|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, who is Preacher?
(a) A priest.
(b) An altar boy.
(c) One of the Oliver family.
(d) A man who gives Peter rides to work.
2. At the Farm Peter learns of Stephen Gaskin. Who is Stephen Gaskin?
(a) A man in a truck.
(b) The leader of the commune.
(c) A policeman.
(d) They mayor of Murphy.
3. When Chapter 22 opens, where is Peter working?
(a) At a McDonalds.
(b) In a grocery store.
(c) At the Farm.
(d) At a mill.
4. How do people treat Peter and Cooper at the Farm?
(a) They laugh at him.
(b) They despise him.
(c) They welcome him.
(d) They fear him.
5. As Peter is walking in Chapter 24, a pickup truck pulls over next to him. What does the driver of the truck yell at Peter?
(a) That Peter is a drug-dealing Yankee and that he will kill Peter.
(b) That Peter dropped his wallet.
(c) That Peter should watch out for hunters.
(d) That the road is closed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attends the celebration at the end of Chapter 18?
2. Where does Peter go to work while living in Murphy?
3. At the start of Chapter 24, whom does Peter call?
4. Where does Peter meet. M.C.?
5. What gift does Peter give the Oliver family at the end of Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the accident in Chapter 22 going to change Peter's journey?
2. How do the teachings of Stephen Gaskin influence Peter in a positive way?
3. How does being on the Farm influence Peter in a positive way?
4. Describe Governor Wallace and what Peter thinks about him in.
5. Why is Peter torn between two destinations at the start of Chapter 23? Which state does he decide to go to?
6. What happens to Peter in the country store in Chapter 26?
7. Describe the altercation Peter is involved in during Chapter 24 and how it is resolved.
8. What is Peter's impression of Stephen Gaskin?
9. Describe Peter's relationship with Cooper.
10. In Chapter 13, Peter meets a sheriff. Describe their interaction.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)