|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Katz determined to take a top bunk?
(a) He intends to sleep late in to the morning
(b) He distrusts most of the crowd
(c) Heat rises
(d) Odors at floor level are nauseating
2. What is the unexpected factor with the snowstorm?
(a) The total lack of wind
(b) Rapid accumulation
(c) Sudden onset
(d) The fierce wind
3. What creatures were living in Birch Spring Gap Shelter?
4. What happens to Bryson while hiking in the rain?
(a) He catches a cold.
(b) He comes close to hypothermia.
(c) He slips down a cliff.
(d) He falls in the mud.
5. What is the date Bryson and Katz begin their walk in the woods?
(a) March 9, 1996
(b) April 6, 1996
(c) April 1, 1995
(d) March 1, 1995
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Bryson and Katz stay after eight days of hiking?
2. How do Katz and Bryson get to Knoxville?
3. What are Katz and Bryson confronted with when they reach High Top?
4. Which group is responsible for the maintenance of the trail?
5. What do the dreary Georgia towns and the dreary people bring to mind?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)