|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bryson want to do right after getting cleaned up?
(a) Take a nap
(b) Read his books
(c) Make a campsite cooking fire and warm his hands
(d) Get back to the hiking trail
2. Which true story by author, Herrero, describes the injuries a grizzly can deliver quickly?
(a) A bear tore all the skin from the back and the butt of a hiker squatting for a rest stop.
(b) A hunter got his face ripped off by a supposedly dead bear and survived.
(c) A woman hiker got her leg bitten clean off and survived.
(d) A woman tourist was attacked and her 3 month old baby was eaten whole by a bear.
3. Who joins Bryson and Katz on the morning hike after the snowstorm?
(a) Darren and Donna
(b) 8 college students
(c) Jim and Heath from Chattanooga
(d) Zeke and Festus
4. Which group is responsible for the maintenance of the trail?
(a) National Park Service
(b) U. S. Department of Environmental Affairs
(c) Solely volunteer groups
(d) U. S. Department of the Interior
5. What item does Katz throw out of his pack to lighten the weight?
(a) A huge salami
(b) Canned fruit
(c) Coffee filters
(d) Cans of stew
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Katz and Bryson hear about Mary Ellen two days after they leave her behind?
2. While Bryson climbs the first mountain, what is Katz doing well behind him?
3. What is Katz planning to do in Franklin?
4. What is the condition of Bryson's motel room in Hiawassee?
5. What is the title of the book Bill reads snuggled in bed weeks before the walk begins?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)