|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does Peter have after leaving the sheriff's house?
(a) He forgets his shoes.
(b) He becomes ill.
(c) He loses his dog.
(d) He cannot find work.
2. Why does Peter feel depressed in Chapter 9?
(a) He is out of money.
(b) The holidays are approaching.
(c) His father died.
(d) He feels like a failure.
3. When does Peter reach Washington, DC?
(a) Sixteen days after he starts.
(b) Ten days later than expected.
(d) Two days after he starts.
4. Why does the sheriff ask Peter to leave?
(a) The sheriff's wife is allergic to dogs.
(b) Peter steals from him.
(c) Peter is rude to the sheriff's family.
(d) The townspeople threaten to fire the sheriff.
5. Who is Cooper?
(a) Peter's brother.
(b) Peter's dog, a half Alaskan Malamute.
(c) Peter's wife.
(d) Peter's roommate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the special officer think Peter's profession is?
2. What exciting event occurs at the start of Chapter 7?
3. How long do Peter and Cooper stay with Homer?
4. Where are Peter and Cooper when Chapter 8 begins?
5. Why does Peter's host make this offer?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)