|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter want from Governor Wallace?
(a) A set of new clothes.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) An honest answer.
2. At the end of Chapter 25, Peter goes to a restaurant and meets a black man. Where did the black man send his children to school?
(a) His children went to school out of state.
(b) His children did not go to school.
(c) His children went to private school.
(d) His children went to public school.
3. Why do the bootleggers dislike Peter?
(a) He steals from them.
(b) He does not pay them for goods.
(c) He is telling lies about them.
(d) They think he was the cause of the raid.
4. In Chapter 18, how do the black church members help the white church members?
(a) They give the white church members food.
(b) They give them shelter.
(c) They pray for them.
(d) They help rebuild the white church.
5. What does the Oliver family do to send Peter off in Chapter 18?
(a) They pray for him.
(c) They build a pinata.
(d) They throw a feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Governor Wallace shock Peter?
2. Why does Peter decide to head to head to Tennessee?
3. At the end of Chapter 14 Peter receives his first pay check. How much is it?
4. In Chapter 17, why are the men at the mill mad at Peter?
5. How does Peter feel when he leaves M.C's place?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Peter meets a sheriff. Describe their interaction.
2. Describe Peter's relationship with Cooper.
3. Describe Peter's church experience while living with the Oliver family in Chapter 13.
4. What is Peter's job like while living in Murphy?
5. How does Peter meet the Oliver brothers in Chapter 13? What does Peter do with them?
6. What happens to Peter in the country store in Chapter 26?
7. Describe the altercation Peter is involved in during Chapter 24 and how it is resolved.
8. In Chapters 15 and 16, Peter finds himself isolated from the men at work. What causes this rift?
9. Describe the act of nature that occurs in Murphy in Chapter 17. How does Mary Elizabeth react?
10. What is Peter's impression of Stephen Gaskin?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)