|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, where does Peter meet the Oliver brothers?
(a) At a basketball game.
(b) At the general store.
(c) At the local fishing hole.
(d) At a bank.
2. At the end of Chapter 19, where is Peter headed?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) The Farm.
3. In Chapter 26, what does M.C. pay Peter to do?
(a) Clean his gutters.
(b) Mow his lawn.
(c) Work in his store.
(d) Work on his farm.
4. Where have Peter and Cooper left at the start of Chapter 20?
(b) North Carolina.
(d) South Carolina.
5. How does Governor Wallace shock Peter?
(a) Governor Wallace is mean.
(b) Governor Wallace is friendly.
(c) Governor Wallace has an adopted child.
(d) Governor Wallace is racist.
6. In Chapter 25, what surprises Peter when he enters the diner?
(a) The diner is empty.
(b) Everyone is dressed in black tie.
(c) Blacks and whites are dining together.
(d) There is no one there.
7. What does the Oliver family do to send Peter off in Chapter 18?
(a) They throw a feast.
(c) They pray for him.
(d) They build a pinata.
8. When Mary Oliver receives word of the threat, what does she tell her sons to do?
(a) Gather all of the guns in the house.
(b) Hide in the basement.
(c) Run away.
(d) Do not talk to Peter.
9. Where is Peter at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) At the veneer mill.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) At home.
(d) In jail.
10. How does Cooper die?
(a) A bear attack.
(b) Defending Peter.
(c) He is hit by a water truck.
(d) A hunter's rifle.
11. In Chapter 19, Peter decides to head to his next location, how does he hear of this place?
(a) Through people he encounters on his trip.
(b) A phone call.
(c) An email.
(d) An ad in the paper.
12. How long after Cooper dies does Peter leave the Farm?
(a) One day.
(b) Nine days.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
13. In Chapter 22, what does the vet tell Peter about Cooper?
(a) Cooper is dead.
(b) That Cooper is stunned.
(c) That Cooper is sleeping.
(d) That there is a chance Cooper might live.
14. What room does Peter stay in while at M.C.'s house?
(a) In M.C.'s son's bedroom.
(b) In the guest house.
(c) In the tree house.
(d) In the barn.
15. Where is Peter at the beginning of Chapter 24?
(a) Gloria County.
(b) Albert City.
(c) Shelby County.
(d) Johnson City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter realize at the end of Chapter 20?
2. How does Peter feel when he leaves M.C's place?
3. Where does Peter go to work while living in Murphy?
4. In Chapter 20, what is the Farm?
5. In Chapter 26, Who is Miss Margaret?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)