Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 5, where do Peter and Cooper heads toward?
(c) New York.
(d) The Appalachian Trail.
2. Why is Peter surprised when he meets Homer?
(a) She is thirteen years old.
(b) He is an old man.
(c) He is missing an arm.
(d) She is an old woman.
3. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 1 begins?
(a) On top of a moutain.
(b) In a country store explaining their journey.
(c) At the ocean.
(d) In Peter's home in front of a fire.
4. In Chapter 7, what does Peter promise his host before leaving?
(a) That he will return to see him again.
(b) That he will dedicate his book to him.
(c) That he will pay his rent.
(d) That he will name his first child after him.
5. In Chapter 3, who helps Peter with Cooper?
(a) A priest.
(b) A man in a truck.
(c) A sales clerk.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. While walking through the mountains Peter realizes something. What does he realize?
2. In Chapter 11, what happens to Peter when Scott leaves?
3. How long do Peter and Cooper stay with Homer?
4. What city do Peter and Cooper arrive in at the end of Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 2, we learn Peter married while in College. Whom did he marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the map that Peter provides in his book.
2. How does Peter meet the Oliver brothers in Chapter 13? What does Peter do with them?
3. In Chapter 9, Peter meets a woman at a diner. Describe their interaction.
4. Describe Peter's life growing up.
5. Describe the Oliver family home.
6. What happens during Peter's meeting with Governor Wallace? How does Peter's opinion of Governor Wallace change?
7. In Chapter 11, Peter falls ill. Describe the days he was ill.
8. What happens to Peter in the country store in Chapter 26?
9. In Chapter 13, Peter meets a sheriff. Describe their interaction.
10. What is Peter convinced he will find out on his journey?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)