|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who helps Peter with Cooper?
(a) A man in a truck.
(b) A sales clerk.
(c) A priest.
(d) A teacher.
2. Who is Cooper?
(a) Peter's brother.
(b) Peter's dog, a half Alaskan Malamute.
(c) Peter's roommate.
(d) Peter's wife.
3. Along the way, Cooper and Peter stop at a country store to buy a feast. Who joins them?
(a) An old man.
(b) The store owner.
(c) An old woman.
(d) They dine alone.
4. What is the weather like at the end of Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 8, Peter and Cooper find a place to stay. Where is it?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A firehouse.
(c) A school house.
(d) A church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Peter promise his host before leaving?
2. Why do people come to see Peter before he leaves Washington, DC?
3. In Chapter 12, where does Peter stay after leaving the sheriff's house?
4. What does Peter wear that is controversial?
5. In Chapter 4, who comes to see Peter off on his journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Peter convinced he will find out on his journey?
2. In Chapter 23 Peter meets a family while walking. What does the family do for him, and how does this change his opinion on Alabama?
3. Describe Peter's church experience while living with the Oliver family in Chapter 13.
4. Why is Peter torn between two destinations at the start of Chapter 23? Which state does he decide to go to?
5. Describe M.C Jenkins. What important role does he play in Peter's life?
6. Describe Governor Wallace and what Peter thinks about him in.
7. Why are Barbara and Peter looking for a sign from God in Chapter 30?
8. What is Peter's experience in Robbinsville, North Carolina?
9. Describe Peter's life while in college.
10. In Chapter 11, Peter falls ill. Describe the days he was ill.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)