|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While walking through the mountains Peter realizes something. What does he realize?
(a) That he won't discover America walking through the mountains. He needs to stick to the towns.
(b) That he left his wallet behind.
(c) That his journey is doomed for failure.
(d) That he should have carried more food.
2. What city do Peter and Cooper arrive in at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Hartford, Connecticut .
(b) Washington, DC.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Portland, Maine.
3. In Chapter 2, we learn why Peter starts his journey. What is the reason?
(a) His parents ask him to move out.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He loses his job.
(d) He wants to see if America is as bad as he believes.
4. In Chapter 3, what does the individual do after he helps Peter and Cooper?
(a) He steals Peter's money.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He drives away.
(d) He walks with Peter the rest of the trip.
5. At the end of Chapter 12, what is Peter doing when the special officer arrives?
(a) Waiting for a taxi.
(b) Waiting for money.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Combing his hair.
6. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 1 begins?
(a) On top of a moutain.
(b) In Peter's home in front of a fire.
(c) In a country store explaining their journey.
(d) At the ocean.
7. What is the name of the person that helps Peter and Cooper?
(c) Peter never learns the person's name.
8. In Chapter 5, the author begins to see signs. What are the signs for?
(a) Rest stops.
(b) A restaurant.
(d) 100 miles to North Carolina.
9. In Chapter 7, what does Peter's host offer him?
(a) A new car.
(b) A hundred dollars.
(c) To take over his property.
(d) Some clean clothes.
10. In Chapter 2, what do Peter and Cooper do to prepare for their journey?
(a) Peter gets a haircut.
(b) Peter watches the Discovery Channel for survival techniques.
(c) Peter and Cooper train very hard.
(d) Peter cashes out his savings account.
11. What does Peter learn in Fontana Village, North Carolina?
(a) That he is almost to Louisiana.
(b) That his father is ill.
(c) That president Kennedy was assassinated.
(d) That people have been catching the flu and dying from it.
12. What does Peter wear that is controversial?
(a) His hair long.
(b) Baggy pants.
(c) A button-down shirt.
(d) Tattoos and piercings.
13. In Chapter 9, Peter and Scott become lost on the mountain. How do they treat each other?
(a) They treat each other kindly.
(b) They become irritated with each other.
(c) They become closer.
(d) They have a fist fight.
14. In Chapter 7, What does Peter's host want to find out?
(a) If Peter is telling the truth about being on his property.
(b) What Cooper likes to eat.
(c) What time it is.
(d) Where Peter was born.
15. What event does the individual miss because he helps Peter and Cooper?
(a) A lunch break.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) An office meeting.
(d) A wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Peter reach Washington, DC?
2. At the start of Chapter 5, where do Peter and Cooper heads toward?
3. In Chapter 4, a local establishment provides Peter with items for him to carry on his trip. How many items do they provide him with?
4. Why does Peter feel depressed in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 10, a group of animals attack Peter, Scott, and Cooper. What type of animals are they?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)