|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Peter at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Albert City.
(b) Gloria County.
(c) Johnson City.
(d) Shelby County.
2. Why does Peter decide to head to head to Tennessee?
(a) He researches it on the internet.
(b) He hears it's warmer there.
(c) He is invited by a family friend.
(d) He misses a sense of family.
3. At the end of Chapter 22 when Peter leaves the Farm, how does Peter feel?
4. In Chapter 13, where does Peter meet the Oliver brothers?
(a) At the local fishing hole.
(b) At a bank.
(c) At the general store.
(d) At a basketball game.
5. At the end of Chapter 25, Peter goes to a restaurant and meets a black man. Where did the black man send his children to school?
(a) His children did not go to school.
(b) His children went to public school.
(c) His children went to private school.
(d) His children went to school out of state.
6. What is Peter planning at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A surprise party for Stephen Gaskin.
(c) His wedding.
(d) His departure from the Farm.
7. Where are Peter and Cooper at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) The police station.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The woods.
(d) The church.
8. How do the guests at the celebration get along with each other?
(a) There was no celebration.
(b) Everyone gets along very well.
(c) They ignore one another.
(d) Everyone hates each other.
9. Where is Peter leaving at the start of Chapter 19?
(b) New York.
(d) His house.
10. How is Governor Wallace disabled?
(a) He is in a wheelchair.
(b) He has dyslexia
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is blind.
11. At the end of Chapter 19, where is Peter headed?
(c) North Carolina.
(d) The Farm.
12. In Chapter 25, what surprises Peter when he enters the diner?
(a) The diner is empty.
(b) Blacks and whites are dining together.
(c) There is no one there.
(d) Everyone is dressed in black tie.
13. What offer does Governor Wallace make Peter?
(a) To work for him in exchange for food.
(b) Leave town or else.
(c) He offers financial assistance.
(d) To stay at his home.
14. As Peter is walking in Chapter 24, a pickup truck pulls over next to him. What does the driver of the truck yell at Peter?
(a) That Peter is a drug-dealing Yankee and that he will kill Peter.
(b) That Peter dropped his wallet.
(c) That Peter should watch out for hunters.
(d) That the road is closed.
15. Who attends the celebration at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) The president.
(b) Peter's roommate.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) Peter's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter realize at the end of Chapter 20?
2. Where have Peter and Cooper left at the start of Chapter 20?
3. How does Cooper die?
4. In Chapter 19, Peter decides to head to his next location, how does he hear of this place?
5. How does Peter feel when he leaves M.C's place?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)