|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, Peter decides to head to his next location, how does he hear of this place?
(a) An ad in the paper.
(b) A phone call.
(c) An email.
(d) Through people he encounters on his trip.
2. As Peter is walking in Chapter 24, a pickup truck pulls over next to him. What does the driver of the truck yell at Peter?
(a) That Peter is a drug-dealing Yankee and that he will kill Peter.
(b) That Peter dropped his wallet.
(c) That the road is closed.
(d) That Peter should watch out for hunters.
3. Why does Peter give the Oliver family a gift?
(a) They have stood up for him.
(b) Peter feels sorry for them.
(c) It's their anniversary.
(d) They have given him a gift.
4. By the end of Chapter 22, who does Peter realize he may be searching for?
(a) His wife.
(b) His family.
(c) His long lost sister.
5. In Chapter 13, what must Peter do in order to live with the Oliver family?
(a) Clean the chicken coops.
(b) Find a job.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Wash the dishes.
6. How is Governor Wallace disabled?
(a) He is in a wheelchair.
(b) He has dyslexia
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is deaf.
7. At the end of Chapter 23, what does Peter decide to try and do?
(a) To meet the president.
(b) Call home.
(c) To try catfish.
(d) To meet Govenor Wallace.
8. Where are Peter and Cooper at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) The woods.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The police station.
(d) The church.
9. How do the guests at the celebration get along with each other?
(a) They ignore one another.
(b) Everyone gets along very well.
(c) There was no celebration.
(d) Everyone hates each other.
10. At the end of Chapter 25, Peter goes to a restaurant and meets a black man. Where did the black man send his children to school?
(a) His children went to private school.
(b) His children went to school out of state.
(c) His children went to public school.
(d) His children did not go to school.
11. What does Peter think about the people who follow Stephen Gaskin?
(a) They are foolish.
(b) They are brave.
(c) They are cowardly.
(d) They are wise.
12. What does Governor Wallace tell Peter before he leaves?
(a) To watch his back.
(b) To never return.
(c) To be careful.
(d) That he will have state troopers watch out for him.
13. At the Farm Peter learns of Stephen Gaskin. Who is Stephen Gaskin?
(a) A man in a truck.
(b) The leader of the commune.
(c) A policeman.
(d) They mayor of Murphy.
14. Where does Peter meet. M.C.?
(a) In a bank while writing a check.
(b) In a country store while writing a postcard.
(c) In a store while buying clothes.
(d) In a restaurant while eating meatloaf.
15. Where is Peter at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) In jail.
(b) At the veneer mill.
(c) At home.
(d) At the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Governor Wallace shock Peter?
2. What does the Oliver family do to send Peter off in Chapter 18?
3. What idea does M.C. put into Peter's head?
4. Why does Peter not set up his tent in Chapter 24?
5. In Chapter 17, why are the men at the mill mad at Peter?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)