|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 5, where do Peter and Cooper heads toward?
2. Why is Peter surprised when he meets Homer?
3. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 1 begins?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Peter promise his host before leaving?
5. In Chapter 3, who helps Peter with Cooper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the map that Peter provides in his book.
2. How does Peter meet the Oliver brothers in Chapter 13? What does Peter do with them?
3. In Chapter 9, Peter meets a woman at a diner. Describe their interaction.
4. Describe Peter's life growing up.
5. Describe the Oliver family home.
6. What happens during Peter's meeting with Governor Wallace? How does Peter's opinion of Governor Wallace change?
7. In Chapter 11, Peter falls ill. Describe the days he was ill.
8. What happens to Peter in the country store in Chapter 26?
9. In Chapter 13, Peter meets a sheriff. Describe their interaction.
10. What is Peter convinced he will find out on his journey?
Essay Topic 1
Through the course of his journey Peter meets many people. Describe the individual you believe impacts Peter in the most positive way. How do they change Peter for the better? Does Peter change that individual? What are the circumstances surrounding their meeting? Then describe the individual you believe impacts Peter in the most negative fashion. How do they change Peter for the worse? Does Peter change this individual? Support your opinion with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
In all of the photos Peter selects to show the readers, there are none of his wife Barbara. Why do you believe he omits these pictures? Use examples from the book to support your conclusion.
Essay Topic 3
There are numerous signs Peter searches for on his journey. What do you believe is the most important sign he receives and why? Do you believe that he missed any important signs that may have lead him in a different direction? Use examples from the book to help you with your argument.
This section contains 1,510 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)