|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what does M.C. pay Peter to do?
(a) Clean his gutters.
(b) Mow his lawn.
(c) Work in his store.
(d) Work on his farm.
2. Where does Peter go to work while living in Murphy?
(a) The post office.
(b) A pastry shop.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) The veneer mill.
3. In Chapter 22, what does the vet tell Peter about Cooper?
(a) That there is a chance Cooper might live.
(b) That Cooper is stunned.
(c) That Cooper is sleeping.
(d) Cooper is dead.
4. What is Peter planning at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) His wedding.
(b) His departure from the Farm.
(c) A vacation.
(d) A surprise party for Stephen Gaskin.
5. In Chapter 13, where does Peter meet the Oliver brothers?
(a) At the local fishing hole.
(b) At a bank.
(c) At the general store.
(d) At a basketball game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer does Governor Wallace make Peter?
2. At the end of Chapter 14 Peter receives his first pay check. How much is it?
3. In Chapter 21, what does Cooper not like?
4. Why does Peter give the Oliver family a gift?
5. Where is Peter at the beginning of Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the diner experience Peter has at the end of Chapter 25.
2. How does Peter meet the Oliver brothers in Chapter 13? What does Peter do with them?
3. How is the accident in Chapter 22 going to change Peter's journey?
4. In Chapters 15 and 16, Peter finds himself isolated from the men at work. What causes this rift?
5. Describe Peter's church experience while living with the Oliver family in Chapter 13.
6. How does being on the Farm influence Peter in a positive way?
7. What happens to Peter in the country store in Chapter 26?
8. Describe the act of nature that occurs in Murphy in Chapter 17. How does Mary Elizabeth react?
9. What happens during Peter's meeting with Governor Wallace? How does Peter's opinion of Governor Wallace change?
10. In Chapter 22 there is a terrible accident. Describe this event.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)