|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What horrible event occurs to Cooper in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 4, a local establishment provides Peter with items for him to carry on his trip. How many items do they provide him with?
3. Why is Peter's climb in the mountains such a challenge?
4. What does Peter wear that is controversial?
5. What is Peter shocked to NOT find in West Virginia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Peter in the country store in Chapter 26?
2. Why are Barbara and Peter looking for a sign from God in Chapter 30?
3. Describe Peter's experience at the revival.
4. In Chapter 11, Peter falls ill. Describe the days he was ill.
5. In Chapter 9, Peter meets a woman at a diner. Describe their interaction.
6. Briefly summarize the afterword in Peter's book.
7. How does Peter meet the Oliver brothers in Chapter 13? What does Peter do with them?
8. Describe the act of nature that occurs in Murphy in Chapter 17. How does Mary Elizabeth react?
9. What is Peter's experience in Robbinsville, North Carolina?
10. Why is Peter torn between two destinations at the start of Chapter 23? Which state does he decide to go to?
Essay Topic 1
Peter Jenkins writes A Walk Across America in the first-person narrative. Define first-person narrative versus third-person narrative. Would the book be better if written in the third person? What particular scenes would be better and why?
Essay Topic 2
Barbara ultimately decides to travel with Peter across the country. What made her decide to do so? Do you agree that she made the right choice? Why or why not? Use examples to prove your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Peter describes a dream he has before moving in with the Oliver family. Describe the dream Peter has. What is the significance of this dream? How does this dream come true?
This section contains 1,545 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)