|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Katz and Bryson get to Knoxville?
(a) Riding in a cab
(b) Riding in a dump truck
(c) Riding on a horse
(d) Riding in a wagon
2. What is unusual about the town of Centralia?
(a) It has toxic waterways.
(b) It has a rare form of iron ore.
(c) An underground fire has been burning for decades.
(d) It has rare flowering trees.
3. What is the idea of Trail Magic that all AT hikers believe?
(a) When things look hopeless and will never change, along comes a positive change.
(b) Camp should be set by 6 p.m.
(c) Never stay more than two days in the same spot.
(d) A hiking party of five is a bad luck omen.
4. What are parts of the original Appalachian Trail plans that are never realized?
(a) Memorial markers for great leaders and for ordinary people
(b) Small clinics for treating minor injuries and bites
(c) Hostels, inns and woodland villages
(d) Bus roads for touring
5. Who sees hiking as a dirty, pointless endeavor?
(a) Mary Ellen
(c) Bryson's wife
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Bryson gear shopping etiquette instructions?
2. What is the true creature of the Smokies?
3. What do Bryson and Katz plan to do after eight days of hiking?
4. Why do Bryson and Katz hike to old iron works?
5. How long is the average hike time for the complete trail?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)