|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peter planning at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) A surprise party for Stephen Gaskin.
(b) His wedding.
(c) A vacation.
(d) His departure from the Farm.
2. What are Cooper and Peter doing at the start of Chapter 21?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Taking a jog.
(c) Playing in the woods.
(d) Taking a nap.
3. After the white church is destroyed, where do the white people go to pray?
(a) Another town.
(b) The school house.
(c) Their homes.
(d) The black church.
4. Where does Peter go to work while living in Murphy?
(a) The post office.
(b) A pastry shop.
(c) The veneer mill.
(d) A grocery store.
5. In Chapter 23, Peter is debating traveling to which two states?
(a) Oregon or Seattle.
(b) North Carolina or South Carolina.
(c) Louisianna or Texas.
(d) Mississippi or Alabama.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the bootleggers threaten the Oliver family in Chapter 15?
2. Where are Peter and Cooper at the beginning of Chapter 18?
3. Who attends the celebration at the end of Chapter 18?
4. In Chapter 15, who does Peter discover lives in Murphy?
5. In Chapter 25, what surprises Peter when he enters the diner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe M.C Jenkins. What important role does he play in Peter's life?
2. How is the accident in Chapter 22 going to change Peter's journey?
3. What happens during Peter's meeting with Governor Wallace? How does Peter's opinion of Governor Wallace change?
4. How does being on the Farm influence Peter in a positive way?
5. In Chapter 22 there is a terrible accident. Describe this event.
6. What is Peter's impression of Stephen Gaskin?
7. How does Peter meet the Oliver brothers in Chapter 13? What does Peter do with them?
8. In Chapter 13, Peter meets a sheriff. Describe their interaction.
9. Describe the altercation Peter is involved in during Chapter 24 and how it is resolved.
10. Describe the Oliver family home.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)