Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 5, where do Peter and Cooper heads toward?
(c) New York.
(d) The Appalachian Trail.
2. Why is Peter surprised when he meets Homer?
(a) She is thirteen years old.
(b) He is an old man.
(c) He is missing an arm.
(d) She is an old woman.
3. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 1 begins?
(a) On top of a moutain.
(b) In a country store explaining their journey.
(c) At the ocean.
(d) In Peter's home in front of a fire.
4. In Chapter 7, what does Peter promise his host before leaving?
(a) That he will return to see him again.
(b) That he will dedicate his book to him.
(c) That he will pay his rent.
(d) That he will name his first child after him.
5. In Chapter 3, who helps Peter with Cooper?
(a) A priest.
(b) A man in a truck.
(c) A sales clerk.
(d) A teacher.
6. While walking through the mountains Peter realizes something. What does he realize?
(a) That he left his wallet behind.
(b) That his journey is doomed for failure.
(c) That he should have carried more food.
(d) That he won't discover America walking through the mountains. He needs to stick to the towns.
7. In Chapter 11, what happens to Peter when Scott leaves?
(a) He hunts a deer.
(b) He loses his way.
(c) He becomes seriously ill.
(d) He is robbed.
8. How long do Peter and Cooper stay with Homer?
(a) Twenty days.
(b) A few nights.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
9. What city do Peter and Cooper arrive in at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Portland, Maine.
(b) Hartford, Connecticut .
(c) Washington, DC.
(d) New York, New York.
10. In Chapter 2, we learn Peter married while in College. Whom did he marry?
(a) His roommate's sister.
(b) A classmate.
(c) His high-school sweetheart.
(d) His roommate.
11. What is the name of the person that helps Peter and Cooper?
(d) Peter never learns the person's name.
12. In Chapter 5, the author begins to see signs. What are the signs for?
(a) 100 miles to North Carolina.
(c) Rest stops.
(d) A restaurant.
13. What exciting event occurs at the start of Chapter 7?
(a) Peter awakes and finds himself all alone.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) An avalanche.
(d) Peter's host threatens to kill him.
14. How is Peter feeling about his journey at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) He feels nervous and questions his trip.
(b) He decides to postpone his trip.
(c) He thinks the journey is a bad idea.
(d) He feels like nothing can go wrong. He is excited.
15. In what State do Peter and Cooper stay with the sheriff and his family?
(b) New York.
(c) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 12, what is Peter doing when the special officer arrives?
2. What does the officer threaten to do to Peter?
3. Who joins Peter on his trip?
4. In Chapter 10, a group of animals attack Peter, Scott, and Cooper. What type of animals are they?
5. In Chapter 5, how does the person that stops help Peter and Cooper?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)