|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the estimate of people who hike the Appalachian Trail every year?
(a) Three or four million
(b) Three or four hundred
(c) Three or four thousand
(d) One million
2. What does Katz tell Bryson he has to protect them from bears?
(a) A Bowie knife
(b) Pepper spray
(c) A BB gun
(d) A toenail clipper
3. Why does Bryson insist that they sleep in shelters from now on?
(a) Bryson's tent has a tear.
(b) Bryson is afraid of bears.
(c) Bryson's sleeping bag is not warm enough.
(d) Bryson is tired of the tent.
4. What is the weather like in Virginia?
(a) Rainy and cold
(b) Windy and cold
(c) Spring is in full swing.
5. How are Bryson and Katz covering the last 11 miles to Hiawassee?
(a) A very fast walking pace
(b) An unusual number of sitting rest stops
(c) A very slow walking pace
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do botanists consider the finest mix of mesophytic forest?
2. What is a major drawback to accepting a ride in the Pontiac?
3. What is the date Bryson and Katz begin their walk in the woods?
4. What do Bryson and Katz decide to do when they see a full map of the Appalachian Trail?
5. What is the story Katz tells as they recline on Indian Grove Gap?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)