|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peter not set up his tent in Chapter 24?
(a) He is spooked.
(b) He is tired.
(c) He wants to experience the great outdoors.
(d) He is lazy.
2. What natural disaster strikes Murphy in Chapter 18?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A hurricane.
(c) A blizzard.
(d) A tornado.
3. At the start of Chapter 24, whom does Peter call?
(a) His attorney.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. What does the Oliver family do to send Peter off in Chapter 18?
(a) They build a pinata.
(c) They pray for him.
(d) They throw a feast.
5. Where does Peter meet. M.C.?
(a) In a country store while writing a postcard.
(b) In a bank while writing a check.
(c) In a store while buying clothes.
(d) In a restaurant while eating meatloaf.
6. How is Governor Wallace disabled?
(a) He has dyslexia
(b) He is in a wheelchair.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is blind.
7. In Chapter 22, what does the vet tell Peter about Cooper?
(a) That Cooper is stunned.
(b) Cooper is dead.
(c) That there is a chance Cooper might live.
(d) That Cooper is sleeping.
8. What room does Peter stay in while at M.C.'s house?
(a) In the guest house.
(b) In M.C.'s son's bedroom.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In the tree house.
9. What does Peter realize at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) That he doesn't want to be one of Stephen's captives.
(b) That he is out of money.
(c) That he is happy.
(d) That he wants to live at the Farm.
10. What is "butcher night" as referred to in Chapter 15?
(a) The night the butcher's party in the town.
(b) The annual cow slaughter.
(c) A full moon.
(d) Saturday night.
11. Where is Peter at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Shelby County.
(b) Johnson City.
(c) Albert City.
(d) Gloria County.
12. Where is Peter leaving at the start of Chapter 19?
(a) His house.
(b) New York.
13. How does Peter feel at that start of Chapter 19?
(a) Happy and upbeat.
(b) Scared and vulnerable.
(c) Angry and violent.
(d) Sad and depressed.
14. What does Peter think about the people who follow Stephen Gaskin?
(a) They are cowardly.
(b) They are foolish.
(c) They are brave.
(d) They are wise.
15. In Chapter 13, where does Peter meet the Oliver brothers?
(a) At the general store.
(b) At the local fishing hole.
(c) At a basketball game.
(d) At a bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the white church is destroyed, where do the white people go to pray?
2. In Chapter 15, who does Peter discover lives in Murphy?
3. In Chapter 25, what surprises Peter when he enters the diner?
4. What are Cooper and Peter doing at the start of Chapter 21?
5. How does Governor Wallace shock Peter?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)