|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last long stretch of hiking for Katz and Bryson before ending the first part of their trek?
(a) White Mountains
(b) Shenandoah National Park
(c) Hundred Mile Wilderness
(d) The Appalachian Mountains
2. What is the only accommodation available at the campground?
(a) A heated sleeping platform
(b) Dilapidated cottages and trailers without heat
(c) A 10-person tent
(d) A full-to-capacity bunkhouse
3. What is the amusement in the bunkhouse for about 30 minutes?
(a) Watching a camping crew try to fix the bunkhouse door
(b) Watching the stove slide on the slick floor
(c) Watching Katz trying to get in the third level bunk
(d) Watching the firewood explode in the stove
4. Who joins Bryson and Katz on the morning hike after the snowstorm?
(a) Jim and Heath from Chattanooga
(b) 8 college students
(c) Zeke and Festus
(d) Darren and Donna
5. What is Katz planning to do in Franklin?
(a) Idle in town for several days
(b) Go to the movies
(c) Go shopping
(d) Find a woman
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bryson describe the town of Hanover where he lives?
2. What is the total walking distance of the typical American in one week?
3. Why is Katz determined to take a top bunk?
4. What is the major drawback of AT trail maps?
5. What does Bryson consider perfect about hiking in Vermont?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)