|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What code does Peter use to describe Alabama?
2. How does Peter feel about America at the end of Chapter 18?
3. In Chapter 24, a pickup truck pulls over to Peter. Who is driving the truck?
4. In Chapter 19, Peter plans to travel to a location in Tennessee. How is this location described?
5. At the start of Chapter 24, whom does Peter call?
Essay Topic 1
There are three main conflicts in A Walk Across America. These are Peter vs. society, Peter vs. nature, and Peter vs. himself. Choose two conflicts to write about and explain them in depth. Also include how Peter overcomes these conflicts. Use examples from the entire book.
Essay Topic 2
There are two cultural events occurring during Peter's journey, the Vietnam War and racial tension. Which event do you believe has the largest impact on Peter's journey and why? How would Peter's journey be different if this event was not happening? Use examples from the book to argue your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Barbara ultimately decides to travel with Peter across the country. What made her decide to do so? Do you agree that she made the right choice? Why or why not? Use examples to prove your argument.
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)