|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what do Peter and Cooper do to prepare for their journey?
(a) Peter watches the Discovery Channel for survival techniques.
(b) Peter cashes out his savings account.
(c) Peter gets a haircut.
(d) Peter and Cooper train very hard.
2. How does Peter react to offer of a free meal?
3. What date does Peter start his journey?
(a) February, 1973.
(b) March, 1973.
(c) October, 1973.
(d) July, 1973.
4. Why does Peter feel depressed in Chapter 9?
(a) The holidays are approaching.
(b) He is out of money.
(c) His father died.
(d) He feels like a failure.
5. What is Peter shocked to NOT find in West Virginia?
(a) Hillbillies and shacks.
(b) Five-star hotels.
(c) His family.
(d) Running water.
6. Why does Peter's host make this offer?
(a) Peter's clothes were ruined in the avalanche.
(b) He feels he is old and going to die soon.
(c) He wants Peter to eat.
(d) He thinks walking will take Peter too long.
7. How often does Homer travel to town?
(a) Every day.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once every few months.
(d) Twice a week.
8. What sub-culture do people think Peter is a member of?
(a) Beatnik culture.
(b) Hippie culture.
(c) Alternative culture.
(d) Jazz culture.
9. Where did Peter grow up?
(a) A farm.
(b) The city.
(c) On a lake.
(d) The suburbs.
10. In Chapter 11, what happens to Peter when Scott leaves?
(a) He hunts a deer.
(b) He loses his way.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) He becomes seriously ill.
11. In Chapter 7, what does Peter promise his host before leaving?
(a) That he will dedicate his book to him.
(b) That he will pay his rent.
(c) That he will name his first child after him.
(d) That he will return to see him again.
12. Who joins Peter and Cooper on their journey in Chapter 9?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His father.
13. What does Peter wear that is controversial?
(a) Baggy pants.
(b) Tattoos and piercings.
(c) His hair long.
(d) A button-down shirt.
14. In Chapter 3, what does the individual do after he helps Peter and Cooper?
(a) He drives away.
(b) He walks with Peter the rest of the trip.
(c) He steals Peter's money.
(d) He runs away.
15. What does Peter decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) He goes to jail.
(b) He collects his money and leaves.
(c) He decides to stay another week.
(d) He buys a home in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Peter and Cooper woken up by in the morning at the end of Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 4, who comes to see Peter off on his journey?
3. In Chapter 10, who saves Peter, Scott, and Cooper from the attack?
4. Why does Peter's family member decide to join him?
5. In Chapter 5, Peter and Cooper meet their first big challenge. What is it?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)