|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, Peter decides to head to his next location, how does he hear of this place?
2. Where is Peter at the start of Chapter 17?
3. What are Cooper and Peter doing at the start of Chapter 21?
4. How does Peter feel at that start of Chapter 19?
5. What gift does Peter give the Oliver family at the end of Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the altercation Peter is involved in during Chapter 24 and how it is resolved.
2. Describe M.C Jenkins. What important role does he play in Peter's life?
3. How does being on the Farm influence Peter in a positive way?
4. How is the accident in Chapter 22 going to change Peter's journey?
5. How does Peter meet the Oliver brothers in Chapter 13? What does Peter do with them?
6. In Chapter 23 Peter meets a family while walking. What does the family do for him, and how does this change his opinion on Alabama?
7. What is Peter's job like while living in Murphy?
8. Describe Governor Wallace and what Peter thinks about him in.
9. What happens to Peter in the country store in Chapter 26?
10. In Chapter 13, Peter meets a sheriff. Describe their interaction.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are three main conflicts in A Walk Across America. These are Peter vs. society, Peter vs. nature, and Peter vs. himself. Choose two conflicts to write about and explain them in depth. Also include how Peter overcomes these conflicts. Use examples from the entire book.
Essay Topic 2
There are numerous signs Peter searches for on his journey. What do you believe is the most important sign he receives and why? Do you believe that he missed any important signs that may have lead him in a different direction? Use examples from the book to help you with your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Barbara ultimately decides to travel with Peter across the country. What made her decide to do so? Do you agree that she made the right choice? Why or why not? Use examples to prove your argument.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)