|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bryson and Katz talk about as they dine in the Georgia Mountain Restaurant in Hiawassee?
(a) The life and times of a cockroach
(b) The great food in the finest restaurants in Boston and New York
(c) The abandonment of their uninvited hiking partner
(d) The pros and cons of renting a mule
2. What is the description of Georgia highlanders?
(a) Downtrodden and joyful
(b) Constantly striving to gain acceptance
(c) Exceedingly poor but happy
(d) Depraved, rude, uncivilized
3. What does Bryson conclude is the best advice in dealing with a bear in your midst?
(a) Always run and attempt to hide and the bear will lose interest.
(b) Loudly sing a song because a bear will listen to unfamiliar sounds and will then depart.
(c) Never run and attempt to hide because the bear will always pursue.
(d) No one really knows; opinions vary and contradict each other.
4. What is Katz planning to do in Franklin?
(a) Idle in town for several days
(b) Go to the movies
(c) Go shopping
(d) Find a woman
5. What is the title of the book Bill reads snuggled in bed weeks before the walk begins?
(a) Bears and Bobcats, We Share the World
(b) Camping Fun for the Family
(c) Bear Attacks: Their Causes and Avoidance
(d) 10 Steps for Safe Camping
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bryson surprised to find at the first shelter?
2. What is the only accommodation available at the campground?
3. What does Bryson notice while walking the trail in Georgia?
4. In March and April, what percent of hikers drop out the first week?
5. How many people are attacked by bears each year on the entire AT?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)