|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, we learn Peter married while in College. Whom did he marry?
(a) His high-school sweetheart.
(b) His roommate.
(c) A classmate.
(d) His roommate's sister.
2. Why does Peter's host make this offer?
(a) He wants Peter to eat.
(b) He thinks walking will take Peter too long.
(c) He feels he is old and going to die soon.
(d) Peter's clothes were ruined in the avalanche.
3. What city do Peter and Cooper arrive in at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) Hartford, Connecticut .
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Portland, Maine.
4. In Chapter 4, Peter visits a location which provides him materials for him trip. What does the place provide him with?
(b) A camera.
(c) A tent.
5. Where did Peter grow up?
(a) On a lake.
(b) The city.
(c) The suburbs.
(d) A farm.
6. At the start of Chapter 5, where do Peter and Cooper heads toward?
(b) The Appalachian Trail.
(c) New York.
7. What event does the individual miss because he helps Peter and Cooper?
(a) A lunch break.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) An office meeting.
8. At the start of Chapter 9, where is Peter headed?
9. On what date do Peter and Cooper arrive at their first city destination?
(a) September 5, 1973
(b) February 15, 1975.
(c) January 12, 1980.
(d) October 30, 1973
10. In Chapter 5, Peter and Cooper meet their first big challenge. What is it?
(a) A broken limb.
(b) A Rattlesnake.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A thief.
11. What problem does Peter have after leaving the sheriff's house?
(a) He forgets his shoes.
(b) He cannot find work.
(c) He loses his dog.
(d) He becomes ill.
12. What is the weather like at the end of Chapter 8?
13. Why does Peter's family member decide to join him?
(a) Peter emails the person.
(b) It is the holidays.
(c) Peter is bored.
(d) Peter runs out of money.
14. How often does Homer travel to town?
(a) Every day.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Once every few months.
(d) Once a week.
15. Along the way, Cooper and Peter stop at a country store to buy a feast. Who joins them?
(a) They dine alone.
(b) An old woman.
(c) An old man.
(d) The store owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What historic event do we learn that Peter attended during his college years?
2. In Chapter 4, Peter visits a place which will provide him equipment on his journey. What is this place?
3. In Chapter 2, what do Peter and Cooper do to prepare for their journey?
4. In Chapter 2, we learn why Peter starts his journey. What is the reason?
5. In Chapter 3, what does the individual do after he helps Peter and Cooper?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)