|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the book Bill reads snuggled in bed weeks before the walk begins?
(a) Bears and Bobcats, We Share the World
(b) Camping Fun for the Family
(c) Bear Attacks: Their Causes and Avoidance
(d) 10 Steps for Safe Camping
2. What is a diversion available at the campground?
(a) Playing board games endlessly
(b) Listening to country music for endless hours
(c) Looking at hanging wall pictures of previous hikers
(d) Hanging out at the stove in the office
3. What does Bryson want to do right after getting cleaned up?
(a) Get back to the hiking trail
(b) Take a nap
(c) Read his books
(d) Make a campsite cooking fire and warm his hands
4. What does Bryson notice while walking the trail in Georgia?
(a) Paper and plastic bottle litter
(b) Infrequent swarms of biting flies
(c) Surrounding woods bring on almost a trance like state
(d) Hours of quiet solitude
5. What does Mary Ellen tell another hiker at Plumorchard Gap Shelter about Katz and Bryson?
(a) They are wimps.
(b) They helped her out alot.
(c) She is afraid on the trail without them.
(d) She is grateful for all they did for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an accurate description of Bryson and Katz's new friend?
2. Why is Katz determined to take a top bunk?
3. What is Katz planning to do in Franklin?
4. What is the daydream of every hiker as they walk the trail?
5. What is the usual pattern of hours Bryson and Katz hike?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)