|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, who challenges Peter to start his journey?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His friend.
2. Why does the sheriff ask Peter to leave?
(a) Peter is rude to the sheriff's family.
(b) Peter steals from him.
(c) The sheriff's wife is allergic to dogs.
(d) The townspeople threaten to fire the sheriff.
3. How is Peter feeling about his journey at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) He decides to postpone his trip.
(b) He feels nervous and questions his trip.
(c) He thinks the journey is a bad idea.
(d) He feels like nothing can go wrong. He is excited.
4. While walking through the mountains Peter realizes something. What does he realize?
(a) That he should have carried more food.
(b) That he left his wallet behind.
(c) That his journey is doomed for failure.
(d) That he won't discover America walking through the mountains. He needs to stick to the towns.
5. What gift does Peter give the Oliver family at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) A new car.
(b) A hundred dollars.
(c) Wood to build pig pens.
(d) Two cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Peter's host offer him?
2. What sub-culture do people think Peter is a member of?
3. How does Governor Wallace shock Peter?
4. What is "butcher night" as referred to in Chapter 15?
5. At the end of Chapter 5, Peter travels to a country store in what state?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)