|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peter feel at that start of Chapter 19?
(a) Angry and violent.
(b) Scared and vulnerable.
(c) Sad and depressed.
(d) Happy and upbeat.
2. What are Cooper and Peter doing at the start of Chapter 21?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Playing in the woods.
(c) Taking a jog.
(d) Taking a nap.
3. In Chapter 13, what must Peter do in order to live with the Oliver family?
(a) Go to church.
(b) Clean the chicken coops.
(c) Find a job.
(d) Wash the dishes.
4. At the end of Chapter 22 when Peter leaves the Farm, how does Peter feel?
5. In Chapter 16, what does the oldest Oliver son tell the bootleggers?
(a) Where Peter is staying.
(b) That Peter is a rat.
(c) That he would like some alcohol.
(d) If they lay a hand on Peter or Cooper the Oliver family will be ready.
6. Why does Peter have the emotions he is feeling at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Because he is sad his friend died.
(b) Because he is alone after being around family.
(c) Because he is no longer poor.
(d) Because he is enjoying his trip.
7. How does Governor Wallace shock Peter?
(a) Governor Wallace has an adopted child.
(b) Governor Wallace is friendly.
(c) Governor Wallace is racist.
(d) Governor Wallace is mean.
8. When Chapter 22 opens, where is Peter working?
(a) At a mill.
(b) At a McDonalds.
(c) In a grocery store.
(d) At the Farm.
9. Where is Peter at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) At home.
(b) At the veneer mill.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) In jail.
10. In Chapter 14, who is Preacher?
(a) An altar boy.
(b) A priest.
(c) One of the Oliver family.
(d) A man who gives Peter rides to work.
11. In Chapter 17, why are the men at the mill mad at Peter?
(a) They think he is an informant.
(b) Peter has an affair with a mill worker's wife.
(c) Peter offends them.
(d) Peter sucks up to the boss.
12. Why does M.C. startle Peter?
(a) He sneaks up behind him and shouts, "Boo!"
(b) M.C. looks like Peter's father.
(c) M.C. is a beautiful woman.
(d) He is carrying a pistol.
13. At the end of Chapter 25, Peter goes to a restaurant and meets a black man. Where did the black man send his children to school?
(a) His children went to public school.
(b) His children went to school out of state.
(c) His children went to private school.
(d) His children did not go to school.
14. Where is Peter leaving at the start of Chapter 19?
(a) His house.
(d) New York.
15. At the end of Chapter 19, where is Peter headed?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) The Farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer does Governor Wallace make Peter?
2. Where does Peter bury Cooper?
3. Where does Peter go to work while living in Murphy?
4. Who does Peter forgive at the end of Chapter 24?
5. In Chapter 20, what is the Farm?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)