|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Peter grow up?
2. In what State do Peter and Cooper stay with the sheriff and his family?
3. Where does Peter decide to travel?
4. When does Peter reach Washington, DC?
5. In Chapter 4, Peter visits a location which provides him materials for him trip. What does the place provide him with?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why does Peter decide walking in the mountains is pointless?
2. In Chapter 11, Peter falls ill. Describe the days he was ill.
3. How does Peter attempt to fulfill himself prior to starting his journey?
4. How is Peter helped in Chapter 5?
5. Describe Homer and his home.
6. Describe Cooper and how he came to live with Peter.
7. In Chapter 9, Peter meets a woman at a diner. Describe their interaction.
8. In Chapter 4, what happens when Peter arrives in Washington, DC?
9. After Peter's interaction with the Special Bureau of Investigation officer what does he do?
10. In Chapter 5, what is Peter's impression of West Virgina? What is he shocked to find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are three main conflicts in A Walk Across America. These are Peter vs. society, Peter vs. nature, and Peter vs. himself. Choose two conflicts to write about and explain them in depth. Also include how Peter overcomes these conflicts. Use examples from the entire book.
Essay Topic 2
Through the course of his journey Peter meets many people. Describe the individual you believe impacts Peter in the most positive way. How do they change Peter for the better? Does Peter change that individual? What are the circumstances surrounding their meeting? Then describe the individual you believe impacts Peter in the most negative fashion. How do they change Peter for the worse? Does Peter change this individual? Support your opinion with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Barbara ultimately decides to travel with Peter across the country. What made her decide to do so? Do you agree that she made the right choice? Why or why not? Use examples to prove your argument.
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)