|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peter shocked to NOT find in West Virginia?
(a) His family.
(b) Hillbillies and shacks.
(c) Running water.
(d) Five-star hotels.
2. In Chapter 4, Peter visits a location which provides him materials for him trip. What does the place provide him with?
(b) A tent.
(d) A camera.
3. Why does the sheriff ask Peter to leave?
(a) Peter steals from him.
(b) The sheriff's wife is allergic to dogs.
(c) The townspeople threaten to fire the sheriff.
(d) Peter is rude to the sheriff's family.
4. In Chapter 2, we learn why Peter starts his journey. What is the reason?
(a) He loses his job.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He wants to see if America is as bad as he believes.
(d) His parents ask him to move out.
5. What is Peter's response to his host's offer?
(a) He offers his host something in exchange.
(b) He declines.
(c) He cries.
(d) He accepts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter feel depressed in Chapter 9?
2. What does Peter decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
3. Why does Peter's host make this offer?
4. In Chapter 2, we learn Peter married while in College. Whom did he marry?
5. In Chapter 10, a group of animals attack Peter, Scott, and Cooper. What type of animals are they?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7 Homer makes Peter an offer. What is the offer and what is Peter's reaction? Why does Peter react this way?
2. In Chapter 4, what happens when Peter arrives in Washington, DC?
3. Describe Peter and Scott's journey in Chapters 9 and 10.
4. In Chapter 5, what is Peter's impression of West Virgina? What is he shocked to find?
5. Describe Cooper and how he came to live with Peter.
6. How is Peter helped in Chapter 5?
7. In Chapter 11, Peter falls ill. Describe the days he was ill.
8. Describe Peter and Cooper's first involvement with a helpful American in Chapter 3.
9. What political events are occurring at the time of this book. How does this influence Peter's journey?
10. What is Peter convinced he will find out on his journey?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)