|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people come to see Peter before he leaves Washington, DC?
(a) To beg him to stay.
(b) To travel with him.
(c) To tell him the trip is silly.
(d) To wish him well.
2. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 8 begins?
(a) Several towns away from Homer.
(b) In a shopping mall.
(c) Back in Washington.
(d) In Homer's house.
3. What problem does Peter have after leaving the sheriff's house?
(a) He cannot find work.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) He forgets his shoes.
(d) He loses his dog.
4. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 1 begins?
(a) In Peter's home in front of a fire.
(b) At the ocean.
(c) On top of a moutain.
(d) In a country store explaining their journey.
5. Why is Peter surprised when he meets Homer?
(a) He is missing an arm.
(b) She is an old woman.
(c) He is an old man.
(d) She is thirteen years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Peter promise his host before leaving?
2. In Chapter 7, What does Peter's host want to find out?
3. In Chapter 8, Peter and Cooper find a place to stay. Where is it?
4. What city do Peter and Cooper arrive in at the end of Chapter 3?
5. What type of weather did Peter and Cooper encounter while traveling through Virginia, Tennessee, and North Carolina?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter feel as the holidays approach in Chapter 9? How does he deal with these emotions?
2. Describe Peter's method for writing on his trip. How does Peter manage to not carry lots of writing supplies?
3. In Chapter 9, Peter meets a woman at a diner. Describe their interaction.
4. Describe Peter's interaction with the Special Bureau of Investigation officer in Chapter 12.
5. What political events are occurring at the time of this book. How does this influence Peter's journey?
6. How is Peter helped in Chapter 5?
7. What holiday is approaching in Chapter 5? How do Peter and Cooper celebrate?
8. After Peter's interaction with the Special Bureau of Investigation officer what does he do?
9. In Chapter 4, what happens when Peter arrives in Washington, DC?
10. Describe the map that Peter provides in his book.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)