|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peter's response to his host's offer?
(a) He declines.
(b) He accepts.
(c) He offers his host something in exchange.
(d) He cries.
2. What is the weather like at the end of Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 12, how long does Peter wait to call his parents?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) He does not call his parents.
(d) One day.
4. When does Peter reach Washington, DC?
(a) Ten days later than expected.
(b) Sixteen days after he starts.
(c) Two days after he starts.
5. In Chapter 3, who helps Peter with Cooper?
(a) A sales clerk.
(b) A priest.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A man in a truck.
6. In Chapter 5, Peter and Cooper meet their first big challenge. What is it?
(a) A thief.
(b) A Rattlesnake.
(c) A mountain.
(d) A broken limb.
7. What world event is occurring during the book?
(a) The Gulf War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) The Cold War.
8. In Chapter 12, what does the officer claim Peter is equal to?
(a) A good hearted Christian.
(b) The president.
(c) A nasty human.
(d) "A lazy nigger."
9. In Chapter 7, what does Peter promise his host before leaving?
(a) That he will name his first child after him.
(b) That he will dedicate his book to him.
(c) That he will return to see him again.
(d) That he will pay his rent.
10. Along the way, Cooper and Peter stop at a country store to buy a feast. Who joins them?
(a) The store owner.
(b) An old man.
(c) An old woman.
(d) They dine alone.
11. At the end of Chapter 12, what is Peter doing when the special officer arrives?
(a) Waiting for a taxi.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Waiting for money.
(d) Combing his hair.
12. What is Peter shocked to NOT find in West Virginia?
(a) Running water.
(b) Hillbillies and shacks.
(c) Five-star hotels.
(d) His family.
13. Homer is better then Peter at what?
(a) Climbing moutains.
(b) Writing books.
(c) Chopping trees.
(d) Cooking dinner.
14. In Chapter 10, who saves Peter, Scott, and Cooper from the attack?
(a) The deputy.
(d) The sheriff.
15. What type of person is Homer?
(a) Kind and gentle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Peter's climb in the mountains such a challenge?
2. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 8 begins?
3. In Chapter 7, What does Peter's host want to find out?
4. At the end of Chapter 12, how does Peter feel people perceive him?
5. What date does Peter start his journey?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)