|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 12, how does Peter feel people perceive him?
(a) As a mean spirited person.
(b) As a cranky old man.
(c) As a loveable guy.
(d) As a drug dealing hippie.
2. Why is Peter surprised when he meets Homer?
(a) She is an old woman.
(b) She is thirteen years old.
(c) He is an old man.
(d) He is missing an arm.
3. In Chapter 4, Peter visits a place which will provide him equipment on his journey. What is this place?
(a) A camping store.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) National Geographic.
4. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 1 begins?
(a) In Peter's home in front of a fire.
(b) In a country store explaining their journey.
(c) On top of a moutain.
(d) At the ocean.
5. In Chapter 10, who saves Peter, Scott, and Cooper from the attack?
(a) The deputy.
(d) The sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What historic event do we learn that Peter attended during his college years?
2. Why is Peter's climb in the mountains such a challenge?
3. What city do Peter and Cooper arrive in at the end of Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 9, Peter and Scott become lost on the mountain. How do they treat each other?
5. How does Peter react to offer of a free meal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Peter's impression of Stephen Gaskin?
2. How does Peter attempt to fulfill himself prior to starting his journey?
3. How does Peter feel as the holidays approach in Chapter 9? How does he deal with these emotions?
4. Who do you think paid for Peter's meal at the beginning of Chapter 27? Why do you think it is this person?
5. Describe Peter's method for writing on his trip. How does Peter manage to not carry lots of writing supplies?
6. How does the revival change Peter?
7. How is Peter helped in Chapter 5?
8. Describe Governor Wallace and what Peter thinks about him in.
9. Describe Peter's interaction with the Special Bureau of Investigation officer in Chapter 12.
10. In Chapter 19, Peter hears about a location called the Farm. Describe this place.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)