|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer: The Way to Highland Park, p. 135 - 176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were political rival meetings held?
(a) The drugstore.
(c) The vegetarian restaurant.
(d) Pitkin Street.
2. What other author did the author feel he could trust?
(a) Samuel Hopkins Adams.
(b) Leo Tolstoy.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) William Blake.
3. Was Mr. Solovey a friendly man?
(c) He was friendly when he was in the drugstore.
(d) He was friendly when he wasn't in the drugstore.
4. When the author gets off at Fulton Street, how does he feel?
5. How did the author try to show his parents he loved them?
(a) He played his violin for them.
(b) He hugged them.
(c) He tried to get an after school job.
(d) He succeeded in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the second road the author mentions?
2. What feelings does the author experience when he gets off the train?
3. What description does the author give Belmont Avenue?
4. What did Mrs. E do when she abandoned her housework for a half hour every morning?
5. What trait did the author's mother posses that she was most ashamed of?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)