|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Kitchen, p. 51 - 73.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author preferred the movie house over the synagogue, why did he favor the movie house?
(a) There was nothing there to remind him of Brownsville.
(b) They sold popcorn and other wonderful treats.
(c) It was cool there during the summer, it was the only place that stayed cool.
(d) He could escape his parents there.
2. What is the name of the second road the author mentions?
(a) Pitkin Avenue.
(b) Broadway Street.
(c) Market Street.
(d) Hampton Avenue.
3. What emotion does the author speak of in great length in Section 3?
4. In front of what building did the author's father meet every Saturday morning?
(a) The Municipal Bank.
(b) The delicatessen.
(c) The coffee shop.
(d) The hardware store.
5. What did the three dressmakers and the author's mother speak of that made the author upset?
(b) The war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What still lines Belmont Avenue that was there during the author's childhood?
2. What did the author do every time he walked into the civics teachers classroom?
3. The author's mother was a hard worker but there was something she couldn't do. What was that one thing?
4. What was the author's favorite delight in all seasons?
5. What did the author's mother do to remember her parent's deaths?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)