|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, who challenges Peter to start his journey?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His friend.
2. What is the weather like at the end of Chapter 8?
3. What sub-culture do people think Peter is a member of?
(a) Beatnik culture.
(b) Jazz culture.
(c) Alternative culture.
(d) Hippie culture.
4. How is Homer described?
(a) As a studious secretary.
(b) As a loving stay at home mom.
(c) As a real mountain man.
(d) As a burly lumberjack.
5. In Chapter 3, who helps Peter with Cooper?
(a) A priest.
(b) A sales clerk.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A man in a truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the officer threaten to do to Peter?
2. What is Peter's first reaction upon encountering the challenge in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 5, the author begins to see signs. What are the signs for?
4. In what State do Peter and Cooper stay with the sheriff and his family?
5. Along the way, Cooper and Peter stop at a country store to buy a feast. Who joins them?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what is Peter's impression of West Virgina? What is he shocked to find?
2. In Chapter 5, why does Peter decide walking in the mountains is pointless?
3. In Chapter 11, Peter falls ill. Describe the days he was ill.
4. Describe Homer and his home.
5. Why is the country store at the start of Chapter 5 so important?
6. How does Peter attempt to fulfill himself prior to starting his journey?
7. How does Peter feel as the holidays approach in Chapter 9? How does he deal with these emotions?
8. In Chapter 4, what happens when Peter arrives in Washington, DC?
9. Describe Peter and Scott's journey in Chapters 9 and 10.
10. Describe Peter's interaction with the Special Bureau of Investigation officer in Chapter 12.
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)