|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter realize at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) That he doesn't want to be one of Stephen's captives.
(b) That he is happy.
(c) That he wants to live at the Farm.
(d) That he is out of money.
2. At the end of Chapter 19, where is Peter headed?
(a) The Farm.
(b) North Carolina.
3. What does Peter want from Governor Wallace?
(b) A place to stay.
(c) An honest answer.
(d) A set of new clothes.
4. Where is Peter at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) At home.
(b) In jail.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) At the veneer mill.
5. What code does Peter use to describe Alabama?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, Peter decides to head to his next location, how does he hear of this place?
2. At the end of Chapter 22 when Peter leaves the Farm, how does Peter feel?
3. In Chapter 13, what must Peter do in order to live with the Oliver family?
4. In Chapter 16, what does the oldest Oliver son tell the bootleggers?
5. Why does Peter not set up his tent in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Peter's meeting with Governor Wallace? How does Peter's opinion of Governor Wallace change?
2. Describe the act of nature that occurs in Murphy in Chapter 17. How does Mary Elizabeth react?
3. Describe the Oliver family home.
4. Describe Governor Wallace and what Peter thinks about him in.
5. How do the teachings of Stephen Gaskin influence Peter in a positive way?
6. What happens to Peter in the country store in Chapter 26?
7. Describe M.C Jenkins. What important role does he play in Peter's life?
8. In Chapter 23 Peter meets a family while walking. What does the family do for him, and how does this change his opinion on Alabama?
9. How does being on the Farm influence Peter in a positive way?
10. How is the accident in Chapter 22 going to change Peter's journey?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)