|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter want from Governor Wallace?
2. Why does Peter not set up his tent in Chapter 24?
3. What gift does Peter give the Oliver family at the end of Chapter 17?
4. Who does Peter forgive at the end of Chapter 24?
5. By the end of Chapter 22, who does Peter realize he may be searching for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Peter in the country store in Chapter 26?
2. Why is Peter torn between two destinations at the start of Chapter 23? Which state does he decide to go to?
3. Describe Governor Wallace and what Peter thinks about him in.
4. How do the teachings of Stephen Gaskin influence Peter in a positive way?
5. How does Peter meet the Oliver brothers in Chapter 13? What does Peter do with them?
6. How is the accident in Chapter 22 going to change Peter's journey?
7. Describe Peter's relationship with Cooper.
8. Describe the Oliver family home.
9. What is Peter's job like while living in Murphy?
10. How does being on the Farm influence Peter in a positive way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peter describes a dream he has before moving in with the Oliver family. Describe the dream Peter has. What is the significance of this dream? How does this dream come true?
Essay Topic 2
Peter Jenkins writes A Walk Across America in the first-person narrative. Define first-person narrative versus third-person narrative. Would the book be better if written in the third person? What particular scenes would be better and why?
Essay Topic 3
In all of the photos Peter selects to show the readers, there are none of his wife Barbara. Why do you believe he omits these pictures? Use examples from the book to support your conclusion.
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)