|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What exciting event occurs at the start of Chapter 7?
(a) An avalanche.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) Peter awakes and finds himself all alone.
(d) Peter's host threatens to kill him.
2. What is the book A Walk Across America about?
(a) A story of a woman who battles the elements across America.
(b) The travels of a dog who ran away from home.
(c) The reuniting of a family.
(d) A man's journey across America and what he learns.
3. In Chapter 7, what does Peter promise his host before leaving?
(a) That he will name his first child after him.
(b) That he will pay his rent.
(c) That he will return to see him again.
(d) That he will dedicate his book to him.
4. In Chapter 2, who challenges Peter to start his journey?
(a) His wife.
(b) His friend.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. How often does Homer travel to town?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once every few months.
(c) Every day.
(d) Twice a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Peter have after leaving the sheriff's house?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Peter's host offer him?
3. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 1 begins?
4. What historic event do we learn that Peter attended during his college years?
5. In Chapter 5, the author begins to see signs. What are the signs for?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, Peter meets a woman at a diner. Describe their interaction.
2. Peter meets many people on his trip. Sometimes people react to Peter in a bad way. Describe people's reactions to Peter and why they feel that way. Cite an example from Chapters 1-4.
3. Describe the map that Peter provides in his book.
4. Describe Cooper and how he came to live with Peter.
5. Describe Peter's life growing up.
6. Describe Peter and Scott's journey in Chapters 9 and 10.
7. Describe Peter and Cooper's first involvement with a helpful American in Chapter 3.
8. How does Peter attempt to fulfill himself prior to starting his journey?
9. Describe Peter's life while in college.
10. Describe Peter's interaction with the Special Bureau of Investigation officer in Chapter 12.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)