Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Part 1, From the Subway to the Synagogue, p. 1 - 30.
1. Where does the author step off the train when he first enters Brownsville?
2. What is the era in which the author's childhood took place?
3. What feelings does the author experience when he gets off the train?
4. When the narrative begins, how many years has it been since the author left to live in "the city?"
5. Who is it the author always sees first when he enters Brownsville?
6. What can the author see in every ground floor kitchen window?
7. What is seltzer to the poor Jews?
8. Where did the author think he lived as a child?
9. During his childhood...
This section contains 2,129 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)