|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Peter's climb in the mountains such a challenge?
(a) The weather and lack of nourishment.
(b) The lack of sleep.
(c) The mountain has no path.
(d) Peter broke his leg.
2. Why is Peter surprised when he meets Homer?
(a) She is an old woman.
(b) He is missing an arm.
(c) She is thirteen years old.
(d) He is an old man.
3. What is Peter shocked to NOT find in West Virginia?
(a) Five-star hotels.
(b) Hillbillies and shacks.
(c) Running water.
(d) His family.
4. What type of person is Homer?
(c) Kind and gentle.
5. What injury does Cooper receive during the attack in Chapter 3?
(a) Nothing, he escapes uninjured.
(b) He receives several porquipine quills in his face.
(c) He breaks his arm.
(d) He breaks his leg.
6. While walking through the mountains Peter realizes something. What does he realize?
(a) That he won't discover America walking through the mountains. He needs to stick to the towns.
(b) That his journey is doomed for failure.
(c) That he should have carried more food.
(d) That he left his wallet behind.
7. Where did Peter grow up?
(a) The city.
(b) A farm.
(c) The suburbs.
(d) On a lake.
8. At the end of Chapter 12, how does Peter feel people perceive him?
(a) As a cranky old man.
(b) As a loveable guy.
(c) As a drug dealing hippie.
(d) As a mean spirited person.
9. In Chapter 2, who challenges Peter to start his journey?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His friend.
(d) His wife.
10. What makes Peter's travel difficult in Chapter 9?
(a) The tornados.
(b) The snow.
(c) The rain.
(d) The heat.
11. In Chapter 8, Peter and Cooper find a place to stay. Where is it?
(a) A firehouse.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A church.
(d) A school house.
12. What horrible event occurs to Cooper in Chapter 3?
(a) He dies.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He is attacked by an animal.
(d) He returns home.
13. Along the way, Cooper and Peter stop at a country store to buy a feast. Who joins them?
(a) The store owner.
(b) An old man.
(c) An old woman.
(d) They dine alone.
14. In Chapter 4, who comes to see Peter off on his journey?
(a) His child.
(b) His students.
(c) His family.
(d) His wife.
15. In Chapter 12, where does Peter stay after leaving the sheriff's house?
(a) In a camp outside of town.
(b) In a hostel.
(c) In his car.
(d) In a hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city do Peter and Cooper arrive in at the end of Chapter 3?
2. Why does the sheriff ask Peter to leave?
3. In Chapter 10, a group of animals attack Peter, Scott, and Cooper. What type of animals are they?
4. Why do people come to see Peter before he leaves Washington, DC?
5. In Chapter 7, what does Peter promise his host before leaving?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)