Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peter feel at that start of Chapter 19?
2. What are Cooper and Peter doing at the start of Chapter 21?
3. In Chapter 13, what must Peter do in order to live with the Oliver family?
4. At the end of Chapter 22 when Peter leaves the Farm, how does Peter feel?
5. In Chapter 16, what does the oldest Oliver son tell the bootleggers?
Homer, the mountain man, and Peter choose to isolate themselves from society in different ways. Compare and contrast the isolation Peter and Homer put upon themselves in A Walk Across America. Cite examples from the book. Why do you think that Homer and Peter choose isolation over human companionship?
There are two cultural events occurring during Peter's journey, the Vietnam War and racial tension. Which event do you believe has the largest impact on Peter's journey and why? How would Peter's journey be different if this event was not happening? Use examples from the book to argue your opinion.
Dialect is often used in dialogue in A Walk Across America. How is the use of dialect beneficial to the story? How is the use of dialect a distraction? Cite examples from the text and explain your position. Why do you think Peter Jenkins uses dialect in his book?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)