|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Homer is better then Peter at what?
(a) Chopping trees.
(b) Climbing moutains.
(c) Writing books.
(d) Cooking dinner.
2. In Chapter 2, what do Peter and Cooper do to prepare for their journey?
(a) Peter cashes out his savings account.
(b) Peter gets a haircut.
(c) Peter and Cooper train very hard.
(d) Peter watches the Discovery Channel for survival techniques.
3. In Chapter 5, who stops to help Peter and Cooper?
(a) A kind man in a truck.
(b) A child on a bike.
(c) A beautiful woman.
(d) He meets no one.
4. How does the author keep track of his adventures without carrying a lot of materials?
(a) He calls his editor.
(b) He writes in code.
(c) He sends emails.
(d) He records notes in his laptop.
5. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 1 begins?
(a) At the ocean.
(b) In Peter's home in front of a fire.
(c) In a country store explaining their journey.
(d) On top of a moutain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Peter promise his host before leaving?
2. Where does Peter decide to travel?
3. What exciting event occurs at the start of Chapter 7?
4. Why is Peter surprised when he meets Homer?
5. What makes Peter's travel difficult in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Homer and his home.
2. Peter meets many people on his trip. Sometimes people react to Peter in a bad way. Describe people's reactions to Peter and why they feel that way. Cite an example from Chapters 1-4.
3. How is Peter helped in Chapter 5?
4. Describe Peter and Cooper's first involvement with a helpful American in Chapter 3.
5. Describe the map that Peter provides in his book.
6. Describe Peter's life growing up.
7. What holiday is approaching in Chapter 5? How do Peter and Cooper celebrate?
8. Describe Cooper and how he came to live with Peter.
9. In Chapter 9, Peter meets a woman at a diner. Describe their interaction.
10. In Chapter 11, Peter falls ill. Describe the days he was ill.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)