|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date Bryson and Katz begin their walk in the woods?
(a) March 9, 1996
(b) March 1, 1995
(c) April 6, 1996
(d) April 1, 1995
2. What does Bryson conclude is the best advice in dealing with a bear in your midst?
(a) Never run and attempt to hide because the bear will always pursue.
(b) Always run and attempt to hide and the bear will lose interest.
(c) No one really knows; opinions vary and contradict each other.
(d) Loudly sing a song because a bear will listen to unfamiliar sounds and will then depart.
3. What is the food Bryson has about which Katz gets excited?
(a) Candy bars
4. What is the story Katz tells as they recline on Indian Grove Gap?
(a) A man snorted too much, one day popped an eyeball and the dog ate it.
(b) A turkey plucked out Grandpa Katz' eyeball and ate it.
(c) Grandma Katz was attacked by an impatient buzzard that ate her eyeball.
(d) A blind juggler used his two eyeballs that had been surgically removed.
5. What does Bryson want to do right after getting cleaned up?
(a) Read his books
(b) Get back to the hiking trail
(c) Make a campsite cooking fire and warm his hands
(d) Take a nap
Short Answer Questions
1. While Bryson climbs the first mountain, what is Katz doing well behind him?
2. What are parts of the original Appalachian Trail plans that are never realized?
3. What is a common trade in northern Georgia?
4. Why is Katz walking most places at the time he calls Bill?
5. Where does Bryson reside in the beginning of the book?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)