|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the book A Walk Across America about?
(a) The travels of a dog who ran away from home.
(b) A man's journey across America and what he learns.
(c) A story of a woman who battles the elements across America.
(d) The reuniting of a family.
2. In Chapter 7, what does Peter promise his host before leaving?
(a) That he will pay his rent.
(b) That he will return to see him again.
(c) That he will dedicate his book to him.
(d) That he will name his first child after him.
3. In Chapter 4, Peter visits a place which will provide him equipment on his journey. What is this place?
(a) National Geographic.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) A camping store.
4. In Chapter 12, where does Peter stay after leaving the sheriff's house?
(a) In a hostel.
(b) In his car.
(c) In a camp outside of town.
(d) In a hotel.
5. What does Peter decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) He goes to jail.
(b) He buys a home in town.
(c) He decides to stay another week.
(d) He collects his money and leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Peter shocked to NOT find in West Virginia?
2. In Chapter 5, the author begins to see signs. What are the signs for?
3. What historic event do we learn that Peter attended during his college years?
4. In Chapter 6, Peter is told he needs to meet Homer. Who tells him this?
5. What type of person is Homer?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)