|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What horrible event occurs to Cooper in Chapter 3?
2. Homer is better then Peter at what?
3. What are Peter and Cooper woken up by in the morning at the end of Chapter 8?
4. What does Peter learn in Fontana Village, North Carolina?
5. In Chapter 11, what happens to Peter when Scott leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Peter falls ill. Describe the days he was ill.
2. In Chapter 9, Peter meets a woman at a diner. Describe their interaction.
3. Why is the country store at the start of Chapter 5 so important?
4. Describe Peter and Scott's journey in Chapters 9 and 10.
5. How is Peter helped in Chapter 5?
6. How does Peter attempt to fulfill himself prior to starting his journey?
7. Describe Peter and Cooper's first involvement with a helpful American in Chapter 3.
8. In Chapter 5, why does Peter decide walking in the mountains is pointless?
9. What is Peter's experience in Robbinsville, North Carolina?
10. In Chapter 4, what happens when Peter arrives in Washington, DC?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peter has to make many choices in A Walk Across America. Describe three choices that Peter makes during the course of the book and how these decisions change the course of Peter's journey.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Peter's stay in Robbinsville, North Carolina. How does this setting illustrate the lack of acceptance in the world? What do you think causes the underlying tensions in the town? Cite examples from the book to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
The death of Cooper is a terrible blow for Peter. Describe the events leading to Cooper's death and how it actually occurs. How do you believe Cooper's death changes Peter? Site examples from the text to prove your argument.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)