|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does Peter have after leaving the sheriff's house?
(a) He becomes ill.
(b) He loses his dog.
(c) He cannot find work.
(d) He forgets his shoes.
2. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 1 begins?
(a) On top of a moutain.
(b) At the ocean.
(c) In a country store explaining their journey.
(d) In Peter's home in front of a fire.
3. In Chapter 5, who stops to help Peter and Cooper?
(a) He meets no one.
(b) A kind man in a truck.
(c) A beautiful woman.
(d) A child on a bike.
4. Who joins Peter and Cooper on their journey in Chapter 9?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
5. In what State do Peter and Cooper stay with the sheriff and his family?
(b) New York.
(c) North Carolina.
6. What exciting event occurs at the start of Chapter 7?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) Peter awakes and finds himself all alone.
(c) Peter's host threatens to kill him.
(d) An avalanche.
7. In Chapter 12, what does the officer claim Peter is equal to?
(a) A good hearted Christian.
(b) "A lazy nigger."
(c) A nasty human.
(d) The president.
8. In Chapter 2, we learn why Peter starts his journey. What is the reason?
(a) He loses his job.
(b) He wants to see if America is as bad as he believes.
(c) His parents ask him to move out.
(d) He is bored.
9. What does Peter decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) He goes to jail.
(b) He collects his money and leaves.
(c) He buys a home in town.
(d) He decides to stay another week.
10. In Chapter 4, Peter visits a place which will provide him equipment on his journey. What is this place?
(a) National Geographic.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A camping store.
(d) A bookstore.
11. How does the author keep track of his adventures without carrying a lot of materials?
(a) He calls his editor.
(b) He writes in code.
(c) He records notes in his laptop.
(d) He sends emails.
12. Who is Cooper?
(a) Peter's roommate.
(b) Peter's dog, a half Alaskan Malamute.
(c) Peter's wife.
(d) Peter's brother.
13. In Chapter 11, what happens to Peter when Scott leaves?
(a) He loses his way.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) He becomes seriously ill.
(d) He hunts a deer.
14. What horrible event occurs to Cooper in Chapter 3?
(a) He is attacked by an animal.
(b) He returns home.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He dies.
15. What does Peter wear that is controversial?
(a) His hair long.
(b) Tattoos and piercings.
(c) Baggy pants.
(d) A button-down shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Peter's travel difficult in Chapter 9?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Peter's host offer him?
3. Where does Peter decide to travel?
4. While walking through the mountains Peter realizes something. What does he realize?
5. In Chapter 8, Peter and Cooper find a place to stay. Where is it?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)