|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Gatlinburg located?
(a) Near Shenandoah Valley
(b) Just outside Knoxville
(c) Close to Waynesboro
(d) Just outside the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
2. What is the fate of any enterprise in America that does not reinvent itself?
(a) It is superseded or abandoned.
(b) It is considered quaint.
(c) It retains a loyal following
(d) It continues to struggle.
3. What is the description of Georgia highlanders?
(a) Exceedingly poor but happy
(b) Downtrodden and joyful
(c) Constantly striving to gain acceptance
(d) Depraved, rude, uncivilized
4. Who is the new friend Bryson and Katz meet on the trail?
(b) Sue Ellen
(c) Mary Ellen
5. Where does Bryson reside in the beginning of the book?
(b) New Hampshire
Short Answer Questions
1. While Bryson climbs the first mountain, what is Katz doing well behind him?
2. What happens three or four times a day as Bryson and Katz hike the trail?
3. What is the physical condition of Bryson and Katz when they reach Clingman's Dome?
4. In March and April, what percent of hikers drop out the first week?
5. What do the dreary Georgia towns and the dreary people bring to mind?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)