|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the special officer think Peter's profession is?
(a) A writer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A therapist.
(d) A drug dealer.
2. Where did Peter grow up?
(a) The suburbs.
(b) The city.
(c) A farm.
(d) On a lake.
3. How long do Peter and Cooper stay with Homer?
(a) Twenty days.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) A few nights.
4. How often does Homer travel to town?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Once every few months.
(d) Every day.
5. Why does Peter's host make this offer?
(a) He feels he is old and going to die soon.
(b) He wants Peter to eat.
(c) He thinks walking will take Peter too long.
(d) Peter's clothes were ruined in the avalanche.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Peter surprised when he meets Homer?
2. In Chapter 8, Peter and Cooper find a place to stay. Where is it?
3. In Chapter 5, how does the person that stops help Peter and Cooper?
4. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 8 begins?
5. In Chapter 4, Peter visits a location which provides him materials for him trip. What does the place provide him with?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how does Peter feel about America? What does he decide to do? Why does he change his mind?
2. Describe Peter and Cooper's first involvement with a helpful American in Chapter 3.
3. What is Peter's experience in Robbinsville, North Carolina?
4. Describe the map that Peter provides in his book.
5. In Chapter 5, what is Peter's impression of West Virgina? What is he shocked to find?
6. Describe Peter's emotional state as he starts his journey at the end of Chapter 4.
7. In Chapter 11, Peter falls ill. Describe the days he was ill.
8. What political events are occurring at the time of this book. How does this influence Peter's journey?
9. In Chapter 4, what happens when Peter arrives in Washington, DC?
10. Describe Cooper and how he came to live with Peter.
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)