|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peter decide to head to head to Tennessee?
(a) He researches it on the internet.
(b) He is invited by a family friend.
(c) He hears it's warmer there.
(d) He misses a sense of family.
2. How is Governor Wallace disabled?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is in a wheelchair.
(d) He has dyslexia
3. Why does Peter give the Oliver family a gift?
(a) They have given him a gift.
(b) They have stood up for him.
(c) Peter feels sorry for them.
(d) It's their anniversary.
4. In Chapter 14, who is Preacher?
(a) One of the Oliver family.
(b) An altar boy.
(c) A man who gives Peter rides to work.
(d) A priest.
5. What does Peter want from Governor Wallace?
(a) An honest answer.
(c) A set of new clothes.
(d) A place to stay.
6. In Chapter 17, why are the men at the mill mad at Peter?
(a) Peter offends them.
(b) Peter sucks up to the boss.
(c) They think he is an informant.
(d) Peter has an affair with a mill worker's wife.
7. How long after Cooper dies does Peter leave the Farm?
(a) Nine days.
(b) A week.
(c) One day.
(d) A month.
8. How does Governor Wallace shock Peter?
(a) Governor Wallace is mean.
(b) Governor Wallace is racist.
(c) Governor Wallace is friendly.
(d) Governor Wallace has an adopted child.
9. What gift does Peter give the Oliver family at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) A hundred dollars.
(b) Wood to build pig pens.
(c) A new car.
(d) Two cows.
10. At the Farm Peter learns of Stephen Gaskin. Who is Stephen Gaskin?
(a) The leader of the commune.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A man in a truck.
(d) They mayor of Murphy.
11. In Chapter 22, what does the vet tell Peter about Cooper?
(a) That Cooper is sleeping.
(b) Cooper is dead.
(c) That Cooper is stunned.
(d) That there is a chance Cooper might live.
12. At the end of Chapter 19, where is Peter headed?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) The Farm.
13. In Chapter 13, what must Peter do in order to live with the Oliver family?
(a) Find a job.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Clean the chicken coops.
(d) Wash the dishes.
14. In Chapter 26, Who is Miss Margaret?
(a) A teacher.
(b) The store clerk.
(c) An actress.
(d) M.C.'s wife.
15. What does Governor Wallace tell Peter before he leaves?
(a) That he will have state troopers watch out for him.
(b) To never return.
(c) To watch his back.
(d) To be careful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer does Governor Wallace make Peter?
2. In Chapter 15, who is Annie?
3. In Chapter 18, how do the black church members help the white church members?
4. Why do the bootleggers dislike Peter?
5. In Chapter 25, Governor Wallace makes Peter an offer. What is Peter's response to Governor Wallace's offer?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)