|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the primary role of the Forest Service?
(a) Maintaining hiking trails
(b) Develop scenic views, rest stops, and camping areas
(c) Negotiate with logging contractors
(d) Road building
2. What is the idea of Trail Magic that all AT hikers believe?
(a) Never stay more than two days in the same spot.
(b) Camp should be set by 6 p.m.
(c) When things look hopeless and will never change, along comes a positive change.
(d) A hiking party of five is a bad luck omen.
3. What is Bryson surprised to find at the first shelter?
(a) A crowd of hikers
(b) The shelter is teeming with bugs, spiders and crawlies
(c) The shelter has fallen in and has no roof
(d) The shelter has burned from a careless campfire
4. What is Bryson's joking impression of God's plan for him?
(a) Not realize he reached the end of AT, hike a thousand miles in to Canada
(b) Spend a little time with "each of the most stupid people on earth"
(c) To be treed by a bear and starve to death in the tree
(d) Fall from a cliff 100 yards before the end of the trail
5. What is the strange move Katz makes when he realizes they have chosen too much food?
(a) He removes all the crackers, cookies and candy.
(b) He abandons the full cart in the aisle, gets an empty cart and starts over.
(c) He removes most of the items then reloads with many canned beans.
(d) He removes all items from the cart except the freeze dried.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Bryson and Katz covering the last 11 miles to Hiawassee?
2. What is the story Katz tells as they recline on Indian Grove Gap?
3. What is college student, Zack, doing about the snowbound situation?
4. What is the description of Georgia highlanders?
5. What happens three or four times a day as Bryson and Katz hike the trail?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)