|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Homer travel to town?
(a) Once every few months.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Every day.
(d) Once a week.
2. While walking through the mountains Peter realizes something. What does he realize?
(a) That he should have carried more food.
(b) That his journey is doomed for failure.
(c) That he won't discover America walking through the mountains. He needs to stick to the towns.
(d) That he left his wallet behind.
3. In Chapter 2, who challenges Peter to start his journey?
(a) His father.
(b) His friend.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
4. In Chapter 4, who comes to see Peter off on his journey?
(a) His students.
(b) His wife.
(c) His child.
(d) His family.
5. In Chapter 5, the author begins to see signs. What are the signs for?
(a) Rest stops.
(b) 100 miles to North Carolina.
(c) A restaurant.
6. What event does the individual miss because he helps Peter and Cooper?
(a) A wedding.
(b) An office meeting.
(c) A lunch break.
(d) A birthday party.
7. What injury does Cooper receive during the attack in Chapter 3?
(a) He receives several porquipine quills in his face.
(b) Nothing, he escapes uninjured.
(c) He breaks his arm.
(d) He breaks his leg.
8. At the start of Chapter 9, where is Peter headed?
9. Why does Peter's host make this offer?
(a) Peter's clothes were ruined in the avalanche.
(b) He feels he is old and going to die soon.
(c) He thinks walking will take Peter too long.
(d) He wants Peter to eat.
10. What problem does Peter have after leaving the sheriff's house?
(a) He forgets his shoes.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) He loses his dog.
(d) He cannot find work.
11. In Chapter 8, Peter and Cooper find a place to stay. Where is it?
(a) A firehouse.
(b) A school house.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A church.
12. What type of weather did Peter and Cooper encounter while traveling through Virginia, Tennessee, and North Carolina?
(a) Breezy Spring.
(b) Warm summer.
(c) Early Fall.
(d) Harsh winter.
13. In Chapter 9, Peter and Scott become lost on the mountain. How do they treat each other?
(a) They become irritated with each other.
(b) They become closer.
(c) They treat each other kindly.
(d) They have a fist fight.
14. At the end of Chapter 12, what is Peter doing when the special officer arrives?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Waiting for a taxi.
(c) Combing his hair.
(d) Waiting for money.
15. Why do people come to see Peter before he leaves Washington, DC?
(a) To tell him the trip is silly.
(b) To wish him well.
(c) To travel with him.
(d) To beg him to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who helps Peter with Cooper?
2. Why does Peter feel depressed in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 5, how does the person that stops help Peter and Cooper?
4. Homer is better then Peter at what?
5. Why does Peter's family member decide to join him?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)