|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was enacted in 1968 to create 25,000 miles of new hiking trails in America?
(a) The National Trails System Act
(b) The National Hiking Act
(c) The Federal Trail Development Act
(d) The Federal Hiking Act
2. What makes the trail easier for Bryson and Katz when they hike on after the snowstorm?
(a) A hiker before them patted down the snow.
(b) Bryson and Katz put spikes on their shoes.
(c) The snow melts quickly.
(d) Someone went through with a snowmobile, making a path.
3. What makes Bryson and Katz decide not to hike the whole Appalachian Trail?
(a) They want to get home quicker.
(b) They are tired.
(c) They miss their families.
(d) They see a map of the trail and realize they have so far to go.
4. What does Bryson want to do right after getting cleaned up?
(a) Get back to the hiking trail
(b) Make a campsite cooking fire and warm his hands
(c) Take a nap
(d) Read his books
5. What does Bryson notice while walking the trail in Georgia?
(a) Infrequent swarms of biting flies
(b) Paper and plastic bottle litter
(c) Hours of quiet solitude
(d) Surrounding woods bring on almost a trance like state
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is 12-year-old David Anderson mauled and killed by a black bear?
2. What is the third state through which Bryson and Katz travel?
3. How many people are attacked by bears each year on the entire AT?
4. What did the future hold for Earl Schaffer?
5. What is the date Bryson and Katz begin their walk in the woods?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)