|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bryson discover when he walks to Kmart in Waynesboro?
(a) It is a pleasant, sunny walk.
(b) It is an easy walk along the highway.
(c) Walking to Kmart is harder than hiking the Appalachian Trail.
(d) It is a short, boring walk.
2. How does Bryson describe the town of Hanover where he lives?
(a) A busy, overcrowded town
(b) A quiet, boring town
(c) A small, typical New England college town
(d) A rowdy college town
3. What is Bryson's goal before he meets up with Katz again?
(a) Staying in shape
(b) Hiking as much of New Hampshire as possible
(c) Hiking as much of Vermont as possible.
(d) Joining a gym
4. What is the highest point on the Appalachian Trail?
(a) Pike's Peak
(b) Clingman's Dome
(c) Crescent Ridge
(d) The Blue Ridge Mountains
5. What is the strange move Katz makes when he realizes they have chosen too much food?
(a) He abandons the full cart in the aisle, gets an empty cart and starts over.
(b) He removes all items from the cart except the freeze dried.
(c) He removes most of the items then reloads with many canned beans.
(d) He removes all the crackers, cookies and candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of trees grew in the forest of the Appalachian Trail in 1948?
2. When does Bryson get back on the trail for day hikes?
3. What is the third state through which Bryson and Katz travel?
4. What does Katz tell Bryson he has to protect them from bears?
5. What is killing all the hemlock trees along the Appalachian Trail?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)