|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, What does Peter's host want to find out?
(a) What Cooper likes to eat.
(b) What time it is.
(c) Where Peter was born.
(d) If Peter is telling the truth about being on his property.
2. In Chapter 4, Peter visits a place which will provide him equipment on his journey. What is this place?
(a) A camping store.
(b) National Geographic.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) A grocery store.
3. At the end of Chapter 5, Peter travels to a country store in what state?
4. What does Peter learn in Fontana Village, North Carolina?
(a) That he is almost to Louisiana.
(b) That his father is ill.
(c) That people have been catching the flu and dying from it.
(d) That president Kennedy was assassinated.
5. What does Peter decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) He decides to stay another week.
(b) He collects his money and leaves.
(c) He goes to jail.
(d) He buys a home in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what do Peter and Cooper do to prepare for their journey?
2. Who joins Peter on his trip?
3. Why is Peter surprised when he meets Homer?
4. What are Peter and Cooper woken up by in the morning at the end of Chapter 8?
5. What is Peter shocked to NOT find in West Virginia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Peter's emotional state as he starts his journey at the end of Chapter 4.
2. Peter meets many people on his trip. Sometimes people react to Peter in a bad way. Describe people's reactions to Peter and why they feel that way. Cite an example from Chapters 1-4.
3. Describe Peter's life while in college.
4. Describe Homer and his home.
5. In Chapter 5, why does Peter decide walking in the mountains is pointless?
6. Describe Cooper and how he came to live with Peter.
7. Describe Peter and Scott's journey in Chapters 9 and 10.
8. Describe Peter's method for writing on his trip. How does Peter manage to not carry lots of writing supplies?
9. Describe Peter's interaction with the Special Bureau of Investigation officer in Chapter 12.
10. What is Peter convinced he will find out on his journey?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)