|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an accurate description of Bryson and Katz's new friend?
2. What are Katz and Bryson confronted with when they reach High Top?
(a) The Smoky Mountains
(b) A raging river
(c) A deep gorge
(d) A steep cliff
3. What is the name of the blind man who hikes the entire Appalachian Trail with his seeing eye dog?
(a) David Horton
(b) Bill Irwin
(c) Woodrow Murphey
(d) Bill Thorton
4. Why is Katz walking most places at the time he calls Bill?
(a) He is on a rigorous fitness program.
(b) He is on a fad diet and exercise routine.
(c) He is recovering from a heart attack.
(d) His car has been repossessed.
5. What was enacted in 1968 to create 25,000 miles of new hiking trails in America?
(a) The Federal Trail Development Act
(b) The Federal Hiking Act
(c) The National Hiking Act
(d) The National Trails System Act
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the daydream of every hiker as they walk the trail?
2. The north point of the Appalachian Trail begins in which state?
3. Where were twenty miles of trail lopped off in 1958?
4. What are Bryson and Katz's reaction to the commercialism of Knoxville?
5. Where do most hikers begin the Appalachian Trail?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)