|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what does the oldest Oliver son tell the bootleggers?
(a) If they lay a hand on Peter or Cooper the Oliver family will be ready.
(b) That he would like some alcohol.
(c) That Peter is a rat.
(d) Where Peter is staying.
2. Where is Peter leaving at the start of Chapter 19?
(c) New York.
(d) His house.
3. As Peter is walking in Chapter 24, a pickup truck pulls over next to him. What does the driver of the truck yell at Peter?
(a) That Peter is a drug-dealing Yankee and that he will kill Peter.
(b) That Peter should watch out for hunters.
(c) That Peter dropped his wallet.
(d) That the road is closed.
4. How does Peter feel when he leaves M.C's place?
(a) As fondly of M.C. as he does Homer and the Oliver family.
(b) He loves Alabama.
(c) He detests Alabama.
(d) He detests M.C. as much as he does the racists he encounters.
5. In Chapter 15, who is Annie?
(a) Peter's girlfriend.
(b) Preacher's wife.
(c) A mill worker.
(d) The farm cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peter feel about America at the end of Chapter 18?
2. How does Peter feel at that start of Chapter 19?
3. In Chapter 25, Governor Wallace makes Peter an offer. What is Peter's response to Governor Wallace's offer?
4. At the end of Chapter 25, Peter goes to a restaurant and meets a black man. Where did the black man send his children to school?
5. How does Cooper die?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)