|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the trail easier for Bryson and Katz when they hike on after the snowstorm?
(a) A hiker before them patted down the snow.
(b) Someone went through with a snowmobile, making a path.
(c) The snow melts quickly.
(d) Bryson and Katz put spikes on their shoes.
2. What is Bryson's goal before he meets up with Katz again?
(a) Hiking as much of New Hampshire as possible
(b) Joining a gym
(c) Staying in shape
(d) Hiking as much of Vermont as possible.
3. What is college student, Zack, doing about the snowbound situation?
(a) Renting a van and taking 15 hikers to the town of Franklin.
(b) Assembling a posse to hike to Franklin for help.
(c) Constructing a temporary hut to expand sleeping area.
(d) Attempting to radio his father for evacuation.
4. How does Bryson describe the town of Hanover where he lives?
(a) A small, typical New England college town
(b) A quiet, boring town
(c) A rowdy college town
(d) A busy, overcrowded town
5. What is Katz planning to do in Franklin?
(a) Idle in town for several days
(b) Go shopping
(c) Find a woman
(d) Go to the movies
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only accommodation available at the campground?
2. What is the oldest shelter on the Appalachian Trail?
3. Why does Katz stay in his room while staying in Waynesboro?
4. What is the major drawback of AT trail maps?
5. What is the unexpected factor with the snowstorm?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)