|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer: The Way to Highland Park, p. 135 - 176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memory is most strong for the author as he walks down Chester Street?
(a) The memory of the candy store.
(b) The memories of follow the leader nights.
(c) The memory of the mad woman on the block.
(d) The memory of the sandwich dropping in the dust.
2. What did the Jews of Brownsville think of someone "going their own way" or not following tradition?
(a) It was courageous.
(b) It wasn't done.
(c) It was unthinkable.
(d) It was radical.
3. What drove the author's mother to work so hard?
(b) Duty to her husband.
(c) She felt the women in the neighborhood needed her.
(d) They needed the money.
4. What was the greatest mystery about the Soloveys?
(a) Why they moved so much.
(b) Where they were originally from.
(c) Why they were living in Brownsville.
(d) What they fought over.
5. What was the author's favorite school experience?
(a) Walking past the girls' bathroom.
(b) Saying the pledge of allegiance.
(c) Visiting the assembly hall.
(d) His weekly visits with the speech pathologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the keyword when referred to Mendy?
2. When was the author's "great moment" of the Sabbath?
3. What kind of dresses did Mrs. B wear?
4. Did the author feel he could openly discuss his feelings about God?
5. In Brownsville, what room of the house was the largest and most important?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)