|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 25, what surprises Peter when he enters the diner?
(a) Blacks and whites are dining together.
(b) Everyone is dressed in black tie.
(c) There is no one there.
(d) The diner is empty.
2. Where are Peter and Cooper at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The church.
(c) The woods.
(d) The police station.
3. In Chapter 26, what does M.C. pay Peter to do?
(a) Work on his farm.
(b) Work in his store.
(c) Clean his gutters.
(d) Mow his lawn.
4. Where is Peter leaving at the start of Chapter 19?
(a) New York.
(b) His house.
5. What gift does Peter give the Oliver family at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Wood to build pig pens.
(b) Two cows.
(c) A new car.
(d) A hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chapter 22 opens, where is Peter working?
2. What does Peter think about the people who follow Stephen Gaskin?
3. In Chapter 17, why are the men at the mill mad at Peter?
4. Why does Peter decide to head to head to Tennessee?
5. What does the Oliver family do to send Peter off in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Peter torn between two destinations at the start of Chapter 23? Which state does he decide to go to?
2. In Chapter 19, Peter hears about a location called the Farm. Describe this place.
3. What happens to Peter in the country store in Chapter 26?
4. Describe the act of nature that occurs in Murphy in Chapter 17. How does Mary Elizabeth react?
5. What is Peter's job like while living in Murphy?
6. Describe Governor Wallace and what Peter thinks about him in.
7. Describe M.C Jenkins. What important role does he play in Peter's life?
8. What is Peter's impression of Stephen Gaskin?
9. How is the accident in Chapter 22 going to change Peter's journey?
10. What is Cooper's impression of the Farm?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)