|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what happens to Peter when Scott leaves?
(a) He hunts a deer.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) He becomes seriously ill.
(d) He loses his way.
2. What injury does Cooper receive during the attack in Chapter 3?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) He breaks his arm.
(c) Nothing, he escapes uninjured.
(d) He receives several porquipine quills in his face.
3. In Chapter 6, Peter is told he needs to meet Homer. Who tells him this?
(a) A postman.
(b) A hitchhiker.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) Some store patrons.
4. What is Peter shocked to NOT find in West Virginia?
(a) His family.
(b) Running water.
(c) Hillbillies and shacks.
(d) Five-star hotels.
5. What horrible event occurs to Cooper in Chapter 3?
(a) He returns home.
(b) He is attacked by an animal.
(c) He dies.
(d) He runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do people come to see Peter before he leaves Washington, DC?
2. At the start of Chapter 9, where is Peter headed?
3. How does the author keep track of his adventures without carrying a lot of materials?
4. What world event is occurring during the book?
5. What is Peter's first reaction upon encountering the challenge in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the sign from God revealed to Barbara and Peter?
2. Briefly summarize the afterword in Peter's book.
3. In Chapter 11, Peter falls ill. Describe the days he was ill.
4. How does Peter meet the Oliver brothers in Chapter 13? What does Peter do with them?
5. In Chapter 23 Peter meets a family while walking. What does the family do for him, and how does this change his opinion on Alabama?
6. Describe Peter's church experience while living with the Oliver family in Chapter 13.
7. Describe Governor Wallace and what Peter thinks about him in.
8. In Chapter 19, Peter hears about a location called the Farm. Describe this place.
9. What is Peter's experience in Robbinsville, North Carolina?
10. Describe Peter's method for writing on his trip. How does Peter manage to not carry lots of writing supplies?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)