|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person that helps Peter and Cooper?
(d) Peter never learns the person's name.
2. In Chapter 12, what does the officer claim Peter is equal to?
(a) A nasty human.
(b) A good hearted Christian.
(c) "A lazy nigger."
(d) The president.
3. Why is Peter's climb in the mountains such a challenge?
(a) The lack of sleep.
(b) The mountain has no path.
(c) Peter broke his leg.
(d) The weather and lack of nourishment.
4. Who joins Peter and Cooper on their journey in Chapter 9?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
5. How is Homer described?
(a) As a loving stay at home mom.
(b) As a burly lumberjack.
(c) As a studious secretary.
(d) As a real mountain man.
6. In Chapter 5, Peter and Cooper meet their first big challenge. What is it?
(a) A thief.
(b) A Rattlesnake.
(c) A broken limb.
(d) A mountain.
7. In Chapter 12, why does Peter call his parents?
(a) To tell them he loves them.
(b) To ask for more clothes.
(c) To disown them.
(d) To ask for money.
8. In what State do Peter and Cooper stay with the sheriff and his family?
(a) New York.
(b) North Carolina.
9. What world event is occurring during the book?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) The Cold War.
(c) The Gulf War.
(d) World War I.
10. At the start of Chapter 9, where is Peter headed?
11. At the end of Chapter 12, how does Peter feel people perceive him?
(a) As a loveable guy.
(b) As a mean spirited person.
(c) As a drug dealing hippie.
(d) As a cranky old man.
12. What type of person is Homer?
(d) Kind and gentle.
13. Why does the sheriff ask Peter to leave?
(a) Peter steals from him.
(b) The sheriff's wife is allergic to dogs.
(c) Peter is rude to the sheriff's family.
(d) The townspeople threaten to fire the sheriff.
14. In Chapter 2, who challenges Peter to start his journey?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His friend.
15. When does Peter reach Washington, DC?
(a) Ten days later than expected.
(b) Sixteen days after he starts.
(d) Two days after he starts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Peter grow up?
2. Along the way, Cooper and Peter stop at a country store to buy a feast. Who joins them?
3. While walking through the mountains Peter realizes something. What does he realize?
4. What makes Peter's travel difficult in Chapter 9?
5. Who is Cooper?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)