|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Peter visits a place which will provide him equipment on his journey. What is this place?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) National Geographic.
(d) A camping store.
2. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 8 begins?
(a) Back in Washington.
(b) Several towns away from Homer.
(c) In Homer's house.
(d) In a shopping mall.
3. What city do Peter and Cooper arrive in at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Hartford, Connecticut .
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Portland, Maine.
(d) Washington, DC.
4. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 1 begins?
(a) In a country store explaining their journey.
(b) On top of a moutain.
(c) At the ocean.
(d) In Peter's home in front of a fire.
5. What horrible event occurs to Cooper in Chapter 3?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He returns home.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is attacked by an animal.
6. In Chapter 11, what happens to Peter when Scott leaves?
(a) He becomes seriously ill.
(b) He hunts a deer.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) He loses his way.
7. Why does the sheriff ask Peter to leave?
(a) The townspeople threaten to fire the sheriff.
(b) The sheriff's wife is allergic to dogs.
(c) Peter steals from him.
(d) Peter is rude to the sheriff's family.
8. What exciting event occurs at the start of Chapter 7?
(a) An avalanche.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) Peter awakes and finds himself all alone.
(d) Peter's host threatens to kill him.
9. At the end of Chapter 12, what is Peter doing when the special officer arrives?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Waiting for money.
(c) Combing his hair.
(d) Waiting for a taxi.
10. In Chapter 12, why does Peter call his parents?
(a) To tell them he loves them.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To disown them.
(d) To ask for more clothes.
11. Why does Peter's host make this offer?
(a) He thinks walking will take Peter too long.
(b) He feels he is old and going to die soon.
(c) He wants Peter to eat.
(d) Peter's clothes were ruined in the avalanche.
12. At the start of Chapter 9, where is Peter headed?
13. In Chapter 2, we learn why Peter starts his journey. What is the reason?
(a) He loses his job.
(b) He is bored.
(c) His parents ask him to move out.
(d) He wants to see if America is as bad as he believes.
14. At the end of Chapter 12, how does Peter feel people perceive him?
(a) As a cranky old man.
(b) As a loveable guy.
(c) As a mean spirited person.
(d) As a drug dealing hippie.
15. What is the name of the person that helps Peter and Cooper?
(a) Peter never learns the person's name.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does the officer claim Peter is equal to?
2. What is the book A Walk Across America about?
3. What date does Peter start his journey?
4. How does Peter react to offer of a free meal?
5. At the end of Chapter 5, Peter travels to a country store in what state?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)