|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Katz planning to do in Franklin?
(a) Go shopping
(b) Go to the movies
(c) Find a woman
(d) Idle in town for several days
2. Why is the footpath around Big Butt especially dangerous?
(a) The path is always slick with wet moss.
(b) Overhanging branches can whiplash the face.
(c) The footpath is very narrow with a steep drop on each side.
(d) The path is always slick with ice.
3. What makes the trail easier for Bryson and Katz when they hike on after the snowstorm?
(a) The snow melts quickly.
(b) A hiker before them patted down the snow.
(c) Someone went through with a snowmobile, making a path.
(d) Bryson and Katz put spikes on their shoes.
4. What is the last long stretch of hiking for Katz and Bryson before ending the first part of their trek?
(a) The Appalachian Mountains
(b) White Mountains
(c) Shenandoah National Park
(d) Hundred Mile Wilderness
5. What is the only accommodation available at the campground?
(a) A heated sleeping platform
(b) A full-to-capacity bunkhouse
(c) A 10-person tent
(d) Dilapidated cottages and trailers without heat
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Katz determined to take a top bunk?
2. What does Bryson consider perfect about hiking in Vermont?
3. What is college student, Zack, doing about the snowbound situation?
4. How does Bryson describe the town of Hanover where he lives?
5. What is Chicken John's claim to fame?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)