|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does M.C. startle Peter?
(a) M.C. looks like Peter's father.
(b) M.C. is a beautiful woman.
(c) He sneaks up behind him and shouts, "Boo!"
(d) He is carrying a pistol.
2. At the Farm Peter meets many people, why does Peter never meet Stephen Gaskin?
(a) Peter has no time to meet Stephen.
(b) Stephen does not want to meet Peter.
(c) Stephen is in jail.
(d) No one can meet Stephen.
3. What does Peter realize at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) That he is happy.
(b) That he doesn't want to be one of Stephen's captives.
(c) That he wants to live at the Farm.
(d) That he is out of money.
4. How does Cooper die?
(a) A hunter's rifle.
(b) He is hit by a water truck.
(c) Defending Peter.
(d) A bear attack.
5. Where is Peter leaving at the start of Chapter 19?
(a) New York.
(d) His house.
6. What does Peter want from Governor Wallace?
(a) An honest answer.
(b) A set of new clothes.
(d) A place to stay.
7. In Chapter 15, who is Annie?
(a) Peter's girlfriend.
(b) Preacher's wife.
(c) The farm cat.
(d) A mill worker.
8. Where are Peter and Cooper at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) The woods.
(b) The church.
(c) The police station.
(d) The hospital.
9. What natural disaster strikes Murphy in Chapter 18?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) A blizzard.
(c) A tornado.
(d) An earthquake.
10. What offer does Governor Wallace make Peter?
(a) Leave town or else.
(b) To stay at his home.
(c) He offers financial assistance.
(d) To work for him in exchange for food.
11. How does Peter feel when he leaves M.C's place?
(a) He loves Alabama.
(b) He detests Alabama.
(c) As fondly of M.C. as he does Homer and the Oliver family.
(d) He detests M.C. as much as he does the racists he encounters.
12. What is Peter planning at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) A surprise party for Stephen Gaskin.
(b) His wedding.
(c) His departure from the Farm.
(d) A vacation.
13. What gift does Peter give the Oliver family at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Wood to build pig pens.
(b) A hundred dollars.
(c) Two cows.
(d) A new car.
14. Who does Peter forgive at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) The man who stole from him.
(b) The drunk who threatened him.
(c) The woman who kissed him.
(d) The girl that tripped him.
15. At the Farm Peter learns of Stephen Gaskin. Who is Stephen Gaskin?
(a) The leader of the commune.
(b) A policeman.
(c) They mayor of Murphy.
(d) A man in a truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of Chapter 22, who does Peter realize he may be searching for?
2. Why does Peter decide to head to head to Tennessee?
3. In Chapter 26, what does M.C. pay Peter to do?
4. How does Peter feel at that start of Chapter 19?
5. In Chapter 25, what surprises Peter when he enters the diner?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)