|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the book A Walk Across America about?
(a) The reuniting of a family.
(b) A man's journey across America and what he learns.
(c) The travels of a dog who ran away from home.
(d) A story of a woman who battles the elements across America.
2. What historic event do we learn that Peter attended during his college years?
(a) The Tianamen Square protests.
3. In Chapter 12, where does Peter stay after leaving the sheriff's house?
(a) In a hostel.
(b) In his car.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In a camp outside of town.
4. In what State do Peter and Cooper stay with the sheriff and his family?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) New York.
5. In Chapter 5, how does the person that stops help Peter and Cooper?
(a) He gives them food and directions.
(b) He gives them a ride.
(c) He calls his parents.
(d) He gives them money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the lady at the diner give Peter a free meal?
2. In Chapter 2, who challenges Peter to start his journey?
3. At the end of Chapter 5, Peter travels to a country store in what state?
4. How often does Homer travel to town?
5. What are Peter and Cooper woken up by in the morning at the end of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the country store at the start of Chapter 5 so important?
2. What holiday is approaching in Chapter 5? How do Peter and Cooper celebrate?
3. Describe Cooper and how he came to live with Peter.
4. Describe Peter's method for writing on his trip. How does Peter manage to not carry lots of writing supplies?
5. How is Peter helped in Chapter 5?
6. In Chapter 1, how does Peter feel about America? What does he decide to do? Why does he change his mind?
7. How does Peter attempt to fulfill himself prior to starting his journey?
8. After Peter's interaction with the Special Bureau of Investigation officer what does he do?
9. In Chapter 5, why does Peter decide walking in the mountains is pointless?
10. Describe Peter and Cooper's first involvement with a helpful American in Chapter 3.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)