|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Homer is better then Peter at what?
(a) Chopping trees.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Climbing moutains.
(d) Writing books.
2. In Chapter 9, Peter and Scott become lost on the mountain. How do they treat each other?
(a) They treat each other kindly.
(b) They have a fist fight.
(c) They become irritated with each other.
(d) They become closer.
3. How does the author keep track of his adventures without carrying a lot of materials?
(a) He records notes in his laptop.
(b) He writes in code.
(c) He sends emails.
(d) He calls his editor.
4. In Chapter 2, who challenges Peter to start his journey?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His friend.
5. Why does Peter's host make this offer?
(a) He thinks walking will take Peter too long.
(b) Peter's clothes were ruined in the avalanche.
(c) He wants Peter to eat.
(d) He feels he is old and going to die soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date does Peter start his journey?
2. In Chapter 8, Peter and Cooper find a place to stay. Where is it?
3. How is Peter feeling about his journey at the end of Chapter 4?
4. At the end of Chapter 5, Peter travels to a country store in what state?
5. In Chapter 2, we learn why Peter starts his journey. What is the reason?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)