|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the bootleggers threaten the Oliver family in Chapter 15?
(a) They threaten to turn the Oliver family into the police.
(b) They will murder the Oliver family.
(c) They will burn the Oliver home down.
(d) They tell Mr. Oliver if he doesn't ask Peter to leave, they will kill Peter and Cooper.
2. What does Peter want from Governor Wallace?
(a) A place to stay.
(b) An honest answer.
(c) A set of new clothes.
3. When Chapter 22 opens, where is Peter working?
(a) At a mill.
(b) At the Farm.
(c) At a McDonalds.
(d) In a grocery store.
4. At the Farm Peter learns of Stephen Gaskin. Who is Stephen Gaskin?
(a) The leader of the commune.
(b) A man in a truck.
(c) They mayor of Murphy.
(d) A policeman.
5. In Chapter 15, who is Annie?
(a) Peter's girlfriend.
(b) A mill worker.
(c) Preacher's wife.
(d) The farm cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, what surprises Peter when he enters the diner?
2. As Peter is walking in Chapter 24, a pickup truck pulls over next to him. What does the driver of the truck yell at Peter?
3. In Chapter 16, what does the oldest Oliver son tell the bootleggers?
4. Where is Peter at the beginning of Chapter 24?
5. What is Peter planning at the end of Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the act of nature that occurs in Chapter 17 pull together the town?
2. Describe Peter's relationship with Cooper.
3. What is Peter's impression of Stephen Gaskin?
4. Describe Peter's church experience while living with the Oliver family in Chapter 13.
5. Describe the act of nature that occurs in Murphy in Chapter 17. How does Mary Elizabeth react?
6. In Chapters 15 and 16, Peter finds himself isolated from the men at work. What causes this rift?
7. What is Cooper's impression of the Farm?
8. How do the teachings of Stephen Gaskin influence Peter in a positive way?
9. Describe the altercation Peter is involved in during Chapter 24 and how it is resolved.
10. How does being on the Farm influence Peter in a positive way?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)