|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, the author begins to see signs. What are the signs for?
(a) A restaurant.
(c) Rest stops.
(d) 100 miles to North Carolina.
2. How is Peter feeling about his journey at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) He decides to postpone his trip.
(b) He feels nervous and questions his trip.
(c) He thinks the journey is a bad idea.
(d) He feels like nothing can go wrong. He is excited.
3. In Chapter 8, Peter and Cooper find a place to stay. Where is it?
(a) A school house.
(b) A church.
(c) A firehouse.
(d) A hospital.
4. How does Peter react to offer of a free meal?
5. How long do Peter and Cooper stay with Homer?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) Twenty days.
(d) A few nights.
6. On what date do Peter and Cooper arrive at their first city destination?
(a) February 15, 1975.
(b) September 5, 1973
(c) January 12, 1980.
(d) October 30, 1973
7. Why does Peter feel depressed in Chapter 9?
(a) He is out of money.
(b) His father died.
(c) The holidays are approaching.
(d) He feels like a failure.
8. What problem does Peter have after leaving the sheriff's house?
(a) He cannot find work.
(b) He loses his dog.
(c) He forgets his shoes.
(d) He becomes ill.
9. In Chapter 5, who stops to help Peter and Cooper?
(a) A child on a bike.
(b) A beautiful woman.
(c) He meets no one.
(d) A kind man in a truck.
10. Why does the lady at the diner give Peter a free meal?
(a) She thinks he is handsome.
(b) She pities him.
(c) He asks for it.
(d) She wants him to know the same hospitality her brother felt.
11. Homer is better then Peter at what?
(a) Chopping trees.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Writing books.
(d) Climbing moutains.
12. Why does Peter's host make this offer?
(a) He feels he is old and going to die soon.
(b) He wants Peter to eat.
(c) He thinks walking will take Peter too long.
(d) Peter's clothes were ruined in the avalanche.
13. In Chapter 10, a group of animals attack Peter, Scott, and Cooper. What type of animals are they?
(d) Mountain Lions.
14. What city do Peter and Cooper arrive in at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Hartford, Connecticut .
(b) Portland, Maine.
(c) Washington, DC.
(d) New York, New York.
15. Why does Peter's family member decide to join him?
(a) It is the holidays.
(b) Peter emails the person.
(c) Peter is bored.
(d) Peter runs out of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter shocked to NOT find in West Virginia?
2. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 1 begins?
3. In Chapter 3, who helps Peter with Cooper?
4. In what State do Peter and Cooper stay with the sheriff and his family?
5. In Chapter 10, who saves Peter, Scott, and Cooper from the attack?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)