|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bryson's goal before he meets up with Katz again?
(a) Hiking as much of Vermont as possible.
(b) Hiking as much of New Hampshire as possible
(c) Joining a gym
(d) Staying in shape
2. Why is the footpath around Big Butt especially dangerous?
(a) The path is always slick with wet moss.
(b) Overhanging branches can whiplash the face.
(c) The footpath is very narrow with a steep drop on each side.
(d) The path is always slick with ice.
3. What is the last long stretch of hiking for Katz and Bryson before ending the first part of their trek?
(a) Hundred Mile Wilderness
(b) White Mountains
(c) Shenandoah National Park
(d) The Appalachian Mountains
4. What is the only accommodation available at the campground?
(a) A heated sleeping platform
(b) Dilapidated cottages and trailers without heat
(c) A full-to-capacity bunkhouse
(d) A 10-person tent
5. What does Bryson consider perfect about hiking in Vermont?
(a) Vermont reminds him of England.
(b) Vermont has level, easy hiking trails.
(c) Vermont has rolling fields and pleasant streams.
(d) He can commute with his car and be home at night to sleep in his own bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who set up the American Literary, Scientific, and Military Academy in 1785?
2. What does Katz buy in Franklin that irritates Bryson?
3. What is college student, Zack, doing about the snowbound situation?
4. What is the major drawback of AT trail maps?
5. What is a diversion available at the campground?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)