|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, who does Peter discover lives in Murphy?
(a) His college roomate's sister.
(b) His great grandfather.
(c) Bootleggers and drug dealers.
(d) An old friend.
2. Where is Peter at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Johnson City.
(b) Shelby County.
(c) Albert City.
(d) Gloria County.
3. Why does Peter give the Oliver family a gift?
(a) Peter feels sorry for them.
(b) They have given him a gift.
(c) It's their anniversary.
(d) They have stood up for him.
4. What is Peter planning at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) His wedding.
(b) A surprise party for Stephen Gaskin.
(c) His departure from the Farm.
(d) A vacation.
5. In Chapter 24, a pickup truck pulls over to Peter. Who is driving the truck?
(a) A young woman.
(b) Peter's dad.
(c) A drunk man.
(d) An old man.
6. At the Farm Peter learns of Stephen Gaskin. Who is Stephen Gaskin?
(a) They mayor of Murphy.
(b) The leader of the commune.
(c) A man in a truck.
(d) A policeman.
7. At the end of Chapter 23, what does Peter decide to try and do?
(a) To try catfish.
(b) To meet Govenor Wallace.
(c) Call home.
(d) To meet the president.
8. How is Governor Wallace disabled?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is in a wheelchair.
(c) He has dyslexia
(d) He is blind.
9. What does the Oliver family do to send Peter off in Chapter 18?
(a) They pray for him.
(b) They throw a feast.
(c) They build a pinata.
10. What does Peter want from Governor Wallace?
(a) An honest answer.
(c) A place to stay.
(d) A set of new clothes.
11. In Chapter 18, how do the black church members help the white church members?
(a) They help rebuild the white church.
(b) They pray for them.
(c) They give them shelter.
(d) They give the white church members food.
12. What gift does Peter give the Oliver family at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Two cows.
(b) Wood to build pig pens.
(c) A hundred dollars.
(d) A new car.
13. Where does Peter bury Cooper?
(a) By the river.
(b) At the Farm.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the backyard.
14. By the end of Chapter 22, who does Peter realize he may be searching for?
(a) His wife.
(c) His family.
(d) His long lost sister.
15. What does Peter think about the people who follow Stephen Gaskin?
(a) They are brave.
(b) They are cowardly.
(c) They are foolish.
(d) They are wise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does M.C. startle Peter?
2. When Chapter 22 opens, where is Peter working?
3. In Chapter 13, what must Peter do in order to live with the Oliver family?
4. How do the bootleggers threaten the Oliver family in Chapter 15?
5. In Chapter 26, what does M.C. pay Peter to do?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)