Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peter feel at that start of Chapter 19?
2. What are Cooper and Peter doing at the start of Chapter 21?
3. In Chapter 13, what must Peter do in order to live with the Oliver family?
4. At the end of Chapter 22 when Peter leaves the Farm, how does Peter feel?
5. In Chapter 16, what does the oldest Oliver son tell the bootleggers?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Peter's stay in Robbinsville, North Carolina. How does this setting illustrate the lack of acceptance in the world? What do you think causes the underlying tensions in the town? Cite examples from the book to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
There is a great deal of political and social unrest at the time A Walk Across America takes place. How do outside events influence an author's writing? Is it necessary for a reader to have knowledge of the events that occur at the time a book is written? Why or why not? How would your reading of A Walk Across America change without the understanding of events occurring at the time of Peter's travels? Cite examples from the book and explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Peter Jenkins writes A Walk Across America in the first-person narrative. Define first-person narrative versus third-person narrative. Would the book be better if written in the third person? What particular scenes would be better and why?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)