|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 25, Governor Wallace makes Peter an offer. What is Peter's response to Governor Wallace's offer?
(a) He makes a counter offer.
(b) He accepts.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He declines.
2. How long after Cooper dies does Peter leave the Farm?
(a) Nine days.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) One day.
3. In Chapter 26, Who is Miss Margaret?
(a) An actress.
(b) The store clerk.
(c) M.C.'s wife.
(d) A teacher.
4. In Chapter 13, where does Peter meet the Oliver brothers?
(a) At the general store.
(b) At a bank.
(c) At a basketball game.
(d) At the local fishing hole.
5. At the end of Chapter 19, where is Peter headed?
(a) The Farm.
(c) North Carolina.
6. In Chapter 16, what does the oldest Oliver son tell the bootleggers?
(a) If they lay a hand on Peter or Cooper the Oliver family will be ready.
(b) Where Peter is staying.
(c) That Peter is a rat.
(d) That he would like some alcohol.
7. Where does Peter bury Cooper?
(a) By the river.
(b) At the Farm.
(c) In the backyard.
(d) In the woods.
8. In Chapter 14, who is Preacher?
(a) An altar boy.
(b) A priest.
(c) A man who gives Peter rides to work.
(d) One of the Oliver family.
9. In Chapter 15, who does Peter discover lives in Murphy?
(a) An old friend.
(b) Bootleggers and drug dealers.
(c) His great grandfather.
(d) His college roomate's sister.
10. Who does Peter forgive at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) The man who stole from him.
(b) The drunk who threatened him.
(c) The girl that tripped him.
(d) The woman who kissed him.
11. At the end of Chapter 22 when Peter leaves the Farm, how does Peter feel?
12. What are Cooper and Peter doing at the start of Chapter 21?
(a) Playing in the woods.
(b) Taking a nap.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Taking a jog.
13. Where is Peter leaving at the start of Chapter 19?
(b) New York.
(d) His house.
14. At the end of Chapter 14 Peter receives his first pay check. How much is it?
15. What is "butcher night" as referred to in Chapter 15?
(a) The night the butcher's party in the town.
(b) A full moon.
(c) The annual cow slaughter.
(d) Saturday night.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cooper die?
2. What gift does Peter give the Oliver family at the end of Chapter 17?
3. How is Governor Wallace disabled?
4. Why does Peter have the emotions he is feeling at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. What code does Peter use to describe Alabama?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)