|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 23, what does Peter decide to try and do?
(a) To try catfish.
(b) Call home.
(c) To meet the president.
(d) To meet Govenor Wallace.
2. What idea does M.C. put into Peter's head?
(a) That Peter should quit his journey.
(b) That Peter should become a vegetarian.
(c) That Peter needs to find a good southern woman.
(d) That Peter should become a farmer.
3. What natural disaster strikes Murphy in Chapter 18?
(a) A blizzard.
(b) A tornado.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A hurricane.
4. In Chapter 13, where does Peter meet the Oliver brothers?
(a) At the local fishing hole.
(b) At a bank.
(c) At a basketball game.
(d) At the general store.
5. In Chapter 16, what does the oldest Oliver son tell the bootleggers?
(a) That Peter is a rat.
(b) Where Peter is staying.
(c) That he would like some alcohol.
(d) If they lay a hand on Peter or Cooper the Oliver family will be ready.
6. How long after Cooper dies does Peter leave the Farm?
(a) Nine days.
(b) A week.
(c) One day.
(d) A month.
7. Where is Peter at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Gloria County.
(b) Shelby County.
(c) Johnson City.
(d) Albert City.
8. In Chapter 15, who does Peter discover lives in Murphy?
(a) An old friend.
(b) His great grandfather.
(c) Bootleggers and drug dealers.
(d) His college roomate's sister.
9. In Chapter 26, Who is Miss Margaret?
(a) An actress.
(b) M.C.'s wife.
(c) The store clerk.
(d) A teacher.
10. How do people treat Peter and Cooper at the Farm?
(a) They welcome him.
(b) They fear him.
(c) They laugh at him.
(d) They despise him.
11. At the Farm Peter learns of Stephen Gaskin. Who is Stephen Gaskin?
(a) They mayor of Murphy.
(b) The leader of the commune.
(c) A man in a truck.
(d) A policeman.
12. What is Peter planning at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) A vacation.
(b) His departure from the Farm.
(c) A surprise party for Stephen Gaskin.
(d) His wedding.
13. At the start of Chapter 24, whom does Peter call?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His attorney.
14. What does Peter think about the people who follow Stephen Gaskin?
(a) They are foolish.
(b) They are wise.
(c) They are cowardly.
(d) They are brave.
15. What room does Peter stay in while at M.C.'s house?
(a) In the guest house.
(b) In M.C.'s son's bedroom.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In the tree house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attends the celebration at the end of Chapter 18?
2. What does Peter realize at the end of Chapter 20?
3. Where does Peter meet. M.C.?
4. After the white church is destroyed, where do the white people go to pray?
5. Who does Peter forgive at the end of Chapter 24?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)