|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Peter leaving at the start of Chapter 19?
(b) His house.
(d) New York.
2. What does Peter think about the people who follow Stephen Gaskin?
(a) They are brave.
(b) They are cowardly.
(c) They are wise.
(d) They are foolish.
3. How does Peter feel when he leaves M.C's place?
(a) As fondly of M.C. as he does Homer and the Oliver family.
(b) He detests M.C. as much as he does the racists he encounters.
(c) He detests Alabama.
(d) He loves Alabama.
4. Why does Peter have the emotions he is feeling at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Because he is no longer poor.
(b) Because he is sad his friend died.
(c) Because he is enjoying his trip.
(d) Because he is alone after being around family.
5. Where is Peter at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Albert City.
(b) Johnson City.
(c) Gloria County.
(d) Shelby County.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peter bury Cooper?
2. Who does Peter forgive at the end of Chapter 24?
3. At the Farm Peter learns of Stephen Gaskin. Who is Stephen Gaskin?
4. Where have Peter and Cooper left at the start of Chapter 20?
5. In Chapter 25, Governor Wallace makes Peter an offer. What is Peter's response to Governor Wallace's offer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the teachings of Stephen Gaskin influence Peter in a positive way?
2. How does the act of nature that occurs in Chapter 17 pull together the town?
3. Describe the Oliver family home.
4. What happens during Peter's meeting with Governor Wallace? How does Peter's opinion of Governor Wallace change?
5. What is Peter's impression of Stephen Gaskin?
6. In Chapter 23 Peter meets a family while walking. What does the family do for him, and how does this change his opinion on Alabama?
7. What happens to Peter in the country store in Chapter 26?
8. What is Cooper's impression of the Farm?
9. Describe Peter's relationship with Cooper.
10. What is the significance of the diner experience Peter has at the end of Chapter 25.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)