|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cooper?
(a) Peter's brother.
(b) Peter's wife.
(c) Peter's dog, a half Alaskan Malamute.
(d) Peter's roommate.
2. What does Peter learn in Fontana Village, North Carolina?
(a) That his father is ill.
(b) That president Kennedy was assassinated.
(c) That he is almost to Louisiana.
(d) That people have been catching the flu and dying from it.
3. On what date do Peter and Cooper arrive at their first city destination?
(a) September 5, 1973
(b) January 12, 1980.
(c) October 30, 1973
(d) February 15, 1975.
4. How long do Peter and Cooper stay with Homer?
(a) A few nights.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) Twenty days.
5. What sub-culture do people think Peter is a member of?
(a) Hippie culture.
(b) Jazz culture.
(c) Alternative culture.
(d) Beatnik culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who stops to help Peter and Cooper?
2. In Chapter 2, who challenges Peter to start his journey?
3. When does Peter reach Washington, DC?
4. Why does the lady at the diner give Peter a free meal?
5. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 8 begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7 Homer makes Peter an offer. What is the offer and what is Peter's reaction? Why does Peter react this way?
2. Describe Cooper and how he came to live with Peter.
3. Describe Peter and Cooper's first involvement with a helpful American in Chapter 3.
4. What political events are occurring at the time of this book. How does this influence Peter's journey?
5. In Chapter 4, what happens when Peter arrives in Washington, DC?
6. In Chapter 5, why does Peter decide walking in the mountains is pointless?
7. How is Peter helped in Chapter 5?
8. How does Peter attempt to fulfill himself prior to starting his journey?
9. After Peter's interaction with the Special Bureau of Investigation officer what does he do?
10. Describe Peter's method for writing on his trip. How does Peter manage to not carry lots of writing supplies?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)