|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chicken John's claim to fame?
(a) He has been hiking the trail for half a year.
(b) He has hiked the trail seven times.
(c) He hikes the trail every year.
(d) He eats chickens every day.
2. Who joins Bryson and Katz in one of the Shenandoah shelters?
(a) The Boy Scouts
(b) Park rangers
(c) Mary Ellen
(d) A newlywed couple
3. What are parts of the original Appalachian Trail plans that are never realized?
(a) Hostels, inns and woodland villages
(b) Bus roads for touring
(c) Small clinics for treating minor injuries and bites
(d) Memorial markers for great leaders and for ordinary people
4. What is the record for the longest section hike along the Appalachian Trail?
(a) Forty-six years
(b) Thirty-two years
(c) Seventeen years
(d) Twenty years
5. What prevents Bryson from continuing his hike in Pennsylvania when he is just hitting his stride?
(a) Centralia Mine
(b) Tuckerman's Ravine
(c) Palmerton Gorge
(d) Lehigh Gap
Short Answer Questions
1. Who set up the American Literary, Scientific, and Military Academy in 1785?
2. What is a major drawback to accepting a ride in the Pontiac?
3. What is causing Bryson and Katz to hurry the descent of Blood Mountain?
4. Who is one of the most famous thru hikers of the Appalachian Trail?
5. What are Katz and Bryson confronted with when they reach High Top?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)