|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bryson describe the town of Hanover where he lives?
(a) A busy, overcrowded town
(b) A small, typical New England college town
(c) A quiet, boring town
(d) A rowdy college town
2. What mountain inspired Melville's Moby Dick.
(a) Mount Greylock
(b) Mount Lafayette
(c) Mount Washington
(d) Mount McKinley
3. What does Bryson discover when it starts raining in the mountains of New England?
(a) He forgot his boots.
(b) He forgot his rain jacket.
(c) He forgot his rain hat.
(d) He forgot his waterproof backpack.
4. How does Bryson feel about not hiking the entire Appalachian Trail?
(a) He is angry at himself.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He feels good about it.
(d) He feels like a failure.
5. Who maintains the stone lodges which are located in the White Mountains?
(a) The White Mountain Society
(b) The National Forest Service
(c) The Appalachian Mountain Club
(d) The state of New Hampshire
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bryson and Katz begin hiking?
2. What is it about the airline person that prompts Bryson to question the man's intelligence?
3. What is the idea of Trail Magic that all AT hikers believe?
4. Where does Bryson suggest he and Katz go to begin hiking again?
5. How many Union troops does Stonewall Jackson capture at Harper's Ferry?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)