|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 25, Governor Wallace makes Peter an offer. What is Peter's response to Governor Wallace's offer?
(a) He accepts.
(b) He declines.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He makes a counter offer.
2. Why does Peter give the Oliver family a gift?
(a) It's their anniversary.
(b) They have stood up for him.
(c) Peter feels sorry for them.
(d) They have given him a gift.
3. By the end of Chapter 22, who does Peter realize he may be searching for?
(b) His wife.
(c) His family.
(d) His long lost sister.
4. Where does Peter bury Cooper?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) By the river.
(c) At the Farm.
(d) In the woods.
5. What room does Peter stay in while at M.C.'s house?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In the guest house.
(c) In M.C.'s son's bedroom.
(d) In the tree house.
6. In Chapter 19, Peter plans to travel to a location in Tennessee. How is this location described?
(a) A fun-loving state.
(b) A dry, desolate wasteland.
(c) A two-thousand-acre farm.
(d) A wintry mountain.
7. In Chapter 25, what surprises Peter when he enters the diner?
(a) The diner is empty.
(b) There is no one there.
(c) Everyone is dressed in black tie.
(d) Blacks and whites are dining together.
8. In Chapter 14, who is Preacher?
(a) A priest.
(b) An altar boy.
(c) One of the Oliver family.
(d) A man who gives Peter rides to work.
9. In Chapter 26, Who is Miss Margaret?
(a) An actress.
(b) M.C.'s wife.
(c) The store clerk.
(d) A teacher.
10. At the Farm Peter learns of Stephen Gaskin. Who is Stephen Gaskin?
(a) A man in a truck.
(b) A policeman.
(c) They mayor of Murphy.
(d) The leader of the commune.
11. What does Peter think about the people who follow Stephen Gaskin?
(a) They are foolish.
(b) They are cowardly.
(c) They are brave.
(d) They are wise.
12. Who does Peter forgive at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) The man who stole from him.
(b) The girl that tripped him.
(c) The woman who kissed him.
(d) The drunk who threatened him.
13. Where is Peter leaving at the start of Chapter 19?
(b) New York.
(d) His house.
14. How do people treat Peter and Cooper at the Farm?
(a) They welcome him.
(b) They despise him.
(c) They laugh at him.
(d) They fear him.
15. In Chapter 16, what does the oldest Oliver son tell the bootleggers?
(a) Where Peter is staying.
(b) If they lay a hand on Peter or Cooper the Oliver family will be ready.
(c) That he would like some alcohol.
(d) That Peter is a rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, how do the black church members help the white church members?
2. In Chapter 15, who is Annie?
3. Why do the bootleggers dislike Peter?
4. Why does Peter decide to head to head to Tennessee?
5. What is Peter planning at the end of Chapter 20?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)