|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 23, what does Peter decide to try and do?
(a) To try catfish.
(b) To meet Govenor Wallace.
(c) To meet the president.
(d) Call home.
2. In Chapter 23, Peter is debating traveling to which two states?
(a) Mississippi or Alabama.
(b) North Carolina or South Carolina.
(c) Oregon or Seattle.
(d) Louisianna or Texas.
3. In Chapter 25, what surprises Peter when he enters the diner?
(a) The diner is empty.
(b) There is no one there.
(c) Blacks and whites are dining together.
(d) Everyone is dressed in black tie.
4. In Chapter 18, how do the black church members help the white church members?
(a) They give them shelter.
(b) They help rebuild the white church.
(c) They give the white church members food.
(d) They pray for them.
5. At the end of Chapter 19, where is Peter headed?
(c) The Farm.
(d) North Carolina.
6. Where have Peter and Cooper left at the start of Chapter 20?
(c) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
7. What are Cooper and Peter doing at the start of Chapter 21?
(a) Taking a nap.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Taking a jog.
(d) Playing in the woods.
8. In Chapter 15, who does Peter discover lives in Murphy?
(a) His great grandfather.
(b) His college roomate's sister.
(c) Bootleggers and drug dealers.
(d) An old friend.
9. What does Peter want from Governor Wallace?
(a) An honest answer.
(b) A place to stay.
(d) A set of new clothes.
10. Where is Peter leaving at the start of Chapter 19?
(a) His house.
(d) New York.
11. At the end of Chapter 22 when Peter leaves the Farm, how does Peter feel?
12. At the start of Chapter 24, whom does Peter call?
(a) His father.
(b) His attorney.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
13. What gift does Peter give the Oliver family at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) A new car.
(b) A hundred dollars.
(c) Two cows.
(d) Wood to build pig pens.
14. At the end of Chapter 14 Peter receives his first pay check. How much is it?
15. What does Peter realize at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) That he wants to live at the Farm.
(b) That he is happy.
(c) That he doesn't want to be one of Stephen's captives.
(d) That he is out of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after Cooper dies does Peter leave the Farm?
2. In Chapter 14, who is Preacher?
3. What offer does Governor Wallace make Peter?
4. After the white church is destroyed, where do the white people go to pray?
5. In Chapter 24, a pickup truck pulls over to Peter. Who is driving the truck?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)