|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter realize at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) That he wants to live at the Farm.
(b) That he is out of money.
(c) That he doesn't want to be one of Stephen's captives.
(d) That he is happy.
2. In Chapter 25, what surprises Peter when he enters the diner?
(a) Blacks and whites are dining together.
(b) There is no one there.
(c) The diner is empty.
(d) Everyone is dressed in black tie.
3. At the end of Chapter 22 when Peter leaves the Farm, how does Peter feel?
4. In Chapter 14, who is Preacher?
(a) A man who gives Peter rides to work.
(b) One of the Oliver family.
(c) A priest.
(d) An altar boy.
5. How does Peter feel at that start of Chapter 19?
(a) Angry and violent.
(b) Sad and depressed.
(c) Happy and upbeat.
(d) Scared and vulnerable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Peter forgive at the end of Chapter 24?
2. How does Peter feel about America at the end of Chapter 18?
3. What is "butcher night" as referred to in Chapter 15?
4. What does Governor Wallace tell Peter before he leaves?
5. Where have Peter and Cooper left at the start of Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Peter's relationship with Cooper.
2. Describe Peter's church experience while living with the Oliver family in Chapter 13.
3. How do the teachings of Stephen Gaskin influence Peter in a positive way?
4. What is Peter's job like while living in Murphy?
5. In Chapter 23 Peter meets a family while walking. What does the family do for him, and how does this change his opinion on Alabama?
6. How does being on the Farm influence Peter in a positive way?
7. In Chapter 22 there is a terrible accident. Describe this event.
8. What is Cooper's impression of the Farm?
9. Describe M.C Jenkins. What important role does he play in Peter's life?
10. What is the significance of the diner experience Peter has at the end of Chapter 25.
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)