|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what happens to Peter when Scott leaves?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) He becomes seriously ill.
(c) He loses his way.
(d) He hunts a deer.
2. What is Peter's first reaction upon encountering the challenge in Chapter 5?
(a) To cry.
(b) To keep going.
(c) To give up.
(d) To call home.
3. What does Peter learn in Fontana Village, North Carolina?
(a) That president Kennedy was assassinated.
(b) That people have been catching the flu and dying from it.
(c) That his father is ill.
(d) That he is almost to Louisiana.
4. In Chapter 4, a local establishment provides Peter with items for him to carry on his trip. How many items do they provide him with?
(a) A car-load full.
(b) Enough to last him his entire trip.
(c) As many as he can reasonably carry.
(d) Ten pounds.
5. Why does Peter feel depressed in Chapter 9?
(a) He is out of money.
(b) The holidays are approaching.
(c) He feels like a failure.
(d) His father died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like at the end of Chapter 8?
2. At the start of Chapter 5, where do Peter and Cooper heads toward?
3. Homer is better then Peter at what?
4. Where does Peter decide to travel?
5. Why does Peter's host make this offer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What political events are occurring at the time of this book. How does this influence Peter's journey?
2. Describe Peter's life growing up.
3. What holiday is approaching in Chapter 5? How do Peter and Cooper celebrate?
4. How does Peter feel as the holidays approach in Chapter 9? How does he deal with these emotions?
5. Describe Cooper and how he came to live with Peter.
6. How does Peter attempt to fulfill himself prior to starting his journey?
7. In Chapter 5, why does Peter decide walking in the mountains is pointless?
8. Describe the map that Peter provides in his book.
9. After Peter's interaction with the Special Bureau of Investigation officer what does he do?
10. In Chapter 9, Peter meets a woman at a diner. Describe their interaction.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)