|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the sheriff ask Peter to leave?
(a) Peter is rude to the sheriff's family.
(b) The sheriff's wife is allergic to dogs.
(c) The townspeople threaten to fire the sheriff.
(d) Peter steals from him.
2. What makes Peter's travel difficult in Chapter 9?
(a) The rain.
(b) The heat.
(c) The snow.
(d) The tornados.
3. In Chapter 3, what does the individual do after he helps Peter and Cooper?
(a) He walks with Peter the rest of the trip.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He drives away.
(d) He steals Peter's money.
4. In Chapter 5, the author begins to see signs. What are the signs for?
(a) Rest stops.
(b) 100 miles to North Carolina.
(d) A restaurant.
5. What is the book A Walk Across America about?
(a) The reuniting of a family.
(b) A story of a woman who battles the elements across America.
(c) A man's journey across America and what he learns.
(d) The travels of a dog who ran away from home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem does Peter have after leaving the sheriff's house?
2. What sub-culture do people think Peter is a member of?
3. How does the author keep track of his adventures without carrying a lot of materials?
4. What exciting event occurs at the start of Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 12, where does Peter stay after leaving the sheriff's house?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)