|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 19, where is Peter headed?
(b) The Farm.
(d) North Carolina.
2. Where is Peter at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) In jail.
(c) At the veneer mill.
(d) At home.
3. Why does Peter have the emotions he is feeling at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Because he is no longer poor.
(b) Because he is sad his friend died.
(c) Because he is enjoying his trip.
(d) Because he is alone after being around family.
4. Who does Peter forgive at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) The man who stole from him.
(b) The drunk who threatened him.
(c) The girl that tripped him.
(d) The woman who kissed him.
5. In Chapter 25, what surprises Peter when he enters the diner?
(a) The diner is empty.
(b) There is no one there.
(c) Everyone is dressed in black tie.
(d) Blacks and whites are dining together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Peter and Cooper at the beginning of Chapter 18?
2. At the Farm Peter meets many people, why does Peter never meet Stephen Gaskin?
3. Where does Peter go to work while living in Murphy?
4. What code does Peter use to describe Alabama?
5. How do people treat Peter and Cooper at the Farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter meet the Oliver brothers in Chapter 13? What does Peter do with them?
2. In Chapter 23 Peter meets a family while walking. What does the family do for him, and how does this change his opinion on Alabama?
3. What is Peter's job like while living in Murphy?
4. How does being on the Farm influence Peter in a positive way?
5. What is Cooper's impression of the Farm?
6. In Chapter 13, Peter meets a sheriff. Describe their interaction.
7. Describe Peter's church experience while living with the Oliver family in Chapter 13.
8. How is the accident in Chapter 22 going to change Peter's journey?
9. Why is Peter torn between two destinations at the start of Chapter 23? Which state does he decide to go to?
10. In Chapters 15 and 16, Peter finds himself isolated from the men at work. What causes this rift?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)