|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupies Bryson's thoughts as he awaits springtime?
(a) Bear attacks
(b) His troubled son
(c) His shaky finances
(d) His teaching post at the university
2. How many people are attacked by bears each year on the entire AT?
3. What is Bryson's longstanding impression of the woods?
(a) Woods are spooky
(b) Woods are a great place to relax
(c) Woods are nature's ordered masterpiece
(d) Woods are nature's library
4. Where does Bryson set up the tent for practice?
(a) In his neighbor's yard
(b) In his basement
(c) In his driveway
(d) On his patio
5. What does railroad man, Henry Bagley, do in 1890?
(a) Lays railroad track that disrupts the continuity of the trail
(b) Builds a small town in the clear cut, with train service to Atlanta
(c) Builds labor housing in the woods, laborers ignite a huge forest fire
(d) Begins Georgia clear cutting that lasts about forty years
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group is responsible for the maintenance of the trail?
2. Where does Bryson reside in the beginning of the book?
3. What is an accurate description of Bryson and Katz's new friend?
4. What does Mary Ellen tell another hiker at Plumorchard Gap Shelter about Katz and Bryson?
5. What is Bryson surprised to find at the first shelter?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)