|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Peter's travel difficult in Chapter 9?
(a) The tornados.
(b) The rain.
(c) The snow.
(d) The heat.
2. At the end of Chapter 12, what is Peter doing when the special officer arrives?
(a) Waiting for money.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Waiting for a taxi.
(d) Combing his hair.
3. Why does the lady at the diner give Peter a free meal?
(a) He asks for it.
(b) She pities him.
(c) She wants him to know the same hospitality her brother felt.
(d) She thinks he is handsome.
4. Who joins Peter and Cooper on their journey in Chapter 9?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His father.
5. What are Peter and Cooper woken up by in the morning at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Children arriving.
(b) A singing choir.
(c) Fire alarms.
(d) Nurses changing shifts.
6. In Chapter 12, why does Peter call his parents?
(a) To tell them he loves them.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To ask for more clothes.
(d) To disown them.
7. In Chapter 7, What does Peter's host want to find out?
(a) What Cooper likes to eat.
(b) Where Peter was born.
(c) What time it is.
(d) If Peter is telling the truth about being on his property.
8. In Chapter 6, Peter is told he needs to meet Homer. Who tells him this?
(a) Some store patrons.
(b) A postman.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) A hitchhiker.
9. In Chapter 12, where does Peter stay after leaving the sheriff's house?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) In a hostel.
(c) In his car.
(d) In a camp outside of town.
10. What is the weather like at the end of Chapter 8?
11. In Chapter 3, who helps Peter with Cooper?
(a) A man in a truck.
(b) A sales clerk.
(c) A priest.
(d) A teacher.
12. In Chapter 11, what happens to Peter when Scott leaves?
(a) He becomes seriously ill.
(b) He hunts a deer.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) He loses his way.
13. In Chapter 7, what does Peter's host offer him?
(a) To take over his property.
(b) A new car.
(c) Some clean clothes.
(d) A hundred dollars.
14. What is Peter's first reaction upon encountering the challenge in Chapter 5?
(a) To give up.
(b) To call home.
(c) To cry.
(d) To keep going.
15. While walking through the mountains Peter realizes something. What does he realize?
(a) That he won't discover America walking through the mountains. He needs to stick to the towns.
(b) That his journey is doomed for failure.
(c) That he should have carried more food.
(d) That he left his wallet behind.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, who challenges Peter to start his journey?
2. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 8 begins?
3. What does Peter decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
4. Why is Peter surprised when he meets Homer?
5. What is Peter's response to his host's offer?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)