|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what do Peter and Cooper do to prepare for their journey?
(a) Peter watches the Discovery Channel for survival techniques.
(b) Peter gets a haircut.
(c) Peter cashes out his savings account.
(d) Peter and Cooper train very hard.
2. What historic event do we learn that Peter attended during his college years?
(b) The Tianamen Square protests.
3. How does Peter react to offer of a free meal?
4. What horrible event occurs to Cooper in Chapter 3?
(a) He returns home.
(b) He is attacked by an animal.
(c) He dies.
(d) He runs away.
5. In Chapter 7, What does Peter's host want to find out?
(a) Where Peter was born.
(b) If Peter is telling the truth about being on his property.
(c) What Cooper likes to eat.
(d) What time it is.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, Peter and Scott become lost on the mountain. How do they treat each other?
2. In Chapter 12, how long does Peter wait to call his parents?
3. What does Peter learn in Fontana Village, North Carolina?
4. What makes Peter's travel difficult in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 2, who challenges Peter to start his journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Peter's interaction with the Special Bureau of Investigation officer what does he do?
2. What is Peter's experience in Robbinsville, North Carolina?
3. List some hardships that Peter faces in Chapter 5.
4. Describe the map that Peter provides in his book.
5. In Chapter 11, Peter falls ill. Describe the days he was ill.
6. What is Peter convinced he will find out on his journey?
7. In Chapter 5, what is Peter's impression of West Virgina? What is he shocked to find?
8. Describe Peter's method for writing on his trip. How does Peter manage to not carry lots of writing supplies?
9. In Chapter 7 Homer makes Peter an offer. What is the offer and what is Peter's reaction? Why does Peter react this way?
10. In Chapter 1, how does Peter feel about America? What does he decide to do? Why does he change his mind?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)