|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Peter feeling about his journey at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) He thinks the journey is a bad idea.
(b) He feels like nothing can go wrong. He is excited.
(c) He decides to postpone his trip.
(d) He feels nervous and questions his trip.
2. In Chapter 11, what happens to Peter when Scott leaves?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) He becomes seriously ill.
(c) He hunts a deer.
(d) He loses his way.
3. How does the author keep track of his adventures without carrying a lot of materials?
(a) He calls his editor.
(b) He sends emails.
(c) He writes in code.
(d) He records notes in his laptop.
4. Where does Peter decide to travel?
(a) Peter will travel to Alaska.
(b) Peter will travel from Maine to California.
(c) Peter will travel to Canada.
(d) Peter will travel from New York to Washington, D.C. and then to Louisiana
5. What historic event do we learn that Peter attended during his college years?
(a) The Tianamen Square protests.
6. In Chapter 9, Peter and Scott become lost on the mountain. How do they treat each other?
(a) They become closer.
(b) They have a fist fight.
(c) They become irritated with each other.
(d) They treat each other kindly.
7. What problem does Peter have after leaving the sheriff's house?
(a) He forgets his shoes.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) He loses his dog.
(d) He cannot find work.
8. While walking through the mountains Peter realizes something. What does he realize?
(a) That he won't discover America walking through the mountains. He needs to stick to the towns.
(b) That his journey is doomed for failure.
(c) That he left his wallet behind.
(d) That he should have carried more food.
9. What does the special officer think Peter's profession is?
(a) A therapist.
(b) A writer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A drug dealer.
10. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 8 begins?
(a) Several towns away from Homer.
(b) In a shopping mall.
(c) Back in Washington.
(d) In Homer's house.
11. Who joins Peter and Cooper on their journey in Chapter 9?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His aunt.
12. What is the weather like at the end of Chapter 8?
13. In Chapter 12, why does Peter call his parents?
(a) To disown them.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To tell them he loves them.
(d) To ask for more clothes.
14. How is Homer described?
(a) As a loving stay at home mom.
(b) As a burly lumberjack.
(c) As a studious secretary.
(d) As a real mountain man.
15. Why does Peter's host make this offer?
(a) He thinks walking will take Peter too long.
(b) He feels he is old and going to die soon.
(c) Peter's clothes were ruined in the avalanche.
(d) He wants Peter to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter feel depressed in Chapter 9?
2. What is the name of the person that helps Peter and Cooper?
3. In Chapter 12, where does Peter stay after leaving the sheriff's house?
4. Homer is better then Peter at what?
5. What does Peter wear that is controversial?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)