|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peter decide to travel?
(a) Peter will travel to Canada.
(b) Peter will travel from New York to Washington, D.C. and then to Louisiana
(c) Peter will travel from Maine to California.
(d) Peter will travel to Alaska.
2. When does Peter reach Washington, DC?
(a) Sixteen days after he starts.
(c) Two days after he starts.
(d) Ten days later than expected.
3. What city do Peter and Cooper arrive in at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Hartford, Connecticut .
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Washington, DC.
(d) Portland, Maine.
4. In Chapter 6, Peter is told he needs to meet Homer. Who tells him this?
(a) A postman.
(b) Some store patrons.
(c) A hitchhiker.
(d) The sheriff.
5. How often does Homer travel to town?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once every few months.
(c) Twice a week.
(d) Every day.
6. In Chapter 5, who stops to help Peter and Cooper?
(a) A kind man in a truck.
(b) He meets no one.
(c) A beautiful woman.
(d) A child on a bike.
7. What does the special officer think Peter's profession is?
(a) A therapist.
(b) A writer.
(c) A drug dealer.
(d) A doctor.
8. What is Peter shocked to NOT find in West Virginia?
(a) His family.
(b) Five-star hotels.
(c) Hillbillies and shacks.
(d) Running water.
9. In Chapter 5, the author begins to see signs. What are the signs for?
(a) Rest stops.
(b) 100 miles to North Carolina.
(c) A restaurant.
10. What historic event do we learn that Peter attended during his college years?
(b) The Tianamen Square protests.
11. Where did Peter grow up?
(a) A farm.
(b) On a lake.
(c) The city.
(d) The suburbs.
12. What event does the individual miss because he helps Peter and Cooper?
(a) A lunch break.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) An office meeting.
13. What does Peter wear that is controversial?
(a) Tattoos and piercings.
(b) Baggy pants.
(c) A button-down shirt.
(d) His hair long.
14. In Chapter 7, What does Peter's host want to find out?
(a) If Peter is telling the truth about being on his property.
(b) What Cooper likes to eat.
(c) What time it is.
(d) Where Peter was born.
15. In Chapter 2, we learn why Peter starts his journey. What is the reason?
(a) He loses his job.
(b) His parents ask him to move out.
(c) He wants to see if America is as bad as he believes.
(d) He is bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, we learn Peter married while in College. Whom did he marry?
2. In Chapter 12, where does Peter stay after leaving the sheriff's house?
3. What does the officer threaten to do to Peter?
4. In Chapter 4, Peter visits a place which will provide him equipment on his journey. What is this place?
5. In Chapter 4, who comes to see Peter off on his journey?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)