|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only accommodation available at the campground?
(a) A 10-person tent
(b) A full-to-capacity bunkhouse
(c) A heated sleeping platform
(d) Dilapidated cottages and trailers without heat
2. What is the major drawback of AT trail maps?
(a) The maps are big and bulky.
(b) The maps are not weatherproof, disintegrate easily.
(c) The are too many inaccuracies.
(d) Lack of detail makes the maps almost useless.
3. Why is Katz determined to take a top bunk?
(a) Odors at floor level are nauseating
(b) Heat rises
(c) He distrusts most of the crowd
(d) He intends to sleep late in to the morning
4. What is the oldest shelter on the Appalachian Trail?
(a) Prospect Cabin
(b) Happy Hill Cabin
(c) Bromley Hut
(d) Baker Peak Lodge
5. What is Bryson afraid is staring at him when he sees two glowing eyes in the darkness?
(a) A skunk
(b) A bear
(c) A wolf
(d) A cougar
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katz stay in his room while staying in Waynesboro?
2. What does Katz buy in Franklin that irritates Bryson?
3. What mountain inspired Melville's Moby Dick.
4. What does Bryson consider perfect about hiking in Vermont?
5. What makes the trail easier for Bryson and Katz when they hike on after the snowstorm?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)