Short Answer Key
1. Where does Bryson reside in the beginning of the book?
2. How long is the Appalachian Trail?
3. What is the most compelling reason for Bryson to hike the trail?
The temperate zone forest is quickly vanishing.
4. What is one of Bryson's fears about the hike?
All the wildlife roaming about in the woods
5. Which is another of Bryson's fears?
6. The north point of the Appalachian Trail begins in which state?
7. Where do most hikers begin the Appalachian Trail?
From south to north
8. How long is the average hike time for the complete trail?
9. What is the pack weight for the average Appalachian hiker?
10. What surprises Bryson about his equipment shopping trip?
The amount and prices of the gear exceed...
This section contains 2,723 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)