|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Peter surprised when he meets Homer?
(a) He is an old man.
(b) She is thirteen years old.
(c) She is an old woman.
(d) He is missing an arm.
2. At the start of Chapter 9, where is Peter headed?
3. Why is Peter's climb in the mountains such a challenge?
(a) The mountain has no path.
(b) The lack of sleep.
(c) The weather and lack of nourishment.
(d) Peter broke his leg.
4. At the end of Chapter 5, Peter travels to a country store in what state?
5. In Chapter 12, where does Peter stay after leaving the sheriff's house?
(a) In a camp outside of town.
(b) In a hostel.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In his car.
6. In Chapter 10, a group of animals attack Peter, Scott, and Cooper. What type of animals are they?
(b) Mountain Lions.
7. In Chapter 5, the author begins to see signs. What are the signs for?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) 100 miles to North Carolina.
(d) Rest stops.
8. When does Peter reach Washington, DC?
(a) Ten days later than expected.
(c) Sixteen days after he starts.
(d) Two days after he starts.
9. Why does Peter's family member decide to join him?
(a) It is the holidays.
(b) Peter runs out of money.
(c) Peter emails the person.
(d) Peter is bored.
10. What is the name of the person that helps Peter and Cooper?
(c) Peter never learns the person's name.
11. What does Peter learn in Fontana Village, North Carolina?
(a) That president Kennedy was assassinated.
(b) That people have been catching the flu and dying from it.
(c) That his father is ill.
(d) That he is almost to Louisiana.
12. How long do Peter and Cooper stay with Homer?
(a) A few nights.
(b) A month.
(c) A year.
(d) Twenty days.
13. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 1 begins?
(a) On top of a moutain.
(b) In a country store explaining their journey.
(c) In Peter's home in front of a fire.
(d) At the ocean.
14. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 8 begins?
(a) Several towns away from Homer.
(b) In a shopping mall.
(c) In Homer's house.
(d) Back in Washington.
15. In Chapter 4, Peter visits a place which will provide him equipment on his journey. What is this place?
(a) A camping store.
(b) A bookstore.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) National Geographic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury does Cooper receive during the attack in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 5, how does the person that stops help Peter and Cooper?
3. In Chapter 3, who helps Peter with Cooper?
4. Why does the sheriff ask Peter to leave?
5. In Chapter 2, what do Peter and Cooper do to prepare for their journey?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)