|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Governor Wallace tell Peter before he leaves?
(a) To never return.
(b) That he will have state troopers watch out for him.
(c) To be careful.
(d) To watch his back.
2. When Chapter 22 opens, where is Peter working?
(a) At the Farm.
(b) At a mill.
(c) In a grocery store.
(d) At a McDonalds.
3. How do the guests at the celebration get along with each other?
(a) They ignore one another.
(b) Everyone hates each other.
(c) There was no celebration.
(d) Everyone gets along very well.
4. In Chapter 23, Peter is debating traveling to which two states?
(a) Oregon or Seattle.
(b) North Carolina or South Carolina.
(c) Mississippi or Alabama.
(d) Louisianna or Texas.
5. How does Cooper die?
(a) A bear attack.
(b) He is hit by a water truck.
(c) Defending Peter.
(d) A hunter's rifle.
6. How does Peter feel at that start of Chapter 19?
(a) Sad and depressed.
(b) Scared and vulnerable.
(c) Angry and violent.
(d) Happy and upbeat.
7. By the end of Chapter 22, who does Peter realize he may be searching for?
(a) His family.
(c) His long lost sister.
(d) His wife.
8. Why does Peter decide to head to head to Tennessee?
(a) He misses a sense of family.
(b) He researches it on the internet.
(c) He is invited by a family friend.
(d) He hears it's warmer there.
9. Where have Peter and Cooper left at the start of Chapter 20?
(a) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
10. Where is Peter at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Johnson City.
(b) Shelby County.
(c) Albert City.
(d) Gloria County.
11. Why does Peter give the Oliver family a gift?
(a) Peter feels sorry for them.
(b) They have stood up for him.
(c) They have given him a gift.
(d) It's their anniversary.
12. Who does Peter forgive at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) The man who stole from him.
(b) The woman who kissed him.
(c) The drunk who threatened him.
(d) The girl that tripped him.
13. At the end of Chapter 25, Peter goes to a restaurant and meets a black man. Where did the black man send his children to school?
(a) His children did not go to school.
(b) His children went to public school.
(c) His children went to private school.
(d) His children went to school out of state.
14. As Peter is walking in Chapter 24, a pickup truck pulls over next to him. What does the driver of the truck yell at Peter?
(a) That the road is closed.
(b) That Peter is a drug-dealing Yankee and that he will kill Peter.
(c) That Peter should watch out for hunters.
(d) That Peter dropped his wallet.
15. In Chapter 17, why are the men at the mill mad at Peter?
(a) Peter sucks up to the boss.
(b) Peter has an affair with a mill worker's wife.
(c) Peter offends them.
(d) They think he is an informant.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 23, what does Peter decide to try and do?
2. Why does Peter not set up his tent in Chapter 24?
3. What does the Oliver family do to send Peter off in Chapter 18?
4. In Chapter 13, where does Peter meet the Oliver brothers?
5. In Chapter 25, what surprises Peter when he enters the diner?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)