|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is David Anderson doing when the bear attacks?
(a) Sleeping in his tent
(b) Making too much noise in the woods
(c) Cooking hamburgers
(d) Eating a Snickers bar
2. What is the primary role of the Forest Service?
(a) Road building
(b) Negotiate with logging contractors
(c) Develop scenic views, rest stops, and camping areas
(d) Maintaining hiking trails
3. What is the story Katz tells as they recline on Indian Grove Gap?
(a) A man snorted too much, one day popped an eyeball and the dog ate it.
(b) A blind juggler used his two eyeballs that had been surgically removed.
(c) Grandma Katz was attacked by an impatient buzzard that ate her eyeball.
(d) A turkey plucked out Grandpa Katz' eyeball and ate it.
4. What is Benton MacKaye's job?
(a) Collaborating with labor unions on U. S. Labor Department projects.
(b) Coordinating WPA projects in the state of Georgia.
(c) Coordinating WPA projects in New York state.
(d) Coming up with ideas to improve efficiency and morale in the U. S. Labor Department
5. Why are grizzly bears not a concern on the trail?
(a) The Park Service shoots all grizzly bears on sight.
(b) Grizzly bears do not roam east of the Mississippi River.
(c) The black bear population has driven off the grizzly bears.
(d) Disease unique to the grizzly bear has wiped out the population.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bryson and Katz talk about as they dine in the Georgia Mountain Restaurant in Hiawassee?
2. What is the odd method Bryson uses to find a hiking partner?
3. What is the usual pattern of hours Bryson and Katz hike?
4. Who maps out the actual paths and begins construction?
5. What does Bryson want to do right after getting cleaned up?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)