|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Peter feel about America at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) Peter wants to move to Canada.
(b) Peter still hates America.
(c) Peter is begining to love America.
(d) Peter is indifferent.
2. In Chapter 25, what surprises Peter when he enters the diner?
(a) The diner is empty.
(b) Everyone is dressed in black tie.
(c) Blacks and whites are dining together.
(d) There is no one there.
3. Who does Peter forgive at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) The man who stole from him.
(b) The girl that tripped him.
(c) The drunk who threatened him.
(d) The woman who kissed him.
4. In Chapter 17, why are the men at the mill mad at Peter?
(a) Peter sucks up to the boss.
(b) Peter has an affair with a mill worker's wife.
(c) They think he is an informant.
(d) Peter offends them.
5. When Chapter 22 opens, where is Peter working?
(a) At the Farm.
(b) At a McDonalds.
(c) At a mill.
(d) In a grocery store.
6. At the Farm Peter learns of Stephen Gaskin. Who is Stephen Gaskin?
(a) The leader of the commune.
(b) A man in a truck.
(c) A policeman.
(d) They mayor of Murphy.
7. How long after Cooper dies does Peter leave the Farm?
(a) One day.
(b) Nine days.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
8. How do people treat Peter and Cooper at the Farm?
(a) They despise him.
(b) They fear him.
(c) They welcome him.
(d) They laugh at him.
9. At the end of Chapter 19, where is Peter headed?
(a) The Farm.
(c) North Carolina.
10. Why does Peter have the emotions he is feeling at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Because he is no longer poor.
(b) Because he is enjoying his trip.
(c) Because he is alone after being around family.
(d) Because he is sad his friend died.
11. How do the bootleggers threaten the Oliver family in Chapter 15?
(a) They threaten to turn the Oliver family into the police.
(b) They will murder the Oliver family.
(c) They tell Mr. Oliver if he doesn't ask Peter to leave, they will kill Peter and Cooper.
(d) They will burn the Oliver home down.
12. What does Peter think about the people who follow Stephen Gaskin?
(a) They are foolish.
(b) They are brave.
(c) They are cowardly.
(d) They are wise.
13. Where are Peter and Cooper at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) The woods.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The church.
(d) The police station.
14. Why does Peter not set up his tent in Chapter 24?
(a) He is spooked.
(b) He is tired.
(c) He wants to experience the great outdoors.
(d) He is lazy.
15. After the white church is destroyed, where do the white people go to pray?
(a) Another town.
(b) Their homes.
(c) The school house.
(d) The black church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, Peter decides to head to his next location, how does he hear of this place?
2. What offer does Governor Wallace make Peter?
3. What does Governor Wallace tell Peter before he leaves?
4. In Chapter 23, Peter is debating traveling to which two states?
5. How do the guests at the celebration get along with each other?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)