|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do people treat Peter and Cooper at the Farm?
(a) They laugh at him.
(b) They despise him.
(c) They fear him.
(d) They welcome him.
2. Why does Peter not set up his tent in Chapter 24?
(a) He wants to experience the great outdoors.
(b) He is tired.
(c) He is lazy.
(d) He is spooked.
3. Where is Peter leaving at the start of Chapter 19?
(b) His house.
(d) New York.
4. How does Peter feel when he leaves M.C's place?
(a) He detests M.C. as much as he does the racists he encounters.
(b) He loves Alabama.
(c) As fondly of M.C. as he does Homer and the Oliver family.
(d) He detests Alabama.
5. At the end of Chapter 25, Peter goes to a restaurant and meets a black man. Where did the black man send his children to school?
(a) His children did not go to school.
(b) His children went to school out of state.
(c) His children went to private school.
(d) His children went to public school.
6. By the end of Chapter 22, who does Peter realize he may be searching for?
(a) His long lost sister.
(b) His family.
(c) His wife.
7. How does Cooper die?
(a) A hunter's rifle.
(b) Defending Peter.
(c) He is hit by a water truck.
(d) A bear attack.
8. What is "butcher night" as referred to in Chapter 15?
(a) The annual cow slaughter.
(b) A full moon.
(c) Saturday night.
(d) The night the butcher's party in the town.
9. In Chapter 24, a pickup truck pulls over to Peter. Who is driving the truck?
(a) Peter's dad.
(b) A young woman.
(c) An old man.
(d) A drunk man.
10. In Chapter 14, who is Preacher?
(a) An altar boy.
(b) A priest.
(c) A man who gives Peter rides to work.
(d) One of the Oliver family.
11. What natural disaster strikes Murphy in Chapter 18?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) A tornado.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A hurricane.
12. Why does Peter give the Oliver family a gift?
(a) They have stood up for him.
(b) They have given him a gift.
(c) Peter feels sorry for them.
(d) It's their anniversary.
13. How is Governor Wallace disabled?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He has dyslexia
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is in a wheelchair.
14. In Chapter 26, Who is Miss Margaret?
(a) M.C.'s wife.
(b) The store clerk.
(c) A teacher.
(d) An actress.
15. What are Cooper and Peter doing at the start of Chapter 21?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Playing in the woods.
(c) Taking a nap.
(d) Taking a jog.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, Peter plans to travel to a location in Tennessee. How is this location described?
2. In Chapter 26, what does M.C. pay Peter to do?
3. In Chapter 15, who does Peter discover lives in Murphy?
4. Where are Peter and Cooper at the beginning of Chapter 18?
5. In Chapter 17, why are the men at the mill mad at Peter?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)