|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Peter leaving at the start of Chapter 19?
(b) New York.
(c) His house.
2. In Chapter 20, what is the Farm?
(a) A farm.
(b) A church.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A commune.
3. At the start of Chapter 24, whom does Peter call?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His attorney.
4. Who does Peter forgive at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) The man who stole from him.
(b) The drunk who threatened him.
(c) The girl that tripped him.
(d) The woman who kissed him.
5. In Chapter 26, what does M.C. pay Peter to do?
(a) Work in his store.
(b) Mow his lawn.
(c) Work on his farm.
(d) Clean his gutters.
6. How is Governor Wallace disabled?
(a) He has dyslexia
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is in a wheelchair.
(d) He is blind.
7. What offer does Governor Wallace make Peter?
(a) Leave town or else.
(b) He offers financial assistance.
(c) To work for him in exchange for food.
(d) To stay at his home.
8. What does Peter think about the people who follow Stephen Gaskin?
(a) They are cowardly.
(b) They are foolish.
(c) They are brave.
(d) They are wise.
9. In Chapter 13, what must Peter do in order to live with the Oliver family?
(a) Wash the dishes.
(b) Clean the chicken coops.
(c) Find a job.
(d) Go to church.
10. How does Governor Wallace shock Peter?
(a) Governor Wallace is friendly.
(b) Governor Wallace has an adopted child.
(c) Governor Wallace is mean.
(d) Governor Wallace is racist.
11. In Chapter 17, why are the men at the mill mad at Peter?
(a) Peter has an affair with a mill worker's wife.
(b) Peter sucks up to the boss.
(c) Peter offends them.
(d) They think he is an informant.
12. In Chapter 19, Peter plans to travel to a location in Tennessee. How is this location described?
(a) A dry, desolate wasteland.
(b) A two-thousand-acre farm.
(c) A wintry mountain.
(d) A fun-loving state.
13. How do the bootleggers threaten the Oliver family in Chapter 15?
(a) They threaten to turn the Oliver family into the police.
(b) They will murder the Oliver family.
(c) They tell Mr. Oliver if he doesn't ask Peter to leave, they will kill Peter and Cooper.
(d) They will burn the Oliver home down.
14. What is "butcher night" as referred to in Chapter 15?
(a) The night the butcher's party in the town.
(b) The annual cow slaughter.
(c) A full moon.
(d) Saturday night.
15. In Chapter 24, a pickup truck pulls over to Peter. Who is driving the truck?
(a) An old man.
(b) A young woman.
(c) A drunk man.
(d) Peter's dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Farm Peter meets many people, why does Peter never meet Stephen Gaskin?
2. At the end of Chapter 22 when Peter leaves the Farm, how does Peter feel?
3. Why do the bootleggers dislike Peter?
4. In Chapter 19, Peter decides to head to his next location, how does he hear of this place?
5. At the end of Chapter 25, Peter goes to a restaurant and meets a black man. Where did the black man send his children to school?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)