|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 25, Governor Wallace makes Peter an offer. What is Peter's response to Governor Wallace's offer?
(a) He declines.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He makes a counter offer.
(d) He accepts.
2. At the Farm Peter meets many people, why does Peter never meet Stephen Gaskin?
(a) Peter has no time to meet Stephen.
(b) Stephen does not want to meet Peter.
(c) Stephen is in jail.
(d) No one can meet Stephen.
3. What room does Peter stay in while at M.C.'s house?
(a) In M.C.'s son's bedroom.
(b) In the barn.
(c) In the tree house.
(d) In the guest house.
4. At the end of Chapter 22 when Peter leaves the Farm, how does Peter feel?
5. Why does Peter not set up his tent in Chapter 24?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He wants to experience the great outdoors.
(c) He is spooked.
(d) He is lazy.
6. Where does Peter go to work while living in Murphy?
(a) The post office.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) The veneer mill.
(d) A pastry shop.
7. How is Governor Wallace disabled?
(a) He has dyslexia
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is in a wheelchair.
(d) He is blind.
8. Who attends the celebration at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Peter's family.
(b) The president.
(c) Peter's roommate.
(d) The sheriff.
9. Where is Peter at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Johnson City.
(b) Albert City.
(c) Gloria County.
(d) Shelby County.
10. Why does Peter have the emotions he is feeling at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Because he is alone after being around family.
(b) Because he is no longer poor.
(c) Because he is sad his friend died.
(d) Because he is enjoying his trip.
11. Why does M.C. startle Peter?
(a) M.C. is a beautiful woman.
(b) He is carrying a pistol.
(c) He sneaks up behind him and shouts, "Boo!"
(d) M.C. looks like Peter's father.
12. Where does Peter bury Cooper?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) By the river.
(d) At the Farm.
13. At the start of Chapter 24, whom does Peter call?
(a) His attorney.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
14. Where is Peter leaving at the start of Chapter 19?
(c) His house.
(d) New York.
15. What offer does Governor Wallace make Peter?
(a) He offers financial assistance.
(b) To work for him in exchange for food.
(c) Leave town or else.
(d) To stay at his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what does the vet tell Peter about Cooper?
2. In Chapter 13, where does Peter meet the Oliver brothers?
3. In Chapter 21, what does Cooper not like?
4. Why does Peter give the Oliver family a gift?
5. What does the Oliver family do to send Peter off in Chapter 18?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)