|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peter have the emotions he is feeling at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Because he is enjoying his trip.
(b) Because he is no longer poor.
(c) Because he is alone after being around family.
(d) Because he is sad his friend died.
2. How long after Cooper dies does Peter leave the Farm?
(a) A week.
(b) A month.
(c) One day.
(d) Nine days.
3. In Chapter 21, what does Cooper not like?
(a) The Farm.
(b) The woods.
(d) The taste of chicken.
4. What does Peter realize at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) That he doesn't want to be one of Stephen's captives.
(b) That he wants to live at the Farm.
(c) That he is out of money.
(d) That he is happy.
5. Where have Peter and Cooper left at the start of Chapter 20?
(c) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
6. At the start of Chapter 24, whom does Peter call?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His attorney.
7. In Chapter 25, Governor Wallace makes Peter an offer. What is Peter's response to Governor Wallace's offer?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He accepts.
(c) He declines.
(d) He makes a counter offer.
8. At the end of Chapter 22 when Peter leaves the Farm, how does Peter feel?
9. How do the guests at the celebration get along with each other?
(a) Everyone gets along very well.
(b) They ignore one another.
(c) Everyone hates each other.
(d) There was no celebration.
10. Why does M.C. startle Peter?
(a) He sneaks up behind him and shouts, "Boo!"
(b) He is carrying a pistol.
(c) M.C. looks like Peter's father.
(d) M.C. is a beautiful woman.
11. How do people treat Peter and Cooper at the Farm?
(a) They laugh at him.
(b) They welcome him.
(c) They fear him.
(d) They despise him.
12. At the Farm Peter meets many people, why does Peter never meet Stephen Gaskin?
(a) Stephen is in jail.
(b) Peter has no time to meet Stephen.
(c) Stephen does not want to meet Peter.
(d) No one can meet Stephen.
13. When Chapter 22 opens, where is Peter working?
(a) At a McDonalds.
(b) In a grocery store.
(c) At the Farm.
(d) At a mill.
14. After the white church is destroyed, where do the white people go to pray?
(a) The black church.
(b) Their homes.
(c) Another town.
(d) The school house.
15. How is Governor Wallace disabled?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is in a wheelchair.
(d) He has dyslexia
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Peter forgive at the end of Chapter 24?
2. What offer does Governor Wallace make Peter?
3. What does Peter think about the people who follow Stephen Gaskin?
4. In Chapter 20, what is the Farm?
5. Why does Peter not set up his tent in Chapter 24?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)