|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Peter give the Oliver family at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Two cows.
(b) A hundred dollars.
(c) A new car.
(d) Wood to build pig pens.
2. What does Peter want from Governor Wallace?
(b) An honest answer.
(c) A set of new clothes.
(d) A place to stay.
3. What offer does Governor Wallace make Peter?
(a) Leave town or else.
(b) To work for him in exchange for food.
(c) To stay at his home.
(d) He offers financial assistance.
4. What does Governor Wallace tell Peter before he leaves?
(a) To be careful.
(b) To watch his back.
(c) To never return.
(d) That he will have state troopers watch out for him.
5. How do the guests at the celebration get along with each other?
(a) There was no celebration.
(b) Everyone hates each other.
(c) Everyone gets along very well.
(d) They ignore one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Governor Wallace shock Peter?
2. Where does Peter go to work while living in Murphy?
3. How do the bootleggers threaten the Oliver family in Chapter 15?
4. How does Peter feel when he leaves M.C's place?
5. Where is Peter leaving at the start of Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does being on the Farm influence Peter in a positive way?
2. How does the act of nature that occurs in Chapter 17 pull together the town?
3. Describe Peter's relationship with Cooper.
4. Describe the Oliver family home.
5. What happens to Peter in the country store in Chapter 26?
6. In Chapter 19, Peter hears about a location called the Farm. Describe this place.
7. Describe the act of nature that occurs in Murphy in Chapter 17. How does Mary Elizabeth react?
8. Describe M.C Jenkins. What important role does he play in Peter's life?
9. How is the accident in Chapter 22 going to change Peter's journey?
10. What is Peter's job like while living in Murphy?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)