|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Peter's host offer him?
(a) To take over his property.
(b) Some clean clothes.
(c) A hundred dollars.
(d) A new car.
2. Why is Peter surprised when he meets Homer?
(a) He is missing an arm.
(b) She is thirteen years old.
(c) She is an old woman.
(d) He is an old man.
3. How often does Homer travel to town?
(a) Every day.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Once every few months.
(d) Once a week.
4. What is Peter shocked to NOT find in West Virginia?
(a) His family.
(b) Hillbillies and shacks.
(c) Five-star hotels.
(d) Running water.
5. In Chapter 2, we learn Peter married while in College. Whom did he marry?
(a) His high-school sweetheart.
(b) His roommate's sister.
(c) A classmate.
(d) His roommate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 1 begins?
2. In Chapter 5, Peter and Cooper meet their first big challenge. What is it?
3. How does Peter react to offer of a free meal?
4. In Chapter 12, why does Peter call his parents?
5. How long do Peter and Cooper stay with Homer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Peter's emotional state as he starts his journey at the end of Chapter 4.
2. In Chapter 1, how does Peter feel about America? What does he decide to do? Why does he change his mind?
3. Describe Peter's method for writing on his trip. How does Peter manage to not carry lots of writing supplies?
4. Describe Peter and Cooper's first involvement with a helpful American in Chapter 3.
5. Why is the country store at the start of Chapter 5 so important?
6. What is Peter's experience in Robbinsville, North Carolina?
7. How does Peter attempt to fulfill himself prior to starting his journey?
8. What is Peter convinced he will find out on his journey?
9. Describe Peter and Scott's journey in Chapters 9 and 10.
10. In Chapter 9, Peter meets a woman at a diner. Describe their interaction.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)