|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Block and Beyond, p. 77 - 109.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did the author feel he could openly discuss his feelings about God?
(c) He felt he could only discuss them with his friends from school.
(d) He only felt he could express them to his parents.
2. What did the author's family regularly do after their Friday night discussions?
(a) Go for a walk around the neighborhood.
(b) Read the newspaper.
(c) Listen to music.
(d) Play conasta.
3. What did the women of Brownsville force their children to do?
(a) Stay outside until dinner was ready.
(b) Beat rugs on the stoop.
(c) Shop for dinner.
4. What did the team receive if they won the competition between the "Army Navy" tests the civics teacher gave?
(a) A free pass to the bathroom.
(b) A blue star.
(c) A gold star.
(d) An automatic passing grade on a test.
5. How did the author's parents feel of his generation?
(a) They were free.
(b) They were foolish.
(c) They were careless.
(d) They were too frivolous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author first head when playing follow the leader?
2. How did the author feel it meant to be a Jew?
3. What profession was the author's mother?
4. The author preferred the movie house over the synagogue, why did he favor the movie house?
5. When was the author's "great moment" of the Sabbath?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)