1. How long is the Appalachian Trail and in what states does it begin and end?
The AT is 2,100 miles long and runs from Georgia to Maine.
2. What are the benefits Bill Bryson believes he will get from hiking the Appalachian Trail?
Bryson will become fit, become reacquainted with America's natural beauty, and learn how to survive in the wilderness.
3. Describe the two things Bryson is shocked about when he goes to buy equipment for the hike.
Bryson is shocked by the expensive price of equipment and how everything he buys requires an additional piece of equipment.
4. Summarize what Bryson does when he brings all his camping equipment home.
Bryson brings it to the basement, sets up the tent, spreads out the sleeping bag, and crawls inside.
5. Summarize what Bryson reads about on winter nights before he sets out on the Appalachian Trail.
Bryson reads about bear attacks on hikers camping in the wilderness.
This section contains 2,041 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)