|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Governor Wallace shock Peter?
(a) Governor Wallace has an adopted child.
(b) Governor Wallace is mean.
(c) Governor Wallace is friendly.
(d) Governor Wallace is racist.
2. In Chapter 19, Peter decides to head to his next location, how does he hear of this place?
(a) An email.
(b) An ad in the paper.
(c) A phone call.
(d) Through people he encounters on his trip.
3. Where are Peter and Cooper at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) The police station.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The church.
(d) The woods.
4. How does Peter feel at that start of Chapter 19?
(a) Sad and depressed.
(b) Scared and vulnerable.
(c) Happy and upbeat.
(d) Angry and violent.
5. How do the bootleggers threaten the Oliver family in Chapter 15?
(a) They tell Mr. Oliver if he doesn't ask Peter to leave, they will kill Peter and Cooper.
(b) They threaten to turn the Oliver family into the police.
(c) They will murder the Oliver family.
(d) They will burn the Oliver home down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What code does Peter use to describe Alabama?
2. In Chapter 23, Peter is debating traveling to which two states?
3. What natural disaster strikes Murphy in Chapter 18?
4. At the end of Chapter 14 Peter receives his first pay check. How much is it?
5. What room does Peter stay in while at M.C.'s house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Peter's meeting with Governor Wallace? How does Peter's opinion of Governor Wallace change?
2. How does the act of nature that occurs in Chapter 17 pull together the town?
3. What is Peter's impression of Stephen Gaskin?
4. Describe Peter's church experience while living with the Oliver family in Chapter 13.
5. In Chapter 23 Peter meets a family while walking. What does the family do for him, and how does this change his opinion on Alabama?
6. In Chapters 15 and 16, Peter finds himself isolated from the men at work. What causes this rift?
7. How does Peter meet the Oliver brothers in Chapter 13? What does Peter do with them?
8. How is the accident in Chapter 22 going to change Peter's journey?
9. How does being on the Farm influence Peter in a positive way?
10. Describe the altercation Peter is involved in during Chapter 24 and how it is resolved.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)