|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury does Cooper receive during the attack in Chapter 3?
(a) He receives several porquipine quills in his face.
(b) Nothing, he escapes uninjured.
(c) He breaks his arm.
(d) He breaks his leg.
2. What exciting event occurs at the start of Chapter 7?
(a) An avalanche.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) Peter awakes and finds himself all alone.
(d) Peter's host threatens to kill him.
3. What type of weather did Peter and Cooper encounter while traveling through Virginia, Tennessee, and North Carolina?
(a) Warm summer.
(b) Early Fall.
(c) Breezy Spring.
(d) Harsh winter.
4. How often does Homer travel to town?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Every day.
(c) Once every few months.
(d) Twice a week.
5. In Chapter 5, the author begins to see signs. What are the signs for?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) 100 miles to North Carolina.
(d) Rest stops.
6. In Chapter 6, Peter is told he needs to meet Homer. Who tells him this?
(a) A postman.
(b) A hitchhiker.
(c) Some store patrons.
(d) The sheriff.
7. Why does the sheriff ask Peter to leave?
(a) The townspeople threaten to fire the sheriff.
(b) Peter is rude to the sheriff's family.
(c) Peter steals from him.
(d) The sheriff's wife is allergic to dogs.
8. When does Peter reach Washington, DC?
(b) Sixteen days after he starts.
(c) Ten days later than expected.
(d) Two days after he starts.
9. How long do Peter and Cooper stay with Homer?
(a) A few nights.
(b) Twenty days.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
10. Why does Peter feel depressed in Chapter 9?
(a) He feels like a failure.
(b) His father died.
(c) The holidays are approaching.
(d) He is out of money.
11. What city do Peter and Cooper arrive in at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) Hartford, Connecticut .
(c) Portland, Maine.
(d) New York, New York.
12. In Chapter 7, what does Peter's host offer him?
(a) Some clean clothes.
(b) A new car.
(c) To take over his property.
(d) A hundred dollars.
13. Where does Peter decide to travel?
(a) Peter will travel to Alaska.
(b) Peter will travel from New York to Washington, D.C. and then to Louisiana
(c) Peter will travel from Maine to California.
(d) Peter will travel to Canada.
14. Why is Peter's climb in the mountains such a challenge?
(a) The mountain has no path.
(b) The weather and lack of nourishment.
(c) The lack of sleep.
(d) Peter broke his leg.
15. In Chapter 8, Peter and Cooper find a place to stay. Where is it?
(a) A church.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A school house.
(d) A firehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Peter and Cooper meet their first big challenge. What is it?
2. Why do people come to see Peter before he leaves Washington, DC?
3. What type of person is Homer?
4. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 8 begins?
5. What event does the individual miss because he helps Peter and Cooper?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)