|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter wear that is controversial?
2. How long do Peter and Cooper stay with Homer?
3. What type of weather did Peter and Cooper encounter while traveling through Virginia, Tennessee, and North Carolina?
4. At the end of Chapter 12, what is Peter doing when the special officer arrives?
5. In what State do Peter and Cooper stay with the sheriff and his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter feel as the holidays approach in Chapter 9? How does he deal with these emotions?
2. Why is the country store at the start of Chapter 5 so important?
3. In Chapter 5, why does Peter decide walking in the mountains is pointless?
4. In Chapter 11, Peter falls ill. Describe the days he was ill.
5. In Chapter 7 Homer makes Peter an offer. What is the offer and what is Peter's reaction? Why does Peter react this way?
6. How is Peter helped in Chapter 5?
7. What political events are occurring at the time of this book. How does this influence Peter's journey?
8. List some hardships that Peter faces in Chapter 5.
9. What is Peter convinced he will find out on his journey?
10. What is Peter's experience in Robbinsville, North Carolina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The death of Cooper is a terrible blow for Peter. Describe the events leading to Cooper's death and how it actually occurs. How do you believe Cooper's death changes Peter? Site examples from the text to prove your argument.
Essay Topic 2
There are numerous signs Peter searches for on his journey. What do you believe is the most important sign he receives and why? Do you believe that he missed any important signs that may have lead him in a different direction? Use examples from the book to help you with your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Peter's stay in Robbinsville, North Carolina. How does this setting illustrate the lack of acceptance in the world? What do you think causes the underlying tensions in the town? Cite examples from the book to support your opinion.
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)