|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what does the vet tell Peter about Cooper?
(a) That there is a chance Cooper might live.
(b) Cooper is dead.
(c) That Cooper is sleeping.
(d) That Cooper is stunned.
2. Why do the bootleggers dislike Peter?
(a) He steals from them.
(b) He does not pay them for goods.
(c) He is telling lies about them.
(d) They think he was the cause of the raid.
3. At the end of Chapter 22 when Peter leaves the Farm, how does Peter feel?
4. How does Peter feel about America at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Peter is indifferent.
(b) Peter still hates America.
(c) Peter wants to move to Canada.
(d) Peter is begining to love America.
5. Where is Peter at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) In jail.
(c) At home.
(d) At the veneer mill.
6. Who attends the celebration at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) The president.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) Peter's roommate.
(d) Peter's family.
7. What natural disaster strikes Murphy in Chapter 18?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) A tornado.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A hurricane.
8. Where are Peter and Cooper at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) The police station.
(b) The church.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The woods.
9. At the start of Chapter 24, whom does Peter call?
(a) His attorney.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
10. Where does Peter bury Cooper?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) At the Farm.
(c) In the woods.
(d) By the river.
11. Who does Peter forgive at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) The man who stole from him.
(b) The drunk who threatened him.
(c) The woman who kissed him.
(d) The girl that tripped him.
12. In Chapter 15, who is Annie?
(a) Peter's girlfriend.
(b) The farm cat.
(c) Preacher's wife.
(d) A mill worker.
13. How long after Cooper dies does Peter leave the Farm?
(a) A month.
(b) One day.
(c) Nine days.
(d) A week.
14. In Chapter 13, where does Peter meet the Oliver brothers?
(a) At a basketball game.
(b) At the local fishing hole.
(c) At the general store.
(d) At a bank.
15. In Chapter 20, what is the Farm?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A farm.
(c) A commune.
(d) A church.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Peter is walking in Chapter 24, a pickup truck pulls over next to him. What does the driver of the truck yell at Peter?
2. How is Governor Wallace disabled?
3. In Chapter 25, Governor Wallace makes Peter an offer. What is Peter's response to Governor Wallace's offer?
4. Where does Peter go to work while living in Murphy?
5. Where is Peter at the beginning of Chapter 24?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)