|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 23, what does Peter decide to try and do?
(a) To meet the president.
(b) Call home.
(c) To meet Govenor Wallace.
(d) To try catfish.
2. How does Peter feel when he leaves M.C's place?
(a) As fondly of M.C. as he does Homer and the Oliver family.
(b) He detests M.C. as much as he does the racists he encounters.
(c) He detests Alabama.
(d) He loves Alabama.
3. In Chapter 18, how do the black church members help the white church members?
(a) They pray for them.
(b) They give the white church members food.
(c) They give them shelter.
(d) They help rebuild the white church.
4. In Chapter 22, what does the vet tell Peter about Cooper?
(a) Cooper is dead.
(b) That there is a chance Cooper might live.
(c) That Cooper is stunned.
(d) That Cooper is sleeping.
5. Why does Peter give the Oliver family a gift?
(a) They have stood up for him.
(b) It's their anniversary.
(c) Peter feels sorry for them.
(d) They have given him a gift.
6. What offer does Governor Wallace make Peter?
(a) He offers financial assistance.
(b) To stay at his home.
(c) To work for him in exchange for food.
(d) Leave town or else.
7. In Chapter 20, what is the Farm?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A commune.
(c) A church.
(d) A farm.
8. What does the Oliver family do to send Peter off in Chapter 18?
(b) They build a pinata.
(c) They throw a feast.
(d) They pray for him.
9. In Chapter 26, Who is Miss Margaret?
(a) An actress.
(b) A teacher.
(c) The store clerk.
(d) M.C.'s wife.
10. Why does Peter not set up his tent in Chapter 24?
(a) He is spooked.
(b) He wants to experience the great outdoors.
(c) He is lazy.
(d) He is tired.
11. How does Governor Wallace shock Peter?
(a) Governor Wallace is racist.
(b) Governor Wallace is friendly.
(c) Governor Wallace is mean.
(d) Governor Wallace has an adopted child.
12. At the end of Chapter 19, where is Peter headed?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) The Farm.
13. What is "butcher night" as referred to in Chapter 15?
(a) A full moon.
(b) Saturday night.
(c) The annual cow slaughter.
(d) The night the butcher's party in the town.
14. At the Farm Peter meets many people, why does Peter never meet Stephen Gaskin?
(a) No one can meet Stephen.
(b) Peter has no time to meet Stephen.
(c) Stephen does not want to meet Peter.
(d) Stephen is in jail.
15. At the end of Chapter 22 when Peter leaves the Farm, how does Peter feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mary Oliver receives word of the threat, what does she tell her sons to do?
2. Why does Peter have the emotions he is feeling at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. What natural disaster strikes Murphy in Chapter 18?
4. In Chapter 15, who is Annie?
5. What does Governor Wallace tell Peter before he leaves?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)