|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Cooper dies does Peter leave the Farm?
(a) Nine days.
(b) One day.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
2. What idea does M.C. put into Peter's head?
(a) That Peter should become a vegetarian.
(b) That Peter should quit his journey.
(c) That Peter needs to find a good southern woman.
(d) That Peter should become a farmer.
3. In Chapter 16, what does the oldest Oliver son tell the bootleggers?
(a) Where Peter is staying.
(b) If they lay a hand on Peter or Cooper the Oliver family will be ready.
(c) That Peter is a rat.
(d) That he would like some alcohol.
4. In Chapter 15, who does Peter discover lives in Murphy?
(a) His great grandfather.
(b) Bootleggers and drug dealers.
(c) An old friend.
(d) His college roomate's sister.
5. How do people treat Peter and Cooper at the Farm?
(a) They welcome him.
(b) They laugh at him.
(c) They despise him.
(d) They fear him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chapter 22 opens, where is Peter working?
2. At the Farm Peter learns of Stephen Gaskin. Who is Stephen Gaskin?
3. What natural disaster strikes Murphy in Chapter 18?
4. How does Peter feel at that start of Chapter 19?
5. In Chapter 13, what must Peter do in order to live with the Oliver family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Peter's relationship with Cooper.
2. What is Peter's job like while living in Murphy?
3. In Chapter 13, Peter meets a sheriff. Describe their interaction.
4. Describe Peter's church experience while living with the Oliver family in Chapter 13.
5. Describe the altercation Peter is involved in during Chapter 24 and how it is resolved.
6. Describe M.C Jenkins. What important role does he play in Peter's life?
7. What is Peter's impression of Stephen Gaskin?
8. How does being on the Farm influence Peter in a positive way?
9. In Chapter 19, Peter hears about a location called the Farm. Describe this place.
10. Describe the Oliver family home.
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)