|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Peter and Cooper meet their first big challenge. What is it?
(a) A Rattlesnake.
(b) A mountain.
(c) A broken limb.
(d) A thief.
2. What world event is occurring during the book?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Cold War.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) The Gulf War.
3. Why does Peter feel depressed in Chapter 9?
(a) His father died.
(b) He is out of money.
(c) He feels like a failure.
(d) The holidays are approaching.
4. What horrible event occurs to Cooper in Chapter 3?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He returns home.
(c) He is attacked by an animal.
(d) He dies.
5. What exciting event occurs at the start of Chapter 7?
(a) Peter awakes and finds himself all alone.
(b) Peter's host threatens to kill him.
(c) An avalanche.
(d) An earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, a group of animals attack Peter, Scott, and Cooper. What type of animals are they?
2. In Chapter 2, who challenges Peter to start his journey?
3. What is Peter shocked to NOT find in West Virginia?
4. While walking through the mountains Peter realizes something. What does he realize?
5. Why is Peter's climb in the mountains such a challenge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter meet the Oliver brothers in Chapter 13? What does Peter do with them?
2. How is the sign from God revealed to Barbara and Peter?
3. Why is the country store at the start of Chapter 5 so important?
4. How is the accident in Chapter 22 going to change Peter's journey?
5. Describe Homer and his home.
6. In Chapter 1, how does Peter feel about America? What does he decide to do? Why does he change his mind?
7. What is Cooper's impression of the Farm?
8. Describe Barbara Pennell.
9. Describe Governor Wallace and what Peter thinks about him in.
10. In Chapter 4, what happens when Peter arrives in Washington, DC?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)