|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stands at Fontana Lake's western end?
(a) Huge spruce trees
(b) An electric dam
(c) A large shelter
(d) A cabin
2. In March and April, what percent of hikers drop out the first week?
3. How are Bryson and Katz covering the last 11 miles to Hiawassee?
(a) A very slow walking pace
(b) A very fast walking pace
(c) An unusual number of sitting rest stops
4. What do Bryson and Katz plan to do after eight days of hiking?
(a) Call home
(b) Go to a movie
(c) Shower, watch TV, sleep, and do laundry
(d) Go to a bar
5. What is the weather like in Virginia?
(a) Rainy and cold
(b) Spring is in full swing.
(c) Windy and cold
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Katz and Bryson confronted with when they reach High Top?
2. What is Benton MacKaye's job?
3. In what year is the Appalachian Trail formally completed?
4. What is the description of Georgia highlanders?
5. What are parts of the original Appalachian Trail plans that are never realized?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)