|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of weather did Peter and Cooper encounter while traveling through Virginia, Tennessee, and North Carolina?
(a) Breezy Spring.
(b) Harsh winter.
(c) Warm summer.
(d) Early Fall.
2. In Chapter 10, a group of animals attack Peter, Scott, and Cooper. What type of animals are they?
(c) Mountain Lions.
3. What horrible event occurs to Cooper in Chapter 3?
(a) He is attacked by an animal.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He returns home.
(d) He dies.
4. Why is Peter's climb in the mountains such a challenge?
(a) The mountain has no path.
(b) Peter broke his leg.
(c) The lack of sleep.
(d) The weather and lack of nourishment.
5. What type of person is Homer?
(d) Kind and gentle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date does Peter start his journey?
2. In what State do Peter and Cooper stay with the sheriff and his family?
3. In Chapter 5, who stops to help Peter and Cooper?
4. What problem does Peter have after leaving the sheriff's house?
5. Why does Peter's family member decide to join him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter attempt to fulfill himself prior to starting his journey?
2. Describe Peter and Scott's journey in Chapters 9 and 10.
3. In Chapter 9, Peter meets a woman at a diner. Describe their interaction.
4. What is Peter convinced he will find out on his journey?
5. After Peter's interaction with the Special Bureau of Investigation officer what does he do?
6. In Chapter 4, what happens when Peter arrives in Washington, DC?
7. Describe Peter's method for writing on his trip. How does Peter manage to not carry lots of writing supplies?
8. In Chapter 7 Homer makes Peter an offer. What is the offer and what is Peter's reaction? Why does Peter react this way?
9. Describe Peter and Cooper's first involvement with a helpful American in Chapter 3.
10. What political events are occurring at the time of this book. How does this influence Peter's journey?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)