|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the amusement park Dolly Parton built in Gatlinburg?
2. Which is another of Bryson's fears?
(a) Lack of needed stamina
(c) Inadequate planning
(d) Inadequate supplies
3. Who sees hiking as a dirty, pointless endeavor?
(a) Mary Ellen
(c) Bryson's wife
4. What occupies Bryson's thoughts as he awaits springtime?
(a) His shaky finances
(b) His troubled son
(c) His teaching post at the university
(d) Bear attacks
5. Which beautiful Appalachian ranges are at the north and west of Pennsylvania?
(a) Washington, Lafayette, and McKinley
(b) Overland Mountain, Pike's Peak, and Jefferson Range
(c) Nittany, Jacks, and Tussey
(d) Crescent Peak, Clingman's Bluff, and Tuckerman's Ravine
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the odd method Bryson uses to find a hiking partner?
2. What do Bryson and Katz decide to do when they see a full map of the Appalachian Trail?
3. What is the date Bryson and Katz begin their walk in the woods?
4. While Bryson climbs the first mountain, what is Katz doing well behind him?
5. What do Bryson and Katz plan to do after eight days of hiking?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)