Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 5, where do Peter and Cooper heads toward?
2. Why is Peter surprised when he meets Homer?
3. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 1 begins?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Peter promise his host before leaving?
5. In Chapter 3, who helps Peter with Cooper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the map that Peter provides in his book.
2. How does Peter meet the Oliver brothers in Chapter 13? What does Peter do with them?
3. In Chapter 9, Peter meets a woman at a diner. Describe their interaction.
4. Describe Peter's life growing up.
5. Describe the Oliver family home.
6. What happens during Peter's meeting with Governor Wallace? How does Peter's opinion of Governor Wallace change?
7. In Chapter 11, Peter falls ill. Describe the days he was ill.
8. What happens to Peter in the country store in Chapter 26?
9. In Chapter 13, Peter meets a sheriff. Describe their interaction.
10. What is Peter convinced he will find out on his journey?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Peter's stay in Robbinsville, North Carolina. How does this setting illustrate the lack of acceptance in the world? What do you think causes the underlying tensions in the town? Cite examples from the book to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Barbara ultimately decides to travel with Peter across the country. What made her decide to do so? Do you agree that she made the right choice? Why or why not? Use examples to prove your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Peter Jenkins writes A Walk Across America in the first-person narrative. Define first-person narrative versus third-person narrative. Would the book be better if written in the third person? What particular scenes would be better and why?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)