|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Bryson and Katz on the morning hike after the snowstorm?
(a) Zeke and Festus
(b) 8 college students
(c) Darren and Donna
(d) Jim and Heath from Chattanooga
2. Where do Bryson and Katz decide to return to the trail?
(a) Spivey Gap
(c) Clingman's Dome
(d) Mount Washington
3. What is the usual pattern of hours Bryson and Katz hike?
(a) 9:00 AM to 3 PM
(b) 10:00 AM to 3 PM
(c) 7:30 AM to 4 PM
(d) 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
4. What does the far shore of Fontana Lake border?
(a) The boundary of North Carolina
(b) The boundary of Smoky Mountain National Park
(c) The southern boundary of Great Smoky Mountain National Park
(d) The boundary of the Tennessee Valley
5. What is the date Bryson and Katz begin their walk in the woods?
(a) April 1, 1995
(b) March 1, 1995
(c) April 6, 1996
(d) March 9, 1996
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the average hike time for the complete trail?
2. Where do Bryson and Katz stay after eight days of hiking?
3. What prevents Bryson from continuing his hike in Pennsylvania when he is just hitting his stride?
4. What is the physical condition of Bryson and Katz when they reach Clingman's Dome?
5. What is the strange move Katz makes when he realizes they have chosen too much food?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)