|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, a local establishment provides Peter with items for him to carry on his trip. How many items do they provide him with?
(a) Enough to last him his entire trip.
(b) As many as he can reasonably carry.
(c) A car-load full.
(d) Ten pounds.
2. Who is Cooper?
(a) Peter's wife.
(b) Peter's dog, a half Alaskan Malamute.
(c) Peter's roommate.
(d) Peter's brother.
3. What is Peter shocked to NOT find in West Virginia?
(a) Five-star hotels.
(b) Hillbillies and shacks.
(c) Running water.
(d) His family.
4. In Chapter 5, who stops to help Peter and Cooper?
(a) A child on a bike.
(b) A kind man in a truck.
(c) A beautiful woman.
(d) He meets no one.
5. What problem does Peter have after leaving the sheriff's house?
(a) He forgets his shoes.
(b) He loses his dog.
(c) He cannot find work.
(d) He becomes ill.
6. In Chapter 5, the author begins to see signs. What are the signs for?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) Rest stops.
(d) 100 miles to North Carolina.
7. What makes Peter's travel difficult in Chapter 9?
(a) The snow.
(b) The tornados.
(c) The heat.
(d) The rain.
8. What is the weather like at the end of Chapter 8?
9. What type of weather did Peter and Cooper encounter while traveling through Virginia, Tennessee, and North Carolina?
(a) Warm summer.
(b) Early Fall.
(c) Breezy Spring.
(d) Harsh winter.
10. In Chapter 11, what happens to Peter when Scott leaves?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) He loses his way.
(c) He becomes seriously ill.
(d) He hunts a deer.
11. What does Peter decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) He buys a home in town.
(b) He decides to stay another week.
(c) He collects his money and leaves.
(d) He goes to jail.
12. While walking through the mountains Peter realizes something. What does he realize?
(a) That he left his wallet behind.
(b) That he won't discover America walking through the mountains. He needs to stick to the towns.
(c) That he should have carried more food.
(d) That his journey is doomed for failure.
13. In Chapter 2, we learn Peter married while in College. Whom did he marry?
(a) His high-school sweetheart.
(b) A classmate.
(c) His roommate.
(d) His roommate's sister.
14. What date does Peter start his journey?
(a) March, 1973.
(b) February, 1973.
(c) July, 1973.
(d) October, 1973.
15. On what date do Peter and Cooper arrive at their first city destination?
(a) September 5, 1973
(b) January 12, 1980.
(c) February 15, 1975.
(d) October 30, 1973
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, how long does Peter wait to call his parents?
2. At the end of Chapter 5, Peter travels to a country store in what state?
3. What is Peter's response to his host's offer?
4. How often does Homer travel to town?
5. What is the name of the person that helps Peter and Cooper?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)