Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peter feel at that start of Chapter 19?
2. What are Cooper and Peter doing at the start of Chapter 21?
3. In Chapter 13, what must Peter do in order to live with the Oliver family?
4. At the end of Chapter 22 when Peter leaves the Farm, how does Peter feel?
5. In Chapter 16, what does the oldest Oliver son tell the bootleggers?
Essay Topic 1
Peter describes a dream he has before moving in with the Oliver family. Describe the dream Peter has. What is the significance of this dream? How does this dream come true?
Essay Topic 2
Determine what you consider to be the climax of A Walk Across America. Describe the scene and use the definition of literary climax to argue that it is indeed the climax. If there was another possible event in A Walk Across America to be defined as the climax what would it be and why? Site examples from the text to prove your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Generosity is something that Peter both experiences and practices while on his journey. Cite three examples of where acts of generosity occur in A Walk Across America. How do these acts change both the person who is acting generously and the person who is on the receiving end? Do you think that Peter began his journey as a generous person or did he learn to be generous through his journey? Explain your reasoning with examples from the book.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)