|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 23, what does Peter decide to try and do?
(a) To meet Govenor Wallace.
(b) To meet the president.
(c) To try catfish.
(d) Call home.
2. In Chapter 26, what does M.C. pay Peter to do?
(a) Work on his farm.
(b) Clean his gutters.
(c) Work in his store.
(d) Mow his lawn.
3. In Chapter 16, what does the oldest Oliver son tell the bootleggers?
(a) That Peter is a rat.
(b) That he would like some alcohol.
(c) If they lay a hand on Peter or Cooper the Oliver family will be ready.
(d) Where Peter is staying.
4. What does Governor Wallace tell Peter before he leaves?
(a) To never return.
(b) That he will have state troopers watch out for him.
(c) To be careful.
(d) To watch his back.
5. In Chapter 26, Who is Miss Margaret?
(a) M.C.'s wife.
(b) The store clerk.
(c) An actress.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Peter at the start of Chapter 17?
2. In Chapter 23, Peter is debating traveling to which two states?
3. What offer does Governor Wallace make Peter?
4. Who does Peter forgive at the end of Chapter 24?
5. What is "butcher night" as referred to in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter meet the Oliver brothers in Chapter 13? What does Peter do with them?
2. Describe Peter's church experience while living with the Oliver family in Chapter 13.
3. How is the accident in Chapter 22 going to change Peter's journey?
4. What is Peter's job like while living in Murphy?
5. In Chapter 22 there is a terrible accident. Describe this event.
6. Describe Peter's relationship with Cooper.
7. Describe the Oliver family home.
8. In Chapters 15 and 16, Peter finds himself isolated from the men at work. What causes this rift?
9. What is Peter's impression of Stephen Gaskin?
10. How does the act of nature that occurs in Chapter 17 pull together the town?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)