1. Where does Bryson reside in the beginning of the book?
(c) New Hampshire
2. How long is the Appalachian Trail?
(a) 2100 miles
(b) 1200 miles
(c) 800 miles
(d) 2700 miles
3. What is the most compelling reason for Bryson to hike the trail?
(a) Parts of the trail have ties to his ancestors.
(b) The temperate zone forest is quickly vanishing.
(c) Funding is scarce and the trail may soon be discontinued.
(d) He wants to travel while he is still able.
4. What is one of Bryson's fears about the hike?
(a) Adequate funds to complete the hike is doubtful
(b) All the wildlife roaming about in the woods
(c) Security of the homestead
(d) Time off from employment is frowned upon
5. Which is another of Bryson's fears?
(a) Inadequate planning
(b) Inadequate supplies
(d) Lack of needed stamina
6. The north point of the Appalachian Trail begins in which state?
7. Where do most hikers begin the Appalachian Trail?
(a) In September
(b) From south to north
(c) In October
(d) From north to south
This section contains 5,108 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)