|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peter's host make this offer?
(a) Peter's clothes were ruined in the avalanche.
(b) He feels he is old and going to die soon.
(c) He thinks walking will take Peter too long.
(d) He wants Peter to eat.
2. How long do Peter and Cooper stay with Homer?
(a) A month.
(b) Twenty days.
(c) A few nights.
(d) A year.
3. Where did Peter grow up?
(a) On a lake.
(b) A farm.
(c) The suburbs.
(d) The city.
4. What date does Peter start his journey?
(a) February, 1973.
(b) March, 1973.
(c) October, 1973.
(d) July, 1973.
5. What event does the individual miss because he helps Peter and Cooper?
(a) A lunch break.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) An office meeting.
(d) A wedding.
6. Why does the sheriff ask Peter to leave?
(a) The townspeople threaten to fire the sheriff.
(b) Peter is rude to the sheriff's family.
(c) Peter steals from him.
(d) The sheriff's wife is allergic to dogs.
7. Who joins Peter and Cooper on their journey in Chapter 9?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His brother.
8. In Chapter 3, what does the individual do after he helps Peter and Cooper?
(a) He steals Peter's money.
(b) He walks with Peter the rest of the trip.
(c) He drives away.
(d) He runs away.
9. In Chapter 11, what happens to Peter when Scott leaves?
(a) He becomes seriously ill.
(b) He loses his way.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) He hunts a deer.
10. In Chapter 5, how does the person that stops help Peter and Cooper?
(a) He gives them money.
(b) He calls his parents.
(c) He gives them food and directions.
(d) He gives them a ride.
11. In Chapter 4, who comes to see Peter off on his journey?
(a) His wife.
(b) His family.
(c) His students.
(d) His child.
12. Who joins Peter on his trip?
(a) His father.
(b) His dog.
(c) No one. He travels alone.
(d) His childhood friend.
13. Why do people come to see Peter before he leaves Washington, DC?
(a) To travel with him.
(b) To wish him well.
(c) To tell him the trip is silly.
(d) To beg him to stay.
14. Why is Peter surprised when he meets Homer?
(a) She is an old woman.
(b) He is missing an arm.
(c) He is an old man.
(d) She is thirteen years old.
15. What makes Peter's travel difficult in Chapter 9?
(a) The snow.
(b) The heat.
(c) The rain.
(d) The tornados.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Peter and Cooper find a place to stay. Where is it?
2. Why does Peter feel depressed in Chapter 9?
3. How is Peter feeling about his journey at the end of Chapter 4?
4. On what date do Peter and Cooper arrive at their first city destination?
5. In Chapter 10, a group of animals attack Peter, Scott, and Cooper. What type of animals are they?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)