|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter not set up his tent in Chapter 24?
2. By the end of Chapter 22, who does Peter realize he may be searching for?
3. As Peter is walking in Chapter 24, a pickup truck pulls over next to him. What does the driver of the truck yell at Peter?
4. What is "butcher night" as referred to in Chapter 15?
5. At the end of Chapter 14 Peter receives his first pay check. How much is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter meet the Oliver brothers in Chapter 13? What does Peter do with them?
2. Describe the Oliver family home.
3. What is Peter's job like while living in Murphy?
4. In Chapters 15 and 16, Peter finds himself isolated from the men at work. What causes this rift?
5. In Chapter 22 there is a terrible accident. Describe this event.
6. How do the teachings of Stephen Gaskin influence Peter in a positive way?
7. In Chapter 19, Peter hears about a location called the Farm. Describe this place.
8. What is the significance of the diner experience Peter has at the end of Chapter 25.
9. In Chapter 13, Peter meets a sheriff. Describe their interaction.
10. What is Cooper's impression of the Farm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peter and Cooper have an extremely close bond through the course of the book. Explain the importance of Cooper and Peter's relationship. What does Cooper's presence contribute to Peter's journey? How would Peter's journey be different if Cooper was not there. Use examples from the book to explain your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Peter reconnects with his family at different times during the journey. Describe Peter's relationship with Scott. How is it prior to his journey? What happens when Scott joins him on his trip? Do these events strengthen Peter and Scott's relationship or tear them apart? Do you think that seeing family on the trip benefited Peter? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Peter describes a dream he has before moving in with the Oliver family. Describe the dream Peter has. What is the significance of this dream? How does this dream come true?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)