|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Bryson and Katz covering the last 11 miles to Hiawassee?
(b) A very fast walking pace
(c) An unusual number of sitting rest stops
(d) A very slow walking pace
2. What is the description of Georgia highlanders?
(a) Downtrodden and joyful
(b) Depraved, rude, uncivilized
(c) Constantly striving to gain acceptance
(d) Exceedingly poor but happy
3. The north point of the Appalachian Trail begins in which state?
4. What is one of Bryson's fears about the hike?
(a) Security of the homestead
(b) Adequate funds to complete the hike is doubtful
(c) Time off from employment is frowned upon
(d) All the wildlife roaming about in the woods
5. Where is MacKaye's trail idea first published?
(a) In the New York Times
(b) In an architectural journal
(c) In a guide for summer hiking
(d) In his hometown newspaper in Cambridge MA
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the Appalachian Trail?
2. What is the story Katz tells as they recline on Indian Grove Gap?
3. What item does Katz throw out of his pack to lighten the weight?
4. Who gives Bryson gear shopping etiquette instructions?
5. What happens three or four times a day as Bryson and Katz hike the trail?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)