|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the unexpected factor with the snowstorm?
(a) Sudden onset
(b) The total lack of wind
(c) The fierce wind
(d) Rapid accumulation
2. What is causing Bryson and Katz to hurry the descent of Blood Mountain?
(a) Katz is sick and getting sicker
(b) A substantial storm is almost upon them
(c) Thoughts of Walasi-Yi Inn, having sandwiches and ice cream
(d) They have seen 3 bears
3. What does Bryson notice while walking the trail in Georgia?
(a) Surrounding woods bring on almost a trance like state
(b) Infrequent swarms of biting flies
(c) Hours of quiet solitude
(d) Paper and plastic bottle litter
4. What do Bryson and Katz talk about as they dine in the Georgia Mountain Restaurant in Hiawassee?
(a) The great food in the finest restaurants in Boston and New York
(b) The life and times of a cockroach
(c) The pros and cons of renting a mule
(d) The abandonment of their uninvited hiking partner
5. What does Bryson consider a miracle about the Appalachian Trail?
(a) The trail has millions of visitors.
(b) The trail is not as hard as he thought.
(c) The trail has existed for six decades.
(d) The trail has changed so many times in six decades.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bryson's longstanding impression of the woods?
2. What is the amusement in the bunkhouse for about 30 minutes?
3. What happens three or four times a day as Bryson and Katz hike the trail?
4. What is the major drawback of AT trail maps?
5. What did the future hold for Earl Schaffer?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)