Essay Topic 1
1) Compare and contrast the characters of Bill Bryson and Stephen Katz.
2) Summarize the impact each character has on the other.
3) Which character is the stronger character of the two both physically and emotionally? Defend the answer with examples.
Essay Topic 2
1) Analyze the character of Mary Ellen.
2) How is she depicted by the author?
3) How is she revealed through her own words and actions?
4) In what way is she revealed through other character's comments?
Essay Topic 3
1) Discuss how Bill Bryson grows as a character from the beginning of the book to the end.
2) How do his attitudes change toward life and hiking?
3) How does his attitude about his lifestyle change?
4) What are the differences in his attitude toward civilization from the start of his journey to the end?
Essay Topic 4
The wilderness is the main constant throughout the novel. It is depicted in all the chapters of...
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)