|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Bryson and Katz covering the last 11 miles to Hiawassee?
(a) A very fast walking pace
(c) A very slow walking pace
(d) An unusual number of sitting rest stops
2. What is the condition of Bryson's motel room in Hiawassee?
(a) Battered and dumpy
(b) Neat and clean
(c) Neat but unclean
(d) Barely furnished
3. In March and April, what percent of hikers drop out the first week?
4. What is the true creature of the Smokies?
(a) The possum
(b) The raccoon
(c) The black bear
(d) The salamander
5. Who maps out the actual paths and begins construction?
(a) Charles Whitaker
(b) Washington Irving
(c) Myron Avery
(d) Martin A. Berry
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bryson and Katz begin hiking?
2. What do Bryson and Katz talk about as they dine in the Georgia Mountain Restaurant in Hiawassee?
3. What kills the Chestnut trees along the Appalachian Trail?
4. Who sees hiking as a dirty, pointless endeavor?
5. In what year is the Appalachian Trail formally completed?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)