|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peter give the Oliver family a gift?
(a) They have given him a gift.
(b) Peter feels sorry for them.
(c) It's their anniversary.
(d) They have stood up for him.
2. What does Peter realize at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) That he doesn't want to be one of Stephen's captives.
(b) That he is happy.
(c) That he is out of money.
(d) That he wants to live at the Farm.
3. Where does Peter bury Cooper?
(a) In the woods.
(b) At the Farm.
(c) By the river.
(d) In the backyard.
4. What natural disaster strikes Murphy in Chapter 18?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A blizzard.
(d) An earthquake.
5. In Chapter 21, what does Cooper not like?
(a) The woods.
(b) The Farm.
(c) The taste of chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Cooper and Peter doing at the start of Chapter 21?
2. At the start of Chapter 24, whom does Peter call?
3. In Chapter 26, Who is Miss Margaret?
4. At the end of Chapter 25, Peter goes to a restaurant and meets a black man. Where did the black man send his children to school?
5. What does the Oliver family do to send Peter off in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the act of nature that occurs in Murphy in Chapter 17. How does Mary Elizabeth react?
2. What is Peter's job like while living in Murphy?
3. Why is Peter torn between two destinations at the start of Chapter 23? Which state does he decide to go to?
4. What is the significance of the diner experience Peter has at the end of Chapter 25.
5. Describe Peter's relationship with Cooper.
6. How is the accident in Chapter 22 going to change Peter's journey?
7. How does the act of nature that occurs in Chapter 17 pull together the town?
8. How do the teachings of Stephen Gaskin influence Peter in a positive way?
9. What is Peter's impression of Stephen Gaskin?
10. How does being on the Farm influence Peter in a positive way?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)