|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 24, whom does Peter call?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His attorney.
(d) His mother.
2. In Chapter 25, Governor Wallace makes Peter an offer. What is Peter's response to Governor Wallace's offer?
(a) He makes a counter offer.
(b) He declines.
(c) He accepts.
(d) He laughs.
3. Why does Peter give the Oliver family a gift?
(a) They have stood up for him.
(b) It's their anniversary.
(c) Peter feels sorry for them.
(d) They have given him a gift.
4. What gift does Peter give the Oliver family at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Two cows.
(b) A new car.
(c) Wood to build pig pens.
(d) A hundred dollars.
5. In Chapter 18, how do the black church members help the white church members?
(a) They pray for them.
(b) They give the white church members food.
(c) They give them shelter.
(d) They help rebuild the white church.
6. In Chapter 26, what does M.C. pay Peter to do?
(a) Mow his lawn.
(b) Clean his gutters.
(c) Work on his farm.
(d) Work in his store.
7. Why does M.C. startle Peter?
(a) M.C. looks like Peter's father.
(b) He is carrying a pistol.
(c) M.C. is a beautiful woman.
(d) He sneaks up behind him and shouts, "Boo!"
8. At the end of Chapter 22 when Peter leaves the Farm, how does Peter feel?
9. How long after Cooper dies does Peter leave the Farm?
(a) A week.
(b) Nine days.
(c) One day.
(d) A month.
10. In Chapter 21, what does Cooper not like?
(a) The Farm.
(c) The taste of chicken.
(d) The woods.
11. Why do the bootleggers dislike Peter?
(a) He does not pay them for goods.
(b) He is telling lies about them.
(c) They think he was the cause of the raid.
(d) He steals from them.
12. Why does Peter decide to head to head to Tennessee?
(a) He is invited by a family friend.
(b) He hears it's warmer there.
(c) He researches it on the internet.
(d) He misses a sense of family.
13. What does Governor Wallace tell Peter before he leaves?
(a) To watch his back.
(b) That he will have state troopers watch out for him.
(c) To be careful.
(d) To never return.
14. What room does Peter stay in while at M.C.'s house?
(a) In the guest house.
(b) In the tree house.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In M.C.'s son's bedroom.
15. Why does Peter have the emotions he is feeling at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Because he is sad his friend died.
(b) Because he is alone after being around family.
(c) Because he is no longer poor.
(d) Because he is enjoying his trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Peter and Cooper at the beginning of Chapter 18?
2. After the white church is destroyed, where do the white people go to pray?
3. Where does Peter meet. M.C.?
4. In Chapter 19, Peter decides to head to his next location, how does he hear of this place?
5. Where have Peter and Cooper left at the start of Chapter 20?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)