|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does M.C. startle Peter?
(a) M.C. looks like Peter's father.
(b) He is carrying a pistol.
(c) He sneaks up behind him and shouts, "Boo!"
(d) M.C. is a beautiful woman.
2. By the end of Chapter 22, who does Peter realize he may be searching for?
(a) His wife.
(b) His family.
(c) His long lost sister.
3. How do people treat Peter and Cooper at the Farm?
(a) They fear him.
(b) They welcome him.
(c) They despise him.
(d) They laugh at him.
4. In Chapter 14, who is Preacher?
(a) A priest.
(b) An altar boy.
(c) One of the Oliver family.
(d) A man who gives Peter rides to work.
5. How do the bootleggers threaten the Oliver family in Chapter 15?
(a) They tell Mr. Oliver if he doesn't ask Peter to leave, they will kill Peter and Cooper.
(b) They will murder the Oliver family.
(c) They threaten to turn the Oliver family into the police.
(d) They will burn the Oliver home down.
6. At the start of Chapter 24, whom does Peter call?
(a) His attorney.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
7. In Chapter 13, what must Peter do in order to live with the Oliver family?
(a) Find a job.
(b) Clean the chicken coops.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Wash the dishes.
8. In Chapter 26, what does M.C. pay Peter to do?
(a) Mow his lawn.
(b) Clean his gutters.
(c) Work in his store.
(d) Work on his farm.
9. What does Governor Wallace tell Peter before he leaves?
(a) To watch his back.
(b) To never return.
(c) That he will have state troopers watch out for him.
(d) To be careful.
10. How does Governor Wallace shock Peter?
(a) Governor Wallace has an adopted child.
(b) Governor Wallace is friendly.
(c) Governor Wallace is racist.
(d) Governor Wallace is mean.
11. In Chapter 22, what does the vet tell Peter about Cooper?
(a) That Cooper is sleeping.
(b) That Cooper is stunned.
(c) That there is a chance Cooper might live.
(d) Cooper is dead.
12. How does Cooper die?
(a) A hunter's rifle.
(b) A bear attack.
(c) He is hit by a water truck.
(d) Defending Peter.
13. What does Peter want from Governor Wallace?
(b) An honest answer.
(c) A set of new clothes.
(d) A place to stay.
14. How does Peter feel at that start of Chapter 19?
(a) Happy and upbeat.
(b) Angry and violent.
(c) Sad and depressed.
(d) Scared and vulnerable.
15. When Mary Oliver receives word of the threat, what does she tell her sons to do?
(a) Do not talk to Peter.
(b) Run away.
(c) Hide in the basement.
(d) Gather all of the guns in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Peter at the beginning of Chapter 24?
2. Who does Peter forgive at the end of Chapter 24?
3. At the end of Chapter 23, what does Peter decide to try and do?
4. Why does Peter decide to head to head to Tennessee?
5. Where is Peter leaving at the start of Chapter 19?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)