|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the record for the longest section hike along the Appalachian Trail?
(a) Twenty years
(b) Seventeen years
(c) Thirty-two years
(d) Forty-six years
2. How long is the Appalachian Trail?
(a) 2700 miles
(b) 2100 miles
(c) 800 miles
(d) 1200 miles
3. Where do botanists consider the finest mix of mesophytic forest?
(a) The Blue Ridge Mountains
(b) The White Mountains
(c) The Rockies
(d) The Smokies
4. What is the amusement in the bunkhouse for about 30 minutes?
(a) Watching the stove slide on the slick floor
(b) Watching a camping crew try to fix the bunkhouse door
(c) Watching the firewood explode in the stove
(d) Watching Katz trying to get in the third level bunk
5. Which true story by author, Herrero, describes the injuries a grizzly can deliver quickly?
(a) A woman tourist was attacked and her 3 month old baby was eaten whole by a bear.
(b) A woman hiker got her leg bitten clean off and survived.
(c) A hunter got his face ripped off by a supposedly dead bear and survived.
(d) A bear tore all the skin from the back and the butt of a hiker squatting for a rest stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the attractions in Gatlinburg?
2. Who is the new friend Bryson and Katz meet on the trail?
3. What does Katz buy in Franklin that irritates Bryson?
4. What is it about the airline person that prompts Bryson to question the man's intelligence?
5. What are parts of the original Appalachian Trail plans that are never realized?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)