|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date Bryson and Katz begin their walk in the woods?
(a) March 1, 1995
(b) March 9, 1996
(c) April 6, 1996
(d) April 1, 1995
2. What are parts of the original Appalachian Trail plans that are never realized?
(a) Hostels, inns and woodland villages
(b) Small clinics for treating minor injuries and bites
(c) Memorial markers for great leaders and for ordinary people
(d) Bus roads for touring
3. What do Bryson and Katz decide to do when they see a full map of the Appalachian Trail?
(a) Give up on the hike
(b) Plod ahead
(c) Skip a few hundred miles of trail
(d) Skip fifty miles of trail
4. What is the story Katz tells as they recline on Indian Grove Gap?
(a) A turkey plucked out Grandpa Katz' eyeball and ate it.
(b) A blind juggler used his two eyeballs that had been surgically removed.
(c) A man snorted too much, one day popped an eyeball and the dog ate it.
(d) Grandma Katz was attacked by an impatient buzzard that ate her eyeball.
5. In March and April, what percent of hikers drop out the first week?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the dreary Georgia towns and the dreary people bring to mind?
2. What is the condition of Bryson's motel room in Hiawassee?
3. What is the third state through which Bryson and Katz travel?
4. Who joins Bryson and Katz in Gravel Springs Hut?
5. What is the weather like in Virginia?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)