|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Peter at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) In jail.
(b) At home.
(c) At the veneer mill.
(d) At the hospital.
2. Why does Peter have the emotions he is feeling at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Because he is enjoying his trip.
(b) Because he is sad his friend died.
(c) Because he is alone after being around family.
(d) Because he is no longer poor.
3. How do the bootleggers threaten the Oliver family in Chapter 15?
(a) They tell Mr. Oliver if he doesn't ask Peter to leave, they will kill Peter and Cooper.
(b) They will burn the Oliver home down.
(c) They threaten to turn the Oliver family into the police.
(d) They will murder the Oliver family.
4. What does Governor Wallace tell Peter before he leaves?
(a) That he will have state troopers watch out for him.
(b) To never return.
(c) To watch his back.
(d) To be careful.
5. By the end of Chapter 22, who does Peter realize he may be searching for?
(a) His long lost sister.
(b) His family.
(c) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, who does Peter discover lives in Murphy?
2. In Chapter 22, what does the vet tell Peter about Cooper?
3. How is Governor Wallace disabled?
4. Who does Peter forgive at the end of Chapter 24?
5. In Chapter 24, a pickup truck pulls over to Peter. Who is driving the truck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Oliver family home.
2. What happens to Peter in the country store in Chapter 26?
3. How does Peter meet the Oliver brothers in Chapter 13? What does Peter do with them?
4. How do the teachings of Stephen Gaskin influence Peter in a positive way?
5. What is Cooper's impression of the Farm?
6. What is Peter's job like while living in Murphy?
7. Describe Governor Wallace and what Peter thinks about him in.
8. What happens during Peter's meeting with Governor Wallace? How does Peter's opinion of Governor Wallace change?
9. Describe Peter's relationship with Cooper.
10. In Chapter 13, Peter meets a sheriff. Describe their interaction.
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)