|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Bryson climbs the first mountain, what is Katz doing well behind him?
(a) Sitting while reading maps
(b) Making coffee and eating sugary snacks
(c) Throwing items out of his heavy pack in a fit of temper
(d) Pitching camp in midday for the upcoming night
2. What is the idea of Trail Magic that all AT hikers believe?
(a) When things look hopeless and will never change, along comes a positive change.
(b) Camp should be set by 6 p.m.
(c) A hiking party of five is a bad luck omen.
(d) Never stay more than two days in the same spot.
3. Which group is responsible for the maintenance of the trail?
(a) National Park Service
(b) U. S. Department of the Interior
(c) U. S. Department of Environmental Affairs
(d) Solely volunteer groups
4. What is one of Bryson's fears about the hike?
(a) All the wildlife roaming about in the woods
(b) Time off from employment is frowned upon
(c) Adequate funds to complete the hike is doubtful
(d) Security of the homestead
5. Which true story by author, Herrero, describes the injuries a grizzly can deliver quickly?
(a) A bear tore all the skin from the back and the butt of a hiker squatting for a rest stop.
(b) A hunter got his face ripped off by a supposedly dead bear and survived.
(c) A woman hiker got her leg bitten clean off and survived.
(d) A woman tourist was attacked and her 3 month old baby was eaten whole by a bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is 12-year-old David Anderson mauled and killed by a black bear?
2. What does railroad man, Henry Bagley, do in 1890?
3. What is the food Bryson has about which Katz gets excited?
4. How are Bryson and Katz covering the last 11 miles to Hiawassee?
5. What does Bryson want to do right after getting cleaned up?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)