|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peter feel at that start of Chapter 19?
2. What are Cooper and Peter doing at the start of Chapter 21?
3. In Chapter 13, what must Peter do in order to live with the Oliver family?
4. At the end of Chapter 22 when Peter leaves the Farm, how does Peter feel?
5. In Chapter 16, what does the oldest Oliver son tell the bootleggers?
Essay Topic 1
Peter and Cooper have an extremely close bond through the course of the book. Explain the importance of Cooper and Peter's relationship. What does Cooper's presence contribute to Peter's journey? How would Peter's journey be different if Cooper was not there. Use examples from the book to explain your answers.
Essay Topic 2
In all of the photos Peter selects to show the readers, there are none of his wife Barbara. Why do you believe he omits these pictures? Use examples from the book to support your conclusion.
Essay Topic 3
Peter Jenkins writes A Walk Across America in the first-person narrative. Define first-person narrative versus third-person narrative. Would the book be better if written in the third person? What particular scenes would be better and why?
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)