Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author always have in his hands when he was waiting fort the girl by the junkyard?
(a) His prayer book.
(b) His lucky penny.
(c) His little red books.
(d) His baseball mitt.
2. In front of what building did the author's father meet every Saturday morning?
(a) The hardware store.
(b) The Municipal Bank.
(c) The coffee shop.
(d) The delicatessen.
3. What political way of thinking did the author's parents practice?
4. Where does the author believe only truly free people are from?
(a) New York City.
5. Who did the author feel could intercede with God for him?
(a) The Biblical Deborah.
(b) His mother.
(c) His Rabbi.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author run away from his father?
2. Where does the author step off the train when he first enters Brownsville?
3. What did the author's mother do out of loneliness every evening?
4. What did the street always smell faintly of?
5. What was the author listening to when he last saw his childhood kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Twice a year, the author's mother would mourn her parent's deaths. What other significance did his mother's mourning hold for the author?
2. What are the author's main means of escape in this section?
3. What are the details the author remembers most about the drugstore?
4. How does the author describe the Episcopalian church in his childhood neighborhood?
5. What is so significant about the author not being able to find his mother during the funeral service for Mrs. Solovey?
6. What was the best part of the author's school experience and why?
7. Why did the author have such a hard time when his mother, cousin and her friends started talking about "Heym?"
8. When the author would play games with his friends, he would usually hide in the monument works. What was significant about the monument works?
9. Describe what happened at the drugstore after the author's childhood therapy session.
10. During the day the author's home was different than others. How was it different?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)