|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Block and Beyond, p. 77 - 109.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname did the author's father give him?
2. What country did the civics teacher come from?
3. Where did the author run away from his father?
(a) Prospect Park.
(b) Grand Army Plaza.
(c) The Abraham and Straus Store.
(d) Atlantic Avenue.
4. Where did the author think he lived as a child?
(a) The end of the world.
(b) The best place a child could grow up.
(c) The most lonely place in the world.
(d) The place most suited to his family.
5. How did the author feel it meant to be a Jew?
(a) They were free in their part of town.
(b) They were superior to the other religions.
(c) Their very existance was questioned.
(d) They were the most choice of people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does the author give the second street?
2. Did the author feel he could openly discuss his feelings about God?
3. How did the author's parents feel of his generation?
4. What time frame did the author always imagine himself walking through New York in?
5. On Fifth Avenue, the author found something he was surprised by. What was it?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)