1. Where does the author step off the train when he first enters Brownsville?
2. What is the era in which the author's childhood took place?
The Great Depression.
3. What feelings does the author experience when he gets off the train?
Rage, dread and unexpected tenderness.
4. When the narrative begins, how many years has it been since the author left to live in "the city?"
5. Who is it the author always sees first when he enters Brownsville?
The old women.
6. What can the author see in every ground floor kitchen window?
Containers of milk and fresh poppy seed rolls.
This section contains 4,997 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)