|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Peter and Cooper at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) The woods.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The church.
(d) The police station.
2. What gift does Peter give the Oliver family at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Wood to build pig pens.
(b) Two cows.
(c) A hundred dollars.
(d) A new car.
3. By the end of Chapter 22, who does Peter realize he may be searching for?
(b) His long lost sister.
(c) His family.
(d) His wife.
4. At the end of Chapter 19, where is Peter headed?
(c) North Carolina.
(d) The Farm.
5. What does Peter want from Governor Wallace?
(a) An honest answer.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) A set of new clothes.
6. Where have Peter and Cooper left at the start of Chapter 20?
(a) North Carolina.
(d) South Carolina.
7. In Chapter 17, why are the men at the mill mad at Peter?
(a) Peter offends them.
(b) Peter sucks up to the boss.
(c) Peter has an affair with a mill worker's wife.
(d) They think he is an informant.
8. In Chapter 21, what does Cooper not like?
(a) The Farm.
(b) The taste of chicken.
(c) The woods.
9. Where is Peter at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Gloria County.
(b) Shelby County.
(c) Albert City.
(d) Johnson City.
10. What room does Peter stay in while at M.C.'s house?
(a) In the guest house.
(b) In the barn.
(c) In M.C.'s son's bedroom.
(d) In the tree house.
11. Why does Peter give the Oliver family a gift?
(a) They have given him a gift.
(b) They have stood up for him.
(c) Peter feels sorry for them.
(d) It's their anniversary.
12. Who attends the celebration at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) The president.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) Peter's family.
(d) Peter's roommate.
13. At the end of Chapter 22 when Peter leaves the Farm, how does Peter feel?
14. Why does Peter not set up his tent in Chapter 24?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He is lazy.
(c) He wants to experience the great outdoors.
(d) He is spooked.
15. At the start of Chapter 24, whom does Peter call?
(a) His attorney.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Oliver family do to send Peter off in Chapter 18?
2. What idea does M.C. put into Peter's head?
3. How does Cooper die?
4. In Chapter 26, what does M.C. pay Peter to do?
5. In Chapter 19, Peter decides to head to his next location, how does he hear of this place?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)