c) He couldn't get past the scar on her face.
(d) He secretly loved her.
5. Who did the shacks on Livonia Avenue start filling up with during the depression?
(c) Irish immigrants.
(d) Jobless union workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the author's favorite of his Socialist party friends?
2. What street was the author's house on?
3. What did the author hide under his coat on the way home Passover week?
4. What word does the author use to describe many of the places in Pages 77-109?
5. How did the author feel it meant to be a Jew?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)