|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the officer threaten to do to Peter?
(a) Hang Peter from a tree.
(b) Return Peter to Washington DC.
(c) Ban Peter from town.
(d) Shoot Peter.
2. In Chapter 2, what do Peter and Cooper do to prepare for their journey?
(a) Peter gets a haircut.
(b) Peter watches the Discovery Channel for survival techniques.
(c) Peter and Cooper train very hard.
(d) Peter cashes out his savings account.
3. What sub-culture do people think Peter is a member of?
(a) Beatnik culture.
(b) Alternative culture.
(c) Jazz culture.
(d) Hippie culture.
4. In Chapter 5, how does the person that stops help Peter and Cooper?
(a) He gives them food and directions.
(b) He gives them a ride.
(c) He calls his parents.
(d) He gives them money.
5. In Chapter 12, what does the officer claim Peter is equal to?
(a) The president.
(b) A good hearted Christian.
(c) "A lazy nigger."
(d) A nasty human.
6. Why is Peter's climb in the mountains such a challenge?
(a) Peter broke his leg.
(b) The weather and lack of nourishment.
(c) The mountain has no path.
(d) The lack of sleep.
7. How often does Homer travel to town?
(a) Once every few months.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Every day.
8. What injury does Cooper receive during the attack in Chapter 3?
(a) He breaks his arm.
(b) Nothing, he escapes uninjured.
(c) He breaks his leg.
(d) He receives several porquipine quills in his face.
9. When does Peter reach Washington, DC?
(a) Sixteen days after he starts.
(b) Ten days later than expected.
(d) Two days after he starts.
10. Why does Peter's host make this offer?
(a) He feels he is old and going to die soon.
(b) He wants Peter to eat.
(c) Peter's clothes were ruined in the avalanche.
(d) He thinks walking will take Peter too long.
11. In Chapter 4, a local establishment provides Peter with items for him to carry on his trip. How many items do they provide him with?
(a) A car-load full.
(b) As many as he can reasonably carry.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) Enough to last him his entire trip.
12. At the end of Chapter 5, Peter travels to a country store in what state?
13. In Chapter 7, what does Peter promise his host before leaving?
(a) That he will dedicate his book to him.
(b) That he will return to see him again.
(c) That he will name his first child after him.
(d) That he will pay his rent.
14. In Chapter 3, who helps Peter with Cooper?
(a) A priest.
(b) A sales clerk.
(c) A man in a truck.
(d) A teacher.
15. In Chapter 9, Peter and Scott become lost on the mountain. How do they treat each other?
(a) They become closer.
(b) They have a fist fight.
(c) They become irritated with each other.
(d) They treat each other kindly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter shocked to NOT find in West Virginia?
2. What makes Peter's travel difficult in Chapter 9?
3. What does the special officer think Peter's profession is?
4. In Chapter 10, who saves Peter, Scott, and Cooper from the attack?
5. In Chapter 2, who challenges Peter to start his journey?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)