Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Part 1, From the Subway to the Synagogue, p. 1 - 30.
1. Describe the feelings the author first has when he enters his childhood neighborhood.
2. How has the author's childhood neighborhood not changed?
3. How does the author describe his childhood perception of the distance between Brownsville and New York?
4. Who does the demolished part of the author's childhood neighborhood remind the author of and why was she so important to him?
5. Which of the buildings in Brownsville that has been demolished holds the most fond...
This section contains 1,116 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)