|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Peter feeling about his journey at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) He decides to postpone his trip.
(b) He feels nervous and questions his trip.
(c) He thinks the journey is a bad idea.
(d) He feels like nothing can go wrong. He is excited.
2. How long do Peter and Cooper stay with Homer?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) A few nights.
(d) Twenty days.
3. What does the officer threaten to do to Peter?
(a) Hang Peter from a tree.
(b) Shoot Peter.
(c) Return Peter to Washington DC.
(d) Ban Peter from town.
4. At the start of Chapter 9, where is Peter headed?
5. In Chapter 9, Peter and Scott become lost on the mountain. How do they treat each other?
(a) They become closer.
(b) They treat each other kindly.
(c) They have a fist fight.
(d) They become irritated with each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Peter promise his host before leaving?
2. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 8 begins?
3. In Chapter 7, What does Peter's host want to find out?
4. In Chapter 2, we learn Peter married while in College. Whom did he marry?
5. In Chapter 4, who comes to see Peter off on his journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Peter's interaction with the Special Bureau of Investigation officer in Chapter 12.
2. In Chapter 4, what happens when Peter arrives in Washington, DC?
3. Describe Peter's life while in college.
4. What is Peter convinced he will find out on his journey?
5. How is Peter helped in Chapter 5?
6. What political events are occurring at the time of this book. How does this influence Peter's journey?
7. What holiday is approaching in Chapter 5? How do Peter and Cooper celebrate?
8. In Chapter 5, what is Peter's impression of West Virgina? What is he shocked to find?
9. Describe Peter's emotional state as he starts his journey at the end of Chapter 4.
10. Describe the map that Peter provides in his book.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)