|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of weather did Peter and Cooper encounter while traveling through Virginia, Tennessee, and North Carolina?
(a) Harsh winter.
(b) Warm summer.
(c) Early Fall.
(d) Breezy Spring.
2. Why does the sheriff ask Peter to leave?
(a) Peter is rude to the sheriff's family.
(b) Peter steals from him.
(c) The sheriff's wife is allergic to dogs.
(d) The townspeople threaten to fire the sheriff.
3. In Chapter 2, what do Peter and Cooper do to prepare for their journey?
(a) Peter and Cooper train very hard.
(b) Peter watches the Discovery Channel for survival techniques.
(c) Peter cashes out his savings account.
(d) Peter gets a haircut.
4. What injury does Cooper receive during the attack in Chapter 3?
(a) He receives several porquipine quills in his face.
(b) He breaks his leg.
(c) Nothing, he escapes uninjured.
(d) He breaks his arm.
5. In Chapter 5, who stops to help Peter and Cooper?
(a) He meets no one.
(b) A child on a bike.
(c) A beautiful woman.
(d) A kind man in a truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of person is Homer?
2. In Chapter 3, what does the individual do after he helps Peter and Cooper?
3. Why does Peter feel depressed in Chapter 9?
4. Why is Peter surprised when he meets Homer?
5. Where did Peter grow up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Peter's life while in college.
2. In Chapter 5, why does Peter decide walking in the mountains is pointless?
3. In Chapter 5, what is Peter's impression of West Virgina? What is he shocked to find?
4. In Chapter 4, what happens when Peter arrives in Washington, DC?
5. How does Peter attempt to fulfill himself prior to starting his journey?
6. Describe Cooper and how he came to live with Peter.
7. What is Peter's experience in Robbinsville, North Carolina?
8. Describe Peter and Cooper's first involvement with a helpful American in Chapter 3.
9. In Chapter 7 Homer makes Peter an offer. What is the offer and what is Peter's reaction? Why does Peter react this way?
10. How is Peter helped in Chapter 5?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)