|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, who is Preacher?
(a) A man who gives Peter rides to work.
(b) An altar boy.
(c) A priest.
(d) One of the Oliver family.
2. When Chapter 22 opens, where is Peter working?
(a) In a grocery store.
(b) At the Farm.
(c) At a McDonalds.
(d) At a mill.
3. Where does Peter go to work while living in Murphy?
(a) The post office.
(b) The veneer mill.
(c) A pastry shop.
(d) A grocery store.
4. In Chapter 19, Peter plans to travel to a location in Tennessee. How is this location described?
(a) A wintry mountain.
(b) A dry, desolate wasteland.
(c) A fun-loving state.
(d) A two-thousand-acre farm.
5. Why does M.C. startle Peter?
(a) M.C. is a beautiful woman.
(b) M.C. looks like Peter's father.
(c) He is carrying a pistol.
(d) He sneaks up behind him and shouts, "Boo!"
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what does M.C. pay Peter to do?
2. What gift does Peter give the Oliver family at the end of Chapter 17?
3. In Chapter 26, Who is Miss Margaret?
4. How does Governor Wallace shock Peter?
5. What does the Oliver family do to send Peter off in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Oliver family home.
2. How does the act of nature that occurs in Chapter 17 pull together the town?
3. What is Peter's impression of Stephen Gaskin?
4. In Chapter 19, Peter hears about a location called the Farm. Describe this place.
5. How is the accident in Chapter 22 going to change Peter's journey?
6. In Chapters 15 and 16, Peter finds himself isolated from the men at work. What causes this rift?
7. Describe the act of nature that occurs in Murphy in Chapter 17. How does Mary Elizabeth react?
8. In Chapter 23 Peter meets a family while walking. What does the family do for him, and how does this change his opinion on Alabama?
9. Describe Peter's relationship with Cooper.
10. In Chapter 13, Peter meets a sheriff. Describe their interaction.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)