|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Peter leaving at the start of Chapter 19?
(a) New York.
(c) His house.
2. What does Peter think about the people who follow Stephen Gaskin?
(a) They are wise.
(b) They are foolish.
(c) They are brave.
(d) They are cowardly.
3. After the white church is destroyed, where do the white people go to pray?
(a) The school house.
(b) The black church.
(c) Another town.
(d) Their homes.
4. At the end of Chapter 25, Peter goes to a restaurant and meets a black man. Where did the black man send his children to school?
(a) His children went to public school.
(b) His children went to private school.
(c) His children did not go to school.
(d) His children went to school out of state.
5. At the end of Chapter 23, what does Peter decide to try and do?
(a) To try catfish.
(b) Call home.
(c) To meet Govenor Wallace.
(d) To meet the president.
6. Where does Peter meet. M.C.?
(a) In a store while buying clothes.
(b) In a restaurant while eating meatloaf.
(c) In a bank while writing a check.
(d) In a country store while writing a postcard.
7. How does Peter feel about America at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Peter is begining to love America.
(b) Peter is indifferent.
(c) Peter wants to move to Canada.
(d) Peter still hates America.
8. At the Farm Peter learns of Stephen Gaskin. Who is Stephen Gaskin?
(a) A policeman.
(b) They mayor of Murphy.
(c) The leader of the commune.
(d) A man in a truck.
9. In Chapter 25, what surprises Peter when he enters the diner?
(a) Everyone is dressed in black tie.
(b) The diner is empty.
(c) There is no one there.
(d) Blacks and whites are dining together.
10. In Chapter 19, Peter decides to head to his next location, how does he hear of this place?
(a) An ad in the paper.
(b) A phone call.
(c) An email.
(d) Through people he encounters on his trip.
11. Where does Peter go to work while living in Murphy?
(a) The post office.
(b) The veneer mill.
(c) A pastry shop.
(d) A grocery store.
12. Where is Peter at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Shelby County.
(b) Johnson City.
(c) Albert City.
(d) Gloria County.
13. In Chapter 19, Peter plans to travel to a location in Tennessee. How is this location described?
(a) A fun-loving state.
(b) A wintry mountain.
(c) A two-thousand-acre farm.
(d) A dry, desolate wasteland.
14. In Chapter 13, what must Peter do in order to live with the Oliver family?
(a) Clean the chicken coops.
(b) Wash the dishes.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Find a job.
15. How do the guests at the celebration get along with each other?
(a) There was no celebration.
(b) Everyone gets along very well.
(c) They ignore one another.
(d) Everyone hates each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What code does Peter use to describe Alabama?
2. In Chapter 16, what does the oldest Oliver son tell the bootleggers?
3. Where does Peter bury Cooper?
4. At the end of Chapter 22 when Peter leaves the Farm, how does Peter feel?
5. In Chapter 17, why are the men at the mill mad at Peter?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)