|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer: The Way to Highland Park, p. 135 - 176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the team receive if they won the competition between the "Army Navy" tests the civics teacher gave?
(a) A gold star.
(b) An automatic passing grade on a test.
(c) A free pass to the bathroom.
(d) A blue star.
2. Where did the civics teacher stand during the tests he gave?
(a) Behind his desk.
(b) In the middle of the classroom.
(c) At the back of the classroom.
(d) Outside the door.
3. What feelings does the author experience when he gets off the train?
(a) Hope, lightheartedness and joy.
(b) No feelings at all.
(c) Fear, loathing, and disgust.
(d) Rage, dread and unexpected tenderness.
4. What did the street always smell faintly of?
(a) The candy from the wholesaler's windows.
(b) The sewage from the squatter's lot.
(c) The garbage left on the curb.
(d) Freshly baked bread.
5. What made Mrs. Solovey leave the author's house?
(a) He asked her why she came to Brownsville.
(b) He told her about his mother's depression.
(c) He asked her if he could marry one of her daughters.
(d) He told her about his daydreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author try to show his parents he loved them?
2. What is the name of the second road the author mentions?
3. What has replaced an entire block of drugstores and candy shops in the neighborhood?
4. Why did the author daydream of Mrs. Solovey?
5. What part of the neighborhood tests the author?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)