|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What historic event do we learn that Peter attended during his college years?
(d) The Tianamen Square protests.
2. What injury does Cooper receive during the attack in Chapter 3?
(a) He receives several porquipine quills in his face.
(b) Nothing, he escapes uninjured.
(c) He breaks his arm.
(d) He breaks his leg.
3. How long do Peter and Cooper stay with Homer?
(a) Twenty days.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) A few nights.
4. What makes Peter's travel difficult in Chapter 9?
(a) The rain.
(b) The heat.
(c) The tornados.
(d) The snow.
5. What sub-culture do people think Peter is a member of?
(a) Hippie culture.
(b) Alternative culture.
(c) Beatnik culture.
(d) Jazz culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Peter feeling about his journey at the end of Chapter 4?
2. What does Peter decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
3. In what State do Peter and Cooper stay with the sheriff and his family?
4. In Chapter 3, what does the individual do after he helps Peter and Cooper?
5. What world event is occurring during the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Peter's experience in Robbinsville, North Carolina?
2. In Chapter 7 Homer makes Peter an offer. What is the offer and what is Peter's reaction? Why does Peter react this way?
3. Why is the country store at the start of Chapter 5 so important?
4. What political events are occurring at the time of this book. How does this influence Peter's journey?
5. After Peter's interaction with the Special Bureau of Investigation officer what does he do?
6. List some hardships that Peter faces in Chapter 5.
7. How does Peter attempt to fulfill himself prior to starting his journey?
8. What is Peter convinced he will find out on his journey?
9. Peter meets many people on his trip. Sometimes people react to Peter in a bad way. Describe people's reactions to Peter and why they feel that way. Cite an example from Chapters 1-4.
10. How does Peter feel as the holidays approach in Chapter 9? How does he deal with these emotions?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)