|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the true creature of the Smokies?
(a) The possum
(b) The salamander
(c) The black bear
(d) The raccoon
2. What is the story Katz tells as they recline on Indian Grove Gap?
(a) Grandma Katz was attacked by an impatient buzzard that ate her eyeball.
(b) A turkey plucked out Grandpa Katz' eyeball and ate it.
(c) A man snorted too much, one day popped an eyeball and the dog ate it.
(d) A blind juggler used his two eyeballs that had been surgically removed.
3. Why does Bryson insist that they sleep in shelters from now on?
(a) Bryson is tired of the tent.
(b) Bryson's sleeping bag is not warm enough.
(c) Bryson's tent has a tear.
(d) Bryson is afraid of bears.
4. What item does Katz throw out of his pack to lighten the weight?
(a) A huge salami
(b) Coffee filters
(c) Canned fruit
(d) Cans of stew
5. What is the condition of Bryson's motel room in Hiawassee?
(a) Neat but unclean
(b) Neat and clean
(c) Barely furnished
(d) Battered and dumpy
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Katz and Bryson confronted with when they reach High Top?
2. What is the highest point on the Appalachian Trail?
3. What stands at Fontana Lake's western end?
4. What do Bryson and Katz plan to do after eight days of hiking?
5. In what year is the Appalachian Trail formally completed?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)