|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what happens to Peter when Scott leaves?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) He becomes seriously ill.
(c) He loses his way.
(d) He hunts a deer.
2. What does Peter learn in Fontana Village, North Carolina?
(a) That he is almost to Louisiana.
(b) That people have been catching the flu and dying from it.
(c) That his father is ill.
(d) That president Kennedy was assassinated.
3. How long do Peter and Cooper stay with Homer?
(a) A month.
(b) A few nights.
(c) A year.
(d) Twenty days.
4. In Chapter 12, why does Peter call his parents?
(a) To tell them he loves them.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To ask for more clothes.
(d) To disown them.
5. What does the special officer think Peter's profession is?
(a) A writer.
(b) A therapist.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A drug dealer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Peter and Cooper find a place to stay. Where is it?
2. Why does Peter's host make this offer?
3. What is the name of the person that helps Peter and Cooper?
4. Where does Peter decide to travel?
5. Homer is better then Peter at what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Peter helped in Chapter 5?
2. Describe Peter's life while in college.
3. Describe the map that Peter provides in his book.
4. In Chapter 7 Homer makes Peter an offer. What is the offer and what is Peter's reaction? Why does Peter react this way?
5. Describe Peter's emotional state as he starts his journey at the end of Chapter 4.
6. Describe Peter and Scott's journey in Chapters 9 and 10.
7. After Peter's interaction with the Special Bureau of Investigation officer what does he do?
8. What political events are occurring at the time of this book. How does this influence Peter's journey?
9. What is Peter's experience in Robbinsville, North Carolina?
10. How does Peter feel as the holidays approach in Chapter 9? How does he deal with these emotions?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)