Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter attempt to fulfill himself prior to starting his journey?
2. Describe Peter's life growing up.
3. Describe Peter's life while in college.
4. In Chapter 1, how does Peter feel about America? What does he decide to do? Why does he change his mind?
5. Describe Peter and Cooper's first involvement with a helpful American in Chapter 3.
6. In Chapter 4, what happens when Peter arrives in Washington, DC?
7. Describe Peter's emotional state as he starts his journey at the end of Chapter 4.
8. Peter meets many people on his trip. Sometimes people react to Peter in a bad way. Describe people's reactions to Peter and why they feel that way. Cite an example from Chapters 1-4.
9. What political events are occurring at the time of this book. How does this influence Peter's journey?
10. What is Peter convinced he will find out on his journey?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)