|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the strange move Katz makes when he realizes they have chosen too much food?
(a) He abandons the full cart in the aisle, gets an empty cart and starts over.
(b) He removes most of the items then reloads with many canned beans.
(c) He removes all items from the cart except the freeze dried.
(d) He removes all the crackers, cookies and candy.
2. What does Bryson notice while walking the trail in Georgia?
(a) Hours of quiet solitude
(b) Surrounding woods bring on almost a trance like state
(c) Infrequent swarms of biting flies
(d) Paper and plastic bottle litter
3. What is David Anderson doing when the bear attacks?
(a) Sleeping in his tent
(b) Eating a Snickers bar
(c) Cooking hamburgers
(d) Making too much noise in the woods
4. What is a major drawback to accepting a ride in the Pontiac?
(a) The car seems to be overheating.
(b) The young couple shouts and argues.
(c) The driver is extremely drunk.
(d) The music is painfully loud.
5. In what year is the Appalachian Trail formally completed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the Appalachian Trail?
2. Who gives Bryson gear shopping etiquette instructions?
3. Where is MacKaye's trail idea first published?
4. Where do most hikers begin the Appalachian Trail?
5. What is a common trade in northern Georgia?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)