|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) He collects his money and leaves.
(b) He goes to jail.
(c) He buys a home in town.
(d) He decides to stay another week.
2. In Chapter 7, what does Peter promise his host before leaving?
(a) That he will pay his rent.
(b) That he will dedicate his book to him.
(c) That he will name his first child after him.
(d) That he will return to see him again.
3. In Chapter 2, we learn why Peter starts his journey. What is the reason?
(a) He loses his job.
(b) His parents ask him to move out.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He wants to see if America is as bad as he believes.
4. Why is Peter's climb in the mountains such a challenge?
(a) Peter broke his leg.
(b) The weather and lack of nourishment.
(c) The lack of sleep.
(d) The mountain has no path.
5. At the end of Chapter 5, Peter travels to a country store in what state?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 5, where do Peter and Cooper heads toward?
2. Along the way, Cooper and Peter stop at a country store to buy a feast. Who joins them?
3. Why does the lady at the diner give Peter a free meal?
4. How does Peter react to offer of a free meal?
5. In Chapter 10, who saves Peter, Scott, and Cooper from the attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cooper and how he came to live with Peter.
2. What holiday is approaching in Chapter 5? How do Peter and Cooper celebrate?
3. Describe Peter and Scott's journey in Chapters 9 and 10.
4. Why is the country store at the start of Chapter 5 so important?
5. What is Peter convinced he will find out on his journey?
6. Describe Peter's emotional state as he starts his journey at the end of Chapter 4.
7. What political events are occurring at the time of this book. How does this influence Peter's journey?
8. What is Peter's experience in Robbinsville, North Carolina?
9. Describe the map that Peter provides in his book.
10. After Peter's interaction with the Special Bureau of Investigation officer what does he do?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)