|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What world event is occurring during the book?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Cold War.
(d) The Gulf War.
2. At the start of Chapter 9, where is Peter headed?
3. In Chapter 2, we learn Peter married while in College. Whom did he marry?
(a) A classmate.
(b) His high-school sweetheart.
(c) His roommate.
(d) His roommate's sister.
4. What city do Peter and Cooper arrive in at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) Hartford, Connecticut .
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Portland, Maine.
5. How is Homer described?
(a) As a burly lumberjack.
(b) As a loving stay at home mom.
(c) As a real mountain man.
(d) As a studious secretary.
6. On what date do Peter and Cooper arrive at their first city destination?
(a) October 30, 1973
(b) January 12, 1980.
(c) February 15, 1975.
(d) September 5, 1973
7. What historic event do we learn that Peter attended during his college years?
(d) The Tianamen Square protests.
8. In Chapter 10, a group of animals attack Peter, Scott, and Cooper. What type of animals are they?
(d) Mountain Lions.
9. Where does Peter decide to travel?
(a) Peter will travel from New York to Washington, D.C. and then to Louisiana
(b) Peter will travel to Canada.
(c) Peter will travel from Maine to California.
(d) Peter will travel to Alaska.
10. In Chapter 12, what does the officer claim Peter is equal to?
(a) A nasty human.
(b) A good hearted Christian.
(c) "A lazy nigger."
(d) The president.
11. What is the name of the person that helps Peter and Cooper?
(b) Peter never learns the person's name.
12. How does the author keep track of his adventures without carrying a lot of materials?
(a) He records notes in his laptop.
(b) He writes in code.
(c) He sends emails.
(d) He calls his editor.
13. In Chapter 5, who stops to help Peter and Cooper?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) He meets no one.
(c) A kind man in a truck.
(d) A child on a bike.
14. What does Peter decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) He decides to stay another week.
(b) He goes to jail.
(c) He buys a home in town.
(d) He collects his money and leaves.
15. In what State do Peter and Cooper stay with the sheriff and his family?
(b) New York.
(c) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Peter and Cooper woken up by in the morning at the end of Chapter 8?
2. What does Peter learn in Fontana Village, North Carolina?
3. In Chapter 2, who challenges Peter to start his journey?
4. In Chapter 2, what do Peter and Cooper do to prepare for their journey?
5. What is the weather like at the end of Chapter 8?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)