|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Peter and Cooper on their journey in Chapter 9?
(a) His father.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
2. In Chapter 7, What does Peter's host want to find out?
(a) What time it is.
(b) If Peter is telling the truth about being on his property.
(c) Where Peter was born.
(d) What Cooper likes to eat.
3. Why is Peter surprised when he meets Homer?
(a) He is an old man.
(b) She is an old woman.
(c) She is thirteen years old.
(d) He is missing an arm.
4. In Chapter 2, we learn why Peter starts his journey. What is the reason?
(a) He loses his job.
(b) He wants to see if America is as bad as he believes.
(c) His parents ask him to move out.
(d) He is bored.
5. When does Peter reach Washington, DC?
(a) Ten days later than expected.
(c) Two days after he starts.
(d) Sixteen days after he starts.
6. What does Peter wear that is controversial?
(a) His hair long.
(b) Baggy pants.
(c) A button-down shirt.
(d) Tattoos and piercings.
7. What problem does Peter have after leaving the sheriff's house?
(a) He loses his dog.
(b) He cannot find work.
(c) He forgets his shoes.
(d) He becomes ill.
8. What is Peter's response to his host's offer?
(a) He cries.
(b) He declines.
(c) He accepts.
(d) He offers his host something in exchange.
9. What are Peter and Cooper woken up by in the morning at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) A singing choir.
(b) Nurses changing shifts.
(c) Fire alarms.
(d) Children arriving.
10. How long do Peter and Cooper stay with Homer?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) Twenty days.
(d) A few nights.
11. In Chapter 10, who saves Peter, Scott, and Cooper from the attack?
(a) The deputy.
(c) The sheriff.
12. While walking through the mountains Peter realizes something. What does he realize?
(a) That his journey is doomed for failure.
(b) That he won't discover America walking through the mountains. He needs to stick to the towns.
(c) That he left his wallet behind.
(d) That he should have carried more food.
13. How does Peter react to offer of a free meal?
14. In Chapter 12, why does Peter call his parents?
(a) To disown them.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To ask for more clothes.
(d) To tell them he loves them.
15. What type of weather did Peter and Cooper encounter while traveling through Virginia, Tennessee, and North Carolina?
(a) Harsh winter.
(b) Warm summer.
(c) Early Fall.
(d) Breezy Spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date do Peter and Cooper arrive at their first city destination?
2. How is Peter feeling about his journey at the end of Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 3, who helps Peter with Cooper?
4. In Chapter 2, we learn Peter married while in College. Whom did he marry?
5. What makes Peter's travel difficult in Chapter 9?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)