|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peter's first reaction upon encountering the challenge in Chapter 5?
(a) To give up.
(b) To call home.
(c) To cry.
(d) To keep going.
2. What does Peter wear that is controversial?
(a) His hair long.
(b) Tattoos and piercings.
(c) Baggy pants.
(d) A button-down shirt.
3. Who joins Peter on his trip?
(a) His childhood friend.
(b) His dog.
(c) His father.
(d) No one. He travels alone.
4. What is the weather like at the end of Chapter 8?
5. What exciting event occurs at the start of Chapter 7?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) An avalanche.
(c) Peter's host threatens to kill him.
(d) Peter awakes and finds himself all alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sub-culture do people think Peter is a member of?
2. In Chapter 5, the author begins to see signs. What are the signs for?
3. Who is Cooper?
4. In Chapter 12, what does the officer claim Peter is equal to?
5. In Chapter 7, What does Peter's host want to find out?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why does Peter decide walking in the mountains is pointless?
2. Describe Peter and Scott's journey in Chapters 9 and 10.
3. In Chapter 5, what is Peter's impression of West Virgina? What is he shocked to find?
4. What is Peter convinced he will find out on his journey?
5. How does Peter attempt to fulfill himself prior to starting his journey?
6. Describe Peter and Cooper's first involvement with a helpful American in Chapter 3.
7. Describe Cooper and how he came to live with Peter.
8. Peter meets many people on his trip. Sometimes people react to Peter in a bad way. Describe people's reactions to Peter and why they feel that way. Cite an example from Chapters 1-4.
9. Describe the map that Peter provides in his book.
10. Describe Homer and his home.
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)