|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the historical significance of Harper's Ferry?
(a) This is where John Brown and his men capture the Federal army in an attempt to liberate the slaves.
(b) This is where the first riverboat is set afloat.
(c) This is the first ferry in West Virginia.
(d) This is the first ferry built along the Appalachian Trail.
2. When does Bryson get back on the trail for day hikes?
(a) The end of June
(b) The middle of July
(c) The end of May
(d) The beginning of June
3. What is a diversion available at the campground?
(a) Listening to country music for endless hours
(b) Playing board games endlessly
(c) Hanging out at the stove in the office
(d) Looking at hanging wall pictures of previous hikers
4. What has devastated a mountain of foliage in Palmerton?
(a) Gypsy moth caterpillars
(b) Fire ants
(d) A zinc factory
5. What is Chicken John's claim to fame?
(a) He has been hiking the trail for half a year.
(b) He has hiked the trail seven times.
(c) He eats chickens every day.
(d) He hikes the trail every year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a common trade in northern Georgia?
2. What is college student, Zack, doing about the snowbound situation?
3. What does Bryson want to do right after getting cleaned up?
4. What are the weather conditions like on Mount Washington?
5. Who maps out the actual paths and begins construction?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)