|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter want from Governor Wallace?
(b) An honest answer.
(c) A set of new clothes.
(d) A place to stay.
2. In Chapter 15, who does Peter discover lives in Murphy?
(a) His college roomate's sister.
(b) An old friend.
(c) Bootleggers and drug dealers.
(d) His great grandfather.
3. After the white church is destroyed, where do the white people go to pray?
(a) The school house.
(b) The black church.
(c) Another town.
(d) Their homes.
4. How do people treat Peter and Cooper at the Farm?
(a) They laugh at him.
(b) They welcome him.
(c) They fear him.
(d) They despise him.
5. Where are Peter and Cooper at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The woods.
(c) The church.
(d) The police station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter realize at the end of Chapter 20?
2. At the end of Chapter 14 Peter receives his first pay check. How much is it?
3. Why does Peter give the Oliver family a gift?
4. Where does Peter go to work while living in Murphy?
5. How do the guests at the celebration get along with each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Governor Wallace and what Peter thinks about him in.
2. Describe the act of nature that occurs in Murphy in Chapter 17. How does Mary Elizabeth react?
3. Describe Peter's church experience while living with the Oliver family in Chapter 13.
4. Describe M.C Jenkins. What important role does he play in Peter's life?
5. What is Cooper's impression of the Farm?
6. How do the teachings of Stephen Gaskin influence Peter in a positive way?
7. In Chapters 15 and 16, Peter finds himself isolated from the men at work. What causes this rift?
8. Describe Peter's relationship with Cooper.
9. What is Peter's job like while living in Murphy?
10. In Chapter 19, Peter hears about a location called the Farm. Describe this place.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)