|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does Peter have after leaving the sheriff's house?
(a) He becomes ill.
(b) He loses his dog.
(c) He cannot find work.
(d) He forgets his shoes.
2. In Chapter 4, who comes to see Peter off on his journey?
(a) His wife.
(b) His students.
(c) His family.
(d) His child.
3. When does Peter reach Washington, DC?
(a) Two days after he starts.
(b) Sixteen days after he starts.
(d) Ten days later than expected.
4. In Chapter 5, Peter and Cooper meet their first big challenge. What is it?
(a) A thief.
(b) A broken limb.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A Rattlesnake.
5. Along the way, Cooper and Peter stop at a country store to buy a feast. Who joins them?
(a) They dine alone.
(b) An old woman.
(c) The store owner.
(d) An old man.
6. Why is Peter's climb in the mountains such a challenge?
(a) The lack of sleep.
(b) Peter broke his leg.
(c) The weather and lack of nourishment.
(d) The mountain has no path.
7. What type of weather did Peter and Cooper encounter while traveling through Virginia, Tennessee, and North Carolina?
(a) Harsh winter.
(b) Breezy Spring.
(c) Early Fall.
(d) Warm summer.
8. In Chapter 7, what does Peter promise his host before leaving?
(a) That he will name his first child after him.
(b) That he will pay his rent.
(c) That he will dedicate his book to him.
(d) That he will return to see him again.
9. Where does Peter decide to travel?
(a) Peter will travel from Maine to California.
(b) Peter will travel to Canada.
(c) Peter will travel from New York to Washington, D.C. and then to Louisiana
(d) Peter will travel to Alaska.
10. What exciting event occurs at the start of Chapter 7?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) Peter awakes and finds himself all alone.
(c) Peter's host threatens to kill him.
(d) An avalanche.
11. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 8 begins?
(a) In Homer's house.
(b) Several towns away from Homer.
(c) Back in Washington.
(d) In a shopping mall.
12. In Chapter 3, who helps Peter with Cooper?
(a) A man in a truck.
(b) A sales clerk.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A priest.
13. What is the weather like at the end of Chapter 8?
14. In Chapter 2, what do Peter and Cooper do to prepare for their journey?
(a) Peter gets a haircut.
(b) Peter and Cooper train very hard.
(c) Peter cashes out his savings account.
(d) Peter watches the Discovery Channel for survival techniques.
15. Why does the sheriff ask Peter to leave?
(a) Peter is rude to the sheriff's family.
(b) Peter steals from him.
(c) The sheriff's wife is allergic to dogs.
(d) The townspeople threaten to fire the sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the officer threaten to do to Peter?
2. What horrible event occurs to Cooper in Chapter 3?
3. How does the author keep track of his adventures without carrying a lot of materials?
4. In Chapter 8, Peter and Cooper find a place to stay. Where is it?
5. In Chapter 2, who challenges Peter to start his journey?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)