|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Peter forgive at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) The girl that tripped him.
(b) The drunk who threatened him.
(c) The man who stole from him.
(d) The woman who kissed him.
2. In Chapter 17, why are the men at the mill mad at Peter?
(a) Peter offends them.
(b) Peter sucks up to the boss.
(c) They think he is an informant.
(d) Peter has an affair with a mill worker's wife.
3. Why do the bootleggers dislike Peter?
(a) He does not pay them for goods.
(b) They think he was the cause of the raid.
(c) He steals from them.
(d) He is telling lies about them.
4. How does Governor Wallace shock Peter?
(a) Governor Wallace is racist.
(b) Governor Wallace is mean.
(c) Governor Wallace has an adopted child.
(d) Governor Wallace is friendly.
5. At the end of Chapter 23, what does Peter decide to try and do?
(a) Call home.
(b) To try catfish.
(c) To meet the president.
(d) To meet Govenor Wallace.
6. How does Cooper die?
(a) A bear attack.
(b) A hunter's rifle.
(c) Defending Peter.
(d) He is hit by a water truck.
7. What does Peter think about the people who follow Stephen Gaskin?
(a) They are brave.
(b) They are wise.
(c) They are foolish.
(d) They are cowardly.
8. In Chapter 23, Peter is debating traveling to which two states?
(a) North Carolina or South Carolina.
(b) Mississippi or Alabama.
(c) Louisianna or Texas.
(d) Oregon or Seattle.
9. Why does Peter have the emotions he is feeling at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Because he is sad his friend died.
(b) Because he is enjoying his trip.
(c) Because he is alone after being around family.
(d) Because he is no longer poor.
10. Where does Peter bury Cooper?
(a) At the Farm.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) In the woods.
(d) By the river.
11. What offer does Governor Wallace make Peter?
(a) To stay at his home.
(b) To work for him in exchange for food.
(c) He offers financial assistance.
(d) Leave town or else.
12. In Chapter 13, what must Peter do in order to live with the Oliver family?
(a) Clean the chicken coops.
(b) Wash the dishes.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Find a job.
13. Where is Peter leaving at the start of Chapter 19?
(b) New York.
(c) His house.
14. Why does M.C. startle Peter?
(a) M.C. looks like Peter's father.
(b) M.C. is a beautiful woman.
(c) He sneaks up behind him and shouts, "Boo!"
(d) He is carrying a pistol.
15. At the Farm Peter learns of Stephen Gaskin. Who is Stephen Gaskin?
(a) A man in a truck.
(b) A policeman.
(c) The leader of the commune.
(d) They mayor of Murphy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, Peter decides to head to his next location, how does he hear of this place?
2. What does the Oliver family do to send Peter off in Chapter 18?
3. At the Farm Peter meets many people, why does Peter never meet Stephen Gaskin?
4. At the end of Chapter 22 when Peter leaves the Farm, how does Peter feel?
5. Where does Peter go to work while living in Murphy?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)