|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Cooper dies does Peter leave the Farm?
(a) A week.
(b) Nine days.
(c) A month.
(d) One day.
2. At the end of Chapter 14 Peter receives his first pay check. How much is it?
3. In Chapter 22, what does the vet tell Peter about Cooper?
(a) That Cooper is stunned.
(b) That Cooper is sleeping.
(c) That there is a chance Cooper might live.
(d) Cooper is dead.
4. Who does Peter forgive at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) The girl that tripped him.
(b) The drunk who threatened him.
(c) The woman who kissed him.
(d) The man who stole from him.
5. Why do the bootleggers dislike Peter?
(a) He steals from them.
(b) He does not pay them for goods.
(c) He is telling lies about them.
(d) They think he was the cause of the raid.
6. How does Peter feel at that start of Chapter 19?
(a) Happy and upbeat.
(b) Scared and vulnerable.
(c) Sad and depressed.
(d) Angry and violent.
7. By the end of Chapter 22, who does Peter realize he may be searching for?
(a) His long lost sister.
(c) His wife.
(d) His family.
8. What does Peter think about the people who follow Stephen Gaskin?
(a) They are foolish.
(b) They are wise.
(c) They are cowardly.
(d) They are brave.
9. In Chapter 13, what must Peter do in order to live with the Oliver family?
(a) Wash the dishes.
(b) Clean the chicken coops.
(c) Find a job.
(d) Go to church.
10. As Peter is walking in Chapter 24, a pickup truck pulls over next to him. What does the driver of the truck yell at Peter?
(a) That Peter dropped his wallet.
(b) That Peter should watch out for hunters.
(c) That Peter is a drug-dealing Yankee and that he will kill Peter.
(d) That the road is closed.
11. What does the Oliver family do to send Peter off in Chapter 18?
(a) They throw a feast.
(c) They build a pinata.
(d) They pray for him.
12. Where is Peter at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) In jail.
(b) At the veneer mill.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) At home.
13. In Chapter 16, what does the oldest Oliver son tell the bootleggers?
(a) Where Peter is staying.
(b) That Peter is a rat.
(c) If they lay a hand on Peter or Cooper the Oliver family will be ready.
(d) That he would like some alcohol.
14. How is Governor Wallace disabled?
(a) He has dyslexia
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is in a wheelchair.
(d) He is deaf.
15. At the end of Chapter 23, what does Peter decide to try and do?
(a) To try catfish.
(b) To meet Govenor Wallace.
(c) Call home.
(d) To meet the president.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, a pickup truck pulls over to Peter. Who is driving the truck?
2. Where does Peter go to work while living in Murphy?
3. Why does Peter decide to head to head to Tennessee?
4. In Chapter 14, who is Preacher?
5. What room does Peter stay in while at M.C.'s house?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)