Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What horrible event occurs to Cooper in Chapter 3?
2. How is Homer described?
3. In Chapter 10, who saves Peter, Scott, and Cooper from the attack?
4. In Chapter 11, what happens to Peter when Scott leaves?
5. In Chapter 7, what does Peter's host offer him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter meet the Oliver brothers in Chapter 13? What does Peter do with them?
2. How does Peter attempt to fulfill himself prior to starting his journey?
3. How do the teachings of Stephen Gaskin influence Peter in a positive way?
4. Describe Peter's method for writing on his trip. How does Peter manage to not carry lots of writing supplies?
5. Describe Governor Wallace and what Peter thinks about him in.
6. Describe Peter's interaction with the Special Bureau of Investigation officer in Chapter 12.
7. Describe Homer and his home.
8. What is Peter's experience in Robbinsville, North Carolina?
9. In Chapter 11, Peter falls ill. Describe the days he was ill.
10. Describe Peter and Scott's journey in Chapters 9 and 10.
Peter and Cooper have an extremely close bond through the course of the book. Explain the importance of Cooper and Peter's relationship. What does Cooper's presence contribute to Peter's journey? How would Peter's journey be different if Cooper was not there. Use examples from the book to explain your answers.
Discuss the theme of religion and God in A Walk Across America. What role does it play in the book? Show where Peter encounters religion and how it helps him overcome obstacles. Do you think Peter set forth on his journey in order to find God? Why or why not?
Peter Jenkins writes A Walk Across America in the first-person narrative. Define first-person narrative versus third-person narrative. Would the book be better if written in the third person? What particular scenes would be better and why?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)