|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peter feel about America at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Peter wants to move to Canada.
(b) Peter still hates America.
(c) Peter is begining to love America.
(d) Peter is indifferent.
2. In Chapter 15, who does Peter discover lives in Murphy?
(a) Bootleggers and drug dealers.
(b) His great grandfather.
(c) An old friend.
(d) His college roomate's sister.
3. Where does Peter bury Cooper?
(a) By the river.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the backyard.
(d) At the Farm.
4. Where does Peter go to work while living in Murphy?
(a) The veneer mill.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) The post office.
(d) A pastry shop.
5. What does the Oliver family do to send Peter off in Chapter 18?
(a) They pray for him.
(c) They build a pinata.
(d) They throw a feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, what surprises Peter when he enters the diner?
2. At the start of Chapter 24, whom does Peter call?
3. How long after Cooper dies does Peter leave the Farm?
4. By the end of Chapter 22, who does Peter realize he may be searching for?
5. Why does Peter give the Oliver family a gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 19, Peter hears about a location called the Farm. Describe this place.
2. In Chapters 15 and 16, Peter finds himself isolated from the men at work. What causes this rift?
3. What is Peter's job like while living in Murphy?
4. In Chapter 23 Peter meets a family while walking. What does the family do for him, and how does this change his opinion on Alabama?
5. What is the significance of the diner experience Peter has at the end of Chapter 25.
6. In Chapter 13, Peter meets a sheriff. Describe their interaction.
7. Describe M.C Jenkins. What important role does he play in Peter's life?
8. What happens during Peter's meeting with Governor Wallace? How does Peter's opinion of Governor Wallace change?
9. How do the teachings of Stephen Gaskin influence Peter in a positive way?
10. How does Peter meet the Oliver brothers in Chapter 13? What does Peter do with them?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)