|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the average hike time for the complete trail?
(a) 10 weeks
(b) Four months
(c) 3 months
(d) 2 months
2. What do the dreary Georgia towns and the dreary people bring to mind?
(a) A series of last settlements as the area nears the point of logged out
(b) The movie, Deliverance
(c) An ambitious people in process of improving their lot
(d) A tough working class of people
3. What is causing Bryson and Katz to hurry the descent of Blood Mountain?
(a) Thoughts of Walasi-Yi Inn, having sandwiches and ice cream
(b) They have seen 3 bears
(c) A substantial storm is almost upon them
(d) Katz is sick and getting sicker
4. What is the usual pattern of hours Bryson and Katz hike?
(a) 7:30 AM to 4 PM
(b) 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
(c) 9:00 AM to 3 PM
(d) 10:00 AM to 3 PM
5. Who gives Bryson gear shopping etiquette instructions?
(b) Daughter's boyfriend
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the Appalachian Trail?
2. Where does Bryson reside in the beginning of the book?
3. What is an accurate description of Bryson and Katz's new friend?
4. Who is the new friend Bryson and Katz meet on the trail?
5. In March and April, what percent of hikers drop out the first week?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)