|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition of Bryson's motel room in Hiawassee?
(a) Barely furnished
(b) Battered and dumpy
(c) Neat but unclean
(d) Neat and clean
2. What do Bryson and Katz talk about as they dine in the Georgia Mountain Restaurant in Hiawassee?
(a) The life and times of a cockroach
(b) The pros and cons of renting a mule
(c) The great food in the finest restaurants in Boston and New York
(d) The abandonment of their uninvited hiking partner
3. What is the physical condition of Bryson and Katz when they reach Clingman's Dome?
(a) Soaked and filthy
(b) Tired and drained
(c) Bloody and bruised
4. What do Katz and Bryson hear about Mary Ellen two days after they leave her behind?
(a) She is hiking with other hikers.
(b) She managed to get ahead of them.
(c) She dropped out with blisters on her feet.
(d) She got lost in the woods.
5. What do the dreary Georgia towns and the dreary people bring to mind?
(a) The movie, Deliverance
(b) A tough working class of people
(c) A series of last settlements as the area nears the point of logged out
(d) An ambitious people in process of improving their lot
Short Answer Questions
1. What stands at Fontana Lake's western end?
2. What does Katz tell Bryson he has to protect them from bears?
3. Who joins Bryson and Katz in one of the Shenandoah shelters?
4. What item does Katz throw out of his pack to lighten the weight?
5. Who joins Bryson and Katz in Gravel Springs Hut?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)