|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cabdriver suggest Bryson and Katz do to get to their destination?
(a) Rent a car
(b) Catch the train
(c) Go by bus
(d) Rent a motorscooter
2. Where were twenty miles of trail lopped off in 1958?
(a) New Hampshire to Vermont
(b) Gatlinburg to Knoxville
(c) Mount Oglethorpe to Springer Mountain
(d) Mount Washington to Tuckerman's Ravine
3. What was the famous event that took place in Dayton in 1925?
(a) Scopes trial
(b) Gangland shooting
(c) Dayton tornado
(d) Flash flood
4. Who is the new friend Bryson and Katz meet on the trail?
(b) Sue Ellen
(d) Mary Ellen
5. Which group is responsible for the maintenance of the trail?
(a) U. S. Department of Environmental Affairs
(b) U. S. Department of the Interior
(c) Solely volunteer groups
(d) National Park Service
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third state through which Bryson and Katz travel?
2. What is the only accommodation available at the campground?
3. Of what material are the shelters in the Rockies constructed?
4. What is the physical condition of Bryson and Katz when they reach Clingman's Dome?
5. What is Katz planning to do in Franklin?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)