|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 5, where do Peter and Cooper heads toward?
(b) New York.
(c) The Appalachian Trail.
2. In Chapter 6, Peter is told he needs to meet Homer. Who tells him this?
(a) A hitchhiker.
(b) A postman.
(c) Some store patrons.
(d) The sheriff.
3. In Chapter 7, what does Peter's host offer him?
(a) A new car.
(b) Some clean clothes.
(c) To take over his property.
(d) A hundred dollars.
4. In Chapter 12, what does the officer claim Peter is equal to?
(a) The president.
(b) A good hearted Christian.
(c) A nasty human.
(d) "A lazy nigger."
5. In Chapter 10, a group of animals attack Peter, Scott, and Cooper. What type of animals are they?
(b) Mountain Lions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the officer threaten to do to Peter?
2. In Chapter 12, how long does Peter wait to call his parents?
3. In Chapter 4, a local establishment provides Peter with items for him to carry on his trip. How many items do they provide him with?
4. How does Peter react to offer of a free meal?
5. What does Peter decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Homer and his home.
2. In Chapter 11, Peter falls ill. Describe the days he was ill.
3. How does Peter attempt to fulfill himself prior to starting his journey?
4. Describe Peter's emotional state as he starts his journey at the end of Chapter 4.
5. What is Peter convinced he will find out on his journey?
6. Describe the map that Peter provides in his book.
7. Describe Peter and Scott's journey in Chapters 9 and 10.
8. In Chapter 1, how does Peter feel about America? What does he decide to do? Why does he change his mind?
9. In Chapter 5, why does Peter decide walking in the mountains is pointless?
10. Describe Peter's life while in college.
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)