|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Cooper dies does Peter leave the Farm?
2. At the end of Chapter 23, what does Peter decide to try and do?
3. How do the bootleggers threaten the Oliver family in Chapter 15?
4. At the end of Chapter 19, where is Peter headed?
5. What does Peter think about the people who follow Stephen Gaskin?
Essay Topic 1
Generosity is something that Peter both experiences and practices while on his journey. Cite three examples of where acts of generosity occur in A Walk Across America. How do these acts change both the person who is acting generously and the person who is on the receiving end? Do you think that Peter began his journey as a generous person or did he learn to be generous through his journey? Explain your reasoning with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
In all of the photos Peter selects to show the readers, there are none of his wife Barbara. Why do you believe he omits these pictures? Use examples from the book to support your conclusion.
Essay Topic 3
Peter and Cooper have an extremely close bond through the course of the book. Explain the importance of Cooper and Peter's relationship. What does Cooper's presence contribute to Peter's journey? How would Peter's journey be different if Cooper was not there. Use examples from the book to explain your answers.
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)