|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Peter on his trip?
(a) His childhood friend.
(b) His father.
(c) No one. He travels alone.
(d) His dog.
2. At the start of Chapter 9, where is Peter headed?
3. What world event is occurring during the book?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Cold War.
(d) The Gulf War.
4. What injury does Cooper receive during the attack in Chapter 3?
(a) He breaks his arm.
(b) Nothing, he escapes uninjured.
(c) He breaks his leg.
(d) He receives several porquipine quills in his face.
5. What city do Peter and Cooper arrive in at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Portland, Maine.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Hartford, Connecticut .
(d) Washington, DC.
6. In Chapter 10, who saves Peter, Scott, and Cooper from the attack?
(c) The sheriff.
(d) The deputy.
7. In what State do Peter and Cooper stay with the sheriff and his family?
(b) North Carolina.
(d) New York.
8. In Chapter 5, who stops to help Peter and Cooper?
(a) A child on a bike.
(b) A kind man in a truck.
(c) He meets no one.
(d) A beautiful woman.
9. While walking through the mountains Peter realizes something. What does he realize?
(a) That he should have carried more food.
(b) That he won't discover America walking through the mountains. He needs to stick to the towns.
(c) That his journey is doomed for failure.
(d) That he left his wallet behind.
10. Why is Peter's climb in the mountains such a challenge?
(a) The mountain has no path.
(b) Peter broke his leg.
(c) The weather and lack of nourishment.
(d) The lack of sleep.
11. On what date do Peter and Cooper arrive at their first city destination?
(a) September 5, 1973
(b) February 15, 1975.
(c) October 30, 1973
(d) January 12, 1980.
12. In Chapter 7, what does Peter promise his host before leaving?
(a) That he will name his first child after him.
(b) That he will return to see him again.
(c) That he will pay his rent.
(d) That he will dedicate his book to him.
13. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 8 begins?
(a) Several towns away from Homer.
(b) Back in Washington.
(c) In a shopping mall.
(d) In Homer's house.
14. Who joins Peter and Cooper on their journey in Chapter 9?
(a) His father.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
15. In Chapter 12, what does the officer claim Peter is equal to?
(a) "A lazy nigger."
(b) A good hearted Christian.
(c) A nasty human.
(d) The president.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of person is Homer?
2. What does the officer threaten to do to Peter?
3. In Chapter 7, What does Peter's host want to find out?
4. In Chapter 6, Peter is told he needs to meet Homer. Who tells him this?
5. In Chapter 5, the author begins to see signs. What are the signs for?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)