|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peter feel at that start of Chapter 19?
(a) Sad and depressed.
(b) Scared and vulnerable.
(c) Happy and upbeat.
(d) Angry and violent.
2. In Chapter 23, Peter is debating traveling to which two states?
(a) Mississippi or Alabama.
(b) Oregon or Seattle.
(c) North Carolina or South Carolina.
(d) Louisianna or Texas.
3. After the white church is destroyed, where do the white people go to pray?
(a) The school house.
(b) Their homes.
(c) The black church.
(d) Another town.
4. What does the Oliver family do to send Peter off in Chapter 18?
(a) They throw a feast.
(c) They pray for him.
(d) They build a pinata.
5. Where have Peter and Cooper left at the start of Chapter 20?
(a) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
6. At the end of Chapter 22 when Peter leaves the Farm, how does Peter feel?
7. How does Governor Wallace shock Peter?
(a) Governor Wallace is mean.
(b) Governor Wallace is friendly.
(c) Governor Wallace is racist.
(d) Governor Wallace has an adopted child.
8. Where does Peter meet. M.C.?
(a) In a country store while writing a postcard.
(b) In a bank while writing a check.
(c) In a store while buying clothes.
(d) In a restaurant while eating meatloaf.
9. How is Governor Wallace disabled?
(a) He is in a wheelchair.
(b) He has dyslexia
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is deaf.
10. Where are Peter and Cooper at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) The woods.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The church.
(d) The police station.
11. What idea does M.C. put into Peter's head?
(a) That Peter should quit his journey.
(b) That Peter should become a farmer.
(c) That Peter should become a vegetarian.
(d) That Peter needs to find a good southern woman.
12. In Chapter 25, what surprises Peter when he enters the diner?
(a) The diner is empty.
(b) Everyone is dressed in black tie.
(c) There is no one there.
(d) Blacks and whites are dining together.
13. At the end of Chapter 23, what does Peter decide to try and do?
(a) To meet the president.
(b) To meet Govenor Wallace.
(c) Call home.
(d) To try catfish.
14. Why does M.C. startle Peter?
(a) He is carrying a pistol.
(b) He sneaks up behind him and shouts, "Boo!"
(c) M.C. looks like Peter's father.
(d) M.C. is a beautiful woman.
15. At the end of Chapter 14 Peter receives his first pay check. How much is it?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what does M.C. pay Peter to do?
2. In Chapter 25, Governor Wallace makes Peter an offer. What is Peter's response to Governor Wallace's offer?
3. In Chapter 19, Peter decides to head to his next location, how does he hear of this place?
4. At the start of Chapter 24, whom does Peter call?
5. What is "butcher night" as referred to in Chapter 15?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)