|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Cooper dies does Peter leave the Farm?
(a) One day.
(b) A month.
(c) Nine days.
(d) A week.
2. What does the Oliver family do to send Peter off in Chapter 18?
(a) They build a pinata.
(b) They pray for him.
(c) They throw a feast.
3. By the end of Chapter 22, who does Peter realize he may be searching for?
(a) His family.
(c) His wife.
(d) His long lost sister.
4. In Chapter 24, a pickup truck pulls over to Peter. Who is driving the truck?
(a) A drunk man.
(b) An old man.
(c) Peter's dad.
(d) A young woman.
5. How do people treat Peter and Cooper at the Farm?
(a) They laugh at him.
(b) They fear him.
(c) They despise him.
(d) They welcome him.
6. In Chapter 13, where does Peter meet the Oliver brothers?
(a) At the local fishing hole.
(b) At the general store.
(c) At a bank.
(d) At a basketball game.
7. In Chapter 25, what surprises Peter when he enters the diner?
(a) Blacks and whites are dining together.
(b) There is no one there.
(c) Everyone is dressed in black tie.
(d) The diner is empty.
8. How does Cooper die?
(a) Defending Peter.
(b) He is hit by a water truck.
(c) A bear attack.
(d) A hunter's rifle.
9. Where does Peter meet. M.C.?
(a) In a bank while writing a check.
(b) In a restaurant while eating meatloaf.
(c) In a country store while writing a postcard.
(d) In a store while buying clothes.
10. At the Farm Peter learns of Stephen Gaskin. Who is Stephen Gaskin?
(a) The leader of the commune.
(b) They mayor of Murphy.
(c) A man in a truck.
(d) A policeman.
11. Why do the bootleggers dislike Peter?
(a) He does not pay them for goods.
(b) He is telling lies about them.
(c) They think he was the cause of the raid.
(d) He steals from them.
12. How does Peter feel at that start of Chapter 19?
(a) Happy and upbeat.
(b) Scared and vulnerable.
(c) Angry and violent.
(d) Sad and depressed.
13. What natural disaster strikes Murphy in Chapter 18?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A blizzard.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A hurricane.
14. In Chapter 15, who is Annie?
(a) Preacher's wife.
(b) The farm cat.
(c) Peter's girlfriend.
(d) A mill worker.
15. Where is Peter leaving at the start of Chapter 19?
(a) New York.
(c) His house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chapter 22 opens, where is Peter working?
2. Where does Peter go to work while living in Murphy?
3. Why does Peter give the Oliver family a gift?
4. When Mary Oliver receives word of the threat, what does she tell her sons to do?
5. Why does Peter have the emotions he is feeling at the beginning of Chapter 19?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)